590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Katteex: Government shade is something I definitely need to do more of. :P

@PrincessInk: Thanks. <3

@mckaylaam: That sucks. :( I hope you're staying safe!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Edit: As of December 22nd, 2020, all of the poems in this thread have been edited out. They all appear in a poetry book I'm self-publishing, so I thought it would be best to take them down from the site. Thank you to everyone who read the poems as they came out, and I hope you enjoy any future poems I write for future NaPo challenges!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:09 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Edit: As of December 22nd, 2020, all of the poems in this thread have been edited out. They all appear in a poetry book I'm self-publishing, so I thought it would be best to take them down from the site. Thank you to everyone who read the poems as they came out, and I hope you enjoy any future poems I write for future NaPo challenges!
mage

queer and here.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:01 am
View Likes
mckaylaam says...

"remnants" and "happily ever after" are great poems! My favorite part of "remnants" was the first stanza, I really felt that I could relate to it.
i let myself forget
about the to-do list
i carefully typed out
yesterday morning

Additionally, I really liked your last stanza in "happily ever after" when you wrote about seeing yourself in sad characters and hoping that those characters get their happily ever after. The whole poem was definitely a lovely piece on hope and tragedies.

--
"And I love the thought of being with you,
or maybe it's the thought of not being so alone."

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:59 pm
View Likes
AvantCoffee says...

Oh my gosh I love how your Day 5 remnants poem evolves—the last two stanzas turn the poem smoothly towards a direction I didn't expect, and I really felt something by the end of reading it. <3 I love how you go from describing the old clothes so normally to describing how abnormal you've seemingly become, which I found was such an effective comparison!

(Aah I also really like your happily ever after poem after reading it just now <3)

You're doing great, Mage!!! c: I'm really loving the theme you've chosen this year, and I'm excited to see more of your poems!!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks for the compliments, @mckaylaam and @AvantCoffee! I'm really glad that you're enjoying my poems so far.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

mage

queer and here.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:08 pm
View Likes
Hkumar says...

Oh your poem sisyphus is so amazing. Right now I am also stuck with a lot of assignments and I can feel those words that you are saying here.
tears prick at the edges
of my eyes,
but i pretend that i am
not fazed by defeat--
even when i struggle to
get back to my feet.

Again, I can see myself in this position now.
Great work! Keep writing like this <3
I only put my signature on big cheques.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 am
View Likes
mckaylaam says...

gathering my words
into my trembling arms,
i shape them into
a poor excuse for an answer
and once again
try to answer
this impossible
homework assignment.

I can definitely relate to this at the moment, since I'm struggling with having to do multiple discussion board assignments for some of my classes. Some of the assignments are easier, but other ones are harder for me and I end up scrapping so much of what I write. Great work, though, you're making good progress :)

--
"And I love the thought of being with you,
or maybe it's the thought of not being so alone."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Hkumar and @mckaylaam, I'm glad you like my poem, but I'm sorry it's relatable to both of you - I hope your assignments get easier soon!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:46 am
View Likes
kattee says...

Spoiler! :
I just want to say that you're amazing to be able to write poems every single day. I --

I'm sorry for being inactive! So many things happened these past few days. I really really promise that I'd be more active !!

Now, the overused tropes one was striking. People downplay novels, poems, etc. because they're cliche, but I think a cliche story grounds it. It's humane so that's why it happens a lot.

and with the "home" poem, I feel you. It's so scary to open one's heart because the possibility of being disappointed or hurt is there. :( I can empathize with this one, especially with what's happening recently.

If you want some sweet reviews to your poems, short stories, and essays, come by Katteelogue.

Have a lovely day❤️

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:13 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Don't worry about it, @Katteex! And thanks for the compliments. :)
mage

queer and here.

Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins