z

Young Writers Society

Decided (Thelostone and TaylorLove)

Reviews: 1
Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:39 pm
TaylorLove says...

A dystopian country where everything is decided for you. The Service monitors your every move and chooses the way you live. Their main goal is to help you live a happy life. They only let you eat certain food, you have an exercise schedule everyday and it is for your own special preferences and body type.

An important component to this society is a non-existent divorce rate. The Service monitors children and pairs them up with someone. They chose their partner so they will be attached to them, get along with them and have a romantic life with their partner.

At the age 18, all teenagers get ready to find out who they are going to spend the rest of their life with. They get ready for the ball and have a huge celebration of love.

There is a little problem though. Two people have been paired together, but are in a current relationship with someone else. How long can they deny that are meant to be?
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:04 pm
TaylorLove says...

Name: Kaitlin Emma Thompson

Nickname: Kat

Personality: She is a free spirit and crazy. She is one of those people that acts before she thinks. Kat is one of those uncontrollable forces that you either love of hate. She is most likely the most spontaneous person you have ever met. She is very loveable and can be genuine, but if you are on her bad side she will be very blunt. Kat is a out spoken individual that loves to party and have fun. If there is one thing she hates, it is when people tell he what to do. She hates the Service, but has forces herself to have some respect for them. She is very stubborn and hardheaded.

Appearance: Kat has long dark hair and dark eyes to match. She stands at about 5'7 and had a lean body. Everyone does though, thanks to the service. She had a medium complexion and has some freckles. She always wears some form or make up. Some lips stick and mascara. She does not need it, but likes it. She wears a lot of black. She likes to wear leather and lace. She can look really intimidating, but she just wants to have a good time.

Background: She grew up with her mom and dad. She has a younger bother. Her boyfriend's name is Chad and they have been dating for a while. Her boyfriend has always been one to worry, but she tried to deny the fact that there is a possibility that they could not be matched together.

Other: She has a tattoo on her back of black birds flying all across her back. She also has an infinity sign on her hip. She says that she will one day show he true love. She has not shown this to Chad. She had a great Dane that she loves to death. His name is Monty.
Attachments
tattoo.png
tattoo.png (89.64 KiB) Viewed 276 times
Kat's dog.jpg
Kat's dog.jpg (5.96 KiB) Viewed 289 times
tumblr_mkwhkfgfTU1rbytf6o1_500_large.jpg
Last edited by TaylorLove on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Winnie the Pooh

Reviews: 4
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:51 pm
thelostone says...

Name: Theodore Anthony King

Nickname: Theo

Personality: Theo is very rebellious and carefree. He doesn't think about consequences and he keeps a tough facade. He's constantly at war with himself because he knows he's the reason Ellie died. He learned a long time ago not to express his true emotions and keeps them bottled up inside. He's a bad boy and people know who he is because of his history. He's cocky, arrogant, and simply just doesn't give a damn anymore because the only person he's ever really really loved is dead.

Appearance: Long light brown hair that he always styles up in a quiff, a strong jawline, intense hazel eyes. Usually has stubble because he hates shaving. He's built but just the right amount, always wears his favorite leather jacket and skinny but not too skinny jeans. He has small gauges and a tattoo of an E on the side of his wrist. His back is covered with long thin scars from when he got in trouble with the service and was punished by a public whipping.

Background: He lives with his parents and he used to have a little sister named Ellie, she was twelve. Theo used to take Ellie outside the confines of the city (which is illegal) on the weekends sometimes. (They got out because his dad used to work for the service, manning the electrified fences) Six months ago they got caught. His dad got sacked from his job, they killed his sister, and he was punished with the whipping. The citizens don't know why the King family got punished but they do know to avoid them.

Other: He's been with his girlfriend, Callie, for two years. He knows he loves her and is sure she's his match. He's a little better at thinking ahead now but most of the time he thinks he's better alone and does whatever he was going to do anyways. Whenever he goes out everyone stares and whispers about what he could've done to get punished so harshly
Attachments
cddebabd83d11fecd08b638de136a36c.jpg
cddebabd83d11fecd08b638de136a36c.jpg (31.19 KiB) Viewed 287 times
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:32 pm
TaylorLove says...

Kat

I put Monty on a leash and begin to walk outside until my brother, Mark, stopped me. "You better put on something else or the neighbors will think you are going to murder someone." He laughs. He was only a year younger, but he was still a little brother.

I look down at my leather shirt, black leggings and black boots. I give him a fake smile. "Well I know who will be the first on my list." I say.

"You know you love me." He says, putting his arm around me. Monty starts to bark when he does this.

"Love is a strong word." I joke. "I do though. Now do what ever it is you do. I am taking Monty for a walk."

"Can I come with you?" He asks.

I let out a fake groan and then smile. "I guess." I say. Mark, Monty and I walk out the front door.

"So are you excited about the ball?" He asks overdramatically.

I roll my eye. "Not really my kind of party." I say.

"What is your kind of party. Grinding and getting drunk?" He says, looking at me. Even though he was my younger brother, he stood well above me.

"You know me so well. This 'ball' is for the girls that dress up in retarded, puffy, pink dresses expecting to meet their prince charming. It is going to be so boring." I tell him, Monty sticking right to me.

"Well, you have already met your Prince Charming so you don't have to worry like they do." He says.

"I guess so." I say. "Mom is taking me to get the dress today." I say, changing the subject.

"I wonder what it is going to look like." He says sarcastically.

"Black and lacy." I say, smiling.

"Like death." He jokes. "Only you can pull it off."

I think about that for a moment. "I look good in death, not really sure how to take that."

We pass Theo King's house and he was in the driveway, don't really know what he was doing. He just ignores us and I roll my eyes. "Good morning to you too, Neighbor." I say a little bit too loudly.

His head snaps in our direction and I give a fake smile, waving. Mark jerks me to his side and quickens his pace. "What are you thinking?" He whispers.

"What? Did you think he was going to come suck our blood. There is a man from the Service right there. I am not scare of that guy. I don't care if anyone else is. Calm down Mark." I say.

He keeps a protective am around me until we get to another block. "God you are weird." He says.

"Thanks, Mark." I say rolling my eyes. "Monty would have bitten his head off before he got near me."

"Monty is too sweet." He scoffs.

I eye him. "You want to bet. All I have to do is say two little words and he will turn on you in two seconds." I grin.

He looks at me and then looks at Monty. "I believe you." Mark says quickly.

I laugh. "That's what I thought."
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:32 am
thelostone says...

Theo

"Go." Dad thrust a full garbage bag into my arms and avoided looking in my eyes the whole time. Not that it was any different from yesterday or the day before that. We haven't had an actual conversation since the day Ellie died. Mom doesn't like to get in the middle so usually she just ignores us too. I took the bag and glared at him, willing him to look me in the eye. He turned away and walked back to the couch. Since he got sacked that's all he's been doing. Absolutely nothing. The service won't give him a new job, he's lucky he wasn't killed like Ellie. I'm should be considered lucky I didn't get killed, but honestly I wish I had gotten killed. Everyone walks around like clones scared shitless. They don't have control over their life, hell they don't have control over anything. How we're living is no way to live.

I slammed the back door behind me as I dragged the bag out to the street. The neighbors, the Thompson's, walked past. I've never liked them. Their daughter is a dumb whore who thinks she can do whatever she wants and get away with it and the boy is just fucking annoying. I hooked up with Kat once at Alice Hemming's party three years ago. We were both pretty drunk and from what I remember she was sloppy and I've hated her ever since.

"Good morning to you too, Neighbor." She smiled and strutted past me.

I rolled my eyes with disgust and straight up ignored her. As she and her brother walked away I overheard her talking about the service. She better be fucking scared. She doesn't know what they're capable of. She's just another clone trying to act cool.

I set the garbage at the end of the street and I noticed Callie's white Sedan pull into the neighborhood. She drove up next to me and rolled down the window. "Want to get out of here?"

I hopped into her car and threw my legs onto the dashboard. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"So, where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere." I said, truthfully. "Anywhere but this goddammed city."

"You know we can't leave the city." She laughed like I was joking. When she noticed how pissed I was she stopped the car on the side of the road and crawled over onto my lap, tossing her blonde hair behind her. "Are you worried about the ceremony?"

I didn't answer her. I wasn't worried. I knew my match was sitting right in front of me. Sure, we fought. Some might even consider our relationship toxic, but everything that's fun is toxic.

She crashed her lips against mine, all our kisses were like this, rough and hungry. I yanked her closer to me and bit her bottom lip while exploring her body with my hands. Her cell phone rang and she groaned, hopping back into her seat.

"Shit." She cussed and looked at me. "I have to take you back home. I forgot I had a dress appointment in fifteen minutes."

"Dammit, Callie." I pounded on the dash.

"Sorry." She shrugged and drove us back to my house.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:56 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

We go back home and I saw Chad's car in the front. Monty urged us to the door so I let go of his leash. Monty loved Chad, he jumped on him and licked his face. "Hey." He says.

"Are you talking to me or the dog?" I ask, walking into the kitchen to get some water.

"You." He laughs. He walks in and wraps his arms around me. I smile and lean my head back on his shoulder.

"You're going dress shopping today, right?" He asks.

I take a swig of water and nod. "Sadly. That place is horrible. It is filled with annoying girl and formal dresses. Two of the things I hate most in the world." I say.

He laughs and kisses my forehead. "It is all going to be over soon." He says.

"Thank God. I have had about enough of this shit." I say.

"Language Kaitlin." My brother interjects.

"Don't call me that." I say. I stay there for a second. "Well I am bored so I guess I am going to go get the dress with mom. She told me to be there 20 minutes ago, but I did not want to go. Might as well get it over with." I kiss Chad and say goodbye to Mark.

--

"You are late." My mom says.

"Traffic, the monsoon of annoy females got it they way. That and I just don't really care to be here." I say, honestly.

She sighs. "At least I can count on you to tell the truth."

I smile and hug her. "Look at you mom, you are finally seeing the bright side."

She smiles and rolls her eye. "They lady taking care of us had your dress." My mother says.

"Well that was easy." I say.

"She said it was the only one here that fit your description." My mom says, suppressing a smile.

Death as Mark would say. "That means I don't have to make a choice, excellent." I say.

"No one else will have it either." She says, like I would be happy by that. I don't really care to be honest.

I say Callie on the other side of the shop modeling her dress. I had to squint my eyes because it is so bright. She spots me and walks over. She had some disillusion that I liked her. I did not hate her, but we were by no means friend. "What do you think, Kat?" She asked.

"You look like a cupcake. So sweet you are giving me a sugar high." I say.

"Thanks." She beams and then walks away.

I lean into my moms ear. "That was not intended to be a compliment."

She just laughs. The lady comes with the dress in a whit bag. "There is no need to try it on. It was tailored to fit you."

"Perfect. That means I only have to wear it once." I smile. "Thanks.

--

"I want to see it." Mom says when we get home.

I pull it out of the bag and smile. "I actually like this." I smile, pleasantly surprised.

"It does look like death." Mark says.

I roll my eyes and hold it up. "The ceremony actually feels like it is close now."
Attachments
prom dress..jpg
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:24 am
thelostone says...

Theo

The next day was the day of the ceremony. That night we'd all be dressed up, awaiting our futures at the center of the service. When I woke up that day, I was immediately pissed off. I just wanted the day to be over so I could move on with my shitty life. For the first time ever, Mom came in my room that morning.

"Ready for the big night?" She squealed and held up a suit and bow tie. I groaned and rolled over, pulling the sheets over my head. Mom yanked them off and forced me into the bathroom. "Shower!" She cried through the door. I took my sweet time in the shower, even staying in after the hot water ran out. I was in there for over an hour before Mom banged on the door. "Theodore! Out, now."

I dragged myself out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I stood in front of the fogged up mirror and wrote Fuck my life in the condensation. I opened the door and Mom waved the steam away.

"Why do I have to put this on right now?" I complained. "I still have five more hours." Mom sighed and admitted defeat. She left me alone for the rest of the day. I tried calling Callie but she didn't answer. Girls take the day before the ceremony a lot more serious than guys do. As the ceremony got closer, Mom started bugging me more. I finally put on my ridiculous outfit and we headed to the service. It was a large skyscraper like building, menacingly tall. We walked to the ball room and I spotted Callie on the other side of the hall where the girls sat. We were separated until after we were paired, when we could dance at the ball. I sat in my seat and an official walked on the stage. He rambled on about the history of the service and why they do what they do. Soon the names began to get called and the matches sat together on the opposite side of the room. As my name got closer, I sat a little taller in my seat. Callie hadn't been called yet either so I was starting to reassure myself.

"Theodore King." The official called me up on the stage and the whispers in the crowd followed me. I was used to the whispers by now. I stood next to the graying official and faced the audience. "Theodore King you are matched with..Kaitlin Thompson."

Kaitlin Thompson. As in neighbor Kaitlin Thompson.

What. The. Fuck.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:44 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

When we got to the ceremony, everyone was staring at me. They must think I am a vampire or something. Girls are such gossips. That is one of the reasons I am not friends with girls, because they annoy me. I sit at a big round table where dinner would be served. Alcohol was already there, and I was sipping on some wine. They was a common thing in our society. Everyone drink, it is not considered a bad thing.

Theo's name was called and I ignored it, I hated him. When I heard my name I froze. I was matched with him. No. I stand up and people clap. I take a large swig of alcohol and walk on to the stage. I did no make eye contact with him. I got off the stage as soon as I could and got as far away as possible.

When I found out Chad was matched with some random girl, I looked over to him. His face was blank and he sat down. After all the names were called, I rush to find Chad. "What the fuck is going on?" I ask him, knowing he won't know the answer.

"I-I don't know." He says, confused and shocked.

A big announcer comes on the speaker. "Please find who you were paired with tonight so we can begin the ceremonial dance."

Chad was pulled away from me in the crowd and I was standing by myself. I was not going to dance with Theo. No thank you. A member of the Service comes over to me. "Why are you not dancing with your match?" He asks.

"Um, I believe you guys made a mistake. There is no possible way I could be matched with the person I did." I say.

"The Service does not make mistakes, where is your Match?" He asks.

I point to him. "Over there." I say. "I would rather not dance. I would rather die actually."

The member of service ignores me and drags me over to Theo. He pushes me against him. "Let's just get this over with so we can go back to not speaking to each other." I tell him, avoiding eye contact. We sway back and forth. I force myself to ignore the small feeling in my chest. I sigh and just wait for it all to be over.
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:50 pm
thelostone says...

Theo

"Let's just get this over with so we can go back to not speaking to each other." Kat scoffs and my insides boil.

"Do you honestly think the service is going to let that happen?" I seethed. "Do you know what happens when people don't play according to the service's rules, Kat? People die."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not scared of them."

"You should be." I shot back.

"Why?" She challenged, tilting her head to the side. "Because they have big whips? Am I supposed to be scared of pain? Of the scars? Actually, I like scars because they're proof that I'm stronger than their whips, that in the end I'm still here."

I tightened my grip of her waist and pulled her closer so her face was right next to mine. "No, they're proof the service can do whatever they want. The whips aren't what you should fear. You should be scared for the lives of everyone you care about, you should be scared that the service will leave you alone while you watch everyone around you die."

She swallowed and I watched as the words set in. She quickly regained her little facade and held her chin high. "Are you implying that we don't fight for who we love? That we just give them up and continue as a matched pair?"

"I'm saying you should cover your ass more and make it less obvious." I growled into her ear.

"Like pretend? You think we should pretend to be happy with our match?" Kat asked as if she was appalled by the mere idea.

"You can if you want, but the service has never gotten a match wrong." I said.

"So, you're not going to fight for Callie?" Her voice got louder and I shot her a look. "You're fine with this? With us being together and her being with someone else?"

"Look, did I think she was my match? Yes, but obviously she's not. You can go around prying for your boyfriend back but lets be honest, babe. You're going to fall for me eventually and you won't even remember his name." A cocky grin spread across my mouth. "Just like at that party." She gave me a disgusted look and when the music ended she pushed me off of her. I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a deep breath. Kat pissed me off to the point of no return. I'd rather pull out my fingernails with pliers than be her match, but its pretend to love her or god knows what would happen. I saw her walk over to get a drink and I sat down at a table. Chad sat next to me and nodded towards me. I rolled my eyes and pretended not to notice him.

"I-uh-I just want you to know that I'm still in love with Kat and-"

"I fucked your bitch." I blurted out. As his smile faded, mine grew bigger.

"What?" He looked around to see if I was talking to someone else.

"I fucked. Your bitch." I said slower. "Actually, she fucked me."

"What are you talking about?" His eyebrows knitted together, trying to understand.

"At Alice Hemming's party three years ago." I answered. "Kat got drunk then practically hopped in my pants. She didn't even remember who you were. She was too busy screaming my name." I ran my tongue over my teeth and winked at him. I loved watching him squirm in his seat then he angrily got up and went to go find Kat, I presumed. I tossed back the glass of champagne on the table and kicked my feet up on the table.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 pm
TaylorLove says...

Kat

I was done. I am so done with the dress, the ceremony and that bastard. "Mom, we are leaving now." I say. My parents have learned not to ask questions and just listen. They know I will tell them later, but I am too steamed up right now to even speak.

We get home and I get to my room. I changer form the dress into ripped leggings and my fitted leather jacket. Much better. Even a change of clothes could not change my foul mood.

There was a pounding knock on the door and I ran to open it. Chad was at the door. His eyes were red and he looked so mad. "Babe, what's wrong?" I ask, getting closer to him only for him to step away.

"Did you cheat on me with that Bastard?" He demands, clenching his fists together.

My face turned white and I swear I looked like a deer caught in headlights. "I-I..." I began.

"You did, didn't you? I cannot believe you Kat." He said, pacing back and forth.

I fiddle with my hands and don't look at him. "It was a long time ago. I was drunk, my first time getting drunk actually..."

"That does not make it any better Kaitlin!" He screams. Chad never screams, ever.

"I can't do anything about it, Chad! I am sorry. That is all I can say to you now." I scream back.

"I am done with you. Maybe my match won't cheat on me." He says, walking away.

I could not stop him, I couldn't. The words would not even come out. I closed the door and turned around. My mom was there. "Am I suppose to feel sad right now, I mean I he just broke up with me?"

She nods, confused. "I am guessing that would be what you feel." She said.

I walk over to her. "Then why don't I?" I ask.

She takes in her arms. "Because you did not love him." She whispers in my ear.

Nope, I am not going to love Theo, not going to happen. "MARK!" I scream "YOU ARE TAKING ME OUT RIGHT NOW!"

He comes running down the stairs with his car keys.

"I need you to be my sober driver and make sure I don't get into trouble." I say, forcing a smile. "I am about to go get drunk."

"Um, okay..." He says. "The club?" He asks.

I nod quickly. "Please get me out of here." I say, practically running to the car. I just needed to let loose. Dance, drink and if I am lucky, forget this whole night ever happened.
-Winnie the Pooh

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:16 pm
thelostone says...

Theo

I left the ceremony silent and went straight home to change. I avoided my parents and they avoided me. I knew Kat and I were going to have to move into the matched apartments, so I had packed some of my stuff earlier. After I changed there was a knock on the door and soon after Mom called me down. An officer from the service was standing in the door dressed in his white uniform.

"I am here to take you and your match-" He looked down at a sheet of paper in his hand. "Kaitlin Thompson to your apartment. Is she here?"

"No." I spat at the thought of her in my house. "Why the-" I caught myself at the last minute and self corrected. "No. She's not here. She's probably at her house."

"Let's go." He said roughly and pulled me next door. He rang the doorbell and her mom answered. "Is Kaitlin Thompson here?"

"No, she went out." She smiled at the officer. "Is there a problem?"

"She is being moved into her apartment tonight." He answered. "Do you know where she might be?"

"The club on twenty-second street?" She suggested. The officer nodded and she closed the door. He pulled me into his car and we silently drove to the club. When we arrived I could hear the music from outside and I knew this is where she was.

"You have five minutes to get your match and meet me back here." He threatened. I nodded and rushed into the building. I pushed past multiple people until I spotted Kat dancing with a cup in her hand.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I hissed, tugging her arm.

"Dancing." She yelled over the music. "Is there a problem?"

"We're moving tonight, dipshit? Did you forget about that?" I took the cup away from her and set it on the counter. "An official is already here to take us away. Now, pull your shit together and act sober." She rolled her eyes but followed me out. The officer drove us across town to the matched section of the city. He lead us up to an apartment and opened the door. "All your belongings have been moved in. I hope you enjoy your stay." He turned to leave but I stopped him.

"Wait, where's my apartment?" I asked.

"Right there." He pointed to the one in front of us. "You share." He smiled then left promptly. I laughed out loud and ran my fingers through my head.

"He's got to be joking." I said, walking into the room. I instantly spotted all the cameras poking out of every angle in the wall. I nudged Kat and she saw them too. "We're officially fucked." I hissed.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

I grunt. "Well shit." I mumble. I walk further into the house and see a living room, kitchen, bed and bathroom. I look around for another bedroom and begin to panic.

I look and the king bed and swear. "Oh hell no." I say. "I will not."

Theo had follow me in there and sighed. "It is not like we have a choice." He says.

"Stop reminding me of the crap and my mistakes." I tell him.

I walk into the bathroom and find out there is no cameras. "I am doing you a favor."

"Oh and did you think you were doing me a favor by telling Chad that I cheated on him? Did you think you were doing me a favor by making him hate me?" I scream.

His smirk grows. "Did you get upset?"

I don't answer, just look at the floor.

"See you are already falling for me." He says, lounging on the couch.

"Shut the fuck up." I say. I cannot stand him.

"You know it was your fault. You came on to me." He said, with that horrible cocky smile he has.

"Maybe, I did. I was drunk though and it was a mistake and I dread that I ever touched you." I hiss.

I walk into the bedroom and get my pajamas and walk back into the bathroom. I quickly change into them and walk back into the bedroom, not speaking with him. I claim the right side on the bed and put a mountain of pillows between us.

"You can't do that you know, they are watching." He says, coming into the room.

I roll my eyes and push them onto the floor. "If you touch me, I am going to hurt you." I say.

"Believe me you don't have to worry about that." He laughs.

"Go to hell" I say. I have never hated anyone so much in my life. Something felt weird that. It did not feel like true hate. I tried to hate him, I really did. Something was off though. I push the feeling away and lay down.

--

I wake up the next morning already home sick, I hated this. I feel confined for some reason until I realize that his arms are around me. I scream and push him off, managing to fall on the floor. I grunt and get up. "I swear to God this is going to be a long life. I already hate it and I am bored out of my mind." I grunt. I walk over to the kitchen table and lay my head down.

My head was pounding, hangovers were the worst. Well, they were slightly better than living with Theo.
-Winnie the Pooh

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:37 am
thelostone says...

Theo

When I woke up I rubbed my eyes and dragged myself to the bathroom. Honestly, I didn't see Kat until she nearly broke glass with her scream.

"What the hell?" I rubbed my eyes again and realized she was in the tub.

"What are you doing in here?!" She shrieked and tried to cover herself up under the water.

"Me? I was going to take a piss what are you doing?" I cried.

"I was trying to get rid of my headache." She huffed and massaged her forehead with one hand. "I thought a bubble bath would work. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you got the fuck out of here."

"The bubbles are almost all gone." I smirked then headed back out. "Oh, by the way make sure you shave your legs. I don't like getting pricked by your leg hair at night, Sasquatch."

"Asshole!" She spat and I laughed to myself before closing the door. I waited for her to be finished in the bathroom before finally taking my turn. "Theo?" She called. "Honey? Babe? Sweetie?"

"Kat? Why are you-" I stuck my head out of the bathroom and saw an officer standing at the door. Kat shrugged and I walked out to greet him.

"Is there a problem?"

"There seems to be more tension in this match than others." The officer sighed. "Unfortunately, this is a warning. While all of our matches are successful, we don't want you two to be out and ruin what the people assume is a perfect match. Unless we see more improvement in your relationship within the next week, the service will have no other option but to eliminate your match."

"Eliminate it?" Kat asked. "Why can't you do that right now? I think it'd be easier if we weren't matched."

"In order to eliminate the match, the match-ees must be eliminated as well." He took our silence as an agree to shape up and left.

"Don't need to worry about that, sweet heart," I smiled, venom dripping from my every word. "I know you're already falling for me."

"You sure about that, ass wipe?" She glared. "I know you enjoyed what you saw in the bath tub."

Okay, that may be true.

Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:27 am
TaylorLove says...

Kat

I suppress a smile and walk into the kitchen. My headache was still not gone. Usually they go away pretty fast. It always gets like this when I am stressed, which is a rare thing. I don't really deal with the whole stress thing, but right now everything just seems to escalate. I open all the cabinets and try to find some medicine. When I finally find some, I take it quickly.

Joining Theo at the table, I sigh. "Okay bastard, how can we make this work. I would rather not be eliminated." I tell him.

"Well you can stop calling me the first name that pops into you head, that can be your first step." He says.

"And your's can be do stop acting like it." I wink.

"I can't change who I am." He responds, not looking at me. I could only hear the sarcasm in his voice.

I was about to respond with something rude, but I hold it in. "Well if you could try to act a little kinder, I will do the same."

He just scoffs. "It is all a game of pretend, we don't need to actually like each other. As long as they think we do, then it is fine."

I was oddly a little hurt by that, but I hold it in. I should not be hurt by what he says. "I can do that. We will act like a couple." I say. I get up and walk into the bedroom, closing the door. I sigh and take off my pajamas. I put my bra on, a lace thong, legging, an befit I put on anything else, Theo walk into the room. "Will you please knock. You keep walking in on my naked." I say, smiling for the cameras.

"Oh your not naked, I have seen that plenty of times to remember." He gives a fake smile back. He walks over to the closet, stealing a quick kiss on the cheek. If I was trying not to get killed, I would have punched him in the face.

"Only twice and your chances of seeing me again is slim." I tell him, slipping on my shirt. Before he has a chance to Change, I hurry out and plop on the couch. I flip on a movie and sigh. He comes back in with new clothes on and plops next to me, draping his arm aroun me. before I can objects he stops me.

"Ah ah ah cameras." He smirks. "Plus, you know you like it."

"Oh every god damn second of it." I say sarcastically.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:08 am
thelostone says...

Theo

"Honestly, I think you're going to be the one who ends up getting us killed." I sighed and she looked appalled.

"Me?!" She shrieked.

"Yes." I said. "Because you're too headstrong. You think nothing can hurt you and you don't have to abide by anyone's rules but you're wrong. Plus, you're a terrible actress." She stuck her tongue out in her mouth so her cheek bulged.

"Oh really?" She cocked her head then rolled her eyes. "You'd be surprised." She looked at me dauntingly and slowly wiped the edge of her lip with her thumb, which, if I was being completely honest with myself, kinda turned me on. I cleared my throat and regained my composure.

"I'll be right back." I excused myself and went back into the bedroom, yanking off the sweat shirt I was wearing. I was digging through the drawers half naked when I felt a small finger trace one of the long jagged lines down my back. I instantly stood up, keeping my back towards Kat.

"Are these from..."

"Yeah." I said. I took a deep breath and she removed her hand. "I don't understand. You were there that day. Everyone was there, everyone saw what happened and yet you still have the audacity to walk around saying the service doesn't scare you." I turned to face her.

"Well, they don't." She shrugged. "Yeah, I'm sure their punishments hurt but I'm not scared of them."

"Do you think they'll hesitate because you're a girl?" I asked. "Because they sure as hell won't. They had no problem pulling the trigger and murdering my sister. Know how old she was? Twelve. If they weren't bothered by killing a little girl, what makes you think you stand a chance?" Rage shot up inside me like flames. I was angry at Kat, I was angry at the service, and I was angry at myself.

"I'm sure they could hurt me but-"

"What about your brother, Kat? They'll kill him and everyone else you care about but you don't think about that. You're too conceited to think about anyone but yourself." I spat.

"Don't take your anger out at me." She jabbed her finger in my chest. "It's not my fault your sister died." I swatted her hand away then stormed into the bathroom. I let out a frustrated scream and punched the mirror. It shattered and fell to pieces on the floor and my knuckles were crying out in pain. I watched as the blood dripped from my hand onto the tile and I stood there panting for a moment. There was a small knock then Kat came in holding a bottle of vodka and two shot glasses. "Alcohol solves everyone's problems." I held out my hand and she handed me the bottle, ignoring the blood. I tipped it back and the hot liquor burned my throat, but I kept drinking it. "Save some for me." She stole it back and I followed her out into the bedroom. We sat, drinking away our feelings silently for a while until the poison began to set in. Then shit got real.

Make your dreams come true. Don't wish for them, work for them.
— Lilly Singh