z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:20 am
Ventomology says...

I believe so, 15253, but since Char, Hunter and I are rather far behind (I'm sorry!), you are welcome to write fillers and whatnot.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:21 am
Poopsie says...

sounds like power rangers o:

@Robusto, may I change Frosts theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg9rfip3Kds
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:28 am
StupidSoup says...

guh....im really bad at fillers, especially since I dont wanna spam the backstory
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:35 pm
Robusto says...

No need to ask permission to change a theme. Speaking of music, it's important to memorize some songs. They'll help you make deciscions in the future. Which brings me to my next point.
@Buggiedude2340, @Verser, @15253, @AstralHunter, @Charizard, and @Tortwag.
The only way to obtain the Rock type plate is to infiltrate Mt. Providence. Vote now on whether you'd prefer to do so by stealth, or a full on assault of the mountain. Both choices have advantages and disadvantages. Vote wisely.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:45 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Robusto Memories some songs, huh? A few of mine are instrumental, and I've memorized Twinkle Time and Will to Survive, so I think I'll be fine in that department :D

My vote goes for Full-scale assault.
The Pokeathlon-like event in Frostpoint serves as a distraction. More NO members could be attending to the event, which would leave less people guarding Mt.Providence.
Spadassya and her Father could lead the Knife's Edge and a few of their allied tribes to Mt.Providence, acting as if they wanted revenge upon the New Order for what they did, thus also exposing to the world how bad they can be. Using this as our advantage, we'd let the Knife's Edge destroy some cells and liberate prisoners, AKA unleashing a huge, chaotic situation. The point of this war would be to distract and wreck havoc rather than to win.
And while the struggle rages on, a small Resistance Squad (basically our Humons) would go ahead and secure the Plate.

And there you have it. So Full-scale war is my choice, and as you can see, I have a plan for it. Thoughts, everyone?

@chibibo So you referenced Billy and Mandy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and Mandy has a freakin' Snag Machine. THAT. IS. GREAT. Thanks for doing that.(Talking about the Pokemon America SB)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:34 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Am I so inconspicuous that my vote is not considered for the assault on Mt. Providence? :P.

Yeah, I might've had a couple of minutes and noticed this lack of mention of my name. :P.

Oh, and don't change Xatu's personality or anything of the sort - my latest part will explain and correct most every mistake that you guys have highlighted about my writing. If all goes well, I will finish and display the part today. :D

Ooops...now I have to go. See you around!
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:14 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@TheSilverFox, count the words - or let Word do it for you - and then share the total with us afterwards. Oh, and it's not necessary to double or triple post because you think a single post would be too long. Look at some of my, @Robusto's and @Charizard821's previous posts.

@Tortwag, thanks for the offer! :D But when I said Criminal Minds, I meant the series with that title - I'm not sure if we're on the same page concerning that. Oh, and I just said "other crime series", as in Castle, Bones, Unforgettable, etc.

@Robusto, the Draco Plate's guardian is the travelling one? *facepalm* I should have known, since he's the one who's most subject to change - the type and identity of the Guardian will "depend on our actions", as you like saying. ;)

As for the assault on Mt. Providence, I agree with Tort's idea. However, I think there should be two Resistance groups of humons trying to get the Plate - one fighting their way to it, the other using stealth. That way, their chances have doubled.

May I ask, though, that this battle be saved for later? As the uncollected Plates become fewer and fewer, I think getting them should become ever more difficult.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:09 pm
Robusto says...

Don't worry, the Rock Type plate won't happen for a while. And @TheSilverFox, I'm sorry I forgot to tag you.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:23 pm
Ventomology says...

Either way is cool with me, Robusto. Though if anyone writes a debate scene, Flurry will side with the stealth approach.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter you're welcome!
...oh. Hmm. Well the closest thing I watch to these kinds of series is Cased Closed, or Detective Conan, as it's the original name. I stopped watching these kind of series after Cold Case. Not that I dislike them, but I just needed a change of air.
Ybat aside, since Robusto gave us a choice, I assumed we wouldn't be able to choose both, but yeah, in a debate scene, Twinkiel would totally go with his plan to cover a stealth group.
@Buggiedude2340 Especially when Flurry ebolves.
But I'm glad the whole rock plate thing won't happen before a while. It still seems thrilling, though.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:46 pm
BrumalHunter says...

While @Lumi may be the creator of our greatest competition, he is also the one who publishes the SB Newsletter - it's like the Squills of SBs.
~ Storybook Newsletter

Read it, you should.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:34 pm
Omni says...

Hey guys! I'm here on behalf of the SB Newsletter (coincidence, Astral, complete coincidence :P) for the Captain's Challenge in February.

Your challenge this month, should you choose to accept, is to make at least five posts in a single storybook not owned by yourself by the end of February. This will win you five credits. The posts must be a mimimum of 250 words.

Some of you are extremely close! The deadline for this is March 1st so if you get in five posts in this by that time, you completed the Captain's Challenge!

For reference, here's the total points right now:

Spoiler! :
BuggieDude2340 - II
TheSilverFox - IIII
Tortwag - III
15253 - III
Verser - III
Charizard821 - I
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

40 Reviews

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wha... I was unaware of this challenge :O We're the 28th, too, and 23:53 my time. Darn it. Even if my Hoopa post had been ready, it would've only got me to 4 posts. Looks like I lose this one.
@AstralHunter oh I check from time to time, personally. 'tis a great way to discover interesting storybooks.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:04 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Robusto, it's no problem. I knew it was an accident anyways. The only reason that I didn't post my verdict on the stealth/assault decision was because I didn't have enough time. XD. That, and this afternoon will probably live on in me as the time I kept fumbling over schoolwork out of laziness and tiredness. :P.

@AstralHunter: I'm actually using Word software to write out this large composition of mine for the SB. Right now, it's at 5,106 words, and I plan on writing the final sections and submitting it by the end of the day. Thank goodness I reserve a chunk of Friday as my writing time. :D Oh, and I will not be breaking it up this time. That's not my intent, though I have included some lines that help to divide the work up into three pieces. They will all be submitted as one chunk. After all, I saw one of your most intense and longest posts, and I was amazed at how much effort you had put into it. I am striving to do something similar, because I admire how excellently you combine both quality and quantity in your works. :D.

I remember the days I used to break up my works. Back then, it was only because I couldn't fit the whole thing into a big enough space. XD. Hmm, I still have the Word Document folders for some of my favorites...

Oh, and it seems quite ironic that I've already done 4 posts this month. :P. I just need to edit, compose, and establish the final part and display the entire thing as one final post for the month. What are these credits? What can I do with them? They certainly sound worthwhile.

And yes, I've gone full circle because now I want to talk about our plans with Mt. Providence. I agree with everyone else. It would be best to gather forces and make a large assault on Mt. Providence, while a small group of the main characters stealthily work their way through the New Order's base. The battle will have distracted enough forces to potentially allow our characters to achieve the Stone Plate with reasonable resistance. And, supposing we'll run into Alek, that will complicate things all the more (*coughcoughhintcoughcough*). That's my opinion, but if anyone wrote a debate, Aegeas would definitely support the stealth idea. He does not enjoy any engagement between large armies, and he does not have a likeness for war, though he will fight if he has to.

Well, that's about all I have to say. See you around! I'll relax for a few more minutes and start writing. I'm up and ready to get 5 credits! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:02 am
Poopsie says...

....one problem with the stealth idea. I have a huge psychic web that detects presences (As I demonstrated in the post where Frost was kidnapped at the palace of waves...I think that's the name). So someone will have to either counteract my web, immediately alerting themselves to me, or take me out, alerting everyone else to your presence, probably not a good idea. Or maybe if you guys can think of something that will get you past without me noticing... idk, pick your poison >:3
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knowledge is power.
— Francis Bacon