z

Young Writers Society

Lincoln Wood Private College Prep DT

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat May 02, 2015 2:23 am
Ciblio says...

Oh. I've been on my phone all day, @AlmondEyes.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu May 07, 2015 11:28 pm
Nike says...

I haven't been posting, sorry. Been caught up with raising a puppy and a whole bunch of hours at work.

@AlmondEyes I wanted Merrick to comfort Rupert.

Anyway, I should post soon. But you guys post first because I don't know what yet.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri May 08, 2015 12:36 am
AlmondEyes says...

@Nike, I don't really know how to comfort, and neither does Merrick xD Why didn't you say anything or talk to me before you put him in the post? We could have worked something out.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

267 Reviews

Sat May 09, 2015 3:44 am
Nike says...

I'll remove him from the post and from Rupert's life @AlmondEyes

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't understand you. This is a Storybook. We all make characters in which we use these characters to interact with other characters. And if we can't use each others' characters, than there is something wrong.

If Merrick is supposedly Rupert's friend, he would want to comfort him when he's sad, no? You don't comfort your friends when they are sad? You said you don't know how to comfort people.

All he has to do is hang with him like 'Oh! You're alive! Good to know! Wanna hang?'

It's not that hard.

I said before. We need our characters to work together and we all need to work together to expand our characters. Because if we keep them in that bubble we've created for them, they won't become better, bigger.

I've put in my two cents.

43 Reviews

Sat May 09, 2015 3:50 am
AlmondEyes says...

And that's fine, @Nike. There's no reason for you to snap at me or remove Merrick from your post. I just asked a simple question.

43 Reviews

Sat May 09, 2015 4:04 am
AlmondEyes says...

I'm gonna try to do a post for Thorne, you guys! Keep your fingers crossed!! Did anyone want me to put their character in the post or do anything specific? It might take me a while to get the creative juices flowing, so if you do, then just let me know so I can work your character in.

67 Reviews

Sat May 09, 2015 5:32 pm
Ciblio says...

Didn't we just have a huge argument because Gravity used my character without permission? You're the one who said we had to talk to the owner of the character before using it, but now you're going back on your word, @Nike? I don't understand..

previously:
GuyFieri

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sun May 10, 2015 12:44 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

Guys. Merrick comforting Rupert is not that big a deal. Nike was right. Merrick is a good guy and didn't strike me as the kind of guy to let their friends wallow in pain when their girlfriends (sort of) fly across the world without telling them first.

Also, it's not like Nike used Merrick in a way that was innapropriate the way I did with Jessie. Almond, you got all up in Nike's grill for using Merrick and then when she removed him from the post, that didn't make you happy either. In future circumstances, you need to tell the other party what you want to be done. And if you didn't want anything to be done about it, why mention anything at all?

Personally, I think that since we are writing online and have the understanding that this is a STORYBOOK, other characters will be used in other people's posts for little things, otherwise no one would ever become friends. We are all mature users of the internet here, I think we can all get along without throwing tantrums unless a major discretion has occured with another character, such as me using Jessie.

I think if anybody has any issues with their character being used for ANYTHING AT ALL without your consent, speak now or forever hold your piece. As for me, use Cole or Adrian (once I introduce him) however you like once they get back from France. As long as you don't do anything that would change their character personalities (again as I did with Jessie) I don't really care. Oh, and don't interrupt major relationships. Like don't have Adrian or Cole date your character or become arch enemies or besties without my permission. Other than that, do whatever.

Oh and Almond, please don't take what I said the wrong way or think I'm being judgemental. I'm simply making suggestions for ways to handle these situations better.

I know what it's like to feel attacked and caged in because of something like this. It's not fun. So this goes out to all the people in the storybook. Can we be a little nicer when stuff like this happens? XD people make mistakes. Storybooks are fun, not stressful. So let's keep it fun, yeah?
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

43 Reviews

Sun May 10, 2015 9:21 pm
AlmondEyes says...

I'm honestly lost now. All i did was ask why Nike didn't talk to me first. I wasn't mad about the post or anything. Have I done something wrong? :/

67 Reviews

Sun May 10, 2015 9:29 pm
Ciblio says...

No, you didn't do anything wrong, Almond. I think this was just blown out of proportions. But oh well, y'know? Let's just get on with this.

previously:
GuyFieri

67 Reviews

Tue May 12, 2015 11:29 pm
Ciblio says...

@Sunshine THAT WAS SO ADORABLE AND OMGOMGOMG THEY'RE SO CUTE AND STUFF AND AWH AWH AWH AWHHH

previously:
GuyFieri

267 Reviews

Sat May 16, 2015 1:21 am
Nike says...

Alright. Let me get this straight. ALL OF US or most of us are too attached to our characters. Alright? This is a Storybook, in a Storybook people experiment with each others' characters. That's the fun in it, no?

I am not backing out on my word. Not at all. Because my post with Merrick in it didn't ruin the character, change anything about him, it was just him texting Rupert TWO WORDS. I don't think I need consent for that honestly. It was just a text, a few words of Merrick in my post.

We need to ask the writer if we can use their character if they are a big part of the post, not if they are just there for two seconds.

I just don't understand why some of us are okay with having our characters be played with other writers while others are all 'NO! Don't touch the character!'

This is a Storybook guys! We are here to have fun. We are here to forget our lives all fall into theirs.

43 Reviews

Sat May 16, 2015 3:39 am
AlmondEyes says...

Is it still the same day? I wanna do a post for Merrick since it's been a while.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sat May 16, 2015 3:40 am
Gravity says...

yup
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

43 Reviews

Sat May 16, 2015 3:47 am
AlmondEyes says...

Alright. It's been so long since I've done a post for him, i'm honestly not sure where to start.

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind