Supporter

Reviews: 1735

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:04 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Not a NaPo poem, but I thought I'd post this anyway to show what I've done in preparation for April. This was an abandoned poem I found in one of my old journals and used for @alliyah and @Aley's Poetry Reviewing Workshop.

The original date on it is August 6, either 2016 or 2017. The workshop/publication date is March 16, 2019. You can see the published version here.
Attachments
they told me (they never told me).png
they told me (they never told me).png (12.96 KiB) Viewed 615 times

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:15 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Poem 1: April 1

Two versions written hastily yesterday night. It was gonna be longer, but then I wrote it and went, "Nah." This is the version @alliyah and I decided on as the best.

[POEM DELETED FOR SUBMISSION PURPOSES]

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:43 am
View Likes
Cadi says...

Ooh, I love poem #1! That whole "not really an adult" feeling, caught in such a good image.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:38 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Thank ❤ I almost feel like I could cut the last two lines and let the image stand on its own, but idk.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:41 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Poem 2: April 8

Hastily composed in the grass outside of Campus Ministry. Title courtesy of @alliyah, but thanks to @LordStar for brainstorming titles with me as well. <3
Attachments
poem.png
poem.png (11.43 KiB) Viewed 519 times

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:14 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Hey Blue! Wanted to stop by and say I really like both of these poems - the first has a lot of emotions packed in a few short lines, and number two does a great job of portraying someone's love for another. Excited to see what comes next!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:27 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Thank, @fraey! I feel,,,weirdly productive this NaPo??? Like I only have two completed(ish) poems so far, but it's only 9 days in and I'm halfway to my goal, and I have three more poems that are either started or have a draft done but need revision, and I have vague ideas for probably four other poems. I don't know if I'll go over my four-poem goal, but last year at this time I didn't have so much as an idea for a single poem.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:57 pm
View Likes
manilla says...

these poems are so genuine, simple, yet sweet!
Pronouns: she/they

From the wild manila folder of YWS's office.

When the last tree has fallen
And the rivers are poisoned
You cannot eat money

I do reviews: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=108365

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:25 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

the other things I wrote in april

Strictly speaking, I did not meet my four-poem goal for this NaPoWriMo: I completed two poems to my own satisfaction, wrote down titles or single lines for many more, and angsted heartily over a probable series that never materialized to my own satisfaction.

The posts below are incomplete or rejected attempts at poetry, complete with crossings-out, additional ideas in the margins, and whatever angsty thoughts I had while writing. I did not include the titles/single lines if I never wrote any more for that particular idea.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:26 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Started April 2 during the dress rehearsal for the BCAN Arts Showcase, because there was a magician in the line-up. A few half-hearted attempts were made to take this one somewhere.
poem 1.png
poem 1.png (9.81 KiB) Viewed 469 times

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:27 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Written during class on April 8, when I was sitting there listening to the birds as I waited for peer feedback on a paper.
poem a.png

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:28 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Random bits of sensory detail I scribbled down on April 8 while lying in the grass behind Campus Ministry. The quote at the bottom comes from Wordsworth, "Ode."
poem b.png

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 01, 2019 3:30 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Get ready for things to get increasingly angsty from here on out. Written in St. Agnes Hall on April 24, after a certain favorite professor's incredibly messy office reminded me of my grandpa's office. My sister called when I was partway through and I did not complete this version of the poem.
poem 2.png

When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool, you end up looking like a moron instead.
— Robin Hobb