z

Young Writers Society

Family Matters, the DT

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:16 pm
queerelves says...

We decided this takes place in the US, right? If so we should probably decide which state, because that would likely change laws and what people are like.

I imagined it somewhere fairly conservative (though maybe not), but it'd have to be somewhere where LGBT couples are allowed to adopt (and marry, assuming Marty and Lyle are legally married).
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:17 pm
View Likes
CowLogic says...

Or it could take a fictional state or a place in the near future in a state that would presumably allow the marriages by that point. Otherwise, it would also have to be a state that has legalized LGBT marriage and adoption at least 15-20 years ago.

For some reason, I imagined this to take place in the midwest.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

60 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:40 pm
queerelves says...

I imagined midwest, too, though I'm not sure why. If we did pick a specific state, we could do somewhere like Indiana or Illinois, but we could also just say the midwest and leave it at that.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:28 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm against picking an actual state. There's no need to go into specifics on the laws, and picking a state might have people go into technical stuff that clouds up the actual story.

I'd rather go and pick a fictional state in the fictional present. We can make up the rest as we go along.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

60 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:33 pm
View Likes
queerelves says...

Ah, yeah, true. If we don't pick a state we can make things up as we like, and we won't have to stick to the confines of something real. Also, since not everyone's from the US not everyone will know much about the different states.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:32 pm
Alvarin says...

queerelves wrote:Also, since not everyone's from the US not everyone will know much about the different states.
No specific state for that very reason, thank you xD
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

60 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:37 pm
queerelves says...

Alvarin wrote:
queerelves wrote:Also, since not everyone's from the US not everyone will know much about the different states.
No specific state for that very reason, thank you xD

Well clearly Sweden needs to teach everyone the logistics of every American state :wink:

(Even though I don't think most of us can even name all of the states xD)

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:08 am
Skydreamer says...

Great post @AriaAdams, but I am weirdly OCD-ing about the inconsistency of Lucy being with Lacy when she comes in with the groceries. Lacy went to pick up Ellie from school right after the shopping trip and there was no mention of Lucy coming with her to the shopping trip. It's such a small thing so I'm sorry, but it still bothers me. xP

*edit* I can make it work, my post is coming soon! I loved the post btw. It was great!

*extra edit* I'm sorry guys, believe me when I said I was writing it, because I was. But unfortunately I am somehow not in a writing mood these days and I can't seem to write it properly. I really wanted to commit to this SB mainly because I didn't want to disappoint anyone, but also because I didn't want to disappoint myself. (Woah, big time honesty there.) Anyways, I'm taking a break from YWS for the month, which means I won't be posting. That means Lacy will be sitting unwritten for, and I think that qualifies me as out of the SB. :( This was fun though!
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:55 pm
Elinor says...

Aw @Skydreamer, we'll miss you! Best of luck though. x

Sorry I've been awol guys. Since I've already posted twice I'll give more of you an opportunity to post, but I'm totally down to RP a dinner scene. Just let me know when, and I should be around.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:01 pm
CowLogic says...

I gotta post soon. But first I gotta read other people's posts. Cool beans.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:04 pm
ExOmelas says...

I'd also be up for RPing the dinner scene, but the whole reason I suggested Lucy be there was that it would mean some of the older people would try to restrain themselves, which would create tension. That means she probably won't be understanding much, let alone saying anything :P

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

60 Reviews

Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:13 pm
queerelves says...

What day/time would work for you guys if we plan on RPing the dinner scene?

I'll be here all of today, after school tomorrow (though I can pop in occasionally on my phone), and after school Tuesday with the exception of between 7:00 and 10:00 PM (EST).

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:18 pm
ExOmelas says...

I'm GMT so I'm 5 hours ahead of you plus my exams are just about to start so actually I probably wouldn't be able to RP at all.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:35 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

For @Alvarin, some Fairy World fodder for Henry

http://the-soul-eater-alchemist.tumblr. ... -know-what
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:50 am
Alvarin says...

Ooh, that's gorgeous :3
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle