Reviews: 54
Sun May 31, 2015 5:36 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

gah, I seem to be having trouble with notifs from here ;-; I just saw this ^

will post immediatley
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:42 pm
Que says...

Just something quick: if anyone's characters wanted to team up with my character, Kyte, now would be the time to say so. I will post within the next few days!
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:24 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'll pass! I'll probably be quite busy with Ink already. Good luck with your next post!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:02 pm
Hattable says...

*cough* Does @Griffinkeeper know how SBs work...? o.o *cough*
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:10 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

You might be surprised at just how much I know. ;) I'll post additional info after I get home.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

141 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:11 pm
Hattable says...

o.o
Okay then... XD We'll just need a character page and I'll get on approving it. (please, thank you)

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:41 pm
StupidSoup says...

welcome aboard grif!
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:04 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Griffinkeeper Not to be rude (no really, NOT trying to be rude at all), but... if you indeed know a lot about SBs, why did you choose to post without authorization of the SB's maker, introducing a character that we don't know yet, that doesn't have a profile yet and that hasn't been approved by SB maker (so JK here) yet?
I'm kinda confused. And a bit curious.

EDIT: Also? That post of yours is... Well it's not in first person, like JK asked, and... Did Grif just broke the fourth wall for no reason?
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

141 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm
Hattable says...

@Tortwag, exactly what I meant, but I'm terrible with words. Thanks. XD
I asked for it to be in first person? o.o Oh yeah! I forgot >.>

And the fourth wall wasn't meant to be broken in this SB. I know I didn't specify in the rules, but I didn't expect anyone to go and insert themselves or YWS into this.

Side Note:
If you're planning to visit Earth, maybe don't? If you're on Earth, get off ASAP. There's a bit of a bad thing heading its way right now... You have until my next character post (sometime this week or next week).

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:21 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

1. Storybook was open, suggesting that approval wasn't urgent.
2. Character is alone which makes a profile approval less than critical in the short term. It also gives the OP plenty of time to give feedback on profile.
3. Inspiration struck and when it strikes, you ditch protocol and write, then ask for forgiveness later. This is true of all art.

I'll include a list of storybook experience when I get home.

141 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 pm
Hattable says...

That's great and all, @Griffinkeeper, and we'd love to have you, but could you maybe at least make it less fourth-wall-destroying? Like, this is meant to be an alternate universe. Earth wasn't even meant to exist, but I forgot to say that and it's too late to change it now (hence it's impending, er, "changes" in my next post).
Also, point-of-view. You could keep it the same in this post, so long as you switch to first person later on--
*remembers older post*
I temporarily closed the SB a while ago... I didn't officially close it because I was hoping to reopen it eventually, but... yeah...

I guess we could make an exception.
Last edited by Hattable on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

40 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@JKHatt You're welcome! I'm okay with words :D
Yeah you totally did ask for that XD

Yes, that's what confuses me. It's not a problem or anything, I like fourth wall-breakin' characters in books I read, they're usually fun.
*remembers Deadpool*

@Griffinkeeper
1. Well yeah, but aren't you supposed to at least post a profile and introduce yourself before posting randomly the way you did? It kinda felt like forcing your way in.
2. Maybe, but at least a profile before your first post would've allow us to get something rather than just a random post out of nowhere. Again, it feels like you're forcing your way in.
3. COMPLETELY agree!
And this is why you can write your post, save it as a draft, and post it when JKHatt goes "'kay, welcome aboard, you can post :D" . Or there's Word. Or Wordpad. Or Libreoffice. Or OpenOffice. Or, like me, notepads, pen and paper.
Just because inspiration struck doesn't mean you can break the rules of an organized place such as this one, as far as I've been told. And I just gave an example of a way for you to do your (perfectly respectable) art while not doin' so, so yeah, it's a possibility.

I hope you still don't perceive me as rude or offensive in any way, in which case I must apologize, because that's really not what I'm trying to do.

List of Storybook experiences? Um, thanks for providing us with that whenever you get back home, I guess, but... Why?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:21 am
Griffinkeeper says...

1. Well yeah, but aren't you supposed to at least post a profile and introduce yourself before posting randomly the way you did? It kinda felt like forcing your way in.

Not really. It's polite, but it's not mandatory. Also, I didn't "force" my way in, as nothing was impeding me. I'd appreciate you treating me as a fellow author, not an invader of your storybook.

Just because inspiration struck doesn't mean you can break the rules of an organized place such as this one, as far as I've been told. And I just gave an example of a way for you to do your (perfectly respectable) art while not doin' so, so yeah, it's a possibility.

I haven't broken rules; only expectations. What is written down in the storybook are the only limiting factor and exceptions are often granted when the story demands it. Storybooks are creative beasts and those writing for it should be encouraged to be creative in it. Maybe my post isn't what you think the storybook should be; but if you're any good as a writer, you'll take advantage of the post and use it to advance your own plot lines.

Does @Griffinkeeper know how SBs work...? o.o *cough*

I actually know very little about storybooks. I'm just a very enthusiastic amateur. And whatever you do, don't peruse the Storybook Archives, especially page 46 where the first storybooks are located...

141 Reviews

Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:26 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

@Griffinkeeper... The SB was kind of closed temporarily. Not officially as I was hoping to open it later, but we weren't accepting any new characters. >.>
You really should've asked or at least made a character before posting out of nowhere. <.<

Closing the SB

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:24 am
Ventomology says...

@Tortwag:

Should I write the next post between Ink and Andarr, or do you already have something crazy up your sleeve?
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

uwu
— soundofmind