View Likes
Lib says...

Alright, thank you very much! <3
*insert quirky signature here*

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:51 am
View Likes
SmudgeMudge says...

@alliyah Thank you so much that means a lot truly thank you!
"Have a nice day! :D"

- SmudgeMudge

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:39 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Week One Accomplished, Almost!

Poetry Prompt Contest: Week 1

Okay we've made it a week into NaPo! Anyone up to a casual poetry prompt driven contest? I'll give 500 points to the best "jammified poem" this week that makes usage of rhyme in some way.

To participate:
> Your poem must mention jam or jelly in some way, the theme does not have to be jam / jelly though.
> Your poem must use rhyme in some way.
> You must post a link to your poem right here .
> Your poem is due by the end of the day April 11th.
> Watch out for more casual poetry contests during NaPo! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:01 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

So yesterday I wrote three poems, all of which I'm going to post for NaPo. Do they count as a poem a day, or not because I wrote them all on the same day?
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:40 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

@MomoMajesty each poem counts as a separate poem no matter when during NaPo you write it! If you were doing a Team Tortoise sort of event this month, that would be different (I'm not sure what poetry events Pcrew is hosting as part of NaPo), but the point of NaPo is just to get 30 poems in 30 days whether you write on a day or a lot in one day throughout the month!

105 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:47 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

@BluesClues Thank you!
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

1227 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:01 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

@MomoMajesty

We actually have two separate contests that you can refer to in the Badge / Information thread. It is possible to earn both.

NaPo Completion -> You need 30 poems to earn, it doesn't matter when in April they are posted as long as there are at least 30 numbered poems by the end. If you wrote 30 poems in one day and none for the rest of the month, you could still earn this.

NaPo Poem A Day -> This badge you can only earn for posting a poem every day in your thread. So if you post two Thursday, none Friday, one Saturday -> then you don't get the badge. We allow some leniency if you miss up to two days total. But you need to end with at least 30 and the majority of your poems must be posted on the right day. You can of course post extra but the extra ones do not count towards "Poem A Day" just like an extra review in Team Tortoise would not count for the following day. If you wrote 30 poems in one day and none for the rest of the month you would not earn this.

Hopefully that makes sense -> please check out the Badge Information thread for details.

In addition, this year we are really emphasizing participation at every level! So it is just as valid to participate in NaPo by writing 5 poems as it is by writing 60 - there's different badges for different types of participation but the point of NaPo is to write and enjoy poetry in community together during the month of April. :)

105 Reviews

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

Ah okay thanks alliyah!

Reviews: 1
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:57 pm
View Likes
PoetryBot says...

BEEP BOOP BOP

Your friendly PoetryBot is here to tell you that we have made it one third of the way through National Poetry Month! Can your data systems believe it? Time flies when you're having fun!

There is still plenty of time to get involved in the poetry festivities if you haven't had a chance yet, and if you're right on track with your goals, congratulations you've totally got this! Keep up the great work!

Here's a little reminder / encouragement for those who need it:

And lastly here's some free poetry prompts shamelessly stolen from a recent poetry jam to keep you going!
Spoiler! :
> describe something that shouldn't be dizzy as dizzy; go from there (ie. lilacs, clouds, tv-sets) etc.

> love letter to __________ (an object near you or in your living room)

> a list poem that doesn't count chronologically

> an abecedarian (ie. first line starts with A, 2nd line starts with B, third line starts with C)... etc.

You Can Do This. You are a poet.

1227 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:49 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

We've made it through two weeks worth of jam jars!

Looking for your next #NaPo Prompt / Inspiration / Motivation?

here's the Mini NaPo Contest entries are due April 21 information below!

Spoiler! :
alliyah wrote:

Mini Contest 2

alliyah wrote:
Poetry Prompt Contest: 2

For this week's casual poetry prompt contest you are challenged to do some sort of audio poem! :) Last year we did a whole thread of spoken word-type poems and you can go for that, or just make a poem that's fun to read out loud! Winner will get 500 points!

Tips: Rhyme & Sound Devices are your friends! As well as ... dramatic pauses! :D I definitely recommend using vocaroo too as an easy way to record.

To participate:
> Poem should be written in April.
> Poem needs to be posted by the end of the day April 21.
> Post a link to your poem here or as a comment here.

Good luck! Can't wait to read / see your next poem!

Link to original comment

1227 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:53 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

We're Halfway Through NaPo!

National Poetry Writing Month has been going for half a month already! That's 15 Jam Jars Spent, and 15 Jam Jars Left! The halfway point of the month is an excellent time to do a quick #NaPoCheckIn !

How are your #NaPoGoals going?

Are you right on track? Need to pick up the pace? Is there something you want to add to your goal list? Or is it time to revise your battle strategies? No shame in re-working your goals to work best for what you want to get out of NaPo! And with half a month left you still have plenty of time to reasonably get to 30 or 15 (even if you haven't written a poem so far!)

Have you started working on claiming your badges / participating in the #NaPo Contests?

Here are the Badges Available this year! Did you know there's one for completing just 5 poems and also one for commenting 10 times in the NaPo threads we even have one for participating in those fun Poetry Jams!
Spoiler! :

* Posting 30 poems in your NaPo thread
* Posting 15 poems in your NaPo thread
* Posting 5 poems in your NaPo thread
* Posting 1 poem every day during April
* Commenting 30 times in the NaPo threads (unique comment/threads)
* Commenting 10 times in the NaPo threads (unique comment/threads)
* Attending 5 Poetry Jams (& collecting links)
* Click this link to learn more

Are you running out of #NaPo steam?

About halfway through the month it can be easy to run a little short on motivation and ideas! Don't forget we have some resources available to hopefully help you out! There's the Mini NaPo Contest for weekly little contest prompts, there are over 100 prompts right here, and if you want to write with others (a great way to generate some ideas and renew your napo hype) be sure to subscribe to the Poetry Jam Club for all the notices on Poetry Jams that are open. :)

Good luck for the rest of the month NaPo Poets! You can do this!

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:02 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

April Poetry Readers Discussion

If you're looking for some poetry discussion this NaPo, you don't want to miss out on this month's Poetry Readers discussion! We'll be looking at a fun limerick by Edward Lear and having a chill conversation about our impression of the poem and its different aspects, so stop on by if that sounds like your jam!

Eddie wrote:There was an Old Man with a beard,
Who said, "It is just as I feared!—
Two Owls and a Hen, four Larks and a Wren,
Have all built their nests in my beard.

A link to a WFP for the discussion is posted on the club wall a couple minutes before the discussion, which will be on

!
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

1227 Reviews

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:13 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

AHHHHH JUST Five Jam Jars Left!!

Our Poetry Month is coming to a close, and it's time to get those last few poems in! But I believe you can do it!

If you haven't started up your post to claim your badges, don't forget to do so sometime before May 5 -> remember there are many badges available (like one for writing just 5 poems!) but you might miss your opportunity to claim the badge if you don't make a post in the Badge Thread. More Information at this link

If you haven't gotten as many poems in as you've wanted to this month here's some things to consider
1) why not keep posting in May?
2) you could still write a really excellent poem in the last 5 days here
3) give yourself a pat on the back for just attempting to tackle NaPo and pushing yourself to try something fun and creative!
4) Are you stuck and need a poetry prompt? Ask for a poetry prompt on your wall, and I'm sure you'd find people willing to offer you suggestions! :)

Either way whether you've exceeded all of your goals or are still chasing them, it's been great to be alongside in this journey with you so far, and best of luck as you finish out April strong!

~ poetry pep talk over ~

1227 Reviews

Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:50 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

ONE JAM JAR LEFT

Our month of poetry fun is wrapping up! Thank you for joining us this month! As you wrap up your poetry writing don't forget to go claim your badges in the Badge Info center, chances are there's at least one you earned this month. :) Also it's a great help if your poems are numbered or if you have a table of contents so we can quickly count your poems, if you have questions comment here or reach out to your local poetry moderator!

Last minute prompt? My cinquain contest is still open for entries: Mini NaPo Contests

Congratulations everyone! Thanks for sharing your poetry!

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
— T.S. Eliot