z

Young Writers Society

Fugue State DT

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat May 09, 2015 9:46 pm
kayfortnight says...

Discussion here! First thing we chose will be how our characters think they feel about each other.

And a place where you can look at hobbies for inspiration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies

Powers can be what would be overpowered in a normal storybook- you're supposed to be able to pound the likes of a country's army into the dust, because the real threat comes from those who are influencing you, and no amount of sheer power can change that.
Last edited by kayfortnight on Sun May 10, 2015 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat May 09, 2015 9:52 pm
crossroads says...

Oh, this is a thing.

Checking in.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Sat May 09, 2015 11:36 pm
Que says...

This sounds fun! *goes to create character*
Parlez-vous français?

Random avatar

Sat May 09, 2015 11:59 pm
kayfortnight says...

Oh, and the reason why you need your appearance when captured is because everybody's first post is going to include their capture :)

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun May 10, 2015 12:32 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

I really can't pass this up >.> Count me in.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun May 10, 2015 5:00 pm
Auxiira says...

Kay, could mine come in later on? Basically, be someone who is new to the Project? (My exams are the whole of June, so depending when this starts, I'll join sooner or later >.> But I still really want to join~ )
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

Random avatar

Sun May 10, 2015 5:16 pm
kayfortnight says...

...I can see ways that could be interesting :) With the brainwashing... suddenly your character comes in and the others believe they've known your character all their lives. Or the others think your character is another "rescue" from outside.

So since it looks like we can fit that in, sure :) I'll keep a slot marked as reserved for you.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun May 10, 2015 5:21 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Thank you <3
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun May 10, 2015 7:17 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Ohh, can I reserve a spot? :p
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

Random avatar

Sun May 10, 2015 7:34 pm
kayfortnight says...

Sure!

117 Reviews

Mon May 11, 2015 1:31 am
crossroads says...

Submitted my character, in case it wasn't noticed yet~
- they/them -

Random avatar

Mon May 11, 2015 9:49 am
kayfortnight says...

^Thanks for telling me- it took me a moment to realize I don't get notifs for submitted characters :p

117 Reviews

Mon May 11, 2015 9:55 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Yeahhhh that's one of those things that would make life so much easier, isn't it?

*CASUALLY MENTIONS IT IN CASE NATE IS LOOKING*

(no, but really, it's just something that takes some getting used to xD we all obsessively check our newly-posted SBs anyway...right? don't we? <.<)
- they/them -

Random avatar

Mon May 11, 2015 9:57 am
kayfortnight says...

Yes :) But I only got up an hour ago- It's about 6 am here.

Random avatar

Tue May 12, 2015 11:23 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Alright. We can start chatting about inter-team relationships right now (which are probably going to fall along lines of 'who's best friends with whom' or perhaps 'who has an unrequited crush on whom' since we have a bad case of incompatible orientations :) )

As for plotting- The first post for each person will include what they were doing when they were kidnapped, maybe a scene with them in a room with the others before they're brainwashed and changed (basically if it's going to be repetitive skip it) and the beginning of their first mission for the scientists.

...Which will be an attack on West Point. (For the non-Americans here, it's a very prestigious (As in students need to get nominations from Congressmen or the president/vice president) military academy training students for officer positions. They'll attack European countries, too, but I might need suggestion on where to go there.) Basically, this one is a team test run, so they're allowed to screw up a little. The scientists want to strike at the militaries of known powerful interventionist nations first so it gets easier with smaller countries/ more civilian regions. And the characters believe all at West Point are murderers, remember. They're not going to hold back. Orders will be to kill or get a surrender and allegiance to the Project.

Quick info about the area for plotting purposes: West bank of Hudson River, in New York, full of monuments, museums, even a cemetery. A lot of the staff are military, of course, and they're going to have weapons there, but the students won't be fully trained. But the scientist just might send the group without weapons since it's a test. So besides their powers, if they want weapons, they need to work for them. And of course, we can brainstorm how they'll get there and initially attack.

Storybook's still open, basically, but if you have the time, we can start planning for when it does start :D

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman