z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 2

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:51 pm
TheSilverFox says...

As a quick note before I go to my bed and collapse from exhaustion, I must say that when it comes to details, I feel like I have obsessive-compulsive disorder. XD. I always want to describe the entire scene in ever angle that I imagine it, and I get aggravated when I skip over details. Unfortunately, that kills the fun of imagining the scene, and I honestly need to start changing my habits because stress is the worst thing I want to deal with in my life. Sorry about that, @Tortwag.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox Well... Y'know, that's your style. I'm pretty sure my posts have some good/bad things unique to them too. I got used to yours it quite a few pages ago.
That and, to me, the overly descriptive parts are only a problem if your intent wasn't to be so descriptive. Here, as I said, the dream/prophecy thing made up for everything that was said before, 'cause it was freakin' beautiful. So you managed to create a nice pace. Congrats for that.

...Don't you DARE stress too much after the 'mazing work you've done, go get some good sleepd :D
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:10 pm
Charizard821 says...

7 POSTS?! I haven't even left yet guys!!! No wonder I'm always falling behind...

Wait, The Nights? As in, The Night by Avicii? I LOVE THAT SONG! WHO LINKED IT?!

@Robusto, would you like me to re-post the hu'mon theme?

299 Reviews

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:16 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Tortwag: Sleep? If it's daytime (which it is here, being about 5:01 P.M.), I never sleep. XD On the bright side, sitting on my bed looking at the ceiling was what I needed, as well as going on an errand and spending some time to think. I'm feeling great now. :D

I suppose. My style has always been focusing on details, and that's remained consistent from some of my oldest works to some of my most recent. However, I'm not a great fan of my own style, and that's why I sort of beat myself up in that earlier post. I always find myself stressful and nervous because I'm afraid that in my own attempts to describe the scene, I have lost the reader in descriptions. Unfortunately, that has happened on more than one occasion. That explains my stressful behavior, but the whole matter is sort of a conflict run by my writing style and my fears. That's why I beat myself up a lot of the time, and why I'm thinking about adapting my writing style so that it meets a balance of detail and destroying my fears. I'm happy that you like what I've created. :D To be honest, I didn't think anyone would like the poetry too much. XD I never devote as much work to my poetry as most poets do.

And yes, almost all the time, my intention is to be descriptive. Most of the posts that you see concerning Aegeas are written like individual short stories. I often spend a lot of my time composing them and editing them in Microsoft Word Document. This work in particular was one of those that I spent the most time with, and it stands as one of the hardest things that I've ever tried to write. I got so frustrated with trying to come up with a good ending that I just gave in and decided to write what happened in a few sentences. Best decision ever. XD

Your brother is a lot like Aegeas? Hmm, that's interesting, because you also managed to define some of my own brother's traits. We both seem to like to mention each others flaws a lot. :P He thinks I'm the wrathful person with the constantly shifting emotions, and I think he's a germophobic hypochondriac. Of course, neither of those claims are entirely true or false, and we're usually on good terms with one another. Usually. :P

Yeah, that's about it. I need to relax for a little while. Excellent job, @Robusto! Your posts were amazing! :D

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:19 pm
Robusto says...

@Tortwag: Attract isn't permanent. It'll wear off eventually. Hopefully soon, for Zulu's sake. Feel free to describe the aftermath of this scene yourself. I feel you'd probably give it more humor than I can.

@Charizard821: Yes, I need that theme for the soundtrack post.

299 Reviews

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:43 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Wow. I've known Avicii to make some great songs (for instance, "Hey Brother", "Addicted To You", and "Wake Me Up", all of which I suggest - they are amazing), but "The Nights" has to be my favorite song from that band. I've never listened to a song with such a wonderful and heartfelt meaning like that. That's a classic, and that's a song I want to get for my MP3 player as soon as possible. :D Excellent choice, @Verser.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:34 am
StupidSoup says...

....there are bands in this wrld ._.?

oh right, music doesn't only consist of dubstep.

*Continues to ignore genres*
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:30 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 Verser had the kindness to link it, and now it's on my MP3. Replay Button = broken.

@TheSilverFox ...Huh. Was reffering to sleep related to my Timezone, but nvm that.
Ah. If you're not a fan of your own style, then we might have a problem there. Glad you did manage to balance your stuff though.
Is it me or you seem to stress quite a lot?

Yeah, well, my brother isn't exactly the most sociable person (if YOU don't talk to him he won't talk at all), which is in opposition to Aegeas, I think. That and my brother is alike to Aegeas only in his calm demeanor. He'sactually just as freaking crazy as I am. You may have heard about a plane crash that made 149 victims, recently. Well when he heard that there were no bodies to recover but only fragments of legs, bones or other, he basically laughed louder than Twinkiel. I am pretty certain Aeveas wouldn't share that reaction.
Oh, yeah, that love/hate relationship thing is everywhere when you have a bro or sister, I'm mot surprised there.

@Robusto ok, good. Oh my god, I'm going to have quite some fun with this, yes indeed.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

299 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:31 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Tortwag: The 149-person plane crash? O_O I heard it on the radio in the car when my dad was at a store (I was switching between random channels out of boredom while he was gone. :P ). Some plane plowed into the side of a mountain, correct? I will always remember that plane crash as the German co-pilot's suicide/homicide, based on what I heard from that radio. I found myself in part of a conversation on the radio channel, where they were discussing the circumstances of the crash. I can't confirm any of this, because I don't know anything else about the crash, so don't lambast me if I'm wrong. :P The pilot left and the co-pilot turned off the auto-pilot and dived for the ground. The co-pilot blatantly ignored the pilot's screams as the pilot banged on the door, as well as the alarm signals concerning the oncoming ground, and didn't say a word until the plane smashed the ground. That's reasonable evidence for saying the co-pilot was out to kill everybody on that plane. Yeah, I'm familiar with the crash. That has to be the most dramatic case of suicide I've ever seen. O_O

And yes, I do stress a lot. In my schoolwork, in video games, in most everything I take part in. XD I suppose that has to do with my behavior and my.....condition.

Aegeas is very different from my own brother too. Aegeas is far more sociable than he is, but about as sociable as I am (I usually like to start conversations with other people, while my brothers are usually dodging conversation with others). Your brother laughed after the plane crash? Yeah, Aegeas wouldn't share that reaction at all. O_O But it is interesting that, despite their differences, they share a calm demeanor. My demeanor is anything but calm in most scenarios, as you likely already know. You did an excellent job portraying Aegeas and his calm demeanor, and I'm impressed by what you created. Great job!

I'd talk more, but I have to leave in about ten minutes, and then I'll be gone for a good portion of the rest of the day. Bye! :D

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:04 pm
Charizard821 says...

*Laughs at the people who onjy just discovered The Nights*. I found that song about a month and a half ago, guys. Slacker Radio and iTube for the win. XD

ZULU INFATUATED ARIALA? Talk about a plot twist. Can't wait to read that post!

40 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:14 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 *tries to ignore the laughter*
Well at least now I know it. The when doesn't really matter, imo. Well, in this aspect.

He's going to regret it very dearly when it wears off. And that'll make my day :P But now I can develop Ariala faster than I had planned ay least, so I don't mind at all :D

@TheSilverFox yes, THAT crash. And I heard about those details this morning.
Yes, my brother (and me too upon hearing the scattered body pieces, I must confess) laughed as the presentation explained everything. He was always worse than me in that aspect, but we're both kinda mad.
I can't speak for him, but at least I know I kinda feel sorry for the families.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:44 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@TheSilverFox, I would normally not do this, but you have an inconsistency in your writing:
TheSilverFox wrote:One hill out of all the others. One little, indiscriminant hill, part of the series that provided for a landscape full of bumps. To an observer from a distance, they all blended together into one cohesive protrusion from the earth. Too short to be a mountain, but too tall to not be noticeable, taking up the space of the plain resting in between the valley. ... That one hill, however, held something special. It defined that hill as important, incredible, and fascinating, and rose it in prominence above all others. It towered above them as a king with his subjects, and the figure pawing its way up the hill could not help but admire the scenery around him.

Are you certain you understood what you had meant here? Even if you did, I did not. (Which means it's confusing.) Also, before I move off from this topic, repetition also seems to be a problem for you. A writer's most difficult task is to keep the reader's attention, so keep that in mind.

The rest of your post was great though - the first two poems were by far the best, while the rest showed... too much effort, as if you were trying too hard. The words you used to rhyme weren't always the best choice, and changing the type of rhyme made it seem more chaotic than organised, but the message they delivered was quite clear.

@Robusto, those three posts were excellent! Initially, the length intimidated me - almost everyone here writes long posts - but I eventually found myself at the end of Zulu's post without having realised I had already read the three posts. I definitely remembered what happened in them (in fact, the beginning of a confrontation between Saz and Darius has already begun growing in my mind), I just don't remember reading them so quickly.

@15253, your post was fantastic as well. I'll admit, I had not expected Ren to be a perfectionist, but he is a reserved character, so that's not surprising. It seems Ren is your most well-developed character yet. (Oh, and you may want to update his character page - everyone knows his name now, Ren included.)

@Tortwag, I am currently researching personality disorders. I finished Narcissim yesterday, and I'm starting on Histrionics next, but when I get to sadism, I'll mention it. ;)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:07 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@15253 finally got home, and finally read you latest post! (yes I don't always read in order, like I read Robusto's war post after all the others for instance. I'm weird like that). I like Ren's point of view and thoughts as he trains. It's always good to learn more about a character, especially since he doesn't speak much.
@AstralHunter well I'm not sure that the first one you've researched fits Twinkiel (he brags, but knows he's not the best. And hr totally admires other people more than himself. ...sometimes); I... Don't know the meaning of the second one, and do mention sadism, as I'm pretty sure THAT fits Twinkiel very much :D
I assume that means you like the post

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:24 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, Twinkiel is everything but a Narcissist. Like I said, I'm simply researching the personality disorders.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:42 pm
StupidSoup says...

@AstralHunter Thanks! Glad u liked it. I will change the page accordingly.

@TheSilverFox I will forever remember this crash as this:

CNN: OMG A PLANE CRASHED HALLELUJAH!

*Runs plane simulators for the next seven months*
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.
— "Hamlet," William Shakespeare