Young Writers Society

Railway Leap DT

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:37 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

This is the DT!

Any questions, concerns, conversations, and other stuff goes here!

Also, there are some notes that I didn't feel belonged in the Storybook's introductory post.

1. This is going to be a super laid-back SB. I'll welcome anyone and everyone, from new-comers to experienced SBers, and from people so busy they post twice a month to people who want to go three times a week. All I ask is that you pop your head in the DT once a week so we know you're around. I'll probably start tagging you madly if you don't.

2. I'm not worried about storyline or excellence or anything. I just want all the participants to have a good time. Make new friends, meet new people, and push your boundaries! This is going to be a really open and accepting place where we can all try new things.

3. Your first posts will detail your character's journeys to their respective dimensional train stations. This way, you don't have to plan out a character's personality and end up not following it (as I often do). It also gives everyone some idea of your writing style, world-building skills, and character.

Also under point three: You character's starting location doesn't have to be anywhere near a station which connects to the vertical-space line mentioned in the intro-post. Your character can always transfer trains to get to their universe's main-station.

4. I would prefer if popular worlds like MARVEL, Pokemon, and others were avoided. I'm not saying you have to abide by that rule, but the goal of this SB is creation.

5. Posts shall be titled! Please format them as such:
Name | Title (can be funny, an "in which...", or whatever) | location and possibly time

Also, we like to have the extra space between paragraphs. I know there are some people who get disconcerted when faced with large blocks of text. In addition, I will hopefully be able to provide some kind of image for either location or character. If there are any formatting questions, feel free to ask!

6. I probably missed something! If you think there's a rule or guideline that should be added, feel free to tell me. I am always open to ideas and criticism.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:53 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Do I ask to join here? I've never done a SB, so I don't know that much about them... But I think I would like it, so.

I am probably going to regret this post a year or so later... >_>
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

557 Reviews

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:24 pm
Ventomology says...

@Zhia, most people do ask in the DT, but it's not required. Go ahead and create a character, then once it's approved, you're in!

44 Reviews

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:41 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Yay! :D This will be really fun.

I'll create my character when I have time, today is REALLY BUSY and I want creation to be thorough! :smt003

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

44 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:01 am
SkyeWalker says...

Ideaideaidea. This is a inter-universal train, correct? So am I allowed to take an already existing Character from an RP? Because I see things happening that are completely AWESOME with that idea.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

557 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:06 am
Ventomology says...

Of course you can, @Zhia! Whatever you feel most comfortable with is great.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:06 am
KingLucifer says...

I'll join, I got a neat character idea I wouldn't mind trying out.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

557 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:16 am
Ventomology says...

We'll be happy to have you, @Avalon!

50 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:45 am
KingLucifer says...

Profiles posted
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:53 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

Oooh, I like.

... I'm joining, then...

Profile up in a few days.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

557 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:58 am
Ventomology says...

It's approved, Avalon! All I ask is that Bellatrix's energy wave attack have some kind of toll (fatigue?) so that she is not too overpowered. Also, if you wouldn't mind giving me a more detailed physical description, either in the DT or through PM, please write that so I can provide a picture.

(Uh... height, severity of features, frame, eye-shape, nose-shape... that sort of stuff. Oh, and one or two outfits, plus a detailing of her sword's hilt and blade-shape. Basically anything I'd need for a half-body image and loose full sketch.)

And welcome to the party, @QueenAnne! Um... might I ask if you're planning on a female character? (It's not a bad thing; I'd just like to know.)

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:42 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

Er, yes, female character.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:49 am
Theodorable says...

I think I shall join. I'll have a male character profile up in the next few days.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

50 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:52 am
KingLucifer says...

Alright the fatigue was implied.

Bellatrix's appearance.

Bellatrix's height makes her imposing to most men being able to stand eye to eye with them at 6'1, she's slender but well built due to her harsh training she only has one scar one going sideways across her right eye a reminder of the man who came the closest to killing her. It's likely the first thing you see on her face before anything else, her nose is small button-like with oval eyes framed with gold that gives her a constant almost piercing stare. She has muscled body from her lifetime of experience, she usually wears whatever she can get her hands on as her clothes sometimes becomes tattered and unwearable, she usually wears a black cloak, or jacket depending on where she is dropped off.

Her sword is usually a two handed longsword, light enough that it can be used with one hand, but enough hilt that she can use it with both hands when she is serious. The hilt has a circular hand guard around the sides of the hilt, there's an emblem of red eye in the mouth of a dragon on the hilt symbolizing the blade as hers. The blade is made of a dark metal and is a straight double edged one.

557 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:59 am
Ventomology says...

Oh, thank you, @Teddybear22!

Also, anyone who wants to post can go ahead with writing their character's introductory post.

It's unsettling to know how little separates each of us from another life altogether.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore