z

Young Writers Society

The Sims Revolution DT

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:25 pm
therealme says...

Welcome to the Discussion Thread! xD

I will be posting more details about the storybook later.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:55 am
Sassafras says...

Is this real? Or is this just fantasy?!
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:56 am
Kanome says...

Let me just say that you are freaking awesome for making this, and I am going to join this as soon as possible!
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

60 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:02 am
therealme says...

ReisePiecey wrote:Is this real? Or is this just fantasy?!

Uh... both? xD

The Sims are like real characters living inside the game, although in the real non-game world (the world of Players and Sims creators) they are fictional.

The Sims characters do have that element of fantasy.

351 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:05 am
Kanome says...

So I guess the Players and Sims Creators, they control the sim... so when they put in their posts on the SB, does the Sim do what they say basically? Just like the game?
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

60 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:39 am
therealme says...

Yeah. Pretty much exactly like the game.

351 Reviews

Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:41 am
Kanome says...

That's awesome c: Okay, I'll make mine now.
PROTECTOR OF LIGHT
Knight of the Green Room

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:30 pm
Apricity says...

I need to be in this.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:14 am
Editor says...

I'm making a Sim later. I am a big fan of all things Sims. I even played the Sims 3 today. :)
ï' ø вøɾε

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:36 am
Ciblio says...

Oh my GOSHH. I have played, AND OWNED, basically all Sims game. I am definitely joining this. Gonna make my character tomorrow! :D
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 am
RurouniOfLife says...

This looks AWESOME!!!! XD XD XD *Has played Sims 3 tons of times and already has 4 character ideas :3*

Some questions! XD

1) Are all the Sim/Glitch/Hue characters going to belong to one of the player characters? Or are some of the Sim's players going to be NPCs? (and can some Hues/Glitches belong to no one?)

2) Can a random Sim become a glitch? Ouo

3) Will all the player characters be using the same map? <u>'' (Like, say 3 different players are using Sunset Valley; Are they all using the exact same map, or just copies of the same map? X3 (If copies: Can glitches just switch between them at will? :3))

4) Can only glitches/hues jump worlds/towns at will (can they? :3), or could normal Sims also have their households moved to new maps?

5) Can Glitches/Hues mess with the programming? <u< (Perhaps just the Hues? >u>)

6) Are the normal Sims aware of the player/the fact they're being controlled? Can Sims/Glitches/Hues see the player? :3

And 7) Are there any other important plot points to know about? :3

(Also; is there a limit to how many characters we can have? <u>'')
Lead, kindly Light. . .
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me

(*Was previously KatKage. Sorry for not saying earlier! ''X3*)

~*~ Love is the Answer ~*~

60 Reviews

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:56 am
therealme says...

Oh! Questions xD It's good when people ask about stuff.

1. Yes. Some are NPC Players, other Players are characters who own other Sim characters and/or NPC Sims. Some Glitch/Hues can belong to no one.

2. Yes :) just like how a random Glitch can become a Hue.

3. To keep things simple and non-complex I'd say that it would be the exact same map, though I'm not entirely sure of this question xD (what do you mean by maps? as in worlds?). Also, Sunset Valley will be the town/world that ALL the characters act in/with, otherwise if some Sim characters are in one world and others are in another they won't be able to interact. The other worlds are almost like NPC worlds, where the characters know about them but don't actually play in/with them.

4. In the real game Sims can't actually move to different worlds if they've already been placed in one world, so I'd have to say no. And like I said in the my previous answer the worlds other than Sunset Valley are 'NPC worlds', so the characters won't go to them.

5. Yes >=) However, like you said, only Hues can mess with the programming.

6. Some do, some don't. The Hues and Glitches are aware that someone is controlling the other Sims (they may think it is God or Satan haha). A few rare Glitches/Hues have figured it out, but there is a large number of Sims who are completely ignorant. Normal Sims mostly don't know, but there are some that might have been told by Glitches or Hues.

7. Once I have enough people interested and have a few characters up (so far I have no characters) I will hold a brainstorming session of sorts with everyone involved, so that we can all think up a big, juicy plot :) But for now there isn't really anything that needs to be said.

And no, there is no limit to how many character you want to create, just as long as you're not biting off more than you can chew (in other words, make sure you will be able to make posts for every character).

Random avatar

Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 pm
kayfortnight says...

Removed
Last edited by kayfortnight on Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

60 Reviews

Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:47 pm
therealme says...

From what I know a regular Sim can't kill another Sim/Glitch/Hue (unless there are mods downloaded into the game by the Player). This is a weapon mod here if you are interested. But in the actual base game and expansions Sims are incapable of murder.

As for Glitches and Hues I think it would be possible for them to kill without mods; the only difference would be that Glitches can only 'accidentally' kill another Sim (by drowning, starving to death, burning in a fire etc.), whereas Hues can mess up the game system and kill a Sim without even touching them.

Random avatar

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 am
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Cool, thanks:) Backstory stuff:) My poor character is going to lose both her parents at a young age due to their lack of free will-a pool ladder scenario and another starved to death. Typical sims stuff. Plus she loses first boyfriend/girlfriend to a Hue. She's going to be one angry young glitch.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie