Young Writers Society

Signed, the Universe

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:01 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Spoiler! :
WISTERIAAAAA!!!!!!AHHHHHSHUXIWIW Your thread your thread your thread! First of all, the idea of using the solar system and the constellations as inspiration for poetry- genius, I tell you, absolute GENIUS. Because of this, all your celestial themes and imagery stand out so much, and have so much meaning assigned to them depending on which planet/ other entity's perspective this reads from
- simply put, your thread is beautiful and incandescent and utterly breathtaking. Some of my favorite lines -
to sublimate into something tolerable.
My clothes are made of ice,
and I have forgotten what my mother looks like

I do handstands for her across the orbital plane,
but she never spares a glance my way.
My hands hurt.

my saccharine daydream,
my glorious escape,

two hundred years is serrated agony
when it’s keeping me away from you.
I will gladly sit and let the time pass by,
but I will be bleeding through every second.

and the most gorgeous color
is blood spilled for others.

But my hate doesn’t matter,
not when you are the stars and I am a ghost,
not when you are something beautiful,
and I am something rotting away.

Spectacular work, wist <33333
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon May 01, 2023 7:17 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Spoiler! :
SO many of these just make me pause and re-read. Some of my favorites are "Letter to my mother" and everything in "Can we talk about how / shooting stars are just painful deaths" Ahhh! There's also something really heart-aching about the letter between brothers, I love a poem that's in conversation with another poem - and it feels like a lot of your poems are written that way, where they're all speaking to each other / making plays and rifts off similar themes. It's also really commendable that you were able to find so many unique angles to talk about celestial imagery in here. There's an earnest fierceness to your poetry. Wonderful job this month W, I enjoyed the read!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

"The rules of capitalization are so unfair to the words in the middle of a sentence."
— John Green, Paper Towns