465 Reviews

Reviews: 465
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:17 am
View Likes
starlitmind says...

viii. thermal shock

Spoiler! :
@SilverNight AHHH MY BEAUTIFUL NAPO BUDDY <3333

HAHA thank you for the compliments on my title, it's my proudest creation :')

AHHHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING SUCH A TOUCHING COMMENT <333 I really appreciate all of the encouragement, you are so absolutely wonderful <333 thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it really means A LOT to me c: YOU ARE AWESOME HEHEHE <333333333

AWWW YOU ARE JUST TOO SWEET!!!!! I'M PROUD OF YOU TOO, LOVE YOU TOO!!! ^_^ <3 <3 <3 <3
.--. --- - .- - ---

465 Reviews

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:33 am
View Likes
starlitmind says...

ix. i can't title so hi here's a heart <3

Spoiler! :
NOT FEELING THE NAPO TODAY EITHER BUT IT'S OKAY :) <3
.--. --- - .- - ---

465 Reviews

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:51 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Oh man, these last few poems are just so tragic <3 I love how haunting the imagery is, though, from the "mangled bodies" of the birds to the finger-counting in the dark at night. A <3 also makes a perfectly valid title, star - you're doing fantabulous <333
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

465 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:25 pm
View Likes
starlitmind says...

xi. there's too much light here

Spoiler! :
@Liminality AHHHHHH LIM, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LEAVING SUCH A LOVELY COMMENT!!! ^_^ It means a lot to me, and I super appreciate you <333 YOU'RE DOING FANTABULOUS TOO AHHHHHH <333333333
.--. --- - .- - ---

465 Reviews

465 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:49 pm
View Likes
starlitmind says...

xiii. i saw a potato and it looked lonely so i gave it a hug

Spoiler! :
I have given up on titles, so let's see what kind of crazy things I can come up with haha xD
.--. --- - .- - ---

465 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:38 am
View Likes
starlitmind says...

enjoy this wonderful haiku

hello. i give up.
april is busy and there
is too much to do.

HAHA I'll try to write something when I feel like it, whenever that may be, but a poem a day is just too tough right now xD sooo my new goal is to write 15 poems, woohoo! c: also, potato.

omg but I think this is my strongest work yet :)
.--. --- - .- - ---

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:53 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Hiya star!! ^-^ Okie I am forcing my mashed potato brain to come up with a comment worthy of your beautiful NaPo thread <3 Oop and sorry this is so late; I've been getting lazy with comments lately >.> But I wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my thread near the beginning of NaPo-- I really appreciated it!! :DDD So, on to the com(pli)ments:

I love the way each of your poems conveys so much emotion and ahhh the imagery is just so :OOO and :DDD and sometimes :'))) (I have no words to adequately describe it xD) And the visuals of your poems, like the colored backgrounds and doodles on the sides, make your poems so ooohh and yet they're still easy to read!! (meaning the backgrounds aren't distracting or anything; by no means are your poems easy to read as in simple to understand xD which I think is the mark of a great poet c:)
And bahaha XD can I just say that your xiii title made me laugh so hard? Yes, everyone should always hug lonely-looking potatoes XDDD
So, overall thoughts: YOUR POETRY IS AMAZING :DDD

I hope April gets less busy for you soon, star!! <33 Good luck with all you have to do, and I look forward to reading more of your poems!!! ^-^

p.s. potato ;)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:20 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

Hiiii @starlitmind <3333333333333333 just dropping a quick comment over here ^^

Spoiler! :

NOTE: VERY LARGE REVIEW, there is absolutely no need to reply, reading it is enough and I hope it makes you happy and was helpful as well! <3<3<3<3<3<3

STARRRRRRRRR AAAAAAAAAAAA
CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS YOUR POETRY PLEASE because OH MY GOSH AM I AWE-STRUCKKKKKKKKKK
I love love love love LOVE your writing style SO MUCH and when I see all these poems, I can't help but just collapse out of how much your poetry takes my breath awayyyyyy <33333333

This thread is so cohesive, like, all the themes keep reoccuring throughout your poetry, like emptiness, a lot of descriptions of physical pain, a lot of longing, stars and the moon, yet the poems don't get too repeptitive and each one contains a lot of heart, feelings, effort and just AAAAHHH <333333333

And honestly, I GET YOU WITH THE TITLE STRUGGLES AKDKEKEKE <33333 I'm so sorry you had a hard time with it BUT OMG YOU ARE SO INSPIRATIONAL the fact that you didn't let it stop you from posting on your thread and you used all these fun titles, like the one with chawhat and the other with hugging a potato XDDDDD I was really impressed by your improvisation and perseverance and I really think you should be feeling good about yourself for that <33333333

And yes, that final haiku is a total masterpiece <3 it's exactly what I would use to describe what happened to my NaPo thread XDDDDD

AND AAAAA I just wanted to talk about some of my favourite poems from your thread so, let's go~

iii. self destruction
Spoiler! :
oh gosh this one had my heart crumpling kskdkcodkkd <\3333
and maybe that's why when i throw darts at the stars and watch them explode violently into thousands of untouched dreams so the moon has only me to look at, i feel my ribcage burst like a pipe as emptiness floods my chest, drowns my lungs, and i choke. i am running out of bandaids, but the moon still has not learnt my name.

That entire description is just AAA, the use of extreme words, strong verbs, and the fact that the you did all that just for the moon to learn your name IXKEKEPEOE AAA MY CHEST TIGHTENED SO HARD AT THAT LAST LINEEEEEEE <\33333333

I really adore your use of such strong language and that, coupled with heartbreaking lines and emotion as tragic as that, really made me feel x1000 <33333

v. one hundred eighteen is too big of a difference
Spoiler! :
this one had me in tears as well <\3 the figurative language you use in this one really made the message of the poem come through in such a soul-crushingly beautiful wave of emotion, my entire being can't handle all this beauty and pain at once <33333 and that speaks volumes on how skilled you are at your craft, to make something like this <333333

My favourite bits of imagery from this:
barefoot dreams tiptoe across my mind
and i scrape them out with my fingernails,
leaving scratches that swell every time

i scribble flickering wishes on crumpled,
tear stained sheets of music, fold them
into paper boats without sails

<\333333

vii. i googled if the moon was ugly and chawhat was totally judging me
Spoiler! :
this title XDDDDDDDDD CHAWHAT WHYYYYYYY XD T_T
but ah in all seriousness, this poem.
this poem.

I connected with this poem on a spiritual level and maybe that's why I'm biased towards it, but apart from my personal thoughts, the word choice in this poem had me combusting <33333 THE WAYYY YOU DESCRIBE THE MOON LIKE AAAAAAAAAAA

to see the murky basaltic plains
that scar your body and blotch
your milky skin, those ridges
that wrinkle your regolith
and mar your rocky surface,
or the cracks in your crust

AAHHHJDDHDJDJEKMSKDEK <3333333333 phenomenal, that stanza, phenomenal

And the meaning of the poem kzismsk <\33333 I personally interpreted it as a sort of metaphor for people? Like how some people are so wonderful and you're happy around them but then you get closer with them and you see their flaws and you're not sure if you even know them so well anymore and you don't want to hurt them and you don't want to get hurt just- KKskslsldodpspssmsk <\3 it was brilliant of you to show that concept with the moon as the subject aa <333333

xii. what's a title
Spoiler! :
that title is a mood XDDDDDDDDD my heart goes out to you XD

AND OH MY GOSH THIS POEM HAS MY HEART TOO BECAUSE AAAAAAA T_T my soul can't handle all these well-crafted and utterly painful descriptions <3333333 which is a good thing, because oh my goah star, the vocab you use and the way you word all the sentences and the emotion JCMDDJ I FEEL LIKE I'M REPEATING MYSELF BUT IT'S JUST AAAAAA <3333333
THE IMAGERY IN THIS WAS ASTOUNDING the first stanza was a good enough opening, but then the second stanza builds on the concept ofdrowning from the inside and elevates it to an extreme so vividly described by you that I could feel it in my body and my mind aaaaa <3333333 and third stanza had the same effect on me, and then when that last line got cut off and it's like the narrator died and I just felt AJDMDJRKDKSKSSLWOEOEE my heart broke <\333333333

Seriously, you should be so in awe of yourself and so proud of yourself because your poems had a physical impact on me and that's not easy to do at all <3333333 AAAA I want to quote every line from that poem here <333333

some of my favourite lines from some poems
Spoiler! :

i have rehearsed my funeral
too many times to be afraid
of what lies six feet under
loose earth

THE ENTIRETY OF ii. First/third Quarter

can i be a sunflower that blooms
in the moonlight? i have found
that the dark doesn't hurt my eyes
as much, and maybe then i'll be able to
grow towards the sky without being afraid
of burning my petals

how many birds need
to crash and die
by the blades of a windmill
for it to stop spinning?

stuck somewhere between
alluring darkness and
velvet stuffed dreams

but these stars are sticking to my skin,
and no matter how much i try
to shake them off,
they cling to the lines of my palm
and bury themselves under my fingernails
and nest on my eyelashes

Spoiler! :
And that's about it haha XD I'm so sorry for the length, and I hope it's helpful to you <3333333 I wish you all the best on your next poem or venture, and I'm sending over lots of love, luck, strength, time, energy, happiness, and everything you want <3333333333 have a marvelous day or night, thank you for sharing, and keep growing <33333
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

465 Reviews

Sat May 01, 2021 1:15 am
View Likes
starlitmind says...

lol I wanted to write two more poems to get 15 but I failed at that too oops

@Euphoria8 @Spearmint, you two are beautiful and I promise I'll respond when I get the chance, I am not ignoring you <3

Edit: WHY DID I MAKE SO MANY SPELLING MISTAKES
Last edited by starlitmind on Sat May 01, 2021 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
.--. --- - .- - ---

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat May 01, 2021 1:44 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

@starlitmind OMG STARRR <333333 you didn't fail, the fact that you wrote 13 poems is more than an achievement, what you've done is more than enough, please don't feel too bad ^^ <33333 13 is better than 12, 12 is better than 10 and 10 is better than 0, so YAYYY GO YOU! <3333333

And to be honest, even if you think you failed, sometimes, it's okay to fail and you are still the same awesome person nonetheless <3333333

And please, don't worry about me thinking you're ignoring me, you are beautiful too and I won't mind whether you reply or not <3
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat May 01, 2021 2:10 am
View Likes
MeherazulAzim16 says...

star, this is such a beautiful thread! that's it, i'm bookmarking it. something tells me i'll want to come back to this. i'm specially in love with XI. There's Too Much Light in Here. The imagery is just... it just pops, it's so good. Almost too real. Also, I love the way it ends. XII too! sorry if my thoughts are too messy in here. also, i hope you don't feel bad that you couldn't reach the goal of 15. i found this thread like really late but it didn't take me long to be in awe of it. quality over quantity, right? :D
"We Are Groot."
— Groot

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket