Young Writers Society

Flames of Darkness DT

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:51 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

If you posted, @Judas, it would help. :P
Last edited by Craz on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:53 pm
kayfortnight says...

Well, I can't really post again until @AriaAdams posts, and I think she's waiting on @AlmondEyes. @queerelves is in the same situation as me, so essentially the entire kingdom of Neko is on lockdown.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:05 pm
Caesar says...

Craz wrote:If you posted, @Judas, it would help. :P

I have a post that's almost finished in collaboration with @AriaAdams… but you know, she's not really around, so I can't do much.

edit: kay has it right, it's even appropriately dramatic.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:35 pm
crossroads says...

kayfortnight wrote:Well, I can't really post again until @AriaAdams posts, and I think she's waiting on @AlmondEyes. @queerelves is in the same situation as me, so essentially the entire kingdom of Neko is on lockdown.

Not really true. In fact, Elves, Almond and myself need you to write our posts, because we don't know how the conversation would continue.
I think Alm is struggling with writing Sammi's entrance from Sita's POV, or something like that, and I need all three of you to know what happens between my post (in which they leave the room and meet Up) and your last post, in which they just really start talking. I can just make it so that they decide to take it to the gardens and speak there, though, as I imagine getting together for a proper post might take forever. Elvie, as much as I know, is working on a post which covers stuff that happened so far from Ardryl's POV.

@Judas - I'll end my post more or less where we stopped, and post as soon as Alm (and probably Elves and maybe Kay) post theirs. Meanwhile, nothing stops you from introducing Up anyway, say by him coming to Neko or wandering the castle or whatever.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:42 pm
Caesar says...

A post with all the player characters in Neko might be interesting, even if it does take a while.

I could, but that would be wasting time, and I dislike wasting time. Besides, the entrance in the current post is pretty epic :P

Random avatar

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:13 pm
kayfortnight says...

Well, Aria, I'm online for the next two hours, so if need be we could always open up a writer feed pad to work on the Neko posts. Want me to? Even if the others can't get on right away, we can work on it some.

117 Reviews

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:19 pm
crossroads says...

I'm not online for the next two hours xP What I meant by it being hard to come together for a post, it mostly refered to myself, really. I'm in the middle of packing for moving and traveling at the same time, with just about a few minutes to spare on being actually online, and that's without entering any of the more personal issues.

That said, though, I trust you to keep Rhames in character even if you grow bored of waiting and decide to just wing that part.
- they/them -

Random avatar

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:31 pm
kayfortnight says...

So the part you want me to write is what they talk about after Sammi enters, correct?

I'll wait for a while, but not forever:)

117 Reviews

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:28 pm
crossroads says...

Mm, yeah ^^ Rhames would eventually suggest to go to the gardens to talk more (to which I imagine at least one of them would say that the throne room might be more suitable, but he'd more or less ignore that advice xP) and discuss the whole thing with the family Sammi mentioned and their daughter and all that stuff. If you're not sure what to write about it, and if no one else objects, though. I can just add a quick few lines about Rhames deciding on the garden thing and leaving the room, and then the rest of that post I wrote (in the pad I linked you before) works well and introduces Up. Then you, Elvie, Alm and Bro can take it on/from your POV from there..?
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:08 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

so AlmondEyes has posted, yet I am having a moment of stupidity. Someone help me be less stupid.

the events up to now all happen before my post with @AriaAdams (which I guess only Sis can answer). I've lost the link to the pad, so I can't confirm, but I believe near the end we were moving towards the gardens for a game of chess.

The others would recover from Upoptos' douchery, and join them in the garden. Fun ensues. Yes?

117 Reviews

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:45 pm
crossroads says...

Yep, something like that. Now after Alm's/Elvie's post, Sammi walks in, and shortly after Rhames decides to go to the gardens to talk. Then he runs into a crooked picture and takes the turn to the throne room and has the most wonderful encounter with Uppy xP And then they eventually actually move to the gardens for that game of chess.

@kayfortnight - did you decide to write a post about them talking more, or can I just say in a few quick lines what was said and then post the rest of the thing I have?

That post is in one of my WFPs, number 73 I think.
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:50 pm
Caesar says...

Found the pad, beautiful. I guess your post comes after this.

Random avatar

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:41 pm
kayfortnight says...

You can post, Aria:) My next Sammi post might have what they talked about in more detail if I do a "Sammi's point of view of the events in your post" but for now you can just sum it up.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:24 pm
Caesar says...

yay for Upoptos' scenery chewing entrance.

Next could be my post, where we have the game of chess. Sis, I can try to do Rhames, or you can shoot me some quick lines via pm, or something (even though the conversation might be a bit complex, I might need you for those answers). After the game (or during it, why not), some other characters, Sita or Adryll, could arrive, and at that point I'd grab you guys to see what happens. Sounds good?

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:51 pm
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

I was browsing for storybooks when I saw this one. Is this the rebirth of the very same Flames of Darkness that I, in my foolish youth, almost completely destroyed with my terrible, overpowered characters?

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart