z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 2

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:19 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I have a have different battle this time, but I just want to say I am so glad I went with experience here, and not textbook knowledge. :D

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-258842652

EDIT: And here's a close game on which I just wanted some feedback.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-258845202
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:32 pm
Poopsie says...

''just like the training program''
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:37 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter oh my gosh Astral, I need to catch up with these. I'm really sorry, I'll be qute busy this week, but I'll try to catch up with at least your battles on previous pages by the end of this one.

@Verser was that a Zero quote? Which game does it come from?

@Robusto we're going to need a third DT, man XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:45 pm
Poopsie says...

I don't know x3 I saw it in the manga though
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:04 pm
BrumalHunter says...

So, I played against @Buggiedude2340 this evening. We agreed to play for the best two out of three games. An undisputed triumphed during the first two games, so there was no third.

1. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-258879228
2. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-258884178

Spoiler! :
Either I need a lot more practice, or I am too incapable of leading my team and I need a new one. Either way, I'm going to go search for one that suits my needs better...
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:30 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'm going to bed, but I watched the first 6 turns of the battle.

@AstralHunter ...Don't you dare switch team. You obviously lack experience, or at least it's obvious to my eyes.

The reason why I noticed that in 6 turns is simple. You had a Rapidash in front of you. And you had a Samurott equipped with the Blade Path on the field. Instead of predicting that Buggie would switch and use Swords Dance to sweep them all (because the obvious reaction of any player in existence that has played a Pokemon game for a while is that when you have a fire type by your side and a water type as an enemy, well... You switch out for one that won't die in 1 or two hits), you used Aqua Jet. Not to mention that it's the best Solution, because even if Rapidash attacks again, you'll have plenty of time to use a second Swords Dance or simply waterfall to basically destroy the entire team.
And YES, that includes Torterra, at least if you build up your Swords Dance twice.

I'll make a full comment later on, but DON'T YOU DARE switch team until you fully master your current one.
'Cause right now, you don't - and this is not at all meant to be offensive. I'll be sure to comment for Buggie' part too.

One last thing, and that's for both of you. It's going to sound cruel, but get used to it. When a Pokemon is doomed to be KOed, let it be. Do NOT switch in another one jut for the sake of saving it, because you're just wounding the one you switched in for, which gives you LESS chance of winning. Y'know, like Astral did with Brogan in front of Rapidash.

EDIT: Astral? Bitterfell still has Gunk Shot. Please re-read what I said about that part. It's on the previous pages, right before you submitted new battles. I hope I didn't sound too harsh, 'cause I really wanna help you both.

Though, Astral, if you really believe you should switch teams, then give me your team text. We'll do a tutorial battle, and I'll show you just how terrific your team can actually become.

...Scratch that, I'll do that anyways. For both you and Buggie. Please send me your team texts, I'll make a few battles with random peoples using your teams and show them here. You might learn one thing or two from watching that. I'll treat them as well as I can, if you accept!
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:41 pm
StupidSoup says...

yo astral if your still online ill battle you
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:31 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Another song for Aegeas, @Robusto.

Spoiler! :
Motivational Theme

phpBB [media]

Strangely, despite the fact that I've listened to it numerous times before, I really like the song, and I thought from the start that it would be a good theme along with the others I use for Aegeas, I've only decided to include it now. I blame my chronic laziness. :P

@Tortwag: Oh, and you'll just love what I have in store for you in the subplot idea I have. :twisted:
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:32 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

..Huh. That happened.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anyth ... -258905876 - Vs 15253, though you won't see the first battle (which ended up in a Master Race Sweep by Shell Master, right after 15253 took down 4 of my babies without breaking a sweat)

And: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-258908499 - VS Verser 1 (Won, Epic Prediction by Ladjinn + God Tier Thunder Wave by Verser's Ampharos)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-258910872 VS Verser 2 (Lost - Master Race Sweep by Verser's Cloyster, oh the irony.)

Errors and bad decisions have been made! But those battles were fun.

@TheSilverFox if Twinkiel or Hoopa's involved, probably XD

62 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:00 pm
Poopsie says...

i would love some cnc for that first battle tort, I'm terrible at uu.
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:09 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

So, Astral, Buggie, and now you. Sure thing, Verser! That UU match wasn't that bad though, and considering that you're great in OU, you should do just fine after a few comments/criticism/aftermath matches.

Allow me to catch some hours of sleep and I'll do that.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:12 pm
StupidSoup says...

Tortwag, you should open a whole forum dedicated to this XD

I battle intermittently so there may not be one for a while.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:30 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

*Actually came back to YWS one last time after brushing teeth and putting on pyjamas*

Lol. Smogon kinda does that for me, y'know XD Buuuuut I can try :3

'Kay NOW I really have to sleep. *flees to bed*

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:35 am
Ventomology says...

While I do appreciate the offer, Tort, I'm not really that interested in battling. I mostly only do it because it's a nice way to play with friends who I can't actually visit in person.

Also, Hunter, if anything is wrong or missing in my post, let me know and I'll fix it. I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing, and it's been a while since we talked about the necessary content. (Also, I was having trouble getting Jewels's character right.)

And yes, I know it's Friday by now, and I'm hardly better than you kids for staying up past midnight.

(And Hunter, Flurry's headache will keep going until I've gotten through all the important memories. It's not a huge deal, but it will make her grumpy. I plan on finishing the story within my next two or three posts though, and those will all be done by the end of August.)
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:32 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@15253 and @Verser, there is no way I am battling you two. I don't want to die! D:
— Paul the Apostle

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink