z

Young Writers Society

Decided (Thelostone and TaylorLove)

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:40 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

My eyes fluttered open and I was confused. I looked around quickly making my body ache. My breathing quicken in panic. Theo rushed over to me and took my hands. "It's okay, Kat." He said. "I'm here."

I nod and try to regain control of my breath. "I- I..." I began but he cut me off.

"Everything is okay, calm down." He said. He crawled into bed next to me. He gently lifted my body, so I could lay comfortably on him.

"What happened?" I whispered. "I don't remember anything."

"You passed out at your brother's and he called me. You had blood poisoning and you had to go into surgery. You are okay now, Kat." He said.

I sigh and bury my head into his chest. "I'm sorry." I said.

He looked at me confused. "What are you sorry about?" He asked.

"This has been a really horrible honeymoon." I said, smiling.

He laughed and set his chin on the top on my head. "We will make-up for it later." He winked.

I smile and roll my eyes. I look at him and he looks at me. My eyes traveled to his lips and he placed a hand on my chin. My breathing quickened in anticipation. His lips set gently against mine. He kissed me sweetly. He pulled away quickly and got up off the bed. "Theo, stop. Please don't do this." I said. "Please, come back."

"I can't." He said, turning away from me.

"Please don't leave me." I pleaded. "I know, I am not perfect and you hate me. I know that I am never going to mean anything to you. I-I j-just please don't leave me. I-I am sorry for everything. I-I just really need you right now." I admitted, my eyes swelling with tears.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:28 am
thelostone says...

Theo

Each word Kat spoke hit me hard. I wanted to tell her that she was wrong, I did care about her but in order to do that I'd have to admit it to myself. I don't. I don't love her. I'm not going to do this to myself.

"Please." She croaked. "Don't leave."

I took in a deep breath and turned around. I don't love her, but I'm not going to intentionally hurt her either. I leaned over and kissed her forehead then sat down in the chair next to her bed. She reached out towards me and I took her hand. "Go to sleep." I murmured, lightly squeezing her hand. When she closed her eyes a single tear fell down her cheek and hung off her chin.

It didn't take long for Kat to fall asleep, and no matter how badly I wanted to I stayed awake in the chair holding her hand. I was going to stay awake so that if she woke up I'd be there. The nurses came in every hour to check her vitals and adjust the medicine in her IV which helped keep me awake. Occasionally, Kat would stir in her sleep and let out a small whimper so I'd kiss her knuckles and trace her palms until she was out cold again.

I don't love her. I'm not going to love her. But I will be here for her, like an annoying roommate should be because that's all I am: her roommate. I remembered her saying she needed me and for some reason just thinking about it brought a little smile to my face but at the same time I knew that if Mark or someone else were there she'd say the same thing to them. She doesn't love me either. She just needs someone to make her stronger while she's in the hospital and since I'm here, that person is me.

Light began to stream through the blinds and into the small room. One of the nurses, Mary, brought in a tray for Kat when she woke up. I thanked her and she left after checking her vitals again.

"Theo?" Kat's hand twitched and I ran my finger over her nails.

"Do you want something?" I asked, my voice hoarse. "The nurse dropped off something for breakfast but I looked at it and it looks like plastic so.."

"I'm fine." She mustered a small smile and her fingers moved slightly. "When can we go home?"

"The doctor wants you to stay another night." I sighed. "So that means we can go home tomorrow."

Funny how we're calling it our 'home'. A home is a place where you're with someone you love.

I grabbed the TV remote, not letting go of Kat's hand and flipped through the channels on the tiny box television.

"You look like you haven't slept." She frowned.

"I haven't."

"Why?"

"I couldn't." I lied.

With a knock on the door a nurse came in. To my disappointment, it wasn't Mary. "I need to check your bandages." Without warning she turned Kat on her side. I could see tear well up as she bit on her lip to keep from whimpering. The nurse must've done something because it made Kat cry out in pain.

"Stop it!" I demanded. "Can't you see you're hurting her?"

"I'm just doing my job." She snapped back. I was going to stand up but Kat squeezed my hand and shook her head. "It looks like most of the pus has drained out but you're still going to have to stay here another night."

"Fuck you." I mumbled under my breath as she walked out.

"Theo." Kat eased back off of her side and sighed. "It's alright."

"I know." I nodded and kissed her knuckles. I don't love her and she doesn't love me, but she needs someone right now and I'm the only one here.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:09 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

After I practically begged Theo to go to sleep, he finally gave in. He did not let go of my hand which I thought was sweet. The nurse came in with a smile. Seeing he was a sleep, she whispered. "You have a visitor." She says.

I was going to sit up, but my back was hurting so I just stayed put. My brother walked in and I sighed. "You don't look happy to see me."

"Good, that's what I was trying to hint at." I said rolling my eyes. "I was hoping you were still under house arrest, but clearly all dreams don't come true."

"Don't be like this." He said, walking near me.

"No, stop. Your presence makes me cringe." I whispered.

"I'm sorry, Kat!" He said a bit too loudly.

"Shut up, he is sleeping." I whispered sternly. "Okay, you apologized. Get out." I said.

"I did that for you Kat." He whispered.

I moan and roll my eyes. "No you did it for you. You did not care what I said about it. All you cared about was you being the center of attention in my life."

He crosses his arms. "That is not true. I miss you, but that is not true." He paced around the room. "I just want the best for you and I don't think he is the best."

"I don't give a damn about what you think, Mark. Stop for a moment and think about me. Think about my situation. They have never gotten a match wrong. Maybe I am happy." I said.

"Are you?" He asked.

I could not get the word out. Theo woke up because we were shouting. "What is he doing here?" He asked.

"Mark was just leaving." I mumbled.

"No I..." He began but I cut him off.

"Leave, I don't need you here. I don't want you to be here." I said. My brother and I had an amazing relationship, but he was driving me up the wall.

Mark stormed out and Theo squeezed my hand. "You okay?" He asked.

I nodded, laying clearly. "I'm fine." I said. Was I happy? Of course I wanted to be happy. I wanted to be loved and to love. I could not let it happen. I could not get hurt. I feel like the leading lady when her heart and brain are telling her too different things. I sigh and regain my composer. "I am fine. I just really hate hospitals."

"Well we can go home tomorrow." He says. "We will move into our house soon."

"I know. I am tired of moving around. I just want to stay in one place, fell like something is actually mine for once.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:07 am
thelostone says...

Theo

I pressed my lips together and nodded. "I know." I took the remote and flipped through more channels until I landed on a documentary on Antarctic penguins.

"They're cute." Kat said, her voice wavering.

"What did your brother want?" I asked.

"Nothing." I knew she was lying but I didn't say anything else on the matter. "Does your back still hurt?"

I nodded and she squeezed my hand in response. We spent the rest of the day watching penguins slide on their bellies and seals chase them in the water. I didn't let go of Kat's hand and she didn't let go of mine.The nurses took turns checking in on us and making sure Kat's vitals were normal. Around eight she began to slowly drift asleep. She tried to fight it, I could tell but she couldn't and eventually she gave in.

Even though the bags under my eyes told me I should sleep too, I stayed up. Kat was stirring in her sleep more than she did the other night and at first it was just small whimpers, which I thought were from the pain. I gripped her hand until they subsided. In the middle of the night, I noticed her cheeks were shinier than regular. I looked closer and saw she was crying. I wiped them away and squeezed her fingers.

"Kat?" I whispered.

She turned her head and mumbled something too quietly for me to understand. I was about to say something else but she quieted down. One moment later she let out a blood curdling scream and shot up with more tears streaming down her face. She was panting and I immediately laid down next to her, pulling her close but making sure not to hurt her or get tangled in the tubes attaching her to the machines.

"I-I-I-" She choked out before erupting into sobs.

"Shhh." I kissed her forehead and rubbed her cheek with my thumb. "It's okay, I'm here. You're okay." It took a while for her breathing to slow and her tears to stop but I held her until they did. When I thought she had calmed down enough I asked, "Was it a dream?"

She bobbed her head and buried it into my shirt. "I-I-I'm sorry if I w-woke you u-up." She hiccuped.

"You didn't." I murmured. I lifted her chin up to face me. "Hey, it's alright. It was just a dream."

"It didn't feel like it." She said. "It felt real." I brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear and brought her lips to meet mine. Instantly, I felt that warm feeling in my chest and I knew that was a sign for me to pull away but I also knew that she needed me so I didn't. Her lips began to taste slightly salty and I pulled away to see she was silently crying again.

I wiped them away and she rested her head on my shoulder. "Tell me about your dream." I said softly.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:07 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

I made up an outlandish tale about how I was being terrorized by people and tormented. I could not tell him what it was really about, I could not do that to myself. My nightmare was about Theo. I had a dream that Marks plan worked and they split us up. I knew Theo would never be upset with that, he would just turn around and bang someone else. That thought made me even more upset. I just buried my face in his chest and tried to suck it up. He is never going to love me and I was not going to love me. Right now we were just people that had amazing sex, have make out sessions, randomly care about each other and live in the same house. That's all.

"If you want to be honest, you can." He said.

"I was being honest." I mumbles into his chest.

"No you were not." He said, I can tell when you are lying.

I sighed. "Right now I am tired. Thanks though."

"You said thank you twice, wow." He laughed.

I laugh an roll my eyes. "Shut up." I said.

--

I woke up in Theo's arms. He was still awake, not letting go all night. "Ready to get out of here?" He asks, brushing the hair out of my face.

I nod and smile. "He'll yeah."

The nurse came in and unhooked me. I felt really free. I was a little worried that the pain was going to come back worse. The nurse helped me get dress, because it hurt to lift my arms up.

Once that was done, I tried to walk. I just had to take it slow so there would not be pain. theo helped me out though. The nurse started to give things to Theo. "she has to take these pill every two hours. Even if she does want to, make her. It will cause drowsiness and make her a little loopy."

"Oh, how fun." Theo smirks.

I sigh. "Not exactly what in was thinking of."
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:14 am
thelostone says...

Theo

We still had one night left on our honeymoon, so after Kat was released we headed back to the suite. I chewed on the inside of my lip, not sure what to do. I wanted to hold her hand all day like the past few days but I knew that was too dangerous. She was better now and didn't need me. Besides, I don't need her. I don't.

"I'm going to shower." I mumbled, brushing right past her. I heard Kat sigh behind me but I ignored it. It felt nice to shower after going without one during Kat's stay in the hospital. When I finished, I went to the bedroom and Kat took a turn in the shower. I put on clean clothes and ran my fingers through my hair, trying to make sense of what happened between us the last couple of nights. Was there anything? No, of course not. She just needed support and that's what I gave her. Now that she's back we can go back to the normal routine. Right?

Kat stepped out of the bathroom with her wet hair up in a ponytail. She sat down next to me on the bed and put her hand on my thigh. I instantly stood up and her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Are you really going to keep doing this?" She asked, annoyed.

"Doing what?" I shot back.

"This!" She gestured to me. "One minute you're sorta sweet and I think you might actually give a shit about me and the next you're the same asshole I've lived next to for years. I'm sick of playing games, Theo."

I avoided her accusation. "I need a smoke." I rummaged through the dirty laundry until I found my suit from the wedding. I pulled out the cigarette I managed to smuggle from the jacket pocket before tossing the suit back on the ground.

"Take that nasty shit outside." Kat spat and rolled her eyes.

"I'll do what I want, woman." I put the cigarette in between my teeth and lit it. "Make yourself useful and make me a sandwich."

"Eat shit and die." She seethed. She got up off the bed and shoved me, almost knocking me back. "Go to hell."

"I'll see you there." I smirked and blew the smoke into the air. I knew I was pissing her off but it's safer this way. I do not love Kat Thompson and she doesn't love me but for some reason it's not making me feel any better by being an ass to her. "For the record," I called after her. "I do give a shit about you." She held her middle finger high over her head as she slammed the bedroom door behind her. I knew she wouldn't leave the suite, she couldn't without me.

I inhaled another drag of the cigarette and then put it out by smothering it on top of the dresser. I left it there and curled up on top of the bed. Suddenly, staying up for the past two days caught up with me and I was so exhausted I couldn't even pull up the blankets. As I faded into sleep the last thing I remember thinking about was Kat.

Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:04 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

I wanted to hate him so much. It would make my life so much easier if I could just hate him. I hated playing games. My hopes got the best of me and now I am left with nothing but devastation. I laid on the couch and sighed. I hated it when he pretended to care and then turns around and puts on his stupid façade.

I got up and walked on the balcony. The beautiful ocean breeze blew in my face. I did not want to be one of those stupid princesses that marry the first guy they meet. I did want to be loved though. I hated admitting that to myself, that I wanted to be loved. It just means that I am not strong.

The sun was beating down on my face and I was getting hot. I took my shirt and shorts off and laid down on a towel. I laid down on the towel in nothing but my bra and underwear and I did not give a shit. That is all I needed to do, not give a shit.

A while later I heard the door slide open. I did not open my eyes because I knew who it was and I did not want to look at it. I felt him standing over me, because I felt the shade on my face. "Can you move, your blocking the light?" I asked, letting my sassiness come through.

"Why are you out here?" He asks.

I sigh. "I wanted to lay in the sun and you make the atmosphere hostile."

"Are we going to have sex or not? That is usually what you do on a honeymoon and you ruined the whole thing by being in the hospital." He said.

I get so infuriated and stand up. "No, Theo. I can't do that anymore. I'm sorry that, that is all I am to you. I am so sick of you."

"You have never been like this before, why are you being like this now?" He asks rudely.

"Because I am not easy Theo. Yes I love having sex, but right now I am not feeling like having sex with a sexist pig. I have higher standards than that."

He laughs. "You did not at the party."

I push him. "Stop fucking holding that against me." I scream. "I am so sick of this Theo. Stop treating me like this. I hate it." I cry. I run inside and into the bathroom. I lock the door so he could not get in.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:49 am
thelostone says...

Theo

I heard Kat slam the bathroom door followed by the lock clicking in place. I sighed and walked back inside. I grabbed an apple from the fridge and bit into it, avoiding the bathroom. When my apple was gone and I couldn't procrastinate anymore I knocked on the door.

"Go away." Kat snapped.

"Come on," I said, tired. "Let's go to bed."

"There's no way in hell I'm sleeping with you tonight." She seethed through the door.

"I don't mean sex." I ran my fingers through my hair. "I just want to go to sleep and I think you should too."

"I'd rather sleep in here." Kat shot back. Her voice was vicious and teeming with anger.

"You're kidding." I leaned against the door. "You can't sleep in the bathroom."

"Watch me." There was a muffled sound and a thud then nothing else. I slid down the door onto the floor and waited. I watched the clock above the kitchen wall and fought the urge to sleep. A couple hours passed and I hadn't heard anything from inside the bathroom. I stood up and ran my fingers along the top of the doorframe until my fingers found what they were looking for. I slid the key into the lock and slowly opened the door. She was curled up in a ball on the floor, her jacket as a pillow, completely asleep.

I gently scooped her up and her eyes fluttered, but didn't open. I carried her back into the bedroom and carefully laid her on the bed. She mumbled incoherently and rolled onto her side. I turned out the light and joined her.

When I got up, Kat was still sleeping. I wanted to kiss her awake but I knew I couldn't so I kept walking. I noticed a piece of paper on the floor by the front door. I got closer and realized it was a letter. I ripped it open and read it. It was signed by the service informing us that we have entered a war. It said our wheat and butter have now been rationed along with other foods and that we should be prepared to take cover if we hear an overhead siren.

"Great." I said sarcastically and put the letter on the counter. I didn't want to think about war, or rations, I just wanted Kat. I don't know how I want her, I just do. I know it's dangerous to want her more than someone to sleep with but it was hard not to. I went back into the bedroom and she was still sleeping. I crawled back in bed and she moaned but fell back asleep. I put my arm around her waist and pulled her into me, the smell of her hair lulling me back to sleep.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:32 pm
TaylorLove says...

Kat

My eyes opened that morning and my body was completely warm. I looked down at my body and saw Theo's arms around my waist. At first, I wanted to slap him across the face, but my heart took over. I turned around and curled into his chest. "Morning." He whispered.

I just moaned, to tired to talk. Plus talking would lead to more pain. I was just going enjoy the moments when he was not being a dick. I snuggled into his chest and he wrapped his arms tighter around me. It was nice. I wanted this Theo all the time.

"The country is going to war." He informed me.

"What?" I was about to jump up, but he kept a tight grasp on me.

"Yes, if we hear the sirens, we need to get to a safe place." He said while stroking my hair. He saw the terrified expression on my face. "It is going to be alright." He said.

I just nodded and laid back down. I did not want to think about it any of it. I did not want to think period. Thinking got me into places I did not want to be in.

"We are going to look for a house today." He said.

I nodded and sighed.

"What's the matter? I thought you wanted to look for a house." He said.

I sit up and get out of his arms. "Nothing, I do. We should probably get ready." I say, avoiding eye contact with him.

I get my clothes out of the drawers and head into the bathroom. I put on a black lacey tank top and black skinny jeans. Lacing my combat boots up, I head back into the room. Theo brushes past me and I get worked up. A few days ago I would just sigh, but for some reason, him brushing past me got me so worked up.

"No, I am so done with this shit Theo." I said a little too loud. "I am done being treated like I am nothing. One minute you are so caring and the next I am nothing to you and I am done with it. The moment I start falling for you, you throw it back in my face. I am done being hurt. Every time I put my god damn heart on the table you crush it. I am so sick of this shit." It felt like all the air was forced out of my lung. I wish I could force the words back into my mouth, but I can't. I just admitted more than I wanted to and there was no going back. Maybe he did not here the part about falling for him. Of course he did you idiot.

There was a knock at the door and I ran to get it. Thank God. A lady appeared. "Hello, I am here to show you some houses." She said, to perky for my liking.

"Perfect, let's go." I said and practically bursting through the door. I kept my face to the ground and tried to hide my embracement. I was setting myself up for failure. Loving Theo King was only going to break my heart.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:59 am
thelostone says...

Theo

Kat and the lady from the service left and I decided I should make some breakfast. I trudged over to the fridge. When I opened it, the service had already put us on our rations. The fridge was basically empty except for a couple eggs, a few slices of deli meat, and some cheese. I grabbed an egg and a frying pan and threw them on the stove. The suite was silent aside from the sizzling of the egg. It was weird being without Kat and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I sprinkled some cheese over my egg and watched as it melted. There was a knock on the door and hesitantly I answered it.

It was one of the most gorgeous woman I'd ever seen. Her black hair was slicked back and her Filipino eyes were sharp and focused. "Are you Theodore King?" I nodded, half wondering why she was here and half not caring. "May I come in."

Hell yeah, you can. "Sure." I cleared my throat and stepped aside. She looked around the suite searching for something. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bathroom.

"Why-"

"Listen!" She hissed. "This war, it's a cover up. Something bigger is going on, something that could bring the service down if the public ever found out."

"What are you talking about and why are we in the bathroom?"

"It's the only place without cameras." She whispered. "I don't have much time, I knew this would be risky but.."

"But what?"

She shook it off. "Nothing. I'm here to warn you. The service knows you're not fully devoted to them, everyone who's been punished is on their list."

"What list?" I asked. The more she talked the more questions I had.

"There are going to be disappearances, Theodore." She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "They wipe you out, make it so you've never existed. They're going to get rid of everyone who doubts them, everyone who's been punished. Which includes you and your wife. The only way to ensure that you'll live past next week is if you join the resistance. It's safe for now, underground. We're working on exposing what's really going on in the service."

"Wait-"

She looked at her watch and gasped. "I have to go."

"Wait, you never told me your name." I said as she squeezed past me to get to the door.

"Kai." She murmured. "And by the way, your eggs are burning."

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:48 pm
TaylorLove says...

Kat

I sighed and the lady showed me houses. I was just bored. Then we came to the last house of the day. It was a beautiful house by the ocean, which was like my dream. She lead me in. If had an open floor plan and huge glass windows. It had one master bedroom and a living room, with a nice kitchen. "This is perfect." I whisper.

"We thought you would like this one. We saved the best for last." The service woman said. "So is this your home?" She asked, enthusiastically.

I was about to respond, but then I thought about Theo. God I want to kill him sometimes. "I think Theo should look at it too. We will view it tomorrow I guess."

"Perfectly fine." She said. "Will you be fine getting back to your apartment? I have more houses to show."

I nod. "Of course." I smiled, venom dripping from the ends of my teeth. She escorted me out and I began my walk back to the apartment.

As I walked I felt like someone was following me. I looked behind me and saw a guy walking behind me. I quicken my pace. I could hear his footsteps behind me and began to panic. I went down a street that led to an ally. I swear and I can feel the nerves growing in my body. I get out my phone and call Theo. "Pick up, PICK UP!"

"Hello?" He says into the phone.

I was about to scream into the phone, but then man that was following me takes it and smashes it onto the ground. I try to control my nerves and put on my false façade. "That wasn't very nice." I said.

The guy smirked and I rolled my eyes. I was not going to give this guy satisfaction. I looked into his eyes and found them oddly familiar. I guess he could see it click on my face because his smirk turned into a smile. "It took you that Kat?"

I wrapped my arms around my old friend. "Derek I have not seen you in three years." I said. I pull him out of a hug and hit him on the arm. "Why the hell did you scare me so bad?"

"I did not mean to. I thought you would recognize me." He told me. "Odiously that was a mistake."

I nodded. "So, why are you here. I know it is not just because you wanted to see me, you always have a reason."

"You know me so well. But in all seriousness I wanted to warn you." He began. "This war is just a cover up, Kat. The service is using it as a distraction to get rid of all the people that oppose them. They have a list of people that that want to exterminate and you and Theo are on that list."

My eyes go wide. "What?" I say.

"People are going to start disappearing and things could get ugly really fast." He said. His cell phone rang in his pocket and he looked at me. "I have to go, but I will find you again."

With that he was gone. I stood there for a moment and took in all in. I picked up my broken cell phone and sighed.

--

I walked back to the apartment and Theo was their eating a burnt egg. "Why the hell did you call me and then hang up?" He asked.

"Would you calm the fuck down. It was an accident, I meant to call my mother. It is not like you were worried, so let it go." I said, I laid my beaten up phone on the counter.

"What the fuck did you do with your phone?" He said, getting mad.

"I dropped it in the road and a car ran over it." I lied. I did not think it was best to tell Theo what happened with Derek. It is not like he would believe me anyway.

"I cannot believe you dropped it in the fucking road." He laughed angrily.

I roll my eyes. Yep, this is the Theo that I have to live with. I was closing my self off again, I could feel it. "Well I did, mom. So stop talking you are getting on my nerves."
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:55 am
thelostone says...

Theo

Kat and the lady from the service came back to the apartment only a few moments after Kai left. By the look on her face, I could tell Kat was pissed off. Maybe it was just being around this perky woman all day.

"Theodore," the service lady, Holly, beamed and clasped her hands together. "We think we've found the perfect house for you and your wife."

I didn't respond.

"I want you to see it before we move into it." Kat said, sitting in the love seat across from the couch.

Annoyance boiled over inside me. I thought we were going to be moving tonight, I want to be out of this shit hole. "I don't want to see it. I don't give a damn what it looks like, I just want to be out of here."

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Kat spat. "If anything, I thought you'd at least care where we will be living the rest of our lives which is why I waited to make the decision. Obviously, you can't be bothered."

"Obviously." I rolled my eyes and threw my legs up on the couch. Holly squeezed herself between my feet and the end of the couch.

"I'm sorry, is it always like this?" She asked. "If there's an issue with your match I'm required to report it."

"No." Kat and I repeated simultaneously. She jumped up and sat next to me on the couch. I reached over for her hand and smiled at Holly.

"Alright then," she nodded slowly. "So, Kaitlin, is that the house you want?"

"Yeah." Kat said.

"Great!" Holly squealed and scribbled something on a clipboard. "You should be able to move in tomorrow."

"Thanks." I said dully. Holly beamed and congratulated us then walked out. The moment the door closed Kat yanked her hand away from mine, disgusted.

"You're such a dick." She pushed me away from her and went into the bedroom. There was a light knock on the door and I hesitantly opened it. To my surprise, it was Kai.

"Look, I don't have much time," She hissed and pulled my shirt down to her face. "The resistance is growing stronger and we need to act soon. Meet us in the underground subway. If you go to the old payphone on Brick Street and dial six you'll be there." She glanced around the hall, panicked. "I have to go. Be there tonight at eight." Her long ponytail almost hit me in the face as she whipped around to leave.

"Who was at the door?" I turned around and Kat was walking out of the bedroom.

"No one." I lied, quickly shutting it. She grabbed her jacket off the hook and put it on. "Where are you going?"

"Nowhere." She said, the bottoms of her heels clicking on the floor as she briskly walked out.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:52 pm
TaylorLove says...

Kat

I walked at the door, slipping my leather jacket on. I walked out of the building and quickly made my way to where Derek wanted me to meet him. Once again he startled me as I was walking. "You have got to stop doing that." I smile, lightly punching his arm.

"Sorry, we have to be quick. The resistance meeting will start soon." He says quickly.

I nod and follow him. He leads me to a section of the city that I have never been to before. I am guessing that that service did not want anyone to know about it because it was dark and broken down. It was not perfect, so the service did not want the world to see it.

He lead me to an entrance to an old subway station. The walls to the opening of the Subway were blocked off. "How are suppose to get in?" I asked.

He just smirks and laughs. "Kat you have always underestimated me." He climbs the boards and he just disappears into the darkness.

"Derek? Where did you go?" I ask.

There was a knock on the board making me jump. "On the other side." He said. "Your turn."

I sighed and began to climb. Most girls would say that this was a bad day to where heels, but I did not have any problems. I got to the top and looked over into darkness. "Okay I am at the top." I say.

"Now, jump." Derek urged me.

"Um, I would rather not jump into the unknown darkness." I said.

"Just do it. I am not going to let you get hurt." He said. When he said that my heart hurt a little. I was reminded of Theo telling me that things were going to be okay and how I believed him. I held on to the thought of him as I jumped off.

Hard arms locked around me and set me down. "See?" Derek said.

I nodded into the darkness and Derek got out his phone. He flashed a light so we could see where we were going. In the distance we could see a light and hear the faint sound of talking.

When we got there, I was surrounded by a mass of people. I did not think there was going to be a lot of people here to be honest. In the mist of my thinking I ran into someone hard. I turned around to apologize and saw Theo standing there. We both had a surprised look on our face. "What are you doing here?" We said simultaneously.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:15 am
thelostone says...

Theo

"What are you doing here?" I scoffed, seeing Kat.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" She cried.

"Derek!" Kai rushed over to the man standing besides Kat and hugged him. "I haven't seen you since.."

He chucked and hugged her back. "Let's not get into that. It's great to see you again, Kai." His bulky arm lead us deeper into the tunnel. "Come, the meeting is this way."

"Didn't think you'd be here." I hissed in Kat's ear, following Derek.

"Why do you care?" She shot back. "I didn't realize Theodore King was capable of thinking of anyone besides himself."

"I thought about you in my dream last night." I whispered. "Funny, you ended up dying."

"Go to hell." She shoved me away from her.

"I'll see you there, sweetheart." I winked. Kat rolled her eyes is disgust and caught up with Derek. Looking once over her shoulder to see if I was watching, she slipped her fingers through his and held onto his arm. He glanced down, surprised, but didn't object. Just seeing her with someone else brought a bad taste into my mouth. Kat must've noticed the change in my facial expression because she smirked and tightened her grip on Derek.

Two can play at this game.

I walked up next to Kai and placed my hands on her waist as we turned a corner. "It's right around here." She said. There was a large table on the middle of the abandoned subway tracks and a lot of people surrounded it. Even though there was well over thirty or forty people there, there was no way in hell there were enough for whatever rebellion they're planning. Kat and Derek stood on the opposite side of me and Kai.

"Okay, listen up!" Derek raised his voice high enough to get everyone's attention, but not high enough so someone could hear us from above. "You all know why you're here. The Service has a list of each and every one of you. This war, it's a big mask the Service is wearing. They're covering something up. All we know is, they have a list and whoever is on it disappears within a matter of days. As of right now, this is our safehaven. Those of you on the list are welcome to camp out down here for as long as possible, but we need to act fast if we ever want this to end. As you know, Kai and I have both worked for the service in recent years which is why we have knowledge of this list and the names on it. However, we're in danger too which is why we don't have much time. I propose we attack a week from tomorrow."

"Good idea." Kat purred and nuzzled her head on his shoulder. "Wow, you're so strong.."

"That's not enough time." I spat. "We don't even have enough people to successfully execute a rebellion of this magnitude. If you really want to make a difference, we're going to need more time and more people."

"Time is a luxury we don't have right now, Theodore." Derek said.

"It's Theo." I growled. I pulled Kai against me and kissed right below her ear, making sure Kat's eyes were on me. "Tell me what you think."

"I think we're going to need more people." She said, slightly blushing.

"You're so sexy when you agree with me." I grinned. "I'm sure if people know about what's really going on, they'd join us."

"That's the thing though, Theo." Kat seethed. "People don't know what's really going on. Hell, we don't know what's really going on." She turned to Derek and pressed herself up against him. "Tell me again what's going on with the disappearances?"

He cleared his throat and I rolled my eyes. "We,uh, we're not sure. All we know is people are disappearing and the war is a mask to cover it up."

"We do know that everyone on the list has committed a crime or spoken out against the service." Kai said.

"Great. An army of misfit toys." I grumbled. I could feel Kat's glare so I put my finger under Kai's chin and tilted it upwards so she was an inch away from my face.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I heard Kat growl under her mouth before all hell broke loose.

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:33 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

My heart broke into and I am angry. I broke free for Derek's grasp and rammed my body into Kai's. I forced her hard into the ground and punched her square in jaw. Most girls that have ever got into a fight are concerned about breaking a nail, but I am pleased to say that I was pretty good at fighting.

I was so upset. It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest and crushed under the weight of someone's foot. I knew that I loved him now and there was no possible way I could deny it now. "Don't you ever think about touching him again." I hissed into her ear.

She was not going down easy and I would have caused her serious injuries if she would have not hit me where it hurt me the most. My back. Her nails dug into my scars and I cried out in pain. Knowing the pain she was causing me, she pressed harder into me.

Theo stormed over and pulled her off of me. "Don't touch her!" He yelled in her ear. The pain in my back was unreal. Theo picked me up and brought me into a corner. He slid down the wall with me in his lap. "Are you okay?" He asked quickly, his eyes worried and anxious.

I sigh. "Please don't do that again." I said.

He smiled and nodded. "You can't either." He said.

I set my forehead against his. "I won't." I whisper. He brings his lips to mine and he kisses me gently, like he cares, like he loves me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer to him.
-Winnie the Pooh

"The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth."
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening