Eight Days a Week

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:06 am
ItsRainbowInked says...

Spoiler! :
Song # 12.

"Eight Days a Week"

He knew he was a hopeless romantic, oh yes, it was true. And that showed through how hard he fell for her. Tapping his fingers nervously against the table, Alex ran his fingers through his dark hair unconsciously as a habit, but upon noticing what he did he then proceeded to fix it with the reflection of the napkin holder. When it was satisfactory, he looked around for her. Was she here yet? He sighed. No. Not yet.

Amongst the quiet seating among the dim lit room, and the dingy colored tiled floors, he sat quietly within the extremely comfortable clothed chairs, that had arm rest and such, with a wiped clean glass table along side his seat. Various flowers, portraits and paintings were decorating the place, and small aquariums that would be within the walls of the farther back booths, were full of brightly colored and luminous fish.

A small cafe, yes, but it was simply a "at home" atmosphere. Magazines are in holders on the sides of his chair, and several waiters and waitresses would allow you to order and then you'd get up to get your drink. As cafes come and go, this was surly an every growing popular one. Newcomers and the alike would come to relax, sip a warming drink, have some company, or to simply enjoy the presence of silence and the words of their accompanied books. Alex, however, being a regular customer, was not here to read. He was here for the love of his life.

However, a head of red hair that stood out amongst blonds, brunettes and unnaturals caught his attention. He whispered her name, "Alaina," just like every other time that he saw her, his gaze would latch on til she'd turn her back, where he'd watch her ever disappearing figure walk away. She seemed to have noticed him too, and he quickly looked away, and then looked at the book he brought for show.

His face felt slightly feverish, because he swore they made eye contact. It felt somewhat ridiculous. Because he'd come here at this cafe every day she was on shift, and he'd give quick and unnoticeable glances, her distracting his mind everyday, every time. 'Hard found puppy love', his friends called it and teased. That earned them a hard hit to their shoulders. Alex did not kid around about Alaina.

It became a habit,coming to this cafe, because he couldn't imagine not being able to see her at least once a day. Maybe two, or more.

"Alex! Hey, what's shaking, bacon?" Her voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "Hm?" He had been too busy trying to keep his gaze elsewhere that he didn't even see her coming his way. 'I must look like an idiot.'

He made a sheepish smile. "Oh, uh, hey. Almost didn't see you there."

She arched a brow. "Oh? Must be pretty interesting to be looking around the cafe. Waiting for someone?" 'Yeah, you.'

"Nah. Just.. bored. Y'know?" He closed his book. It didn't matter. He didn't even know what he was reading.

She let out a small giggle. "Alright then handsome, whatever you say. The usual?"

"Yeah. That'd be nice."

"Coming on up. Just wait a bit."

He watched after her form, a small smile on his face. As of lately, he felt selfish. Because he had been wanting and hoping that she'd like him back, just expecting for it to happen. He felt as if he needed her love. And sometimes, he felt like as if she knew that he liked her too. But he wasn't too sure. Silently, he'd fantasize about her need to be loved by him was just the same as he needed hers, but, in the end, it wasn't like that, and he was still a hopeless romantic, wishing for something that might've never come.

She came back minutes later. "Here ya go. Caramel cappuccino coffee with soy milk."

"Gracious." He smiled.

"You mean 'gracias'?" It rolled off her tongue smoothly, he noted it to himself.

He laughed. "No. Just.. gracious for.." He stopped himself. 'You being here.'

"For? What?"

"Well, uh.." He thought frantically to think of something for letting a word slip. "Its just that you always bring me my order, even though I should be picking it up myself. Kind of stupid, but it sort makes me really happy, if you know what I mean.." He looked at the drink brought to him, and took a tip from the straw. It was a pretty girly drink, when he thought about it, but it relaxed him. A lot. He closed his eyes in bliss.

Upon noticing that Alaina had been quiet for quite some time, he looked back up. She didn't leave, or he would've heard her, instead, she was just.. standing there. She was looking somewhere else, so he couldn't see her face. "But, uh, sort of lazy too.." She kept silent.

"Is there something wrong?"

"What?" Her head snapped back to look at him. "Oh, nothing. You're gonna be here when I finish up my shift?"

"Why not? I got some time to kill."

"Okay then. Uhm, enjoy."

He remained silent, but waved, and then looked to the direction where she had been staring. There was a guy sitting by himself in the corner. He felt a pang to his heart. 'That wouldn't be.. No way.'

It was sort of creepy, but he always checked in with all of her friends if Alaina would be still single. Especially the ones who knew about his feelings, but that he wasn't ready to share.. or take the rejection. He was just content with seeing her, but now.. Things were more or less different. He sipped some more coffee, ignoring the other man's existence for now. Taking out a pen, and then a pocket book from his jacket, he began to write whatever came to mind. Being a freelance writer had its muse demands, after all.

It turned 4 in the afternoon. He'd written about 3 romantic poems, 1 sonata -- just for fun (as he tried to recall what notes from his earlier childhood days), a small children's rhyme that he was to write for his collection to publish, and a single epic dedicated to Alaina. Not that bad for about 3 hours of waiting. He could hear the click-clacking of Alaina's shoes come closer to his table.

"My shift's over." He glanced up to see her beautiful face. So slender, and round. Eyes as pretty as the moon -- a gray silver. But when he thought about it, he'd love her even if she turned old, and ugly, and fat. Because she's still be ever so beautiful in his eyes, no matter what.

"Oh, alright then." Getting up from his chair, the drink container long having been thrown into the trash, a blurry thing caught his attention. He glanced towards the window. "Its raining.." The drops of rain had slid down, and it seemed pretty light, but had gotten slightly heavier with each passing minute.

"Oh, yeah." She shrugged it off. "I'll be fine."

He gave her his jacket anyway, not hearing ay protests. "It's a pretty long way from your home, isn't it? I noticed that you didn't have your car in the parking lot." He hoped that she wouldn't ask as to how he'd know that. But she never did ask.
Alaina seemed to have hesitated, but she put it on anyway as they walked out the door together, with the rain falling down from the sky softly. He looked at her with small quick peeks, but had glanced away when she looked at him to start conversation."So. Let's play a game."

"What kind of a game?" He looked at her now, trying to make it seem as if he wasn't looking at her the entire walk they had.

"You know. A game. Just to make this walk a bit interesting." He probably should've have started some conversation.. She thought it was boring!

Alex gave himself a mental smack. He smiled on the outside. "What do you propose then?"

She grinned. "Okay, how about.. opinions of other people? I find it nice to express ourselves."

"Of course. Would you like to start?"

"Oh, would I. How about.. your best friend." She gave a slight eye roll.

"Oh that's simple. He's simply a very good close friend."

"My brother is so annoying though."

".. Well, he could be a bit too overboard.." He remembered when he accidentally blurted out about his extreme crush on Alaina when drunk. Luke heard it, and he wasn't too pleased. But they were both drunk, so neither (in Luke's case, actually. Such a horrible memory he had indeed.) remembered, just the battle scars and bruises from exchanging fists. Luke was his best friend, but he freaked out at the wrong and over many things. Maybe it was why he was still friends with him, so they could have very manly(cough, cough) like qualities together.

"Okay.. How about.. me?" She smiled, and then pointed an index finger to herself. He found it very cute.

"U-uhh.."

As she was about to say something, among the crowd of other strangers, where they too were waiting to cross the street, a car passed by, its windows down, and blaring from the radio, was a song that he swore fit every thought and every ounce of love he had for the beautiful girl along side him. This tune he had heard often being played softly within their cafe. He supposed that the name of it was inspired by this love rock song.
".. Ooh, I need your love babe, guess you know it's true. Hope you need my love babe, just like I need you ooh."

They looked at each other, a sort of quiet, and the traffic light changed. The other people began walking, leaving the two of a star-struck couple in the silence. He knew that song very well. However, it would seem that Alaina knew it even better, and as she sang the next lyrics, she seemed to have the same shudder that went up each other's spines.

"Hold me, love me.. Hold me, love me.. I ain't got nothin' but love babe.. Eight days a week." The atmosphere began a bit sappy, and he knew it, but he could not stop what the typical romance novel cliches that were coming his way into this scene. This quiet, and anxious filled scene, where his little black book would've burned through his clothes, proclaiming his love.

'And I could love you for eight days a week, but it would still not be enough.. ' he let the cheesy thought settle in his mind, as he sang softly to her the next lyrics. "Love you ev'ryday girl, always on my mind.. One thing I can say girl, love you all the time." Perhaps, she would get the message as this was his answer to their small little game.

He watched as she looked at him, her face seemed flushed compared to the paleness it emitted from the damp rainwater air surrounding them, and through the hopeless romantic's eyes, time slowed for the two of them, and the people who had to keep walking around them, shielding away their eyes from this small blossom of innocence, did he hoped ever harder. She whispered, "Hold me.. love me.. hold me.. love me.. I ain't got nothin' but love, babe.. eight.. days a week.."

He felt a little hurt for her to have to continue the song, but somewhere else in his mind, he knew where this could've been going. He leaned in a little closer, and he wasn't so sure anymore, for he could see her lean in a bit too. "Eight days a week.. I love you," he gulped slightly when she widen her eyes a bit, but continued. Eight days a week is not enough to show I care.."

To his surprise, they both whispered the next lyrics, and the distance between lip and lip was ever closer. "Ooh, I need your love babe.. Guess you know it's true.. Hope you need my love babe.. just..."

The distance between their lips closed, and their hands wrapped around the other, holding each other. Alex prayed, and wished, as hard as he could in his childish demeanor full of unbroken dreams; that this moment would not end, and that it was simply not a dream, or a fantasy, or a lie. And he hoped, that she would've thought so too.

Just like I need you..

Sing Me a Story Contest Entry.

Song 12 and it's lyrics if you're curious to know:
Spoiler! :
"Eight Days a Week" -- The Beatles
Ooh I need your love babe,
Guess you know it's true.
Hope you need my love babe,
Just like I need you,Ooo.

Hold me, love me,
hold me, love me.
I ain't got nothin' but love babe,
Eight days a week.

Love you ev'ry day girl,
Always on my mind.
One thing I can say girl,
Love you all the time,ooh

Hold me, love me,
hold me, love me.
I ain't got nothin' but love girl,
Eight days a week.

Eight days a week
I love you.
Eight days a week
Is not enough to show I care.

Ooh I need your love babe,
Guess you know it's true.
Hope you need my love babe,
Just like I need you.

Hold me, love me,
hold me, love me.
Eight days a week.

Eight days a week
I love you.
Eight days a week
Is not enough to show I care.

Love you ev'ry day girl,
Always on my mind.
One thing I can say girl,
Love you all the time.

Hold me, love me,
hold me, love me.
Eight days a week,
Eight days a week,
Eight days a week.

A/n: I have to apologize for making it a lot like a song-fic.. But I had difficulty incorporating the lyrics' elements into it without putting some sort of darkness into it.. But this song is pure hearted.. so I must make this story (as short as it is), fluffy, sappy and everything else non-dark! .. That didn't make sense.

But, I enjoyed writing it.. Reminds me of several things. Was thinking about putting another song into it.. But nah. Too much work. .. No need for more sappiness.

Would love feedback, thanks.

~ItsRainbowInked
I T S R A I N B O W I N K E D

Team Conjunction! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:31 am
Flyingchaos says...

A small cafe, yes, but it was simply a "at home" atmosphere. Magazines are in holders on the sides of his chair, and several waiters and waitresses would allow you to order and then you'd get up to get your drink. As cafes come and go, this was surly an every growing popular one. Newcomers and the alike would come to relax, sip a warming drink, have some company, or to simply enjoy the presence of silence and the words of their accompanied books. Alex, however, being a regular customer, was not here to read. He was here for the love of his life.

Woow! I like the way you mange to make me feel like i'm actually there!
I can almost smell the atmosphere! It's very detailed and lovely :D
- Good work and I will review your future work bud :D
Oh, keep and writting!

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 pm
PixieStix says...

Uhhh... I love this. Its really discriptive... And that boy you are talking about is very drrreaaamyyy... ok and so I have no bad things about this, it's great!

~Pixels!~
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:36 am
hudz96 says...

Aww i loved it... the whole time you had me on the verge of nearly accepting a bad fate.... and then boom, its awesome. :D
Because usually you can tell when something is about to happen... in this one you cant, i liked it alot. Keep it up
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
— Mark Twain