z

Young Writers Society

The Labyrinth DT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:45 am
Rydia says...

They are 6 feet tall and very spiky so it's very unlikely. As the shapeshifter, you may be able to manage it depending on what animal you choose (something small enough for the spikes to not be a problem could do it in several hours or something really agile and tough could attempt it) but it's going to be an impossibility for most of the group.

6 feet is 3.5-4.5 times the height of an average human so it's a long way to climb with spikes digging into your hands. The vampire will be staying well back so he doesn't get staked by accident. Maybe the werewolf could do it - they have a thick hide.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:46 am
Rydia says...

I should add that going under or through is more likely - something little like a frog or a mouse could do that in less than an hour.
Writing Gooder

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:56 am
crossroads says...

I have a question too! Can the Stranger's staff protect them just from obvious potential evils (like a vampire or those mosqitos), or from whatever Stranger thinks is evil (so like if they're freaked out by bread rolls the barrier would keep those out too), or from anyone/thing with evil intentions (including humans, even if they're acting nice)?
Or more than one/all of the options?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:11 am
Burrow says...

Could I please be the Hunter?? not that's there is much choice, also is this like some kind of maze runner harry potter mix because I love it!!
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:15 pm
Rydia says...

I have a question too! Can the Stranger's staff protect them just from obvious potential evils (like a vampire or those mosqitos), or from whatever Stranger thinks is evil (so like if they're freaked out by bread rolls the barrier would keep those out too), or from anyone/thing with evil intentions (including humans, even if they're acting nice)?
Or more than one/all of the options?

Hi, it protects from obvious evil so the vampire for sure, the werewolf but only when in werewolf form. No protection from scary bread rolls I'm afraid!

@jackm1999 Of course you can! And I've not read Maze Runner, but I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so that definitely could have influenced me, but also Hunger Games a little with the different danger zones :)
Writing Gooder

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:57 pm
Burrow says...

thanks!! to i pick a name or do i get one??
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:02 pm
Rydia says...

You can pick a name :)
Writing Gooder

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:28 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Could a snake go under? Or over... snakes can climb and the thorns don't bother them.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

212 Reviews

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:38 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

Adding another question. I hope you meant six metres talk, not six feet, fiearly. Second, a jaguar can jump up to 5.5 metres, so... Tish can do that, yeah?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:37 am
Rydia says...

Definitely 6 metres tall and she can jump that high and maybe then claw her way over but it's going to be painful so not something she'll want to do a lot.

The snake would be able to go under but not over - the spikes are generally closer together at the top of spiky hedges so it would be hard to find a smooth path between them (unless we're talking a miniature garden snake here?). There's usually more space at the bottom though.
Writing Gooder

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:10 am
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

@Rydia, can I just say awesome this looks? It has lots of potential! Shame I don't have the time.
Just wanted to say how clever it is :3
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

212 Reviews

Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:40 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

Kay, thanks.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:32 pm
Rydia says...

Thanks @IamTraunt! If it goes well, maybe I'll run something similar afterwards. Or if your time frees up next month and we have a drop out or two, I'll open those spaces back up :)
Writing Gooder

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:07 pm
Rydia says...

The first post will be going up tomorrow so make sure you're subscribed to the main storybook! Don't worry though, there's still plenty of time to get your profiles in this week and next :)
Writing Gooder

212 Reviews

Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:31 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

I know we haven't actually started yet, and most people don't have their profiles up, but does anyone have a character that would carry Tish's pack in exchange for... something? :). I can't think of a good bargaining tool right now, but if anyone has suggestions... perhaps the machete?

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee