z

Young Writers Society

Dragons Dt

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:21 am
Wolfi says...

@AstralHunter, I'm guessing she simply means an Asian dragon. But wow, very nice job on the summaries of the dragons! It will certainly come into good use, specifically when we need to describe the NPC dragons. I like the chosen personality traits for Ramur :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:09 pm
r4p17 says...

Yes, I'm still here. I've just been really busy with a bunch of things going on in my life.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:13 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@r4p17, I understand your worries. It felt like this was playing when I realised this school term will be the most gruelling thus far, and that it will only get worse as the year progresses:

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:56 am
View Likes
Cynder says...

Very nice @AstralHunter I agree with your analysis thus far. We should have someone mention the NPCs in their next post because so far Glamdor is there, but he's technically my creation and I don't want to steal all the creative bits. I'm a little selfish that way sometimes. XD Anyway, thanks for the summaries and I will study them as well. It should help me get a sense of where the other NPCs heads are, as I like to over-analyze things :D
Cynder Rosetail Draak

"Be able to say: I am what I want to be."

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:28 pm
Kelpies says...

How about magic dragon? Since that's what she works with...
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

293 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:40 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I don't think you get such a thing as a Magic Dragon, @Kelpies... Thus far, we have:

Earth Dragons
♦ the most common type
♦ there is no set appearance for the type - an individual can be blue, green, red, brown, etc.
♦ can be capable of flight, swimming, fire-breathing, or none of these with some other bizarre ability instead
♦ they are obviously the most diverse type, so with an Earth Dragon, it's like a roll of the dice to see what you'll get

Mountain Dragons
♦ the second most common type
♦ as with Earth Dragons, Mountain Dragons have no preset appearance
♦ capable of flight and sometimes fire-breathing, but since they're mostly land-based, they can't swim
♦ once again, like the Earth Dragons, these don't have any predictability when it comes to their nature

Water Dragon
♦ an uncommon dragon type
♦ they are typically long, slender, and webbed, so as to improve ease of movement in water
♦ can swim and should be capable of flight
♦ generally, they are charismatic, loquacious, curious, or all of these

Sky Dragon
♦ also uncommon
♦ sky dragons are usually large, impressive beasts
♦ they are capable of flight, swimming, and often also fire-breathing
♦ these are the dragons that feature prominently in human legends - their temperaments vary from tranquill and cheerful as a sunny day, or violent and foul-tempered as a thunderstorm

Ice Dragon
♦ rare
♦ no Ice Dragon has featured in the SB yet, but I assume their colouring is some sort of lighter blue, white, grey or silver (rarely black)
♦ flight, sometimes swimming, frost-breathing, frozen air expulsion
♦ typically, these dragons are reserved, but whether they are aloof and superior or optimistic and wise depends on the individual

Poison Dragon
♦ very rare
♦ since Cynder is the only example we have, we can only assume all of them are covered in venomous spikes
♦ flight, swimming, toxic gas expulsion (psychic abilities may or may not be a special case with Cynder)
♦ reserved and mysterious, I suppose

And, that's it. If there are other types of dragons, they have yet to be mentioned. Maybe the pearl is what makes Kirimbi seem like she doesn't fit the description of Water Dragon?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

223 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:00 pm
Kelpies says...

She fits the description, I just never thought about her that way. Another thing is... She can't really swim and almost drowned in the first few chapters.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

293 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I remember that now! Hmm...

@Cynder, do you have any other Dragon types in mind?
— Paul the Apostle

223 Reviews

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:09 pm
Kelpies says...

But if you guys all want her to be a water dragon, I have no problem with it!

293 Reviews

Wed May 20, 2015 9:50 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Wolfare1, @TheWanderingWizard, @Kelpies, and @r4p17, I have an exciting (and potentially frightening) announcement to make: this dragon will die soon!

Now, before you furiously start cooking me with your fiery breath, allow me to elaborate. @Cynder, @Wolfie36 and I have discussed this already, but I feel this storybook's lack of a definite plot, among other things, has been a hindrance from the very beginning. As such, we decided that we shall allow this SB to die, only to resurrect it in a new form eventually.

Now, as much as I would like to tell you more of this idea, it must remain a secret for now - my lips, as well as the lips of those who know, are sealed. However, I can share with you some of the things the new SB will have:
♦ a definite storyline
♦ more detailed lists, including, but not limited to, dragon types
♦ numerous new trials and challenges
♦ and most importantly, many new participants!

We look forward to seeing all of you again once the SB has been reincarnated. (Naturally, you will be tagged in the new SB's DT.)

Until then, farewell!
— Paul the Apostle

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I figured that this was about dead ;) I very much look forward to this new Storybook!
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

223 Reviews

Wed May 20, 2015 11:37 pm
Kelpies says...

I don't know whether to frown or smile- I still want my Kirimbi character though!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu May 21, 2015 3:58 am
Cynder says...

What about an electric dragon? Also, we need to decide what species the Elder is.... I mean is he is ancient for his species so what exactly should he be? Of course, that makes him the one exception. Also... I agree with your reasoning, but thats a very limited point of view. Hm... get back to me on this when you can.
Thanks, Cynder.
Cynder Rosetail Draak

"Be able to say: I am what I want to be."

293 Reviews

Thu May 21, 2015 12:49 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@Cynder, have you developed a split personality? :P

(Or are you and @Wolfie36 secretly the same person...?)
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu May 21, 2015 11:45 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

No, indeed! :P
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe