z

Young Writers Society

The Sixth Academy For Heroes-In-Training [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 17, 2015 11:43 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I just love how everyone so far portrays Evoltrick just randomly smiling like a total psycho whenever he interacts with someone.
It's so similar to reality it's hilarious.
Anyways, so random bars hanging in mid-air. Welp, that sounds about right. Now I'm wondering what the teacher will do to you guys for running away XD
Well normally I should be able to post next. I have one day of free time after my first task of the super duper final exam of the whole entire year that begins tomorrow morning.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon May 18, 2015 2:01 am
Lumi says...

As long as you remember, @Tortwag, that Team B has to leave for their mission, or the whole plot of this episode is trashed. I haven't even had the time to read B-Bear's post yet. I'll come back when I have.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 18, 2015 2:12 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Yes, Okay. That post was absolutely fine. T-Total F-I-N-E. And funny, given @Auxiira says she can't write comedy. :P

You can try to run from Addy, but no one's ever succeeded. And she'll never forget or forgive you, either. Because memory is her superpower. Ain't that right, @StellaThomas?
-Shinji Moon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon May 18, 2015 6:47 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

WELL there's some debate as to the quality of her father's autobiographical memory as his hippocampal neurons may have been repurposed into remembering skills and moves, which is why he doesn't remember any of the children he's fathered --

But for now, she's totes coming after you.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

40 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2015 1:38 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Just came back! I think it went well. Fingers crossed.

@Lumi I didn't forget, don't worry. Now that @Auxiira have posted (are you SURE you're not used to comedy? Even just a bit?), I can get to the mission debriefing part for team B and eventually get the team to D.C.
I'mma have fun writin' that one.

EDIT: Oh, wait, Isi's not with us anymore, right? I... Need to scratch some lines of my post.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon May 18, 2015 5:03 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Ilu guys <3
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

40 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2015 9:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Auxiira that marvellous feeling is shared :D Fweeeeeeeeeends!

Um... I guess I should warn you guys, since it's a bit important. @Lumi So my post planning is done and all, but I won't be able to post until at least Wednesday. Long story short, there was a... quite big problem with my general convocation sheet (about the final exams of the year thing), and the utter boss that is my Mom had to stand up and help me quite a lot with said problem.
Basically I have 2 days to revise on an unforseen event, which will prevent me to post for this time.
Therefore, I just wanted to ask this: for any member of Team B that wanted to post, please, wait until I finish my second exam, and then I won't have any of those until June, which means I'll have all the time to keep writing here. Sorry if I'm gettin' in the way of anybody, I really don't like askin' for people to wait, I'm kind of a slowpoke.

40 Reviews

Thu May 21, 2015 5:27 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Just trying to revive the topic with another update:
FInally came back to school, got a few things to catch up, buuuuuuuuut my lovely French Literature teacher decide to give us a test for this Friday, which prevents me from writing yet again.

I am deeply, deeply sorry for this. I won't have much side tests anyway, as the last one is already underway. The post is about 10 percent done so far.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 22, 2015 1:22 am
Lumi says...

Twaggy, you don't get to block everyone on Team B from writing for two weeks. That's just silly.

I'm going to see what I can do about getting some Spinacia up in here.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Fri May 22, 2015 6:22 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

I... Seriously need to rework on my English phrasing.
When I said "I should be able to post" on May 18, I wasn't trying to reserve the next post at all, I just assumed that I could hopefully write the next part (without knowing about the... Problem... That struck me afterwards). And I wanted to post updates on my status, but anyone available and wanting to post in the meantime can say it here and I won't have any complains about it.
No really, I won't.
Also, I'm finishing my post today, starting at 5 PM my time (mostly because we're Friday, so yeah more free time).
Sorry again, looks like I confused people :/

Edit: @Lumi Posted. Sorry to keep everyone else waiting, and sorry for blocking the way again, as explained up there, that's not what I intended to do at all.
My mistake.
Enjoy the post!

@AriaAdams I do remember that we're not supposed to do backwards writing, and that Dyre left before reachin' the Mission Control Room but promised to come back. So, in respect for that chat she's supposed to have with Dove, should I remove her presence from my post or leave her there and you'll improvise? Just wanna be sure.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 27, 2015 4:57 am
Lumi says...

@Tortwag, some edits:

1. The purpose of the mission wasn't that Nicolas Cage was attacking DC with an army of clones. The purpose of the mission was to erase West's signature from the Declaration of Independence. Nicolas Cage's involvement is a nuisance and a bonus battle.

2. You're very close to a point at which Evoltrick will need to be powered down again. I thought you would have a better handle over his limited power after last year, but you've only augmented his abilities, and it's starting to show him as a Mary Sue...which will not be allowed. This is the issue with completely custom characters, as you don't have a premise of boundaries on which to base your power set. Evoltrick doesn't need to fit every role because that's stupid and undercuts the importance of every other team member. @AriaAdams made Dyre to where she and her brother are perfect for espionage and infiltration. @chibibo made Spinacia a power house with a bad attitude. @Nutty made Mocchi silly and ingenious and one who would - to prevent fingerprints on the document - use Evatt's arm to fish out the Declaration of Independence. Stop trying to be God or I'll make an atheist out of you.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Wed May 27, 2015 5:20 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi welp, sorry for screwing up again, I thought that new thing would've been helful, but looks like it's not. Not trying to be god either, I'll just revert back to the limited Evoltrick you proposed last time, that's much safer.
Oh, it was a bonus battle. Nevermind that mistake as well.
Well I tried. Definitely not using an original character with that much variety next time, 'cause I can clearly not handle that well. Thanks for the warning.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Wed May 27, 2015 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed May 27, 2015 7:24 am
View Likes
cheeb says...

Lumi wrote:@chibibo made Spinacia a power house with a bad attitude.

WOW HARSH MUCH

;D
the user formerly known as chibibo

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:30 pm
Lumi says...

I'm calling for @Nutty to hit us with a Mocchi for Team B and @Jolt to swing Tanya into the group for Team A.

If this doesn't happen by Friday, I'll be taking over Team A with Evatt and possibly removing some AFK players who haven't even looked our way yet.

I'm looking at you, @Omni.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 pm
Lumi says...

Public reminder for @kayfortnight and @Jolt to write write write.

Evatt and Will posts will likely be coming sometime this weekend.

On another note, we scored 15 posts in May, making us the most active SB in the forum despite having near zero activity in the second half of May. I expect...kind of the opposite to happen during June. Not much in the beginning, lots in the second half.

I'm curious as to whether or not @StellaThomas would like to give us a taste of a scorned Addy hunting her victims to teach them trapeze bonding for their own good...or maybe @Lauren2010 could make her debut with a side-story with the faculty. You both know how much faith I have in your abilities to pull beautiful, enjoyable fluff out of thin air, so...maybe consider this me tempting you.

As always, I'm wondering if @Omni will be with us at all for the duration of the SB, but from what I skimmed in a skype backlog this morning, his internet has been destroyed by Thor...or something.

Finally, @Holofernes has been released from purgatory and may now act as a free man - or at least as free as a man can act while under my wing. Expect Alexei to hit the scene sometime soon in a very stylish way.

As always, if you are stumped and need plot inspiration or bunnies or jokes or a friend to yell at or just make smiley faces with, I'm around. And if I'm not around, then I'll get a message on my phone if you ping @Lumi. Then I'll be around for sure.
-Shinji Moon

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid