z

Young Writers Society

April OS: Everyone has their Demons DT

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu May 14, 2015 12:12 am
Pretzelstick says...

This is how you do it @JKHatt-you go through to our storybook and read every single post carefully (and click the like button) and try to understand what's happening. Try to do this without any interruptions so that you can get sucked into the book. Then sit down in front of a blank screen and awaken your muse and start typing your post.

It's that simple and that hard. :D
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu May 14, 2015 12:17 am
Hattable says...

Exactly why I don't want to/feel like doing it, @pretzelsing
I have no idea what to write about or have Archibald do >.<
*wanders off to finish homework, then think about the post*
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu May 14, 2015 12:50 am
Theodorable says...

@JKHatt

Maybe you can have Archibald meet Serena? I have her chasing a mercenary right now to avenge Mistral (her blood donor).

I haven't had any interaction with another character yet. I'm hoping that within the next few posts that she will bump into someone and then meet all of the CotN at the caves.

You can literally put Archie anywhere you want and have him stumble onto a couple of characters talking. It rarely happens where people will ignore someone trying to introduce their character.

If you need help, feel free to PM any of us for suggestions, I'm sure most if not all of us would be happy to help. :)
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Thu May 14, 2015 12:57 am
Hattable says...

@Theodorable

Well, I would do that but Rydia's already mentioned Archibald in her character's camp, so I have to have him move from there.
I really have no idea who's who or what's going on in this story... XD
*tries to catch up*
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu May 14, 2015 2:47 am
Basil says...

@Tuesday, I think your post is great ^^ And it isn't too short at all.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu May 14, 2015 3:16 am
Basil says...

Also, I'll post soon ^^
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu May 14, 2015 5:09 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

@Tuesday there's nothing wrong with your post at all! It gives us a nice sense of your character and tells us he's a man who is happy to put on the same sweaty clothes as yesterday and just get down to work. We need hard working, reliable characters like that in any storybook and really, don't worry about trying to be the best in Storybook, just look for a character who you feel your character could talk to and aim to keep them as in character as possible while having some fun.

If your character's at the camp and was only dreaming about being back at their shop then there should be plenty of opportunities for interacting with JKHatt's character and pretty soon I'm going to have some Sweepers or a group of bandits attack the camp so everyone has a chance to show how their character acts in a fight.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu May 14, 2015 2:14 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

The plot thickens... :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat May 16, 2015 2:09 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Aria and Wandering, maybe one and/or both of you can meet up with me tomorrow (or today if you're reading this in the morning xD). Perhaps we can create some plan of action while discussing everything that's happened so far? (And thus my post can be finished with confidence.)
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun May 24, 2015 9:58 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Sorry for the excessive lateness, but I've finally finished.

@TheWanderingWizard and @AriaAdams, for your reference, two others are left alive. Brent and Devian (but he is fairly wounded). I assume after Arealas 'recruits' Astrid (with the help of Wisp, more than likely) they'll head off to the Caverns as they realize they're after the same people. Oh, and Astrid will act a lot more vulnerable in their first interactions, because she'll want Arealas to have pity on her.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon May 25, 2015 3:00 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@Wolfare1, great post as usual.

@AriaAdams, do you want to go next, or should I? Then the other can write about the Caverns battle
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon May 25, 2015 5:56 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

I've just arrived to the place where I'll be staying as a volunteer/youth worker for a year, so don't count on me being very active until at least next week, until I figure out the schedules and meet the people and the city and everything.
If you want to use Wisp in your post, remember that he would not say who/what he really is, and wouldn't act openly hostile. He'd maybe pale a bit and freeze for a second as he meets Rhaegan and the other Enlightened people, but then he'd just be kinda quiet and polite and not do too much.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon May 25, 2015 8:00 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Okey dokey, VA! I shall start working on my post then.

btw, @AstralHunter's computer crashed this weekend, so any questions for him, please tag me in the comment as well. I convey the message(s) to him at school...
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:46 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

@TheWanderingWizard and @AriaAdams are you still working in that post? Because I will work tomorrow on my post with the reaction of Mara. Just let me know who should post first and in which order.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:11 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I regret having to do this, but I must drop out of this SB. I'm not contributing to this SB much, and that's not fair to all of you who do. You may do with Ion as you wish - he was never that important anyway.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

We think in generalities, but we live in details.
— Alfred North Whitehead