Young Writers Society

BLESS THE CIRCLE OF LIFE [but don't dare speak of the dead]

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:48 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

11. angel's sway
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:49 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:50 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

12. dishwashing made cruelty
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:51 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:52 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

13. DREAM BOY DAISY
Last edited by Euphory on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:53 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:55 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

14. death/chase chase/death

Spoiler! :
i do not know how to *title* but basically this is supposed to read as "death chase" or "chase death" and not. chase chase or death death. AH-

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:39 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:40 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

15. love, hate, then nothing.

70 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:25 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:25 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

16. go down, in rue

70 Reviews

Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:32 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

70 Reviews

Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:33 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

17. the soul is but a room with crumbling wallpaper

Plain text version:
Spoiler! :
this is what i have learnt, dear - that the soul is but a room with crumbling wallpaper. my room is empty, except for me. when i talk to the walls, they echo back your name.

your room has fairies, all packaged wing luminescence and baby feet. why, i hear you hold tea parties together, 22:22, on the dot, everyday. one can only wonder if you hold the spirit of the universe inside of you too.

and yet, you don't know why i grow out my nails. when they come of age, i will sharpen them to fine points, then pierce them into the mottled skin of my back. i will dig twin trenches into either side of my vertebral column, like gaping gutters of flesh. the skin there, it will grow back with feathers.

for now, i practice by clawing at my wallpaper. biscuit paint chips drop to the floor as my nails drill through wet grime and weathered paper.

i promise you it will be worth it, i promise i will rip out all my wallpaper raw and lay it out as tablecloth for all the tea parties we will have.

i promise you there are feathers nestled under the bloodied bones of my spine. this is all so i can become one of your fairies after all, to live inside you the way you live inside me, through my wildest dreams and softest aches.

this is what i have learnt, dear - that i would ruin my soul to make a home out of yours.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:03 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Spoiler! :

God, I just love your metaphors about mundane tasks. They are FLAWLESS.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:55 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

I'm back in here for a final comment (sorry for the double post, but not really sorry) to reiterate how much I enjoyed reading your thread this year. by far, one of my all time favorite NaPo threads of all time. Excellent work, I loved reading these.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley