Young Writers Society

prolific nonsense

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed May 01, 2019 3:31 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Second attempt from April 24. Has some okay bits but got longer than I wanted it and feels like two or even three poems jammed together. The end isn't what I want at all, I don't think.
poem 3.png

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:34 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

An especially angsty night at Doctor in the House on April 29, which is entirely my own fault because I should've known better than to work on this particular thread of poetry while I was there. Quote at the top is the title of @LordStar's NaPo thread, which I increasingly repeated to myself over the course of the night when writing got especially difficult. Gave up on this one early and worked on an essay for a while instead.

(Completed the essay then and there, much to my delight and amazement. Thank you, Past Me.)
poem 4.png
poem 4.png (6.33 KiB) Viewed 553 times

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:35 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

First real attempt from April 29. Took off my glasses because I thought not being able to see the words would make them easier to get out, which was only partially true.
poem 5.png

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:36 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

April 29. Tried to return to the messy-office poem. Probably a bit better than before but still not doing it for me.
poem 6.png

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:38 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

April 29. Writing about what I really needed to but not successfully. This was the one where I burst into tears, hid out in a room no one uses, and then had to stop writing for the night. Luckily, my favorite professor tried to cheer me up with information about cooking, and one of my best friends here gave me plenty of hugs and hot chocolate and accepted my scribbled note about what was wrong (because I can't bring myself to talk aloud about it). April's last attempt at poetry.
poem 7.png

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 06, 2019 8:41 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

post-napo poems

Because apparently I'm doing that now??? Which I guess means we can call this NaPo an unqualified success regardless of my count, because I flexed my poetry muscles and actually worked them out enough to want to keep going after April has ended.

(It might help that I've hardly worked on fiction at all this semester due to school, but we all know I'll give up fiction when I'm dead.)

Anyway, this first one is based on my capstone.
[POEM DELETED FOR SUBMISSION PURPOSES]

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 07, 2019 2:07 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Here's a not-sideways version. Scribbled out a couple hours before Doctor in the House on May 6. Based loosely on an idea from my capstone, in which adults can still grow and change through learning from children.

[POEM DELETED FOR SUBMISSION PURPOSES]

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 07, 2019 2:13 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

A rewrite of last Monday's anguished attempts, rewritten/revised and then revised again before Doctor in the House on May 6. I think last week's suckage helped me work through some of the grief, although some of the other poems I attempted that day are a bit tougher and might not have gone so smoothly in rewrites. Anyway, I worked on this one this evening without getting upset, and this is closer to what I wanted it to be.

Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan