Young Writers Society

The Wilderness of Machafuko(Chaos), DT

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:09 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

@AstralHunter

Yes, indeed. Find me in chat.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:57 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Whoo, that was quite excellent, @AstralHunter! Quite excellent indeed! That was a whole novel right there: different conflicts and settings and characters, all of which were plentiful! I loved that collection of increasingly difficult riddles, and the clever thought processes of Thomas (which can only sprout from the brain of a very clever writer). And Ren is back! I had no idea that charcoal monster I initially created would be resurrected. xD

That was your best yet, Hunter! It was a pleasure to read, even if it took me the good part of an hour.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:19 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

While I did edit the riddles so that each of them would be longer than the previous and that each pair have an additional clue, the credit for their creation must go to the authors of "101 Ways to Improve your Memory" published by Reader's Digest. But the thought processes were original, so I am glad you enjoyed that part. :D

Also, several months ago, I just randomly came up with the idea of resurrecting Ren. Kaliska's description of him and Helle's interactions with him made me wish he was still in the story, so then I consulted with Wanderer and got his approval. (Of course, there was much sighing and facepalming from his side. :P)

But finally, I am delighted you enjoyed that monster of a post! I suppose the only thing that really matters to a writer is that their work is appreciated. :)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:30 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

....astral. You gotta write more riddles o-o

Wolfie is right, that post was both a novel and pretty awesome. Keep making v this stuff XD
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:13 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I shall try my best, though you won't see anything of that length again soon.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

212 Reviews

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:05 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

@TheClockworkConjurer
I'd like to talk to you before posting.
Find me?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:04 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Sorry that took so long, but I posted...
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:53 pm
StupidSoup says...

Who's next? I could do something but I don't exactly know what Spirite is planning
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:44 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@15253, you'll have to man the Exile Fort on your own until she returns in December...

Unless I absolutely have to, I'm not going to post for the next two weeks. Exams aren't the problem – the ton of papers that want me to work them out are. ':(

PS: That was a fabulous post, Wanderer! Just two tiny details – the city is Calliptra, while the deity is Callypsis. Calypso is also a deity, but I believe she hails from Pirates of the Caribbean... ;)

When anyone gets confused with the names – and I fully expect it to continue happening for some time still – just see the last post on the DT's first page. All the names are there.
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:38 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Calypso is, originally, from Greek mythology. It's also a John Denver song (<3) and, of course, a Pirates character. ;)

Wonderful post, Conjurer! I liked all the eavesdropping and gargoyle-transforming stuff going on.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

62 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:29 am
View Likes

Thanks! I'm actually planning for the gargoyle girl to either team up with the Viper (aka Abel) or the Wildershade, but I think the former is more likely...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:45 am

Okay guys!! I don't know who wants to go next, but I'm tagging you all just to wake everyone up!

Spoiler! :
@AstralHunter @Rydia @SpiritedWolfe @Wolfie36 @15253 @QueenofHearts
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

212 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:59 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

I probably won't be /next/, but I shall post soon.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:09 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

//pokes life into SB

Would anyone care if I did an Xavier thing in the Wilderness now? >.>(Also prods numbers, @15253, and @AstralHunter.)

How is the alliance between the Exiles and the Callitrix going to work? Are they going to magically stumble upon one another while they're wandering around. Do they have a plan? Because Xavier sure doesn't and he's just kinda shooting in the dark at this moment xD
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:19 am
View Likes

Well, the adventurers' party will have to flee the Observatory through a secret tunnel system to escape Abel's hunting party, and possibly exit in the Crocodile Gorge, which is an area where the Ghost River is extremely rapid, and is also close to the Monkey Falls...

Obviously the Diamond won't be here, butthis will bring Jeremiah's party very close to the Callitrix party. Abel will most likely encounter the Xavier's party if he moves south from the Cobra Mountains and Abel moves north from the Observatory. So eventually one of the two parties from the Empire (Abel or Jeremiah) will stumble across either the Exiles and Callitrix... How they react to one another you will have top discuss with the other party's members in here or in chat...

But eventually I want all four groups to be more or less together (albeit in conflict or whatnot) when they find the Devil's Diamond... I have some plans I still want to discuss here about what will mot likely happen when they find the Diamond.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster