z

Young Writers Society

Through Thick and Thin (BlimeyLimey217 and Thelostone)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:36 am
strawberrybeaches217 says...

Skyler:

Alana and I giggled as we set up our tents. It was way harder than it looked, I decided. I really liked Alana now! After I got past my jealously I realized how fabulous my brother's girlfriend. I noticed Nate pull Isaac aside, but I didn't worry about it. I knew he trusted him now. I winked at Isaac and continued to fail at setting up my tent.

Isaac, when he was finished with his conversation with Nate, came over to help. "Look!" He instructed me. "It's really simply! This yellow goes with this yellow piece. Orange with orange...." His voice trailed out of my mind as he took over and finished setting up my tent for me.

"Thanks!" I smiled warmly when he had finished.

"Anytime, my lady!" He winked at me and kissed my cheek.

I blushed when his lips made contact. His kisses always made me blush. Before him, I never dated, and I certainly hadn't kissed anyone or been kissed. I had always been terrified of boys. Isaac was different.

I attempted to help Isaac set up his tent, and then we made our way over to the campfire where Alana and Nate were toasting hot dogs.

I grabbed Isaac's hand and a stick and began to toast my own. Just like the marshmellows, Isaac promptly burnt his hot dog. I giggled and shook my head. I crinkled my nose and said, "Ewww." I turned mine slowly until it was perfectly toasted."That's the way to make a hot dog! " i winked.

"Naww! Too much patience!" Isaac informed me as he burnt his third hot dog.

Friendly fellowship between the four of us instantly bursted forth. Endless conversation and hot dogs brought us to the dawn.I yawned loudly and Isaac wrapped his arm around me. "I think it's time for sleep..." I said groggily.

"I agree!" Nate stated and Alana nodded.

We all crept into our tents. I changed into my pajamas and got into my sleeping back. I noticed the beginning of the morning light silhouette Alana's figure as she crawled into Nate's tent. I frowned and rolled over. After a few minutes of exhaustion, a thought crept into my mind - my dad was free again. My remembrance sent chills down my spine. I was suddenly cold and scared. I exited my tent, taking my grandpa's teddy bear and entered Isaac's. "Can I stay with you for a little bit?" I whispered.
"Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind."
O
“Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.”

~used to be blimeylimey217

Reviews: 4
Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:46 am
thelostone says...

Isaac

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and patted the spot next to me. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Skyler sighed and snuggled up next to me so that her hair tickled my chin. "It's just-I don't know."

"When are you going to realize that you can talk to me?" I laughed lightly. "You lock yourself up because you think it will protect you but all you're doing is hurting yourself."

"I know." She mumbled. "It's just not easy for me to open up to people."

"You think it was easy for me to tell you about what happened at my old school?" My fingers danced over her skin and I watched as goosebumps appeared. "You know, I read online that keeping everything bottled inside can make you physically sick."

"It's my dad." I could hear that she was fighting to keep her voice steady. "He escaped prison. That's why we're here, Nate's afraid he might come after us." Skyler began to shake and I held her tighter.

"What does he want from you?" I asked.

"I don't know." She said quietly. A couple tears soaked through my shirt. "I'm worried. What if Nate's right? What will happen to us?"

"Skyler, listen to me." I whispered. "I don't know what's going to happen but I promise you Nate and I won't let you get hurt, okay? You're going to be alright. Just take a deep breath."

Skyler's shoulders shook as she inhaled then exhaled. I took a strand of her hair between my fingers and twisted it. She brought her face up to meet mine and she kissed me. "What we have is stronger than love."

"What we have is stronger than love." I repeated. "So, what do you want to do today?"

"It doesn't matter."She smiled. "As long as I'm with you, Nate and Alana. She's actually not that bad."

"You're not that bad either." I teased, unable to wipe the smirk off my face. Skyler rolled her eyes and laughed. She stood up and pulled me up with her.

"Let's go wake them up." She grinned. "I have an idea." The mischievous glint appeared in her green eyes again and I knew nothing good was going to come out of this. We tip toed out of the tent, making sure not to step on sticks. She handed me a bucket we used for a chair last night and giggled. I followed her to the lake not far from where we were staying. "Nate used to do this to me all the time. Now it's time for revenge." She scooped the bucket into the water and I did the same with mine.

"You are so evil." I chuckled as she raised her eyebrows. "Come on, Hitler. You ready?" She nodded and we heaved the buckets back to camp. "Just to be clear, you're going to be the one who does this, not me. Nate and I are already-"

"You didn't think I'd let you have all the fun did you?" She whispered back. "On a count of three I'll throw the water on them and we run, okay?"

"Skyler-"

"One..two.."

"Sky, wait-"

"THREE!" She screamed.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

52 Reviews

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Skyler:

"SKY!!!" Isaac grabbed my arms and stopped me just right before I dumped the water all over Nate.

"Yes?" I was very confused. "What's going on Isaac?" Isaac was frowning at me. "What the heck?" I laughed.

"Look!" Isaac whispered, motioning towards their tent.

I peered in and saw three people instead of two. I gave Isaac a confused frown. When I heard Ana's thick Russian accent, I threw my water all over her without hesitation. "Wake up Sleepy Heads!" I teased as if I hadn't noticed.

Ana emerged soaked and furious. "Vat eez wrong weeth you???"

Isaac was trying to stifle in a laugh, and I smiled a little. "Miss Ana! What are you doing here?" I asked innocently.

"Vell, I am talking vith your brother about Izeec! I am going back to Russia!" She answered back.

"Oh my god!" I muttered and put my arm around Isaac. They couldn't possibly take him away, right?

"I vas making sure that you vould get Izeec back to his motha's house!" She continued.

I sighed, relieved. It looked like Isaac was relieved too. "We will!" I said quickly.

Anna pulled back her unmanaged hair and then stomped away without another word. Isaac release his laughter loudly and then swung me around. "I'm free!" He whispered excitedly.

I wiped some hair from his face and gave him a deep kiss. "We're going to get that restaurant back for your mom! I determined, giggling.
"Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind."
O

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:08 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

Nate and Alana came out of their tent wet, but not as soaked as Ana was. Nate raised his eyebrows as if to say, really? and Skyler just smiled. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I excused myself to go answer it.

It was my mom. "Mom?"

"Isaac?" She asked, her voice seemed slightly worried. "Isaac are you at your dad's? I called but no one answered."

"Uh, no." I admitted. "I'm camping with Skyler. You know, the one you met at camp."

"Oh. Honey, I don't want you to worry or anything but earlier this morning I started having contractions." She explained.

"Wait, but I thought you had another month."

"I do. So Decker took me to the hospital and the doctors say I have what's called pre-eclampsia. It just complicates things with the baby a little bit. I'll be okay." Her voice indicated that she didn't truly believe that.

"Where are you? Genesys Hospital? I'll be there in around two and a half hours."

"Isaac-"

I flipped the phone shut and rushed back over to Skyler. "I need to go back."

"What? Why?" Skyler clutched my arm and I put my hand over hers to calm her.

"My mom's having complications with the baby and I want to be there." I said. "You could just drop me off at my dad's and I'll take my own car. Thanks for inviting me here-"

"I'm going with you." Skyler demanded.

"Skyler," Nate warned.

"It'll be fine. His mom lives two hours from his dad's so it's not like I won't be safe." She reassured him. He looked at Alana then sighed and nodded.

"Alright, lets get packed up and ready to go."

It didn't take long to get on the road and once we got back to my dad's he was too busy helping Ana pack that he didn't realize I wasn't there. Skyler said goodbye to Nate and Alana and we started the other leg of our drive. The whole time I kept stressing about what might happen to Mom and I think Skyler could tell because she rubbed my arm and kept me sane. When we arrived to the hospital we rushed up to the maternity wing and found Mom's room. She was in her bed hooked up to various wires and Decker was sitting in the chair besides her.

"Isaac." She beamed.

"Mom," I breathed then rushed over to hug her. "Oh, Decker this is Skyler, Skyler this is Decker."

52 Reviews

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:21 am

Skyler:

Decker stretched out his hand and shook mine. I smiled cordially and muttered a "nice to meet you," before turning my attention back to Isaac. He was a worried wreck, and I could see why. His beautiful, young looking mother who I had left at camp was replaced my a pale, ghost like figure. She was breathing heavily. She looked like she was ready to give birth any second. I took Isaac's shaking hand in mine and held it steady. "She's gonna be okay!" I assured him.

Isaac squeezed my hand and sat down in a chair next to his mom. I gave her a hug quickly. I had always been good at calming people down, and Mrs. Brooks seemed very anxious. I rubbed her tummy gently and began rambling. "Hey Little One!" I spoke to the baby. "You stop giving your Mommy such a hard time! She's so good to you! Don't you want to come out nice and easy?" I glanced at Isaac. His lips curled into a slight smile. I continued talking. "Yeah! And I know that would make your brother happy too! I know you're excited about coming out and meeting your wonderful family and this whole new world. Trust me! It's very nice in there, so enjoy it while it lasts!" I giggled and sat next to Isaac. All three of them were now smiling. Mission Accomplished.

I wrapped my arm around Isaac and played with his hair. The doctor arrived a few minutes later. He checked the machines and then his patient before making his announcement. "Well... This baby wants to meet you early!" He declared. "But you're safe for the time being!" He added.

I felt a burden lift off of Isaac's shoulders immediately and smiled. Everyone was more lighthearted. Isaac and his parents began to talk and I drifted into thoughts. Isaac wasn't going to be near me anymore. Nate and Alana were leaving the next day back to college. I was going to be all alone again. I shuddered at the thought. My protections would be gone.

I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. "Anyone want some food?" I offered.

"Yeah!" Derek said happily. "Anything that looks good!"

I giggled and Isaac shrugged and nodded. "Same here!"

Mrs. Brooks declined politely, and I left the room. I went down the elevator to the cafeteria. Nothing looked very good, but I grabbed some pizza and headed back towards the maternity ward. My mind was settling down. I would be fine alone. This wasn't the end of the world.

Suddenly and hand grabbed my arm and twisted it slightly. I gasped and looked up. I knew that face all to well. "So, we meet again!" I cringed as I recognized my dad's warped smile.

"I don't know who you are!" I said shakily, struggling to get away.

"Yes you do, my little pet!" He said roughly.

My heart raced. Where was Isaac? I stomped as hard as I could on his foot and ran as fast as I possibly could. When I arrived outside Mrs. Brooks room I stood against the wall outside. He had found me. I was no longer safe.
O

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:47 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

Skyler was gone for a while and so I kissed Mom's hand and left to go make sure she was okay. When I turned to walk down the hall, I found her pressed up against the wall. She was shaking and all the blood had been drained from her face. She was breathing heavily and as soon as she saw me she threw herself in my arms. I felt her tears seep through my shirt, her sobs making her body shake even more. I knew that if I tried to get her to talk I wouldn't understand a word she'd say so I just held on to her and rubbed her back until she calmed down a little.

"Sky, what's wrong?" I asked softly as soon as she stopped shaking. "You're scaring me."

"My-my-my dad." She stuttered and squeezed me tighter. "He-he's here. Down in the cafeteria. He saw me-he-he tried to hurt me. Isaac-" She started to shake again and I cut her off.

"Shh, shh, shh." I kissed her forehead and wiped the two tears that had escaped. "He's not going to hurt you, okay? I won't let it happen. I promise." She nodded weakly and I continued. "Do you want to leave? I can drive us back to my moms house." She bobbed her head again and I held her hand, gently leading her into the room. Decker stood up, confused when he saw Skyler. "I'm going to take her back to our place for a little while. I'll be back up to visit Mom later."

"Is everything okay?" Decker asked, concerned and I nodded.

"Yeah." I lied and bent over Mom's bed to kiss her on the cheek. "I'll see you later, okay? Tell me if the doctor says anything." I turned back to Skyler and took her hand again. We carefully made it out of the hospital, her sweating hand clenched around mine. When we got outside she started to breathe again. She ran ahead to my car and waited for me to unlock it. I fished the keys out of my pocket and looked up. Skyler's face turned sheet white again which made my heart stop.

"ISAAC!" She screamed and pointed behind me. I whipped around and a scraggly man was towering over me.

I clicked the unlock button on the key rapidly. "Get in the car, Skyler!" I yelled then ran towards her and the car, her dad on my heels. She got in the car and when I scrambled in I fumbled to lock the doors again. Her dad banged on Skyler's window and she looked over at me, terrified tears streaming down her face.

"Isaac, hurry. Please." She begged and I jammed the key into the ignition. In one quick motion, her dad's fist shattered her window and he reached in, unlocking the door and opening it. Skyler let out a blood curdling scream as her dad dragged her out of the car.

Spoiler! :
Can you break a car window with your fist? I don't know, but he sure did!

I jumped out of the car and pried Skyler from his arms, despite the punches. "DON'T TOUCH HER!" I cried and attempted to hit him back, but I probably hurt my fist more than his face. He reached into his jacket and pulled out a gun.

"Back away from my daughter." He growled, aiming the gun at my chest. I slowly held up my hands but didn't move. "I SAID GET AWAY FROM HER!" He turned to Skyler and with a sick smile on his face he said, "it's time to come home, pet." Behind him, I saw Decker running towards us.

"Decker, stop!" I yelled to warn him but he didn't listen. Skyler's dad turned around so I seized my chance. I sprinted towards Skyler and shielded her with my back, I rushed her to the car. I heard a gunshot and froze. My heart was pumping so much adrenaline through my body that I didn't even realize the bullet was in my shoulder until after Skyler screamed. I looked down and my shirt which was stained with Sky's tears was now stained with my own blood. Black spots took over my vision and the last thing I remembered was my head on Skyler's lap as she looked up with her tearstained face and whispered,

"Please."

52 Reviews

Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:56 am

Skyler:

Everything inside of me collapsed as Isaac fell on me. The gunshot caused quite of emotion. My dad now had the gun pointed at Decker. My heart raced. "Please..." I mumbled to Isaac in my arms. My mind spun. I needed Isaac, but more importantly Decker's baby needed a true father. I knew my dad wouldn't stop until he had me. I had to protect everyone I could. I put Isaac on the ground gently and stood up. "Stop!" I screamed.

All the eyes in the parking lot turned to me. "Just take me!" I sobbed. "Just take me..." I repeated, whispering.

Decker looked at me, purely terrified. My dad's face was simply a cold, hard stare. He walked towards me and grabbed my arm roughly. I winced as he squeezed it and let my head drop. He threw me in his truck and got in the driver's seat. Just as we left the parking lot I saw Isaac being brought inside the hospital. I sighed in relief. My dad's car was a wreck. It looked as if a tornado had just blown through and it smelt worse than a million skunks.

"Thirsty?" My dad's rough voice asked as he held out a water bottle towards me.

I would normally turn him down, but my lips and throat was unbelievably dry. "Yeah.." I replied quietly and coldly. I took a long sip and leaned back. Instantly, I realized I was drugged. I felt so sleepy. I tried to resist the urge, but I soon fell asleep.

When I awoke, I couldn't feel my hands. "Shit!" My dad had tied me up while I was sleeping. I looked around. A deep depression overwhelmed me. I was back in my old house and my old room. Memories haunted me. I was all alone again. I had no idea when my dad would return, but I was scared. I felt around the best I could for my phone. I quickly pulled it out of my pocket and slid it under my bed. If I lost my clothes, he wouldn't have my phone. I decided and leaned back. I needed to know Isaac was okay. I sobbed and fell asleep again.
O

Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:08 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

Consciousness poured back into me and I reached up to rub my eyes, but scalding pain shot through my shoulder and I groaned.

"Hey, bud." I heard Decker say. "Take it easy, okay?"

I murmured something incoherent and looked around the room. It was white with painted flowers scattered on the walls. I knew these walls, I came here to a room like this to visit my cousin once. She had Hodgkin's Lymphoma, she's in remission now but when I came to visit she would laugh at the lame attempt to bring happiness into the room. As if the blown up yellow flowers could distract from the fact she was dying.

I looked around became aware that I was in a hospital bed so I pressed the button to make me sit up. Wincing a little as I did, I noticed the huge bandage wrapped around my shoulder. Red seeped through it and even looking at it hurt. "Decker?" I moaned. "What happened? Why are we in the oncology wing? Why aren't you with Mom?"

"Shh." He patted my leg under the thin hospital sheet. "First of all, we aren't in the oncology wing. We're in the children's wing."

"Bullshit." I mumbled. "I'm eighteen."

Decker chuckled. "Eh, you're still a kid. What was your other question? Oh yeah, your mom is doing fine. She's in her room, the doctors want her to stay over night just to make sure she doesn't have any more contractions. She sends you her love." He took in a sharp breath and I knew whatever he was going to say next wasn't going to be good. "What do you remember from earlier?"

That was a good question. I racked my brain, trying to remember but all I got were small fragments. "Not much." I admitted. "Skyler!" I sat upright and tried to get out of bed but the tube attached to my hand and Decker stopped me.

"Hey, slow down." He lightly pushed me back in bed.

"Skyler." I said, pained. "Where is she? What happened to her?"

"Look, Isaac." Decker sighed. "Her dad shot you, which is why you have that bandage on your shoulder."

"But Skyler-"

"She went with him." He dropped his bald head and avoided eye contact.

"What do you mean she went with him?" I said slowly. "Don't you understand? He beat her! And he'll do it again! I told her she was safe, why didn't you do anything!"

"Isaac, I tried but there was nothing I could do." He looked back at me and patted my leg again. "I'm sorry."

"Give me your phone." I held out my hand and Decker placed his android in it. I dialed Nate's number, thank god I still had it written on my arm from earlier, and held it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Skyler's gone." I choked out.

"What? Who is this? What do you mean she's gone?"

"Isaac. Your dad found her. I don't know where they are but I tried to stop him. I'm in the hospital right now so I can't do anything at the moment, but I'm hoping you can." I bit my lip and waited for his response.

"Fucking hell." He groaned. "Why are you in the hospital? Did she get hurt too?"

"No. Not that I know of." I assured him. Not yet anyways. "Your dad shot me. Would you mind picking me up on your way to his old house? I'm coming with you."

"You just said your hands were tied."

"I know, but I don't care." I said. "I'm coming with you." I heard a big sigh on the other end.

"Fine. I'll be there in a half an hour. Be ready to go, we don't have much time." He hung up and Decker immediately shook his head.

"No. Isaac, that's a bad idea. You aren't even cleared yet."

"I don't care." I groaned, sitting up. "I'm going with him." I painfully pulled out my IV and got out of bed.

"Isaac.." Decker warned but I ignored him. I was going to get Skyler back, I just hoped it wasn't too late.

52 Reviews

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Skyler:

Skyler wiped her tears away as she crawled into her bed. Her dad had just left her room after screaming at her, telling her never to run away again. For the first time in her life, she felt desperately alone. No Nate, No Isaac, No foster family. Alone.The cols, empty qord soaked in for a moment. She was so idiotic to go with her dad! she reprimanded herself. But it was all for Isaac! as long as he was safe, she was okay!

Just then, her door flew open once again, crashing into the wall. "Why did you run away, girl??" Her dad screamed harshly, grabbing her hair and pulling her out of bed.

"I didn't.." she sobbed, wincing slightly.

Her father aparently didn't like that answer as he slapped her hard across the face. She fell to the ground with a large thud. He kicked her around down there and she moaned in pain. Her nose was bleeding and everything was already bruised. She tied to stand up and was suprised to see her dad letting her do so. Everything was wobbly. The room felt as if it were spinning. Thank goodness she reached the bed.

"You have one last chance to tell me the truth!" He yelled.

Skyler was silent. She had been telling the truth all along, and screaming back would just make matters worse. Heforced her to stand up quickly. She tried to back herself away. The room was spinning. He was coming closer. She could feel the slap, and then, suddenly, everything went black.
O

Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:14 am
thelostone says...

Isaac

"Do you remember where your dad lives?" I asked Nate, not bothering to buckle my seat belt. My shoulder was still kept at a dull ache from the medication, but I had a feeling the pain would return sooner than I wanted it to.

"Yes." Nate growled through clenched teeth. His knuckles were white, griping the steering wheel. "Call the police. Tell them an escaped convict is hiding at 1229 Iris circle."

I patted my pockets for my phone before remembering it was still lying crushed in my dad's living room. "I-I need your phone."

"God dammit." The car veered to the side of the road as Nate frantically searched for his. "Here."

When we got to the house police cars and an ambulance were surrounding the street. For some reason, I expected the house to be uglier. Anger prickled beneath my skin. How could such terrible things happen inside such a beautiful house?

"Did you find her? Is she here?" Nate panted, running up to an officer.

The police man took off his cap and rubbed his bald spot, glancing nervously between me and Nate. "Look, you two shouldn't be here. It's far too dangerous-"

"I don't give a damn about how dangerous it is." I seethed, "Where is she? Where is Skyler?"

"We have to handle a situation like this with care, we don't know if the criminal is armed." He sighed. "I advise the both of you to get back in your car and let the officers do their job."

Beside me Nate fumed. "You mean no one's gone in there?"

"Really, you two need to get back in your car or I'll have to escort you. The situation is-"

Before anyone could hold me back, I ran. I weaved through the squad cars and around the side of the house. I tugged on the sliding glass door at the back but it was locked. I cussed under my breath. Frustrated scared tears began to blur my vision but I blinked them away.

"Hey, over here!" Nate yelled from the side of the house. He held a bathroom window open and hoisted me up. "Listen," he hissed after I was inside. "This connects to my room. There's a gun under the mattress, take it. I'm going to find another way in. If Skyler's in there get her out, don't worry about my dad. Leave that bastard for me. Be quiet and get her out, understand?" I nodded. "Good. I'll be right there."

He closed the window quietly. Adrenaline coursed through my veins, heightening my senses. It didn't take me long to find the gun, it was right where Nate had said it was. I didn't like how it felt to hold it but I reminded myself it was a last resort. Find Sky, get her out.

Nate's bedroom door creaked slightly as I opened it. I listened for any sort of noise that might indicate where Skyler was but the entire first floor was silent. My heart pounded so loudly I was sure the officers outside would be able to hear it. The house wasn't as lovely on the inside. Pizza boxes and wrappers were scattered all around the floor, the couch was missing cushions, the walls were more of a dingy gray than a white, and the whole house smelled like a mixture of musk and dust.

As I climbed the stairs, I still couldn't hear anything except the murmurs from the police outside. A bead of sweat slid down the side of my face. My grip on the gun tightened when I got to the first bedroom. Cautiously, I peered around the door frame. No one.

The room was pink and white. I guessed it was Skyler's room. One bed and one desk in the whole room. An abandoned music box was sitting on the desk. The ballerina lied broken in two next to it. A large stain on the far pink wall caught my eye. Shattered glass glittered beneath it and I guessed someone threw a beer bottle. I tore my eyes away to check the closet the only unusual thing I found were tick marks scratched into the wall. Running my fingers over it, I counted seventeen. Chills shot up my spine.

My adrenaline spiked again when I realized that meant they'd have to be in the next room. I gripped my gun and took a ragged breath before rounding the corner. I burst into the room expecting to find both Skyler and her dad but like the others, nobody was in there. I held back a scream of frustration. When I turned to leave I bumped into Nate.

"She's not here." I whispered, dropping the gun. "She's not fucking here." I kicked the bed frame but it didn't get out my anger. "He must've taken her, that sick piece of shit. If he touched her I swear-"

Nate gasped, cutting me off. "The cabin. He took her to the cabin. He knew we'd come here so he took her to the cabin!"

"What cabin?" I asked, grabbing the gun and running after him. "What are you talking about?"

"We own a cabin about an hour from here," he explained as we bolted back to the car. "We used to go there during the summer. My fucking coward of a dad is probably hiding him and Skyler there." He threw the car into gear. The tires screeched as he pulled out of the driveway.

52 Reviews

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Skyler:

Shooting pain shot in her hed as she came back into conscieceness. The blood had finally stopped, drying in the back her hair. She felt the bruises on her face and small scabs all over her body. But something was wrong. She wasnt in her room, she was in her dad's car again. "Where are you taking me..?" Her voice cried, scared.

"A place where we'll be safe." Her dad answered gruffly.

Weariness flooded over Skyler, if the lump on her head was a concusion, she knew it wasnt safe to sleep. She forced herself to stay awake. Where was her phone? She wondered. She had stuck it back in her pocket after her dad left. the first time. It was still there, thank goodness!

She wanted to avoid texting Nate, because she was sure she would find a way out, but she knew she wouldnt now. She kept drifting in and out of conscienceness, but eventually she got a text sent to her brother saying. "I'm okay... a little beat up, but safe... still with dad... going to the cabin I think. Don't worry about me, just make sure Issaac is okay. Dad shot him. I'm so worried Nate! Please tell me he's okay!"

She sighed as she sent save and promptly deleted the messaged. "We're here!" Her father's voice stated agrily, storming out of the car. It was the car. Her dad obviously wasn't going to help her out so she opened her door and stood up on wobbily legs. Her head pounded in pain. One step at a time, she kept telling herself. She soon made it to the first room in the cabin and collapsed on the bed. All she wanted to do was sleep. She closed her eyes.

"Don't think you're getting off that easy, girl! I didnt escape jail just to make sure you were safe! We still have a score to settle!" Her dad's voice broke imto the room.

Fuck! she thought. Why didn't I lock the door?? She knew exactly what her dad was talking about and she was scared.

"Don't you remember my promise? I can make your life miserable!"

Chills went up Skyler's spine and she braced herself for what was coming when she heard car doors slamming from outside. There was no way Nate was here! He had 1 hour to drive... Unless he had already been on his way

Her dad must of not noticed the noise because he plunged towards her and ripped her shirt off. "No!!!!" She screamed.
O

Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:13 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

The car ride to their cabin was tense. Nate's knuckles were white on the wheel and I forced myself to unclench my hands. He parked on the dirt road outside of the little cabin. Unlike the house, it was horrific. Weeds grew tall and wild in the lawn, some even began climbing the side of the cabin. The gutters were hanging off, the paint on the door was mostly chipped away and the windows were boarded up.

Inside, Skyler let out a blood curdling scream. Before Nate could stop me, I rammed into the flimsy screen door until it broke. My shoulder throbbed in agony but the adrenaline pumping through me helped dull the pain.

"Isaac!" Nate yelled, running in after me.

"Skyler!" I hollered, sprinting upstairs. Her sobs grew louder as I got closer. A rat skittered across the floor at my feet.

"Stop it!" Skyler cried loudly. "Please! Stop!"

Nate ran past me and burst into a room. Skyler was pinned on the bed, her dad towering over her. "Get off of her you sick bastard!" I yelled, lunging towards him but Nate held me back.

"Get Skyler and get in the car. She doesn't need to see this." He murmured then released my arm. Nate held the gun out at their dad. "Get off of her."

His dad licked his lips once, eyeing the gun in Nate's hand. Grinning sickly, he slowly crawled off of Sky. She collapsed in a puddle of tears. Her body was shaking as I scooped her up.

"Well, Nate. What a pleasant surprise." Skyler's dad raised his eyebrows. "Put that thing down, you'll hurt yourself." Nate didn't move and his dad chuckled. "You're going to shoot me? Your own father?"

"You're no father of ours." Nate spat then turned to me. "Take her out of here."

"N-Nate.." Skyler stuttered through her tears.

"Go!" He urged.

I obeyed. Whispering comforting lies to Sky, I carried her out to the car. I sat in the back seat and she curled up against me. Her shirt was torn, the buttons hung by a thread. Her shorts must've been lying on the floor back upstairs. I took off the flannel long sleeve shirt I had on and wrapped it around Skyler.

"You're okay, Sky." I mumbled, smoothing back her hair. "I've got you."

Her eyes were red rimmed and tears streaked down her cheeks to hang off her chin. She was still shaking, from being cold or still terrified I didn't know. Probably both. She pushed her face into my white tank top and cried harder. A gunshot went off and she screamed into my chest.

"N-Nate!" She whimpered.

"Shhh, he's okay." I said, wishing she believed it. "He'll be out in a minute." I kissed her forehead. "I love you. So so much, Sky."

52 Reviews

Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Skyler:

I was safe in the arms of Isaac. My body trembled and I curcled myself up in his lap. His flannel long sleeved shirt was warm and comfortable. I was terrified. Nate was still inside....with my dad. A gun shot rang through the air and I screemed. I imagined the worst. Nate lying in the bedroom, dead. My dad coming out and tearing me away from Isaac. I began to cry again. Pain pierced into the lump on my head. I probably had a concusion.

Another shot rang, two more following close behind. I hid my head in Isaac's chest. He rubbed my back, kissing me and telling me everything was okay. Suddenly, everything was silent in the house. The time slowed down. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes, hours. I held my breath and looked up. Nate came fumbling out. his arm looked like it was grazed by a bullet, but otherwise he looked unharmed. I exhaled loudly. "He's okay!" I breathed, jumping out of the car and giving my brother a bear hug.

"He'll never hurt you again!" Nate sounded exhausted as he alowed himself to fall into my arms. Relief gave me the strength I lost. "Let's go home!" He whispered.

I went back to the back seat and cuddled up with Isaac again. "I love you." I whispered, kissin him and letting my hand run through his hair.

It was a four hour journey back my house, but I slept for most of it. I was just glad I was back with the two people I loved most. They were my world, and they were safe!

When I woke up for the first time it was eleven at night. We had been driving for two hours and now Nate stopped at the Wendy's drive-thru for french fries. I looked up at Isaac and noticed he was still asleep. I started frantically digging through the seat pockets.

"What's wrong, kitten?" Nate asked gentlt.

"Oreos?" I smiled, looking up at him with wide eyes. In all my life, I had never been in Nate's car without him pulling out some oreos and peanut butter for me. He said they were constantly kept in there in case of an emergency.

Ans sure enough, he opened his glove compartment and pulled out the very two things, winking. "Thanks!" I smiled as I tore open the package and started dipping.

The rest of the ride home was peaceful. Nate put on some music and we chatted fir a while. By 1:00, Isaac woke up, and we all had a fun jamming to the radio for the last half hour.

Home stood in front of me. Alana's car was in the driveway. "Go head and get out Sky and I'll take Isaac home.

I looked up suddenly. I didn't want Isaac to go. For some reason I had expected him to stay. I looked at the both of them and sighed. I didn't know what I really wanted. I was lonely, but I definitely had never slept with a boy, but little Rosa wouldn'{t offer the protection I sought. Isaac got up to give me a hug good night. My face turned bright red. "Stay with me?" I pleaded, whispering.
O

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

"Of course." I whispered back, tracing the top of her forehead lightly with my finger. Skyler smiled, holding onto my wrist and pulling me into the house and up to her room. She snuggled up next to me, closing her eyes.

"I love you, Isaac." She murmured. I kissed her eyelids and ran my fingertips over her jaw.

"I love you too, Sky."

Her eyes fluttered open as she looked up at me. "I'm worried." She said, barely above a whisper. "Do you think Nate... do you think he killed..."

I swallowed hard, debating what to say. I decided the truth was best. "I don't know."

"Can he get in trouble for it?" She whispered, tears brimming her eyes. "If he did do it? Will they take him away from me?"

"No, love." I assured her. "I'm sure that if Nate did, it was out of self defense. He won't be taken away for that."

"I'm just scared that-"

"Shhh.." I put a finger over her lips. "We can talk more in the morning, okay? Get some sleep." She nodded weakly then closed her eyes. I ran my fingers through her hair until she fell asleep.

As much as I tried, I couldn't sleep. The events of today kept running through my head and now that all the adrenaline was out of my system, my shoulder was excruciatingly painful. The image that stuck most in my head was of me holding the gun. Would I have shot? Could I have shot?

Reviews: 0
Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 am
sherlocklives says...

Skyler:

I woke up with Issaac's warm hands wrapped around me. His presence comforted me. I felt peaceful. It was wierd. The sun was up. Rarely did the sun come up without me already being ready for the day, but I wanted to stay in bed with Isaac all day.

Unwillingly, I pulled myself out of bed and groaned. I went to my dresser and grabbed my shorts and a baggy tshirt and headed to the bathroom. I took a long shower and aftereards didn't even bother to blowdry my hair. I was sure Isaac had never seen me this rachet, I thought as I came back to my bed room.

Isaac was sitting on the bed, holding his soulder. "Are you okay?" I was concerned. My head still ached from when I fell, and I felt a giant knot when I was brushing it, but Isaac had been shot! He must be in major pain!

"Yeah... I'm fine." He assured me.

I smiled and kissed him. "You know what I was thinking?" I grinned and my eyes danced with excitement. Isaac raised his eyebrows in unceartainty. "We should have our berry pie, oreo, and movie day today."

Isaac grinned and turned up my radio real loud. It was now my turn to raise my eyebrows. "We missed one thing when we were planning this-dancing." He said sweetly.

He gently scooped me up in his arms and we danced until the commercials came on. We were both laughing and tired. I decided, both of us can't dance, but I really didn't care! I was going to have the best day ever today.

"Want some breakfast, sleepy head?" I smiled.
~"Not all those who wander are lost."

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci