Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:11 pm
Lumi says...

Academy #1
Academy #2
Academy #3
Academy #4
Academy #5

Why Are You Here?

This is the discussion thread for The Sixth Academy For Heroes-In-Training. Those who have pre-applied will be tagged, but as of today, the storybook is open to new applicants. To prevent cast bloating, there is a limit of 8 student slots and 8 faculty slots. To qualify for a faculty slot, you must have participated in an Academy in or before 2012. Those who qualify for staff positions are: @Lauren2010, @StellaThomas, @Rosendorn, @Jolt, @chibibo, @Nutty, @Isha, @Skins, @Shearwater, @LowKey, @Holofernes, @Hannah, @Jagged, @Octave, @Aet Lindling, @JabberHut, @Kyllorac, @ScarlettFire.

Students
Students in The Sixth Academy (henceforth known as 6c6) are in their SECOND year of education at The Academy, so even if you are a 'new' student, you have undergone a term over the summer - or have some exception that allows you to enter your second year. This allows that there may be other Academies For Heroes-In-Training elsewhere in different universes. In fact, while 4c4 and 5c5 took place in an Academy on its own planet, 6c6 will take place on Earth, nestled south of Albany, New York. Of course, it's very difficult for normal people to find The Academy. Some may even say it's impossible. You can thank the Headmistress for the new tech.

You will not be held to a visible class schedule, but instead will be graded on your performance during missions. Classes are still taken, but are more background than the previous year.

To apply to be a student, please fill out our Student Application. We will begin accepting applications begging May 1st at 00:00 EDT.
Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150]Your Name Here[/size][/u][/b]

[b]About You[/b]
[i]Please answer a series of questions so we can all get to know you better. [/i]

[spoiler]
[b]Q:[/b] Do you identify as a male, a female, or something else?
[b]A:[/b] Simply choose your gender.

[b]Q:[/b] How old are you?
[b]A:[/b] 15-19

[b]Q:[/b] Which universe are you from?
[b]A:[/b] Place your comic book/video game/book/TV show/combination thereof here.

[b]Q:[/b] Which superhero is your parent or ancestor? Are there more than one?
[b]A:[/b]

[b]Q:[/b] Tell us about your social skills. How well do you get along with others?

[b]Q:[/b] During your time at The Academy, who have become your best friends? Your worst enemies?

[b]Q:[/b] If you had a choice between love, power, or helping others, which would you choose?

[b]Q:[/b] Are you excited to be graduating this year from the Academy?

[b]Q:[/b] What is your best memory? Your worst?

[b]Q:[/b] Would you consider yourself a team leader, a damage dealer, a supporter, or a tank?
[/spoiler]

[b]Powers[/b]
[spoiler]
[i]Major Technique 1[/i] Name and describe this technique, including pros and cons.
    [i]Major Technique 2[/i] Name and describe this technique, including pros and cons.
    [i]Minor Technique 1[/i] Name and describe this technique. May be passive.
    [i]Minor Technique 2[/i] Name and describe this technique. May be passive.
    [i]Minor Technique 3[/i] Name and describe this technique. May be passive.
[/spoiler]

[b]Stats[/b]
[spoiler]
You may spend [b]ten[/b]  of these to begin with, spanning over all stats. Over the course of the  storybook, you will be rewarded with further points. Place one block  (▲) per level you wish to show in each stat.

[i][u]Health: [/u][/i]
[i][u]Magic/Energy (whichever applies to your character):[/u][/i]
[i][u]Offense:[/u][/i]
[i][u]Defense:[/u][/i]
[i][u]Speed:[/u][/i]
[/spoiler]

To become a member of Faculty, please fill out the Faculty Application below. We will begin accepting applications May 1st at 00:00 EDT.
[b][u][size=150]Your Name Here[/size][/u][/b]

[b]About You[/b]
[i]Please answer a series of questions so we can all get to know you better. [/i]

[spoiler]
[b]Q:[/b] Do you identify as a male, a female, or something else?
[b]A:[/b] Simply choose your gender.

[b]Q:[/b] How old are you?
[b]A:[/b] 21+

[b]Q:[/b] Which universe are you from?
[b]A:[/b] Place your comic book/video game/book/TV show/combination thereof here.

[b]Q:[/b] Which superhero is your parent or ancestor? Are there more than one?

[b]Q:[/b] What are your superpowers?

[b]Q:[/b] Which faculty position will you be filling?
[/spoiler]

Team A
1. Evatt Elric (Leader) - @Lumi
2. Tanya Pryde-Rasputin (Tank) - @Jolt
3. Terri Maximoff (Damage) - @Auxiira
4. Sasha Storm (Support) - @Omni
5. Alexei Kosoj (Support) - @Holofernes

Team B
1. Evoltrick (Leader) - @Tortwag
2. Isi Thorsdottir (Damage) - @QueenAnne
3. Spinacia Oleracea (Damage) - @chibibo
4. Mocchi Mog (Support) - @Nutty
5. Dyre (Support) - @AriaAdams

Faculty
0. Brianna Stark (Headmistress)
1. Addy Ellis (Gymnastics, Dance, Physical Training)
2. Will West (Chemistry, Track & Field)
3. Will McCoy (Missions Director)
4. Alexei Kosoj (Deputy Director of Parks & Recreation)
5. Rachel "Dove" L'Roth (Professor of Magic Studies)
6. Lucas Brooks (Self-Defense)

Memos From The Headmaster's Office

Spoiler! :
1. Due to budget cuts, the Headmaster's office has been hired by Subway to incorporate product placement into the Hero Documentary. Eat Fresh!

2. Due to a clerical error, the owner of the on-campus restaurant will be Mr. Eugene Crab, who does not speak English, and also is just a crab.

3. Students may notice a repetitive cycle of music at the end of every school day. This is an executive playlist requested by our janitorial staff.

4. Because of issues with the Missions Director, we request that all bones be discarded in the trash after each meal. Any bones found in the dormitories must be brought to the incinerator to be incinerated. Not that kind of bone, stop laughing, it's not funny anymore, Professor West.

5. Due to an elevated level of on-campus shenanigans, Professor L'Roth has been requested to roam the halls and report all findings to the Headmaster's Office. In addition, Professor L'Roth has requested that students refrain from referring to her as "Professor Buzzkill." That includes you, Professor West.

6. The Headmaster's Office has received a formal petition from the Organization for Lalafell Justice that all potatoes must remain in the cafeteria at all times. That means dormitories, gym floors, and science labs are off-limits. That includes your lab, Professor West. Your "potato-based research" can wait another year.

7. Due to an influx of Tumblr comments, any likeness of Loki is banned from campus.

8. Due to the massive reduction in student population over the summer, we would like to remind all students that if you see your former classmates roaming the halls to report them to campus security.

9. All rare Pepe is to be given to the Professor of Meme Studies, AT. This includes Professor West.

Director's Cut Code:
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jWmwOj0.png[/img][/center]
Director: Question
Student: Punchline
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/1XMvGwn.png[/img][/center]
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:17 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Those who need to subscribe and haven't been pinged yet:
@Avalon, @Tortwag.

While applications open for all YWSers on May 1st at 00:00 EDT, the story will begin then as well.

I will give you the heads-up that Evatt Elric (played by me) and Evoltrik (@Tortwag) will be the two team leaders. The lore between them is that they've grown to be best friends over the past year. Twaggy, I'd like your insights on their friendship and rivalry.

On the staff side of things, @Lauren2010, Will is going to propose to Brianna near the beginning - but I don't want to know her answer at all until it's time for that post. Something for you to stew on. 8D

And @StellaThomas wants to plan the wedding and/or re-proposal because Addy is a fluff addict.
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:24 pm
Lumi says...

Second tag because someone changed their name. With a sigh, I tag @KingLucifer.

Welcome to the DT, Dark Lord.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:34 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi just subscribed to this.

Evoltrick's a team leader? Ok then.
For the insights, I'd say that they'd be besties in general but friendly rivals when it comes to creating stuff (except if they have to team up of course). And by friendly I mean totally trolling each other whenever one comes up with a better creation than the other and brags about it.
On their first "re-encounter" I planned to have them chat about a common project they worked on in the past and a gooffy dialogue in which they argued about who had done the best/most important parts of the job. Also, if they ever have to team up on anything, Evoltrick would be too wacky, and Evatt more rational. That's all I got so far.
Oh wait, last thing: I'd see Evatt as really crazy/passionate when talking about science/alchemy-related topics, and Evoltrick still the crazier of the two in general. There you go!
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Also as I am sure there will be angst-ridden students, all those who are rude or otherwise unpleasant in Addy's classes will be subject to six am detentions that will involve yoga and mindfulness.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:49 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

I can't believe I forgot about @AriaAdams. Dyre should definitely come back for her second year.

I imagine Evatt and Evoltrik will definitely have standoffs about geekiness. Especially with Professor West - who is @Jolt's pride and joy geeky speedster and president of the science club.

Evatt and Dyre's relationship would have probably evolved into a really healthy friendship between Ev and Dyre-M and a willthey/won'tthey relationship between Ev and Dyre-F. Though there is a ship I'm already sailing with another student and it's sailing on high winds. SO I'M NOT SURE.

If @chibibo brings Bea back into the mix, she would definitely be one of Addy's favorites since she's a rogue and therefore moves with the swiftness of wind and the force of a typhoon and also drops sick beats like she's from Philly--wait.

I'm also still very curious about who @Nutty will bring onboard.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:00 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh! Dyre! OF COURSE! Would be cool if Bea was back then. I miss Bea. Another good friend Evoltrick would have. Well, if @chibibo agrees.
That and she (Dyre-F) and Evatt were... Friends-leading-towards-maybe-more. If I remember correctly. Or at least it was starting. And Dyre-man was fun to read.

Exactly XD Geekiness for the win. Wait... West is the president of- oh, chemistry. nvm, I didn't notice. Oooooh, the 3-way geeky battles. Amen to that.

EDIT: *is writing a detailed post plan for 2 first posts*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:17 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Oh lawd @Lumi you're putting Will up for a rough time. Bri is obvs not one to be won on the first (or third, or fifth) try so she might take some wearing down (or at least some tactical proposing). I'm sure Addy can help.

I feel like I ought to give a heads up that my posting is prooobably going to be a tad scattered? Depends on how well I adjust to my summer job schedule. I feel like it works out, though, since Bri is headmistress and will most surely do whatever she darn well pleases.

Basically, I'm here for the antics.
Got YWS?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:18 pm
KingLucifer says...

@Lumi, But Cheshire, surely you had noticed immediately?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:33 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@Lauren2010 --> surely by now you know that my philosophy is any gradbuddy is better than no gradbuddy.

Same goes for Stella and her fluff.

@KingLucifer, whom I shall call Lucy for now on, I'm bad with name changes. >:[ Tell me how Greyson will interact with Evatt and Evoltrik so I can make better decisions about team placement (unless I do them randomly).
-Shinji Moon

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:35 pm
KingLucifer says...

@Lumi, I'd have to see profiles first before saying anything.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:40 pm
Lumi says...

I'll show you Evatt's in a minute. First, a promise I made to Twaggy.

Academy #1
Academy #2
Academy #3
Academy #4
Academy #5
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:40 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi got the two profiles up.
And thankies for the Academies :3
@KingLucifer Point taken.
Totally calling you Lucy as well.

storybook_character.php?t=100832&c=1449&mode=view <--- Evatt
storybook_character.php?t=100832&c=1535&mode=view <--- Evoltrick. Soooooooo relashionship ideas between Greyson and the two of them? 'Cause I got some :D

And before you ask, yes, that's me with the Mask.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:41 pm
Lumi says...

Lucy --> Evatt's profile is at the bottom.

Feel free to write yours there too.
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:43 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wait you've got both profiles updated? Lemme see that too!
EDIT: Nevermind, 'twas only Evatt. @KingLucifer well Evoltrick's profile hasn't chagned that much, I'll put it when the SB officially start, but you can use the link I showed you as a reference.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Life's short; smile while you still have teeth.
— Tuesday