The Dreadnought Part 1: The Awake DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:58 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Welcommee
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:15 am
AlmondEyes says...

I remember this! I wanted to join last time, but I didn't get the spot I wanted or something xD Is any spot up for grabs?
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:26 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Yep! Any spot is up for grabs except for Prisoner 1, which is reserved by myself :D

And, I'm glad someone remembers this. It didn't go down so well last time haha, so here's for hoping?

sass levels loading

[he/him]

43 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:08 am
AlmondEyes says...

Totally!! Have you been advertising? I'm happy to help ^^ Also, i'll take an Awake person. I was thinking maybe the Engineer. When you say Pilot do you mean who flies the ship, or the captain who commands the ship? (I'm not too sure about the lingo, and now feel like i'm making a fool of myself for asking xD)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:07 am
Omni says...

The Pilot is the one who flies(ish) the ship. The Captain is the one who commands the ship.

EDIT: also, advertising is great, if you want to do some, feel free. I haven't done much xD

sass levels loading

[he/him]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:10 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I have accepted the invitation! *awaits approval*

I reserve the Doctor. I would have taken the Counsellor, but a Demarian Doctor makes for a more enjoyable character. ;)

And salutations, @AlmondEyes! Let's hope we actually get to write together, this time. :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

43 Reviews

Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:04 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Then I'll take chief engineer.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:32 am
Burrow says...

May I be the pilot? Also I would love to say this, is really well done!

Though maybe I want to be the counsellor, but what is its job and such?
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:15 am
Omni says...

Thanks! I hope this gets off the ground soon!

The Counselor is a mixture of your classic emotional counselor and a foreign advisor.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:17 pm
RurouniOfLife says...

Oh! May I join? XD *Sounds like fun! XD*

May I have prisoner #2, if possible? :3

(Although I would like to know more about this world, so I could write a more accurate character X3)
Lead, kindly Light. . .
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me

(*Was previously KatKage. Sorry for not saying earlier! ''X3*)

~*~ Love is the Answer ~*~

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:22 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Omni, I think he/she/it has a point. Could you describe the races in more detail? It will undoubtedly help with creating the character pages.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:00 pm
Omni says...

I'm not going to describe the races in more details unless you guys realllyyyyyy need me to. I only did a small paragraph for all of them because it's hard to describe an entire race, which I'm leaving the specifics to you guys because that's not hard to do! Also, every race will have the unique tropes that humans have. The only real difference is their appearance, which I described somewhat, but am still leaving some to the rest of you!

Also, the world is simple: You are on the Dreadnought class ship, stranded in space. The only Zenith alliance characters will be the prisoners. All other characters will be DGC. Your duty as officers on this ship is to get the ship back into slipspace to get home, and later on, to figure out what's going on and why you're repeating days.

A lot of this story will be us making it up! That includes races, character types, even how the ship works. All I'm guiding is what's actually making everyone repeat the day, and even that's going to be vague. Once we are closer to starting this, I will send out a newsletter and do Storybook Challenges, which will be my main force of direction for this Storybook. Anything else will be collaborated with the participants

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:56 pm
View Likes
RurouniOfLife says...

Ah, I see! XD Sounds interesting >u> XD XD XD

Since I already had a few of questions typed up, perhaps we could use these as a kind of guide of sorts? :3 (not necessarily that we should plow through each question and make sure they all have a specific answer, but that things like these are kept in mind X3) So, a few start questions that come to mind are:

Spoiler! :
On the Different Races:

How does each race feel about the other?

Are there any running prejudices/rivalries?

How do the races see themselves?

How divided are the races among themselves/how do they get along with others of their own race?

Is there alot of intermingling between the species?

Is there alot of intermingling when it comes to settlements (Like, civilian homes and what not X3)?

How does the society of the universe feel about mixed-species friendships?

What about mixed-species romantic relationships?

Universal-Society and it's General Paradigm(s)

What is the society's view on the war at hand?

How does the society feel about the current military/military in general? (Like, are they not questioned? Generally distrusted? Mixed opinions? Are any negative rumors true?)

How controlling is(are) the government(s) of the daily lives of it's(their) people?

Is freedom of speech a thing, or is it toned down and/or non existent? (Does it vary location to location?)

How content is the populous as a whole? (are some races more content/anxious/displeased than others?)

What kind of roles are most popular in middle-class,lower-class, and higher-class societies among the different races?

What would the everyday life be like for the average citizen?

How do ranks go in the military?

Are there many different militaries that work together/perhaps with one combined one where they intermingle, or is there just one in general? (Perhaps with some race-specific subdivisions? Or is it free for all?(<~with the given possibility that some races tend do better in certain areas than others <u>'''))

Other Random Stuff That Would be Good to Know XD

What is the tech level of this world/universe? :3

What is the tech level available to the general populace? X3

How does the ship work?

What is it's basic schedule?

Are there any sub-plot-like-things going on there? (like underlying rivalries,relationships, tensions, and anything else that might affect the soon-to-be-happenings X3)
Lead, kindly Light. . .
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me

(*Was previously KatKage. Sorry for not saying earlier! ''X3*)

~*~ Love is the Answer ~*~

True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are, it requires you to be who you are.
— Brené Brown