Young Writers Society

The Borderlands DT

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:08 am
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Discuss and plot here.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:46 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

*oh hi, later I shall claim a soldier*
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:18 pm
r4p17 says...

Okay, so I might be interested in joining, but I am a little unclear as to whether this band that we are with is fight for Remauk (or however you spell that) or the other country. Or do we all have different goals and we are going to end up fighting each other to achieve them? :P
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

212 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

@r4p17

Different goals.

For example: the spy doesn't fight for Remauk, obviously
Captain's son doesn't fight for the queen-
Princess doesn't fight for the captain.

The SB is basically to see if a group of people with divided loyalties can come together to achieve one goal.

See? :)

212 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:49 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

@lostthought

And a soldier is yours!

See if you can get Rae to join, yes? I've been dying to be in an SB with the both of you.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:02 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

No need to link me, I'm already subscribed. I'll try to 'bribe' Raven to join.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

179 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:07 pm
r4p17 says...

I'll take the Sin'hin spy. *rubs fingers together* I'm gonna try to get my profile up by Sunday or Monday. I happen to almost be done with my NaNo novel so I should have a little extra time at some point to do it.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

212 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:32 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Okay :)

And thanks lostie.

212 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:46 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

All of the spots are taken! :D

I look forward to seeing those profiles.

*death glare* :)

179 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:21 pm
r4p17 says...

I am going to work on mine this afternoon. Yesterday I was grounded for part of the day so I wasn't able to do much on my profile.

179 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:45 pm
r4p17 says...

What happened to the gangster lord? He was going to be a key player to Renfrew (my character). At the very least I would like for him to be an NPC.

212 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:40 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

That's fine. I just felt as though he was sort of unrelated to the rest of them.

i.e. al of them have sides in the war- he's just... there. But if you want him as an NPC, please, have him.

179 Reviews

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:43 pm
r4p17 says...

@Aurora99 thank you. Ren is going to try to use the gangster lord to stir up trouble as I have now included in my profile.

I think that it would be a good idea to have a good idea of where we are going. From my understanding all the events will be taking place over two weeks. If half of this will be taken up with travel then that means that we only have about a week for each of the characters to carry out their plan.

One problem that I can see might form is that we will just end up breezing over the first half of that time. If we want to make it interesting we will probably need to have dialogue between the characters that will set trh stage for what is going to happen.

Another concern of mine is the small amount of characters. It seems that we will need some NPC's to give the storybook a little flavor. For one thing Ren will need officials to take out. Your character, Aurora, will need to have people to back up her claim to the crown, and lost will need officers above, or below, depending on his rank. I think that we should at least try to make these characters half way realistic, so I think that we should start discussing that in the DT before we start so that we will be able to deal with it without too much difficulty.

I don't mean to change the course of the storbook, but it seems like there are a few things we might want to take into consideration.

212 Reviews

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:45 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

Have as many NPC's as you want.
I just figured that since each person was the 'center' of their own little world, it would make more sense for them to manipulate the others as they want.
I didn't want people playing the queen and the captain because that gives them too much power.

As for the spending time together part- all of them only have to say a few words or show their face- even your character only needs to send a message back to your king with some information. I think it'll take them the better part of two weeks to journey to the capitol, minimum.

So yes, we (hopefully) won't brush over that, since I find it interesting. :)

So they need to get to the capitol in two weeks. It can take months from there... if need be.

179 Reviews

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:18 am
r4p17 says...

Ooh! I was confused!

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson