z

Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training [DT]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:27 pm
crossroads says...

Lumi wrote:If Aria (or anyone, for that matter) is unresponsive and inactive, just go ahead and treat their characters as NPCs if you need/want them in the story.

For the record, usually I would very much prefer this to not be done with my characters without permission. Buuut I do get the need to go on without waiting for some of us forever, so ignore that fact right now, just try to keep them in character.

I'm inactive because I'm away and busy in offline life, and can't post right now (nor could I until now, apparently, although I thought I would). I want to get back in on this, but I can't for now and most likely won't be able to till like the end of August..
No idea what the thing with kidnapping anyone is, as I haven't read the posts yet, but Dyre could easily side with the villain (one part of Dyre anyway, if the other is Evatt-centered enough.. it would be kind of fun if they were all conflicted and one of them would run off to warn the good guys whenever they'd split). Gareth would try to stay on somewhat neutral grounds, actually. He'd probably assist Kay's character though, he kind of likes her (because she's the first person he met, basically xP).

Feel free to put any of them in the hospital or make them kidnapped or expelled or whatever if you want to explain their absence rather than use them as NPCs, by the way. Gareth gets hurt if someone tries to destroy the portrait - basically until the portrait gets fixed, he'll be getting hurt in chronological order of injuries that were transferred to the portrait before, but he wouldn't die from those unless the portrait got completely destroyed. If that makes sense.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:32 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Yes, I've seen Days of Future Past. And his appearance WAS indeed awesome.

Wha... REALLY?! DARN! I can't wait XD He's seriously one of my fav mutants ever.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

kayfortnight wrote:Funny thing is, in the canon Marvel universe, although I don't know about Nolan, Magneto has Quicksilver, a speedster, for a son.

Then again, that could be why Nolan hates speedsters.

That makes a lot of sense, it just isn't something we touched on in Academy 2.

The main reason Nolan hates speedsters is because of Bart, who was my character from Academy 2. Bart was a speedster and can probably be best described as a hyperactive jackass, who annoyed the living daylights out of Nolan. (Also Zeke, who was not nearly as bad as Bart, but might not have been Nolan's favorite Furry Creature(That slot is reserved for a Pichu))
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:55 am
Lumi says...

Lamya has been placed in her dorm, classes, and clubs. I'm withholding team assignment until the new teams are created as per canon.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi ...can I at least keep the cave? I MAY actually use it for something else, if not a room :smt003

@AriaAdams We'll be sure to ask you a few things if we can't get your characters... Well, into character. (I didn't know Gareth was neutral-type for instance), thanks for the warning.

@SuperNintendo I believe Bart was always like that with pretty much everyone, so... Very interesting that you mention that, lol.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:21 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Seeing as Lumi mentioned Chaos Theory, I thought I'd write it up for those curious.

Spoiler! :
Background facts to know:
1- Dove's mom, Raven, is currently "dead"/AWOL/in limbo in Dove's current time stream, but alive in other time streams. And yes I do mean currently even in Acad5
2- Dove's dad is Beast Boy
3- Dove and Wayne have known each other since they were born, basically
4- Bruce Wayne is also dead (Wayne's legal guardian is Dick Grayson)
5- The characters most heavily involved are Dove, Wayne, and Dimitri

Dove's team is sent to Tamaran for a mission, scientific information trade, I believe, when they run into the Titans on an earlier timeline. This means Dove sees Raven for the first time in years, and has a very strong emotional reaction. This causes her powers to spread out because she wants to meet her mom, but she can't because the two time streams should not interact. However, Raven senses Dove's presence, and figures it's bad news. This means Raven engages with Dove and one of the two stops anybody else from helping the fight.

The two time streams meeting causes a pocket universe to open up, and Raven launches an attack that detaches Dove's soul from her body, causing Dove to be caught up in the pocket universe and her body to collapse on the ground. The team brings her body back to put in suspended animation (aka, keep her in the TARDIS) and, once Wayne finds out what happened, she volunteers to take Dove's place on the team.

They have to do a bunch of random things (all scientific, of course, because the Doctor is involved), to open up the universe. Once they get in there, the first thing they hear is Dove's scream. There are also a bunch of ravens/dove with four red eyes everywhere. (Scenery is borrowed from the Teen Titans episode Nevermore)

Then they realize what Dove's done to comfort herself.

She's taken the three worst memories she's aware of— one from Dimitri, one from Wayne, and her own— and "fixed" them so they're not painful.

They run into Dimitri's first transformation, which resulted in massive property damage and made him fear himself. The version in this universe has Dimitri in control of his powers. In order to get closer to Dove, they have to make the memories play out as they happened. This is harder than it sounds, because Dove really does not want them to happen the original way, so she has added quite a few layers of protection.

The next one is Wayne. Dove has made it Batman never dies, and has added a few more heroes to protect him. Wayne feels sick as she has to watch her dad die again, but they have to kill him to move on.

Finally, Dove's worst memory: Raven's death.

This is where they realize they need the other active team at the time, because Dove has rather literally recreated the Justice League and Titans (past and present members; basically everybody she's been close to) as a barrier between the team and Raven. Dove herself is actually visible, here, so all it takes it killing Raven before they can get to her.

Once they have all 9 active people at the time, they go after the Justice League, Wayne taking on Dove personally. They've been fighting so long, Wayne actually stands a chance at keeping Dove's attention occupied while the others knock out the people between them and Raven.

They succeed in killing Raven, which causes Dove's powers to recoil (from pain) and she takes on her usual soul shape: a dove (hence her name). Wayne catches her soul and curls up around it, calming Dove down while they get out of there, seeing as the universe is collapsing now that Dove isn't holding it up. They bring her soul back to her body, she wakes up, and everybody takes time off to recover.

They have their Christmas party late because Dove had been missing for it, and they hadn't realized how much she meant to them until she was gone.

That would be the gist of what's in her file.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:03 pm
Lumi says...

Twaggy, of course you can keep the cave~!
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:07 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

+Rosey Unicorn
First things first. Your defined your gender as "other". Pure epicness. That is all.

Pretty interesting event you resumed, there :O Really too bad I missed it.

@Lumi 'Kay! I made it out of the blue, so wasn't sure if i could.

1272 Reviews

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

Oh, we never actually ended up doing Chaos Theory. We just planned Ac4d to the nines, and I remember it because Dove was my character.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:02 pm
Lumi says...

@Rosey%20Unicorn said:
Dove was my character.

*is

You're never sinking that ship. ;P
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:16 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Rosey Unicorn Well... Having Justice League + Teen Titans as guardians, sounds already hard to pull off.
And hard to defeat.

1272 Reviews

Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:18 am
Rosendorn says...

Dove is extremely powerful in her own right xD She could stop the Hulk. Or, in the case of Ac4d, Dimitri, who acted much like it (he had no control over his transformation at the time, so he became a virtually indestructible and full of rage until she was able to trap him in a barrier and drain all his rage off, forcing him back to human).

Wayne can handle her just fine because:
1- They have fought so much Wayne knows all the girl's tricks
2- Wayne is Batman's kid. Of course she knows how to stop supers.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:13 am
cheeb says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:
Spoiler! :
Background facts to know:
1- Dove's mom, Raven, is currently "dead"/AWOL/in limbo in Dove's current time stream, but alive in other time streams. And yes I do mean currently even in Acad5
2- Dove's dad is Beast Boy
3- Dove and Wayne have known each other since they were born, basically
4- Bruce Wayne is also dead (Wayne's legal guardian is Dick Grayson)
5- The characters most heavily involved are Dove, Wayne, and Dimitri

Dove's team is sent to Tamaran for a mission, scientific information trade, I believe, when they run into the Titans on an earlier timeline. This means Dove sees Raven for the first time in years, and has a very strong emotional reaction. This causes her powers to spread out because she wants to meet her mom, but she can't because the two time streams should not interact. However, Raven senses Dove's presence, and figures it's bad news. This means Raven engages with Dove and one of the two stops anybody else from helping the fight.

The two time streams meeting causes a pocket universe to open up, and Raven launches an attack that detaches Dove's soul from her body, causing Dove to be caught up in the pocket universe and her body to collapse on the ground. The team brings her body back to put in suspended animation (aka, keep her in the TARDIS) and, once Wayne finds out what happened, she volunteers to take Dove's place on the team.

They have to do a bunch of random things (all scientific, of course, because the Doctor is involved), to open up the universe. Once they get in there, the first thing they hear is Dove's scream. There are also a bunch of ravens/dove with four red eyes everywhere. (Scenery is borrowed from the Teen Titans episode Nevermore)

Then they realize what Dove's done to comfort herself.

She's taken the three worst memories she's aware of— one from Dimitri, one from Wayne, and her own— and "fixed" them so they're not painful.

They run into Dimitri's first transformation, which resulted in massive property damage and made him fear himself. The version in this universe has Dimitri in control of his powers. In order to get closer to Dove, they have to make the memories play out as they happened. This is harder than it sounds, because Dove really does not want them to happen the original way, so she has added quite a few layers of protection.

The next one is Wayne. Dove has made it Batman never dies, and has added a few more heroes to protect him. Wayne feels sick as she has to watch her dad die again, but they have to kill him to move on.

Finally, Dove's worst memory: Raven's death.

This is where they realize they need the other active team at the time, because Dove has rather literally recreated the Justice League and Titans (past and present members; basically everybody she's been close to) as a barrier between the team and Raven. Dove herself is actually visible, here, so all it takes it killing Raven before they can get to her.

Once they have all 9 active people at the time, they go after the Justice League, Wayne taking on Dove personally. They've been fighting so long, Wayne actually stands a chance at keeping Dove's attention occupied while the others knock out the people between them and Raven.

They succeed in killing Raven, which causes Dove's powers to recoil (from pain) and she takes on her usual soul shape: a dove (hence her name). Wayne catches her soul and curls up around it, calming Dove down while they get out of there, seeing as the universe is collapsing now that Dove isn't holding it up. They bring her soul back to her body, she wakes up, and everybody takes time off to recover.

They have their Christmas party late because Dove had been missing for it, and they hadn't realized how much she meant to them until she was gone.

can we adapt a sequel to this for 5cademy pl0x
Last edited by cheeb on Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:36 am
Ciblio says...

I'm gonna have to drop out for awhile. School just started back today, and I was told by all 7 of my teachers that we will definitely be busy with homework.
Jeez.
Sophomore year of highschool and I still hate my life.
Mostly cause I have to work. Imma lazy bum.
Oh, plus, I only have my phone and kindle, and they're not exactly easy to write posts on.
Butlater on, if I can get used to my schedule and work, I'll do my best to come back to you guys, cause I REALLY like this SB.
@Lumi, I don't wanna be taken off of the SB. If I can't fit in time later on, then I'll PM you and just ask you to take me off, but till then juss leave me on.
If anyone does any posts and for some reason needs Astasia to be in it, just go ahead. You don't have to ask me.
well, I need to go to bed now.
BYE LOVELIES I'LL MISS YOU (ಥ_ಥ)
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:38 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

pulse check. not sure how many more of these i care to give this sucker.
-Shinji Moon

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
— Mark Twain