z

Young Writers Society

Sins and Virtues DT

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:05 am
AdventurerDaniel says...

I wouldn't mind gluttony seems like it could be fun.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:51 am
Alvarin says...

@Aquestioning ShadowVyper already reserved diligence. Check the character slots in the SB for the available sins/virtues ;)

@AdventurerDaniel Alright, signing you up for gluttony. Feel free to head to the pad linked in the beginning of the DT and make your profile there :)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:54 pm
Omni says...

I meant Humility *facepalm* I was not doing well last night
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:02 am
crossroads says...

xD Sure then. Feel free to join us in the pad to work on profiles~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:15 pm
Snowery says...

Guys, I'm so sorry but I'm going to have to pull out of this one. I was really excited for it but it seems I've bitten off more then I can chew :/ I'm really sorry guys :(
The World Is Mine.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:49 pm
KingLucifer says...

@Carina @Aquestioning @thelostone if you can manage a second or third storybook. Sins and Virtues needs some good guys.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

30 Reviews

Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:15 pm
Alvarin says...

It's okay, @Silverlock. No worries ;)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:00 pm
crossroads says...

Poof. Second characters are a thing now. I added to the first post the names of those of us who expressed interest in the pad, sorry if I missed anyone.
That said, the SB will remain open for other people for a while longer too, so if you have someone whom you think would do good writing this with us, feel free to call them in.
- they/them -

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:08 am
View Likes
Crunch says...

In your guys' opinion, would this be an okay SB collaboration to join if it's my first time doing so?

I'm inexperienced with these types of writing, but it sounds so intriguing that I'd love to dive in and learn a few things along the way.

(Also, if it isn't inconvenient, could you hold the spot for Temperance if it's still open? If you decide let me join, that'd be the character for me.)
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe, or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying."

-Arthur C. Clarke

117 Reviews

Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:24 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Hey, Crunch c:
Here, I'll ramble a bit~

Without bias just because this SB is partly mine, I'd say yes. So far, we're quite a colourful bunch in terms of experience, both with SBing in general and in SBing with each other - some never did it, others even got each other into it or at least were each other's reason for sticking around - and I think you'd be okay. Alvie and I imagined this as rather character-driven, which it currently is and which wouldn't be possible without a lot of talking and collaborating between us - which means we're hanging in that pad and chats quite a lot and plotting with each other and sharing ideas and whatnot. From what I've seen you around chat and YWS in general, you're good with the idea of collaborating, thus I'd say you'd fit right in ;)

Also, as a side note, Reise, Omni and myself are all SB mods, and it's pretty much our job to answer any questions and explain stuff - and quite a few of the others (like Alvie, who's co-founder of this and hence also here to answer questions and explain stuff =p ) are the ones who were around for me when I had those questions, and they did great job with that :3

So yes, I'd be happy to see you onboard with us, in which case Temperance is yours.
- they/them -

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:17 am
View Likes
Crunch says...

@AriaAdams

Sign me up, then. :D
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the universe, or we are not.
Both are equally terrifying."

-Arthur C. Clarke

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:36 pm
View Likes
Editor says...

I'll take Envy, if that's okay? I'll make a profile later.
ï' ø вøɾε

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:06 pm
queerelves says...

@LittleSister Come join us in the pad ^~^
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:58 am
View Likes
Alvarin says...

Gather 'round, everyone! The SB is starting today ^^ I'm working on a post now, and will hopefully post tonight or tomorrow, so you should all start your posts as well. You're more than free to start before I or Aria have gotten our first posts in. Your first post should contain a bit about how your character got to the camp, as well as them finding their cabin and going to the opening ceremony (which will be led by the three virtues). If you want your character to be in the same cabin as some other character, say so here in the DT so the owner or that character can say yay or nay.

The opening ceremony is going to be held on the big stage. There are some smaller scenes scattered around the camp as well, for practicing different performances that'd be suitable in a carnival.
Spoiler! :

Also, the camp looks something like this:
Spoiler! :
A small town is right by the edge of the water, and it has a small harbor where private boats and ferries can dock. The camp itself will be higher up on the mountain side, within walking distance from the town. The only way to get to either is by boat of ferry. The ferry does take cars though, so your character could take their car along if you want them to.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask ;)
― Thomas Harris

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:17 pm
kayfortnight says...

Anybody want to share with Drew? I won't request anyone in particular, so just tell me if you want to be in the same cabin as her.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice