z

Young Writers Society

High Fantasy DT

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:18 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

I have finished J&K's post, and I'm busy with Dominic's. When I have finished both, I shall submit them, and we can get the ball rolling again.

After my two posts, I think that either @NicoleBri or @AstralHunter can go, quickly followed by the other one. Preferably @AstralHunter can post first, because that will give Nicole more room to play. Anette can even enthrall a few orcs and goblins to fight beside her.

@r4p17 and @QueenAnne can then decide who should go next followed by the other. @r4p17, your post will mostly be about the final showdown between Renalf and Oqrol. Ask @AstralHunter for some new (and rather interesting...) spells we came up with, which will work splendidly in your battle (what spells you use and what not are naturally up to you)
@QueenAnne, the reason why your post would be suitable now is because at round about the same time as the RvsO battle, fae forces will appear. I just believe that a fae army would lead the way for the Queen (who, as you stated, appears in the Quill Chamber, but only LATER) Ulir can even have gotten some wild Jinopels to fight beside Caioliss, which would be a nice touch.

And now for you, @TakeThatYouFiend. The reason why I think you should post now and not earlier, is because of something you said. You said that you wanted Kevin to die in flaming glory (and trombone...), yet that he is a cowardly creature.
That had me thinking, what would be the best way to kill him off (sorry for my bluntness) Then I got it, what if he dies when he tries to save someone else's life (I mean,yes he is cowardly, but he seems like he cares for those dearest to him)
The life (technically lives) he saves is that of Dominic and Sarris. I believe that the Priestess of Deela and an army of Giants should arrive in your post, the Priestess naturally carrying Deela's Bow. Because of Deela's intense desire to have the Star and the Quill, the Priestess shoots a infernous (flaming) arrow at Dominic (naturally to kill him)
Kevin, who had been hiding beside Dominic and Sarris sees this arrow, and in a moment of intense caring and kindness, he jumps in front of the arrow, gets set alight, and slowly dies with peace/joy in his eyes (and somewhere on the battlefield someone was blowing on a war horn [I couldn't work in a trombone, sorry...])

I shall finalize the complete progress of events tonight and tomorrow, and most likely post it tomorrow (along with my two posts), to ensure that nobody is utterly confused.

Please PM if you are annoyed/irritated/etc with my suggestion of the progress and order of the direct posts after my posts, and I shall try and cater for your needs/desires.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:16 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Furthermore, I shall post an SB challenge for this storybook after this weekend. Yes, I know it is almost the end, but I think we should all complete at least one before the sequel.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:44 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

So, wait, am I posting last (as far as the fight scene goes?)
It's fine if I am, I'm just clarifying :D
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

62 Reviews

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:07 am
View Likes

@QueenAnne, this was just from the beginning to think the middle of the main battle, as far as one post per SBer again. The battle is still raging on after this, and then there's still the scene in the Chamber.
But yes, to stay in the sequence of events up until Kevin's death, either you or @r4p17 will go second last. (because both the arrival of the fae and RvsO happen at basically the same time, and both happen just before the Priestess' arrival and Kevin death scene)
I really hope I clarified the events for you...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

212 Reviews

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:47 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Yeah, you did. Thanks, love.

212 Reviews

Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:26 am
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Okay.
WAKE UP.
We should either finish this, or just start the sequel.
Because we've plotted to the end, and....
Eh.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:44 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Is it just me or are we just waiting for @TheWanderingWizard?
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

62 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:45 pm

I have finished my posts, yet I just have to edit them so @AstralHunter's challenge is incorporated into my post. I will wake up early tomorrow to finish it and then post it.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:02 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Ugh I'm ready to actually finish this SB.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

62 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:22 pm
View Likes

All good things come to those who wait, my dear SBers. Be patient, tis all there is to it.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:22 pm
View Likes

Everyone!! I have made the long awaited post!! The Battle has begun!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

212 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:28 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

YAY

293 Reviews

Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:18 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Your inclusion of the challenge in your post has been acknowledged, @TheWanderingWizard. I commend you for the excellent way in which you did so.

I shall only be able to submit my post next weekend though, so if you want to post so long, @NicoleBri, go ahead.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:51 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

I can't post til Monday. Sorry guys. I'm quite busy being that I don't have but four weeks of school left until I graduate.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:39 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

No worries, @NicoleBri. @TheWanderingWizard and I are both in our final years too, except our schoolyear begins and ends with the year, and not halfway through it.
— Paul the Apostle

Sometimes poetry is inspired by the conversation entered into by reading other poems.
— John Barton