z

Young Writers Society

Le Cirque d'Avalon DT

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:52 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'd like to claim the High Priestess card :)

I have a question: what do the "Character Options" mean?

Also, is it possible that the High Priestess might have contributed to the founding of this circus? One last question: is a fortuneteller or somebody offering healing services fitting for a circus?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions <.<
always daydreaming, always clumsy

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:08 am
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

No, it's okay! Questions are good :)

If you look under 'The Characters' section in the first storybook post, it explains the three character options:

Your character can be one of three options: (1) a pre-established circus member, (2) a patron who joins the circus, or (3) a patron who only visits the circus. The first two options are for characters with higher storybook activity, whereas the third option can be infrequent.

And yes, it is possible. I've just been talking to Europa about character relationship history, as a matter of fact. Let me know when you have created your character, @PrincessInk, and we can discuss how your character might fit into the founding history :)

As for the fortune-telling, that would be perfectly acceptable.
Last edited by AvantCoffee on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

373 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:11 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Thank you for the answers! :D

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:37 am
View Likes
Chaser says...

The founders are literally 0 1 and 2
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:52 am
AvantCoffee says...

XD It's funny how that happened, isn't it? Not like it matters... but it is a coincidence!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:41 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@CoffeeCat This... is getting interesting indeed :3 Keep the hype coming, Cat!

Gotcha! Welp, guess we can discuss 'em here.
Spoiler! :
Okay so, in my case I've basically established a connection between my two characters Gracovitz and Limona that nobody else really understands. Well, to start with, anyway.

Limona being the younger one of the duo, she'd probably be approached by the recent members/younger members of the circus, while Gracovitz would probably be approached by whoever wouldn't be creeped out by his mysterious side.
Gracovitz would never mind Lish's sarcastic/cynical side, so, they'd probably be friends too, he doesn't care about age :3
Oh and I guess since Monsieur Beaumont is a childish badass, he and Gracovitz would probably at the very least have a good relationship.

I'd totally see Limona and Oberon becoming weird friends, too, with him being super honest and her not understanding why, considering how much more secretive she is, lol. In that respect there's Reena for that, too.

Aso, Eve is always calm. Gracovitz always grins. That's just wonderful XD

There! These are my thoughts on the matter so far.

@Europa Helloooooo! Glad you joined our ranks as well. Welp, we're getting quite teh crowd here, that's awesome! Guess we'll totally be able to start next week! I'll start planning out my first posts 'cause why not :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:34 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

I was also thinking that people might be initially uncomfortable around Pav, 'cause he's so quiet and the whole life/death power thing can be intense, but I can also see him maybe gravitating towards Limona, and Nora, as I said earlier. I think, given his past, he will be very wary around Beaumont and Gracovitz, since older guys have done a lot of harm to him.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:30 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@RedBird That, and Gracovitz would most likely be creepily starin' in the distance or straight up asking about the details on Pav's powers because it legit sounds very interesting, are - in a way - kinda similar to how Gracovitz himself can give life to non-sentient objects...
...And that whole life and death deal would make for a very dramatic puppet play :3

But yes, Limona being younger and about as quiet, maybe he'd feel more at ease. Nora would prolly be the nicer company I assume, as she's on the cheerful side.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:33 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Some more clarification on the Arcana Battles:

The Arcana Battles are for every member of the circus. Each circus member must participate in at least one Arcana Battle before the year's end, or else the winner of all the battles is held back from leaving the circus. This means that those not wanting to escape the circus would ideally only need to fight one Arcana Battle. However, those competing seriously in the Arcana Battles will need to win as many battles as they can, and hence will likely ask non-serious circus members to battle them.

In a brief overview/recap, the Arcana Battles are a year-round annual event, and occur randomly according to the characters' organised determination. The winner of all the battles is determined at the very end of the year, and is the circus member with the most battle victories.

61 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

Can we maybe plan on who's currently in a Battle, and who might be starting one soon? Just so we're all on the same page when we start? :)
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:50 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

To make things easy, I was planning to have the storybook open at the start of the new year, meaning there wouldn't be any current battles underway yet.

61 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:56 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

Ah, okay! That works too!
~Snape, AVPM

92 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:57 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Yet even more Arcana Battles clarification XD

A circus member who is serious about winning won't have to battle everyone in the circus. They will only need to battle enough circus members to win at least one more victory above all the others. Because many circus members don't feel inclined to leave the circus, the amount of victories needed to have the most won't be too high.

The curse restricts that a circus member can only battle another circus member once in the year. This would mean that towards the end of the year, those serious participators would eventually want to face each other, after already battling the other non-serious members or being refused battles. Naturally, the difficulty of these battles would be much harder and more ambitious, since both battle competitors are serious about winning against the other.

Meanwhile, those non-serious characters would barely have any victories, and it would take an immense amount of effort for them to get on the same level as the serious competitors, especially later on in the battle year.

373 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:12 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

I'm just curious. Does Arthur Beaumont win most of his battles?

And I want to also make sure I'm not godmodding here. My High-Priestess-in-progress has two abilities:

-a fortuneteller who tends to become vaguer the more unsure the future is.

-she can manipulate magic and cause ripple effects BUT becomes extremely weak and defenseless afterwards during the next hour or so, till she gains back her magic. Which means that if she unleashes such a power during an Arcana Battle, she'll have to cope without using it for a full hour. So she'll use it rarely, of course.

Let me know if I'm godmodding. Just want to be certain before I submit my CP.

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:58 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@PrincessInk It's just a opinion from a fellow member, but given the limitation and what it means depending on the Arcana Battle (especially after some people become aware of said ability's liimitations), it'll most certainly work against her in the long run, soo that sounds more like a high-risk/high-reward thing than god-modding.
*This has been Uncle Twaggy's two cents on the matter*

@CoffeeCat Should we have all the Arcana Battle Rules place in the DT's first post or something? In case re-reading them is necessary.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf