z

Young Writers Society

April OS: Everyone has their Demons DT

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun May 10, 2015 2:34 am
Basil says...

@pretzelsing ... Teal wouldn't attack another person unless she was challenged ... and Imara didn't challenge her
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun May 10, 2015 10:20 am
Rydia says...

Maybe we can re-write it a little so Ice attacks first? Animals can sense when someone doesn't like them/ isn't at ease around them?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun May 10, 2015 11:27 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

That's exactly what i was thinking @Rydia. I will work on that @Basil.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

346 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 11, 2015 7:22 pm
Pretzelstick says...

My post is updated with the scene of Ice biting Teal's leg @Basil (that's what you wanted). I would also like to say that Imara doesn't know that Ice bit Teal during the fight, so after the fight is done, when Rheagan (@Rydia) comes over, then it will all be clarified.

Oh yeah, and I added an outburst in Mara's and Rheagan's conversation early on . . . xD
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Mon May 11, 2015 7:24 pm
Tuesday says...

*hides in a corner, minding the fact I have yet to write Tyen's post*
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 12, 2015 4:41 pm
Rydia says...

I'll try to get a Rhaegan post in tomorrow! :)
Writing Gooder

346 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 13, 2015 7:26 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

It's tommorow (@Rydia) and I am wondering how Rheagan will react to the fight between Teal and Mara ;) - this is getting hotter :D

@Wolfare1-one week ago you promised to write one.(I understand that you might be busy but still . . . I am wondering what your character will contribute here ;)
@Tuesday-you should just start writing and pop in the middle(just like I did . . .)-we're on page 2 and I really want to get to see Tyen in action.
~George R. Martin

got yws?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 13, 2015 8:36 pm
Rydia says...

It is indeed tomorrow ;)
Writing Gooder

257 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2015 10:34 pm
Tuesday says...

I posted finally! I hoped it is helpful or rather, useful or something.

she/they

346 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 13, 2015 10:42 pm
Pretzelstick says...

@Tuesday

Spoiler! :
Hmm perhaps make it longer? If you look at other posts on page 1, you can see how long and detailed some of them are. That's just my opinion though,of course.
~George R. Martin

got yws?

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed May 13, 2015 10:52 pm
crossroads says...

Post length depends on individual style, inspiration and many other things; and there's nothing wrong with varied lengths - unless there's a specific rule saying, like, "All posts must be from 500 to 700 words and precisely seven paragraphs long", which does not exist in this case. Content is way more important than length, anyway.

Speaking of posts, I want to post for Wisp, but am not completely sure what should happen <.< People who are with him at the moment, can we discuss/collab on our next posts?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed May 13, 2015 11:17 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Aria, I am up next with what happened in Wandering's post. (I am indeed working diligently on it, and after my AP test Friday, I will have all the time int the world to complete it.) And I'd be very happy for some discussion and collaboration.

Perhaps with @TheWanderingWizard as well?
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

257 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2015 11:20 pm
Tuesday says...

Should I rewrite that post better or..
Spoiler! :
this is why I have trouble with this SB, i fear that I am not writing as better as anyone else since everyone else has better thoughts and uses their imaginative better and of course I feel like that part of it doesn't exactly meet the standard of what or how I should write.. this is why this SB is so hard to get into to since I have a hard time following everything and I am sorry for not writing a detailed introduction as I would have hoped

she/they

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Hey, Tue, don't think like that! We all have different styles and I'm willing to bet that each one of us looks at other posts (including yours, to be clear) and go "Man, I wish I could [insert idea/technique/whatever] like this person!" It's normal, and it's one of the things that makes SBing awesome, 'cause we ALL learn things and explore things with each SB and each character we write for.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed May 13, 2015 11:43 pm
View Likes
Hattable says...

I was thinking the same thing, @Tuesday.
I also have to catch up on just about every post, as I only read the first two (and skimmed over @Rydia's post that introduced Archibald.
I was thinking of killing Archibald off or dropping out, but I really want to try staying in this SB.
I'll do my best to scrape together an acceptable intro as soon as I can.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin