RoyalHighness says...

Alrighty! My first post in the SB!

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:23 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

O_o o_O

It seems that everyone knows all of the appropriate spells, so there is no further need to send them to me. Also, it seems that everybody is grouping the spells as they think appropriate, rather than in which edition of The Standard Book of Spells they feature, so I am also cancelling the list-request to prevent total chaos.

Instead, I shall simply be teaching your characters the appropriate spells as we progress - if there is anything of which you need to be informed, I shall post it here.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Noelle says...

Oh, thank you for that list of spells, Royal! This saves me so much research. You're awesome!
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

293 Reviews

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:22 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Attention everyone.

Spoiler! :
@Mackattack, @Wolfare1, @dragonthief1, @Aurora99, @JamesHunt, @Fade, @AfterTheStorm, @FaerieQueen, @KatyaElefant, @Avalon, @RoyalHighness, @Thewriter13, @Wolfie36, @Noelle, @Zontafer

To those from whom I have requested the list of spells you know, you need not bother anymore; I have just seen that not only are spells being listed incorrectly on certain sites (Accio is listed as a first year spell, when the book undoubtedly confirms that it's fourth year), but other spells are even being listed without references. It therefore greatly increases the difficulty of determining the validity of some of the spells - some of them may even be fabricated.

I have just looked up some of the websites which lists the incantation for the Bat-Bogey Hex, for example, and I discovered something shocking: Once again, none of the websites cite their sources, and many of them are even just lists posted by individuals - and worst of all, these people seem to be using each other as sources. This has led to the loss of integrity of the lists, e.g.: The incantation of the Jelly-Legs Curse (which many sites incorrectly call a jinx) is listed as Tremo Cruris, whereas Pottermore, an official Harry Potter website created by Rowling herself, clearly states that it is Locomotor Wibbly.

We are therefore faced with a deeply worrying case of contamination of one of the most popular series ever. I have already compiled a list of many spells, all with adequate references, and I request that I may use that when I "teach Charms". Of course, should anyone wish to know the references, I'll gladly provide them. Also, if you are unsure of a spell, I shall investigate its validity as well.

So, how shall we deal with this matter?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:48 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@dragonthief1, @RoyalHighness and @Noelle, you all wrote fantastic entries! This is going to be very enjoyable indeed.
— Paul the Apostle

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:54 pm
AfterTheStorm says...

Since I came in at the last second, I kind of forgot to ask who my character (Kristof Detlev) might be friends with. I've already established with Avalon that Beatrix and Kris are practical mortal enemies, but who's sixth year-ish character might have befriended Kristof in the past?
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:02 pm
RoyalHighness says...

@AfterTheStorm Beatrix and my character, Nova, are also enemies!
PM me and we can compare characters to see if they'd be friends

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Cithara says...

@Noelle
do you think the friendship between Matty and your character could be caused by some heroic move?
Like say your character got into some trouble with a troll or something and then Matty saves her or helps her out? That's the only thing I really came up with to determine how they became friends.
Or something with the train the year before this year.
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

233 Reviews

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:19 pm
Cithara says...

Also for any of you here are a list of potions if you need em:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_potions
Pax in Christo

novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:21 pm
AfterTheStorm says...

@RoyalHighness, are you online now? I know you aren't in the chat bar, but you might be invisible. If not, I'll just PM you like you said.
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:34 pm
Zontafer says...

I'm wondering the same thing as AfterTheStorm. My character could be friend with a Slytherin or Gryffindor, but not Ravenclaw. If any Ravenclaw wants to be 'enemies', that'd work as well. xD
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
- Winston Churchill

233 Reviews

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:40 pm
View Likes
Cithara says...

@Zontafer,
let's be enemies :D XD
Pax in Christo

novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:44 pm
Noelle says...

@thewriter13 I like this idea! That would definitely give Eli the right to consider Madelyn her "big sister". Oh, oh, I have an idea! Eli like Transfiguration so she'd probably be practicing in a classroom a lot. So one day in her second year, she was practicing turning birds into goblets (I found the curriculum so I know this is something they do), but the birds got out somehow and were swarming and attacking her. Madelyn heard her cries and ran in to help her. She used the immobulis spell to freeze the birds and return them to their cage.

What do you think? Sounds like something that would happen?

@Zontafer What year is your character in? And welcome to the Hufflepuff family! ^_^

YWS is life

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:49 pm
dragonthief1 says...

@Noelle and @thewriter13

Ahem. I would like to know where exactly this troll comes from? If u go into the forbidden forest, just know will is in there a lot and if he finds u... well it wont be pretty because he has orders.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:51 pm
Noelle says...

Writer was just throwing out ideas. A troll really wouldn't work so we'll stick with the birds getting out and attacking Eli :)

YWS is life

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
— Mark Twain