z

Young Writers Society

The Sons of Shadow DT

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:20 pm
r4p17 says...

Okay. Just one quick question what does GM mean.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:40 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Grand Master
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

179 Reviews

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:02 pm
r4p17 says...

Oh that makes sense. Just FYI I may not have my post in for about three day because my schedule is rather crowded so if anyone else wants to post ahead of me they can as long as it is fine with the wizard.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

62 Reviews

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:59 pm

It's fine by me. Please, those people who haven't sent in their character descriptions, do so ASAP. Thanks
Spoiler! :
@KatyaElefant @methrirr123
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:25 pm
AdmiralKat says...

I've looked over this a second time and realized it wasn't my thing and I don't have time so I must leave it. *so early* I'm so sorry! 0-0
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

62 Reviews

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:27 pm
View Likes

@r4p17, I am sending this post in connection with your first SB entry. I wanted to ask yo to please reevaluate your grammar and spelling. It was a brillliant post, but it was extremely difficult to read at some points. This is not meant to insult yoi, but merely to insure that the quality of your pieces are improved. Yours sincerely, The Wandering Wizard
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

179 Reviews

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:02 am
r4p17 says...

Do you mean when Edward speaks in Middle English?

62 Reviews

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:52 am
View Likes

No, that's fine, because it gives Edward identity. I mean your general grammar and spelling. In some instances your verbs need to be in past or continuous tense, and in other instances you repeat words (e.g. and and) directly after each other or you use the wrong pronouns (e.g. me instead of my, etc.). Sentence structure is also a little faulty in some places. Once again, it is a brillliant post and a good start to Edward's adventure, but it can be excellent if you correct these minor flaws. to @r4p17
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

179 Reviews

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:33 am
r4p17 says...

Okay, I will read through it and edit it.

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:45 pm
dragonthief1 says...

Whoa whoa guys. I wasn't being serious about killing him. Or was I? Muahahahaha!!!! Anyway, I could see a deep hatred between Nicolas and Edward. I was thinking @r4p17 that Edward would find out about Nicolas's family and kills his wife and sons. Then Nicolas kills someone close to Edward
A penny for your thoughts

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:12 pm
View Likes
Kanome says...

@r4p17 ..
I will consider joining this SB, since now I have free time on my hands.

I happen to know a little bit of Assassin's Creed, so it shouldn't be hard for me to post on this.

@TheWanderingWizard ..
I will submit my character in a few days.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

179 Reviews

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:39 pm
r4p17 says...

@TheWanderingWizard I have been reading into the Templars and assassins and I found that they were around during the crusades, but were abolished by the time of the Hundred Years' War. So what was your plan for the plot of this SB if we aren't modeling this after history and what is the point of the neutral characters?

62 Reviews

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:14 pm
View Likes

Ok, let's start at the very beginning. I presume that that you only looked up common knowledge of the Templars and Assassins, and not the AC version of history. Yes, we do follow the basic trend of history (like this happened on this date, she was executed on that date, etc), but we make up our own history (like a Templar caused that to happen, ab Assassin killed her in the guise of an execution, etc), so please understand, eventhough the "real" Templars and Assassins were abolished after the Crusades, our History is written differently.
As for the plot and so-called "neutral" characters, let me clarify this to everyone. Basucally, the Templar GM has this obsession with a place called the Pavilion, a hidden plave which (with the three "keys" present) can teleport anything (or one) anywheee in the world. That means that the English can for example teleport an entire army into the heart of Paris, etc. Unfortunately for the TGM, the Hundred Year War is making it difficult to find this place of Power. Thus he devises a plot which will cause England to win the HYW and thus insure that both France and Britaim are under Templar control (after all, the King of England is a Templar). But as usual in the AC series, the Assassins find out about the Templars' dubious plot and their hidden motives, and try to stop them.
The three "keys" of the Pavilion I mentioned earlier are three objects (naturally). A sword, a Piece of Eden (PE) and a stone tablet. You will probably have been able to work out that Charlesmagne's Sword is the sword. A PE is a ball (most of the time) which is able to influence the mind of any person against who it is used. It cannot be resisted (except by a lucky few). The stone tablet will be explained as the story goes on.
Neutral character are either important historical figures (like Joan of Arc) who play a key role in the HYW. The other Neutrals are characters who will play an important role in the quest for the Pavilion (like the Neutral who took the Sword before Edward.
I hope I have clarified any queries anyone had.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

179 Reviews

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:59 pm
r4p17 says...

Thanks! That helps a lot!

62 Reviews

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 pm
View Likes

To @methrirr123 and @Kanome, please send in your character profiles as soon as you get the time. I know how tough school or obligations can be.
@dragonthief1, please post your first piece as soon as you can. Note for your piece: Joan of Arc doesn't have C's Sword, yet, but she is suppose to get it later. Also, I would for the Assassins to finf one of the pieces of the map to sh
ow the whereabouts of the Pavilion. Whever you or another Assassin finds it, is entirely up to you guys, as well as where and how you find it.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury