z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep DT

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 pm
NicoleBri says...

@GuyFieri I hope everything is okay for you. My grandfather passed away this past Monday so my week hasn't been the best either. Things will heal in time!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:36 pm
AlmondEyes says...

So we actually will be doing posts with our former characters from HH? Just wanna make sure i'm getting this right.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:10 pm
Ciblio says...

Yeah, Almond.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

46 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:05 am
NicoleBri says...

Why isn't anyone else posting anymore?

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:26 am
Nike says...

Y'all posting?
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:41 pm
Gravity says...

I posted so...
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

271 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

@GuyFieri yeah I mentioned in my post for Jules that exams were in a few weeks. Also, I loved your post! I'm not sure what's going on with you right now but your post was really really good, one of the best you've done so far with Adrian. I love that Jessie considers him like a father to Isaac. The feels! I'm gonna post for Adrian soon

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:41 pm
AlmondEyes says...

I'll be posting later today, @Nike and @Gravity.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

271 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:35 am
Gravity says...

posted for Jules, sorry it's a bit long! I'm going to post for Cole tomorrow and then maybe Adrian.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:35 pm
Ciblio says...

I'm so sorry! I've been so distracted, plus I started my job, so I've lost track of time. Anyways, I have more than half of her post done, so I'll get that done before things start riling back up.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:31 pm
Gravity says...

Snow? @Nike it's springtime, almost exams XD

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:28 pm
TheSilverFox says...

EbonyGinger wrote:This is great! Couple of pointers:
1. Is this the start of a new story?
2. If it is, we could do with a little backdrop on the main character.
3. Or will that come later in the book?

Gravity wrote:@EbonyGinger

This is a storybook that has been going on for almost a year now. It would be appreciated if you could remove your comment so we can continue with our story :) PM me if you have any questions

@Gravity, @EbonyGinger:

(The following comments are largely addressed to the latter of you two save for the first paragraph; when I say latter, I mean you, EbonyGinger): I have deleted both of your posts from the Lincoln Wood Private College Prep SB (Storybook) and transported them into the Storybook's Discussion Thread, otherwise known as the DT. I have done this because, quite typically, in an SB's posts, we try to only post the stories pertaining to the SB within the said posts, rather than comments associated with those stories, like compliments and so forth. Those said compliments, which, if posted in an SB, can interrupt the flow of the series of stories in an SB and provide an unnecessary interruption for those attempting to read through an SB's posts, are more appropriate for a SB's DT, such as this one. Nonetheless, I perfectly understand what happened, given that you're new and inexperienced, Ebony, and this post is largely just a reminder of why it isn't appropriate to do something like that, as well as provide some advice to advise you against repeating your unintentional mishap again in the future.

Anyways, I noticed that you're a new user, EbonyGinger. Welcome to the site! You can find out a lot of helpful tips pertaining to the Storybooks through this link: Storybook Rules & Resources, not to mention a super helpful link that can help you with the general mechanics and behavior of the site: FAQ for New Users. If, after having read through these links, you have any further questions or confusions pertaining to the site and how it works, please feel free to either contact me or any of the other moderators (the ones in the green usernames), and we'll be more than happy to answer your questions. :D

May you have a great time on this site! :D

P.S.: It seems that you have banned me from your profile. While, as a moderator, being blocked has absolutely no effect on my ability to view a person's profile, I'd just like to know: Why'd you do it?
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:46 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Hey! I'm really excited to be apart of this SB again! I know last time I tried it wasn't really a good time considering it was prom season. Anyways with my new characters I wanted to bring something kind of different to the table. So if you have a chance and want to check out the CP's there names are Brooke and Noah. I know new people in a long running Sb can be hard, but I intend to catch up and know what I need to know before I truly enter the story. I hope you'll allow me into this amazing world. Btw I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas too! Also, would anyone be willing to help me catch up on my knowledge of things I need to know before I get into it? Personal to your specific character, or something that goes towards the whole story. I read all the cp's but I don't like to assume that's the whole story. Just let me know! Again I'm really excited, and hopefully you guys will accept me!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

271 Reviews

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:58 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

In the beginning, there was light! And there was lincoln wood!

I'm only going to cover active characters now, and only the ones I know about. Lets start with Rupert, Jessie, Hunter, Colette, Dafnie, Hawthorne, Merrick, Isabelle, April and Collin.

Colette was an exchange student staying with her host parents, trying to get rid of her French culture. Really cute, wore her hair in a ponytail and wore big glasses. French accent, all that. She ran into Collin (literally) and the two made eyes at each other for a little bit until Collin realized he was into Isabelle. Rupert was a player but Jessie had been in love with him for years. She was a virgin, except she was anything but innocent. Merrick was a tough guy, kinda mysterious. April wasn't really there a whole lot, Hawthorne was beautiful and quiet and Hunter was this strong guy in band who liked drums. Collin was the theater kid. Dafnie and Paul were besties but Paul loved Dafnie and Dafnie didn't return his feelings.

Anyway, Collin got into Isabelle and there was this huge party at Rupert's. Rupert tried to take advantage of Thorne but doesn't, Philip, his friend, is kinda irrelevant. Merrick is still big and mysterious and Dafnie is trying to escape her party girl past. Colette crashes the party and sees Collin briefly, that's their last interaction. Hunter makes out with Jessie and Cole (Colette) sees and gets made at him, runs away.

At school later on Hunter and Colette finally get together, he apologizes for his drunk makeout with Jessie. Colette then slams Rupert against the lockers and takes him by surprise for messing with Thorne, totally hilarious.

Later on (I'm forgetting lots of details)

Collin and Isabelle don't work out, Collin meets this girl Adah and they're together but both authors have fallen off the map, essentially. Colette gets into this car accident which leaves half her body paralyzed, Hunter's author becomes inactive and they break up. Dafnie and Thorne take care of Cole (mostly Dafnie) and Thorne and Merrick currently have a thing going. Rupert takes Jessie's virginity and she gets pregnant without knowing and gets in a car accident. She loses one of the babies, it was twins apparently. Isabelle moves in with Jessie and goes out with Paul. Turns out, Philip, Rupert's bestie is actually the person who took Jessie's V-card and got her preggo.

Rupert starts hanging out with Colette after a hospital scare (she overdoses on pain pills) and helps her do her art, even with one side of her body. Dafnie realizes she's in love with Paul but he's with Isabelle. Colette flees to France after a falling out with Rupert because there's a doctor there who can do surgery on her to fix her, or so they think. Jessie goes there too to help parents with work. This is where Adrian comes in. He works as a chef in the hotel his Dad owns which is where Jessie is having dinner, they meet and talk and have a great night, they don't see each other again. Turns out, Adrian is Cole's cousin and is letting Cole stay with her during the surgery.

Rupert wises up and goes to see Cole in France for her surgery (there's a big chance she could end up paralyzed completely or dead) with help from Dafnie. Cole gets her surgery, is able to walk with crutches, Adrian, Rupert and Cole fly home after Cole loses her virginity to Rupert. Then Jessie flies home, 7 months preggo. Adrian figures out he and Jessie go to the same school, they meet up and start dating.

Prom roles around. Hawthorne, Dafnie and Colette go in a group with Rupert. Philip goes with Rupert's ex, there's drama there. Isabelle and Paul go together. Dafnie doesn't tell Izzy she loves Paul because it's too complicated. Hawthorne and Rupert are prom king and queen, Hawthorne gets eaten out in the back of a limo by Merrick (it was wild!) Adrian shows up with Jessie which makes Cole mad. She hates Jessie because Jessie wanted Rupert and tried to sabotage Cole and Rup's relationship.

Cole and Rupert leave, they have sex. Everybody goes home, it's been a fun night.

A few days later, Jessie has her baby, Adrian and pretty much everybody is there except Rupert and Cole. They aren't together though. Adrian, Isabelle and Jessie's Dad are in the room with Jessie while she is in labor, Adrian trades places with Dafnie for a minute and tells Philip off because Phil is a party boy and hasn't really been there at all for Jessie. Philip regrets not being there but Jessie doesn't put his name on the birth certificate. The baby is a boy and is named Isaac Aidan Michael Gates (Isaac Michael Aidan Gates?) after Isabelle, Adrian and Jessie's Dad.

Meanwhile, while Jessie is in labor, Colette gets raped by her host father. She pushes Rupert away and they get into a bunch of fights and break up. Adrian becomes the understood father to Isaac, Isabelle is chosen to be godmother. Dafnie flees to England after the baby is born. April kinda comes back (Isabelle's best friend) who reveals she's been in love with Izzy the whole time (after she gets into a car accident) and it's too painful for her to see Izzy with Paul so April ices her out.

Then we introduce Juliette Santos (Jules) who shows up the Monday after Jessie has her baby, the day of the baby shower. Most of the people aren't at school that day because they're at the baby shower. This is also when James is introduced and he and Jules become super good friends. Jules is put in April's Spanish class who isn't in class because she's had a car accident. Jules meets April at a charity function at April's hospital and they become good friends after realizing they go to the same school and are in the same Spanish class. If you've read Jules' profile you know her background in Spain and she speaks the language fluently.

Colette tells Thorne she was raped by her host Dad. Later she gets raped once again and finally comes clean to Rupert about what's been going on. Rupert takes Cole to the hospital to get a rape kit done and to make a statement with the police, she stays with Rupert to be kept safe. Rupert calls Dafnie to tell her what's happened to Cole and Dafnie comes home on a flight right away to help. Thorne who has known all along but promised Cole to keep the secret and is being abused by her grandmother is helping everybody by telling them what Cole needs and how to be around her after her abuse.

Jessie's Mom isn't around rn and her Dad had to go out of town, she's staying with Adrian along with Isaac. But now Colette's parents are coming to town to help press charges and Cole needs a place to stay because she hates her parents. This should spark drama between her and Jessie but also help them get along which is what Adrian's character was intended to do all along: bridge the gap between Cole and Jessie.

Jules invited James and April to observation week (to watch her dance classes) and ended up going on dates with them separately. Only with April she didn't know April liked her, they end up having a drunk makeout session leaving Jules totally confused. James has no idea but Jules is acting weird around him. Not sure what's up with Isabelle, Dafnie, Paul triangle but I think April has hesitantly agreed to try to become friends with Izzy since she's slowly getting over her. Rupert and Cole are together happily, Jessie and Adrian are as well and Jessie has begun to call Adrian the father officially while giving Philip limited visitation. Hawthorne is kinda the glue holding Rupert, Dafnie and Cole together after her rape. Collin and Adah have been off the radar for a while but they're tentatively dating.

Paul and Izzy broke up at some point. Philip got beat up really badly and put in the hospital. Izzy went to see Philip and they are falling for each other but worried about Jessie's approval.

That pretty much sums it up. I think I included everybody's characters, I may have left out some things especially with the Dafnie, Paul, Isabelle stuff. If I've left anything out, feel free to comment and let me know!

@HazelGrace16

46 Reviews

Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:34 am
NicoleBri says...

I'm in the midst of making a post for Isabelle. :) be patient. I really love this SB and I hope it will not start to die.... :(

- Ayn Rand

snacks are relevant to every situation and your argument is invalid
— LemonTheDorkyPanda