"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:35 am
dragonthief1 says...

@jameshunt
sniveling little backstabver hacked my account. I just managed to get on and i apologize profusely. My next post was going to be about will in the forbidden forest.

@Fade
Ummmmm... idk where you got the idea about that. You see, Will knows nothing about fluffy, and no one knows his dogs are Cerberus' s form. If you would like to discuss something about this, pm me.

The only character who may become privy to Will's secret is Beatrix, @avalon

Please pm me if you have any questions and concerns.
Now to delete that post... *sharpens knife angrily*

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:42 am
KingLucifer says...

I think I could get used to Dragonthief.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:12 am
BrumalHunter says...

To all the new members of this lovely website, I have realised that you may not be completely familiar with some of the Storybook terminology. While there are several terms, the one on which I'd like you to focus is godmodding. Here is an article on it: On Godmod . Please, you really should read this, otherwise conflict and misunderstandings may brew amongst SBers. (And actually, any member who doesn't know this term should read the article, but we are indeed blessed by excellent Storybookers, so not everyone will have to read it, obviously.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

293 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:52 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

And now, for the long-awaited schedule for the third years:

Monday
Breakfast (7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.)
1. Defence Against the Dark Arts (9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.)
2. Transfiguration (10:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m.)
3. Herbology (11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)
4. Charms (12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
Lunch (1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.)
5. History of Magic (2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
6. Divination/Muggle Studies (3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
Dinner (6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.)

Tuesday
Breakfast
1. HM
2. Charms
3. Potions
4. Non-Magical Combat/Ancient Runes
Lunch
5. Transfiguration
6. Care of Magical Creatures/Divination
Dinner

Wednesday
Breakfast
1. Transfiguration
2. Potions
3. NMC/CMC
4. Herbology
Lunch
5. DADA
6. MS/AR
Dinner

Thursday
Breakfast
1. Charms
2. Herbology
3. HM
4. CMC/Arithmancy
Lunch
5. DADA
6. NMC/AR
Dinner
7. Astronomy (12:00 a.m. - 1:30 a.m.)

Friday
Breakfast
1. Herbology
2. Potions
3. Charms
4. DADA
Lunch
5. Arithmancy/Divination
6. Transfiguration
Dinner

This roster has been far easier and much more enjoyable to create, but I am glad it is finished. You can see that certain subjects will be taught only on certain dates; this is because many more subjects are mandatory, but space for the electives are also required.

The mandatory subjects are: Transfiguration, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Potions, History of Magic and Astronomy. The electives, of which you must take at least two, are: Divination, Non-Magical Combat, Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, Care of Magical Creatures and Muggle Studies. It may happen that you have a few free periods, so be sure to use them exclusively for educational purposes! (Yeah, right... ;) )
Last edited by BrumalHunter on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:04 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

All third years (that means @Wolfie36, @Noelle and @Zontafer), your timetable has been released, so be sure to scrutinise it. The teachers (@Wolfare1, @Aurora99, @dragonthief1 and @Fade) will be pleased to note that there are no overlapping lessons; however, I cannot say the same for subjects, so you will see your third years four times a week at the maximum and two times at the minimum.

I am now tagging everyone else (@AfterTheStorm, @FaerieQueen, @Thewriter13, @RoyalHighness, @Avalon, @KatyaElefant) so that I may ask this: please update your character page so that your Other states which subjects you take - this is to grant easy viewing access and to prevent the DT from becoming too cluttered. Please, do this as soon as possible. (Third Years have seven mandatory subjects and at least two electives, while Sixth Years can have as many or as few subjects as they want, as long as they received either an Exceeds Expectations or an Outstanding for said subject; however, it is strongly advised that you do not take clashing subjects.)
— Paul the Apostle

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:06 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

@JamesHunt you are amazing!! <3
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:55 pm
View Likes
RoyalHighness says...

Thewriter13 wrote:*looks at sixth year schedule*

@JamesHunt YOU ARE SO AMAZING

SERIOUSLY

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:32 pm
Fade says...

-groans- Life has been super busy and now i'm bombarded with all of these posts, and I screwed up on my post big time apparently, and @dragonthief1 Actually, in your post you said the dogs were descendants from the three headed dog at the school...

This is getting really stressful atop my life and other things, I might have to leave, sorry guys...
Sectumsempra!

~Gallifrey Survivor~

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:37 am
Noelle says...

I'll be away at camp this week so I won't be able to post anything. I'll be back Friday night. I can only imagine how many pages of discussion and posts when I get back... Have fun while I'm gone! :)

@Wolfare1 @Mackattack (tagging you two so I know you'll see this)
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:16 pm
AfterTheStorm says...

Just a heads up: I'll be at camp until next week, so I won't be able to post then. I'll definitely try to get Kris's post done (which has accidentally been neglected because grrrr life) this afternoon.

And as a side note to a comment James made earlier, I actually made a Squills article which touched on different Storybook terms in case anyone is confused. Storybook Lingo 101.
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:07 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Has everyone posted once? I'm not familiar with the rules and protocol of posting orders and such if they exist :)

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:35 pm
Cithara says...

I don't think you need to wait until everyone's posted but don't post twice in a row or something like that ;)
Pax in Christo

novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

293 Reviews

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:48 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I am not going to tag everyone this time, but know that both timetables have been edited. The Third Years' has stayed mostly the same, but the Sixth Years' has changed in such a manner that it should be easier to determine your character's personal schedule. It is highly recommended that you devise your character's personal schedule, so that you may know when to write about what.

Also, in reference to what @Avalon had said earlier, Sectumsempra is now officially known as the Slashing Curse; Severus Snape had described it to the Death Eaters and it has been in use by Dark Wizards/Witches ever since. The counter-curse (which also serves as a healing spell) was made known by Harry Potter as soon as Sectumsmepra's use became popular - the other spells Severus Snape had invented is still unknown, though.
Last edited by BrumalHunter on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Paul the Apostle

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:49 pm
View Likes
Cithara says...

Thanks @JamesHunt

Now go relax or something, you've done so much for this story book.
Here, have some chocolate :D
Pax in Christo

novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy