z

Young Writers Society

Through Thick and Thin (BlimeyLimey217 and Thelostone)

Reviews: 4
Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:46 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

I followed Sky down to the kitchen. Nate wasn't down there so I assumed he was still asleep."What do you want for breakfast?" Skyler asked, opening the fridge.

"Berry pies." I said with a smirk.

"Berry pies it is then!" Skyler smiled, grabbing a large recipe book out of a cabinet. "It is, afterall, berry pie, Oreo and movie day."

I sat on the counter and watched as Skyler scurried around the kitchen gathering all the ingredients, only pausing to let me lick the spoon occasionally. I tried to convince her to let me help, but she shook her head and sat me back down. It didn't take long for the pie to be ready.

"This is not all for you." She said grinning as she handed me the pie. "Take it into the living room and turn on Titanic. I'll be over in a minute."

I rolled my eyes but kissed her forehead. I set the pie down on the coffee table and stuck the Titanic DVD into the player. "Hurry! It's starting!" I yelled, sticking a finger into the pie.

"Coming!" She hustled out of the kitchen with Oreos and peanut butter in one hand and forks in the other. "Hey! I was going to bring you a fork."

"Forks are for chumps." I laughed, licking my finger. "In the old days men didn't use forks."

Skyler sat down next to me and opened the peanut butter. "Well that's only because they didn't have forks."

"Oh, I've always wanted to go on one of those." I said, pointing to the submarines on the screen.

She shook her head. "Nope. No way, looks too scary for me."

Contrary to what Skyler told me earlier, I did end up eating the entire pie by myself even before Jack saved Rose from falling into the water. I put the empty tin on the coffee table and Skyler just laughed, wiping off some berry juice on my cheek with her thumb.

When the iceberg was shown, I grabbed the remote and quickly clicked pause. "Sorry, we can't watch anymore it's too sad."

Sky raised her eyebrows. "You're such a wimp. Are you going to cry if we continue?"

I stuck out my bottom lip. "I might."

"Then we're definitely continuing." Skyler snatched the remote from me and clicked play.

I hid my face in the crook of her neck. Suddenly getting an idea, I kissed her shoulder. "There are other things we could do."

Sky's eyes closed as my lips traveled along her collarbone and up her neck. "But I..." Her sentence fell short as I continued to kiss up her neck, her jaw, and underneath her ear. She tilted her head slightly, a little smile on her lips. "I think I might like your idea better." She whispered before turning to kiss me.
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:03 am
strawberrybeaches217 says...

Skyler:

My whole body tensed up as he mentioned "other things." I had never been touched by anyone other than my dad, and I was scared. "But I.." I tried to protest, but he was so gentle. His kisses tickled me and I smiled. I did like this.. "I think I like your idea better!" I smiled and kissed him. I ran my fingers through his hair gently. He smiled gently back, his eyes full of love. I felt his warm, bare hands against my back and hesitated briefly.

I looked deeply into his eyes and played with his shirt awkwardly. Was I doing this right? Was he judging me? I thought nervously. He kissed my forehead, obviously oblivious to my doubts and I pulled his undershirt off.

My face turned bright red when I saw his abs. I knew he had been on the wrestling team and was strong and stuff, but he looked downright sexy. I smiled and traced his abs with my fingernails.

He leaned over me and kissed me in the crook of my neck. I was so entranced in his body, I was slightly startled. I placed my head gently on his chest and kissed him. He moaned a little. His voice was so sweet. I had completely lost track of the movie by this point, but I didn't care. Isaac engulfed me in his arms and began kissing me passionately. He rubbed his hands up and down my back

I looked up softly at him and our eyes met. I didn't realize we were drawing closer together, but suddenly I felt his nose against mine, then his lips, and then his tounge, worming its way inside of my mouth. I smiled against our kiss and held him there until we needed a breath. It was the best kiss I had ever had.

I never wanted this to end.

Thump, thump, thump. "Baby buffalo!" I whispered, rolling my eyes and wrapping Isaac's flannel shirt from the night before around me. The tv was off again. The movie was already over.

"Good morning slackers!!" Nate's voice cried out.

"I get you all to myself when Nate leaves for college in a couple days don't worry!" I smiled and kissed his cheek before grabbing the pie pan and standing up.

"I love you, Isaac Brooks!" I grinned, throwing his tank at him, ruffling his hair and walked towards my brother's voice.
"Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind."
O
“Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it.”

~used to be blimeylimey217

Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:39 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

As soon as Nate called down to Skyler, my blood turned cold. His voice brought back images I thought I could forget. The gun, Skyler underneath her father, the fact that I was so willing to pull the trigger. I almost killed someone. I was going to kill someone.

A piece of clothing hit me in the face, only slightly tearing me from my thoughts. When Skyler told me she loved me and I didn't reply, she glanced at me worriedly before going to see her brother.

I almost killed someone. I wanted to kill him, if I had held the gun a while longer I might've. My breathing came in short quick pants and my head started to throb. I ran out of Skyler's house, stumbling onto the street. I could feel the panic attack rising up in me until I couldn't breathe. My body started trembling as I fell on my knees on the sidewalk. I reached for my inhaler, hoping it might help but it wasn't in my pocket. It must've fallen out somewhere. I closed my eyes and counted slowly, trying to match my breathing with the numbers.

One...two...three...four...five...six...seven...eight...nine...ten...

I took in a few large gulps of air then fell back onto the pavement.

"Isaac?" Someone called. When I opened my eyes, Decker was running towards me. "Isaac, good god! Are you alright? Where's Skyler, is she safe? The last thing I saw was-"

"Yeah," I groaned, standing up. "She's safe. I'm safe. We're all okay."

Decker lead me to his car then sighed. I could tell he was trying his hardest not to scream at me. "Don't ever take off like that again, understand? You should've called the police. It's their job to fix things like that. You scared the living hell out of me. You wouldn't answer your phone."

"I lost it." I said. "Does Mom know what happened?"

"No." He said quietly. "I didn't want to worry her further. As far as she knows, your father picked you up. I will tell her eventually, after the baby arrives."

I nodded then studied the dashboard as he drove us home. I went straight upstairs and fell asleep.

"Isaac?" Skyler's voice pulled me out of my dreams. "Isaac? Hey, wake up babe."

I rubbed my eyes then slowly sat up. "What are you doing here?"

"Your step-dad let me in." She said,sitting down on the bed next to me. "Isaac, what's wrong? Why'd you leave?"

Skyler's eyes searched mine for an answer. She was worried. "Skyler, I don't think I can do this right now."

Her eyes instantly filled with tears but she blinked them away. "I understand." She whispered. "Maybe now's not the best time for a relationship." A few tears slipped out and hung off her chin. I wiped them away with my thumb and kissed her forehead. Tears of my own threatened to fall.

"I love you, Sky." I murmured. "I really do. It's just too much for me right now."

"I know." Skyler kissed the palm of my hand. " I love you too." She squeezed my hand lightly then stood up. "I just wish it didn't have to end like this."

"Me too." I mumbled, trying hard not to start crying to. I kept my eyes down at the floor as she took one last look at me then walked out.

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:25 am
sherlocklives says...

Skyler:

I walked out of the house in a daze. Isaac's mom said something on the way out, and his dad was talking to me, I'm sure, but I didn't care. I just walked. Out the door, to the car. I started the engine and everything in me gave up. Tears started pouring dowb my face. He had told me what we had was more than love. I knew I hadn't believed in lpve, but apparently I didn't believe in "more than love" either. I unlocked my phone and deleted everything in it that had to do with Isaac. I was scared... it felt as if my whole world had just collapsed. I would just have to ignore him. at school, in the store, in the street... completely foret about him. - as much as it hurt.

I drove home slowly. Nate had been worried apparently from the lecture I got when I opened the door. Alana came down quickly when she heard me crying and took me out to breakfast, claiming Nate wouldn't understand "girl things." But everything she said didn't help.

When we got back home, Alana when to Nate, andI went to my room. I was sick of feeling sorry for myself now, so I texted my best friend, Abby. We had been best friends since I had moved here, but she still didn't know about my full past. She said she was free and to come over. I quickly fixed up my makeup and said goodbye to Nate and Alana.

When I got the house, Abby was running out the door to say hello. She must've been sitting by the window waiting for me. I laughed and gave her a big hug.

"Come on in! I haven't seen you in forever! How was that camp you went to? Why haven't you replied to any of my texts? Gosh girl, you're making me look like a midget now! I'm sure you've grown!"

I listened to her ceaseless chatter for a while, and then I told my story. Abby was angry, which was kind of funny, and told me to stay away from him at all costs. School started soon, and I knew Abby would watch me like a hawk.

It was getting late, and I started heading back to my house. Abby tried to get me to go to a party with her, but like every other time she asked, I refused. This whole day was meaningless, I concluded as I wrapped myself up in Isaac's flannel tshirt he left. I would just have to make it without him...
~"Not all those who wander are lost."

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:31 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

I tried so hard to forget about Skyler for the next few days. I kept myself busy by studying for tests I wasn't assigned yet and dirtying dishes just so I could scrub away at them again. Mom noticed, of course, but she didn't say anything to me. How could she, I was studying harder than ever before and all the chores around the house were done.

Somehow, no matter how hard I worked through the day, every night just before I fell asleep thoughts of Skyler would creep into my mind and I'd end up staring at the ceiling until I finally fell asleep from exhaustion.

"Isaac?" Mom knocked on my door before opening it. Her swollen stomach poked out of the cracked door more than her face did. "This was in the mailbox for you." She set an envelope on my bedside table and smiled. "Dinner will be ready soon."

I nodded and pressed my lips together. Mom closed the door and I eyed the envelope. I could tell it wasn't junk mail because my address and name was hand written. Sighing, I got up from the floor and grabbed it off the table.

I tore it open and two tickets with a small note attached to them fell out. They were Flaming Lips concert tickets. It's almost impossible to get them unless you order months in advance. The concert date was October 19th, two days before my birthday. A folded piece of notebook paper was paperclipped to the tickets.

I got these for you for your birthday a few months ago. I thought you should have them. Happy early birthday.
-Skyler

Rage swirled inside me. How could she do this to me? Doesn't she know that this only makes it worse? I was so close to moving on, to forgetting, and then she still gives me the tickets. Selfish, that's what it is. It's selfish. She knows I won't be able to go to the concert. She knows I can't go without constantly thinking about her, a reminder that we should be going together, that I screwed everything up.

I grabbed my textbook off the floor and threw it against the wall but it didn't' relieve any of my anger.

Decker had to drag me from my bed the next morning. I had slept through first and second period. Mom came in to vacuum, thinking I was already at school but she saw me in bed and tried to wake me. I refused to move so Mom called in Decker.

I took my time in the shower, the door has a lock so neither of them could force me to hurry up. By the time I got to school, it was time for lunch. Normally I'd sit with Skyler. Since everything had happened and I switched to her school, she was the only person I knew. I wasn't hungry so I sat down in the hall outside of the cafeteria and pulled the tickets out of my pocket.

"You're in my spot."

I looked up and a girl I recognized from my government class was standing in front of me. I scowled. "It's a hallway." I snapped. "There aren't any spots."

Lena, I think her name was, raised her eyebrows and took a step back. "Wow, okay. I was just kidding. I thought you'd like some company." Her gaze fell to the tickets in my hand and she gasped. "Oh my god, are those Flaming Lips tickets?"

I nodded. Lena sat next to me, tossing her long blonde braid over her shoulder. "I'm surprised you like them." I said. "I've noticed that they aren't very popular around here. This town is pretty set in their pop music."

"Ever since they covered Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, I've loved them." She gushed, looking at the tickets as if I were holding something holy. "Last year I waited six hours to see lead singer Mark Thompson come out of his hotel in Seattle."

"Damn," I laughed. "Seattle's pretty far."

"What can I say?" Lena shrugged, popping a chip into her mouth. "I'm committed."

I glanced at the tickets. "Do you want one?" I asked. "A ticket, I mean."

Lena almost choked on her water. "Are you serious? Hell yeah, I want one. How much do you want for it? I think I have fifty at home. I know you probably paid a lot more but I can pay you the rest-"

"You don't have to pay me." I chuckled, handing her a ticket. Overhead, the bell signalling the end of lunch rang.

"Thank you so much." Lena grinned, standing up. "I'll see you sixth period?"

I nodded as she skipped off, clutching the ticket. A part of me felt guilty for giving Lena the ticket. Surely Skyler didn't expect me to take her with me? But why did I feel like I was betraying her?

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:45 am
sherlocklives says...

Skyler:

I woke up with a throbbing headache. When I opened my eyes the light pierced them. I felt sick to my stomach. I groaned and rolled over. "Skyler...." I heard Abby's soft voice from above. "Skyler...?" She repeated.

Her voice reminded me where I was, and why I felt so sick. I just groaned angain and put a pillow on top of my head. I didn't want to wake up!

"Skyler..." Abby whined. I already noon. At least half of our Sunday is over.."

I can't stand sleeping past eight! I quickly got up and out of bed. "Okay! I'm up.." I smiled a little, but I was so cranky right now. Abby convinced me to go to a party last night. I wouldn't normally have caved in, but today was the concert. Issaac had stopped sitting at lunch with me to sit with Lena. I missed him. I really tried to forget him, but apparently alchol doesn't work all of the time. "Isaac's birthday is on Tuesday..." I muttered, swinging my legs off of Abby's bed.

Abby glanced and me and didn't say anything. She hated when I talked about Isaac. "Come with me on Friday to a party?" Her eyes widened excitedly.

"Oh no!" I refused. "No, no, no, no, no!" I stated bluntly.

"Oh please!!" She whined. "You know Jason? The football jock? He said he wanted to go with you! Please, Skyler, please?? It will get your mind off of Isaac!" She begged.

"No!" I remained adament, as I swung out of bed and into the bathroom.

"It will be good for you, Sky!" She yelled through the door.

I turned on the shower as quickly as possible to keep from hearing her. I took my time lettung the hot water pour down my back. Last night was kind of fun, I mused, but I still wouldn'tdo it again.

When I got out, Abby didn't even try to convince me to go with her again. We put on our makeup and talked about what we do today and stuff. It was back to normal in our friendship. No Issaac, no parties.

We drove to Tropical Smoothie for lunch, and then we were going to go to the mall. Tropical Smoothie was one of my favorite places to eat. TIt was part of the reason I hated to leave Florida: it was Tropical Smoothie's only location.

I got the usual, a Strawbery Beach smoothie, and we sat down at a table.

"Is that Isaac??" Abby stared out the window with wide eyes.

I turned around, and my heart dropped to my stomach. Lean and he were in his car...kissing!!

"I'll go to the party with you..." I whispered. I had really lost Isaac.... I couldn't believe this.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:44 am
thelostone says...

Isaac

I picked Lena up around lunch, a few hours before the concert started. We'd been spending a lot of time together which I didn't really mind because she was good company and for the most part when I was with her I wasn't thinking about Skyler.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked, glancing over at her in the passenger seat. Her long blonde hair was tied up in a bun on top of her head and she was wearing a black band tee with The Flaming Lips scrawled across it in bright red.

"Tropical smoothie?" She suggested. I nodded and pulled into the parking lot. Lena ran in and came back out a few minutes later with two large cups. "I didn't know what you like so I just got you the same thing I got. I figure it's a smoothie, it can't really be that bad. Unless you're allergic to something. Are you?"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Nope." She smiled and waited anxiously as I tasted the smoothie. It tasted like mangoes and orange juice.

"Well?"

"Definitely tropical!" I grinned.

Lena set her cup in the cup holder and shifted so she was leaning against the window, bringing her legs up. "So are you going to Jason Dahl's party on Friday?"

I shrugged. "I doubt it. You?"

She shook her head. "I'm not really a party person."

"If you went, I might go." I mused, setting my cup next to hers. "What?" I laughed when she bit back a smile.

"I don't know how you managed it, but you got smoothie on your cheek." I stuck out my tongue but Lena shook her head and laughed. "I got it." She reached over, licked her thumb, then wiped my cheek. I became acutely aware of how close our faces were and I could tell she noticed too because her grin slowly faded and she kept her hands on my face. Her chocolate eyes met mine and before I knew what was happening, her lips were on mine.

On instinct, I kissed her back almost forgetting that it was Lena I was kissing and not Skyler. Her lips were different, unfamiliar. I pulled away and shook my head.

"Oh my god," Lena murmured, holding her fingers to her mouth. She sunk back into the seat. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

I pressed my lips together and avoided eye contact. "We should get going anyway. The venue is an hour away." I mumbled, starting the car.

The concert was amazing. The crowd was wild, loud, obnoxious, everything I imagined. The Flaming Lips sounded even better live. It was so incredibly loud that Lena and I couldn't hear each other singing along badly. As soon as the band came out, the awkwardness subsided and we temporarily forgot what happened in the car. We screamed the lyrics and waved our phones but the whole time I kept thinking it should be Skyler next to me.

"That was insane." Lena gushed as we walked back out to the car.

I nodded absentmindedly, throwing the car into gear. Lena noticed my lack of enthusiasm and spent the rest of the car ride home staring out the window.

"Thanks." She said, unbuckling her seatbelt. "And I'm sorry about-"

"Lena, it's not that I don't find you attractive," I sighed, "I'm just not looking for a relationship or anything right now."

"I understand." She gave me a sad smile and hopped out. "Thanks for the ticket. I'll see you around."

Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:58 am
sherlocklives says...

Skyler:

For the next few days at school, I saw very little of Isaac. Lena had taken him into her world of friends, and Abby had introduced me to her world of party people and football jocks. I didn't enjoy it very much, but I almost felt as if there was no other option for me at this point.

Abby busied me so much, I barely had time to think about Isaac. On Monday, we had to find a dress for the party. On Tuesday it was the shoes. On Wednesday, it was all of the accessories, and on Thursday, I had to watch her dance recital. I couldn't believe how big of a deal she was making about this. I dreaded Friday. Usually when I wet to a party, I drank a few beers and isolated myself but this time, Abby assured me she'd find me a guy. I was frankly scared.

Friday morning came way faster than I wanted. Abby picked me up for school.

"Are you excited?" She asked excitedly, he smile beaming.

"Mmhmm.." I nodded unenthusiastically.

"You're just tired! You'll be more excited later!" She assured me. "Look who we have here.." She said as we drove up to school.

I looked in her direction to see Isaac and Lena. I was so irratated to see her swinging that long, blonde ponytail. She was so...aggrivating! Isaac turned his face, and it softened as he stared into my eyes. It was like our first kiss. His eyes always felt so kind, deep, touching to me. I quickly looked away. I was breathing heavily. I gathered my backpack quickly and hopped out of the car quickly before Abby lecturedvme for caring.

I was walking directly behind Isaac my head down, into this dungeon of a school. I missed him. I think.. I needed him.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:49 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

"So have you decided if you're going to the party?"

Lena's voice pulled me out of my daze. I scrunched my eyes together and squeezed the bridge of my nose. "Sorry, I'm just a little out of it today." I mumbled. "And, uh, I guess. Why not?" A party is a great distraction and that's exactly what I need.

Lena grinned. "Good. I'll be there."

I tried to make my smile convincing but when she sighed and dropped her gaze to the floor, I knew she could see right through it. Past her, I caught a glimpse of Skyler and some other girl I didn't remember getting out of a car. Her eyes strayed into mine for just a moment too long before breaking away and disappearing into the crowd of people.

When I told Mom I was going out, she didn't object. I was pretty sure it was because she was getting sick of me staying cooped up in my room all day and at this point didn't care what I was doing or going as long as I was leaving the house.

I arrived at the party fairly late because my car had stalled on the way over and refused to restart until a kind stranger offered to jump start it. Lena and I took separate cars because things were still a little too awkward from the last time we were both in one car.

I paid my ten dollars at the gate and two varsity jocks who were clearly already wasted handed me my red cup. They laughed and snorted as they struggled to fill my cup. I mumbled a thank you then took a deep breath and walked in. The music slammed into my ears, probably louder than it was at the concert. I found Lena standing alone near one of the amps.

"How are you doing it?" I yelled when I walked up to her.

"Do what?" She yelled back. We both laughed then stepped away from the amp, trying to avoid bumping into any of the various couples who should be in a room and not in the middle of everything.

"How long have you been here?" I asked. My ears still pounded from the loudness.

She shrugged. "Not long. Bit of a drag, though. These aren't really my type of people. What took you so long? It's already almost midnight."

"Oh, my car-" My explanation fell short when I saw Skyler flirting with Jason by the stairs. She was twirling her hair and laughing a bit too loudly to be sincere. I watched as he leaned over and whispered something in her ear. Her smile dropped but she still took his hand. As he lead her up the stairs, she glanced around locking eyes with me.

I wanted to reach out or say something but my mouth stayed shut and my feet stayed glued to the ground. I could see her lips trembling as she continued up the stairs. We didn't break eye contact until I couldn't see her anymore.

"Oh, right." Lena sighed. "I forgot you two had a thing."

"What?" I blinked, turning back to face her. I looked down at my full cup and tossed it back. "I should go fill this up again," I said, desperate to get out. "Gotta get my ten dollars worth."

I quickly squeezed through the mass of people to get to the kitchen. I saw a trash can and threw away my cup. I didn't want more to drink, what I wanted was Skyler.

"Hey, man. Pass the vodka."

I whipped around and Jason was pointing drunkedly at the bottle on the counter. "Weren't you with Skyler?" I asked, grabbing the bottle. "Is she alright? Where is she?"

"Dude, she's freaking out over nothing." He said, unscrewing the cap. "I just wanted something easy, is it that damn hard to find?"

I pushed my way up the stairs and called for Skyler. I was hoping I wouldn't have to start opening bedroom doors but since she didn't answer it looked as if I didn't have another choice. One door at the end of the hall caught my eye. The door wasn't completely closed. Either it was empty or someone left without bothering to close the door behind him.

I found Skyler on her knees with her face almost touching the floor. Her chest was rising and falling rapidly as she gasped for breath and I immediately knew she was having a panic attack.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:01 am
sherlocklives says...

Skyler:

Abby came over early and made sure I looked perfect. It was fun doing all sort of girly things with her, but I didn't want to go tonight.

We took her car, so we both wouldn't have to go, but that meant I wouldn't be able to leave. When we went in, I found a corner and Abby found someone to dance with. It took quite a while for her to find me, but when she did, she directed me straught back to Jason.

He was quite frankly annoying. I knew he just wanted me for tonight, but this was for Abby, I guess.. I twirled my hair and laughed abnoxiously out of nervousness, and when he whispered those words in my ear, I paniced. I didn't want to make a fool of myself so I took his hand, but when I turned towards the stairs....I saw him. I couldn't believe it! It was like the whole world was tuned out, just for him...Isaac. His gentle, piercing stare. He briught a lot of memories with him. When I got to the top of the stairs, Jason led me to a dark room, and I paniced. I felt light headed and short of breath. Jason was whispering softly things he thought I might like, but he just made it worse. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Jason yelled at me quickly and stormed off. It felt like forever before someone came up again. I knew I was going to pass out soon. My whole body shook. I heard someone say my name, but I felt to weak to respond. Then the light was gone in the doorway for a moment. Someone was standing in the way. I didn't bother to look up, in fear that it was Jason again

Suddenly, two feet were next to mine. Two knees were bending. Two arms wrapped me up in a big blanket. Two hands gentling took my own. And two eyes stared into mine.

"It's gonna be okay." He sat on his knees gently rocking back and forth. "I lpve you,Skyler.."

My heart stopped for just a secons, and I smiled. I still felt panicky, but safe. I felt the prescence of his face next to mine. He lifted my chin up slightly. My whole body calmed for an instant. Our lips connected, and it was like nothing before. It was the best kiss I had ever experienced! Isaac was mine again. I was ok again. The panic was gone.

"Let me take you home!" He whispered, leading me downstairs and then to the door.

The drive was peaceful. He told me all about Lena, and I told him about Abby. When we got home, he didn't turn off his car. Memories flooded of the last time. I quickly clasped his hand. "Stay with me?" I smiled.

(Stupid phone won't let me delete this! Sorry! Lol!) got home,got home, he
Two feet were nextnd me, and two hands clasped me own comfortingly. I tilted

Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:31 pm
thelostone says...

Isaac

"Stay with me?" Skyler pleaded, grasping my arm.

"I'll always stay with you." I murmured. She smiled and lead me upstairs. I laid with her, tracing patterns on her skin and twisting locks of her hair until she fell asleep. I kissed her forehead and quietly slipped out.

The next morning Decker woke me by banging his fist loudly against my door. I mumbled something and yanked the blankets back over my head. In a matter of seconds they were gone and goosebumps trailed up my skin.

"Hey, you said you'd help me decorate the baby's room." Decker nudged me with an unopened can of paint. "Come on, lazy. Get your ass up, it's time to work."

I groaned but obliged. I pulled on some ratty clothes and texted Skyler asking if she'd like to come over and help. The whole thing that happened last night was confusing. Where did that leave us? Are we back together again, or was it a one time thing?

Skyler's response was simple, saying she'd be over in a few minutes. Nothing to indicate that we were anything other than friends.

"I'm taking your mother out to lunch today so I won't be of much help." Decker said as he poured pale pink paint into a tray.

I waved him off. "It's fine, Skyler's coming to help me."

Decker raised his eyebrows but didn't ask questions. "Alright. Now, these three walls need one more coat of that light green color," he said, pointing to the tray of green. "And the last wall needs one more of the pink." He slapped me on the back and handed me a paint roller. "Good luck, try not to make a mess."

Skyler arrived a few minutes after Mom and Decker left for their lunch out. "Hey," She gave me an awkward half wave when she walked in. "Oh, wow. This is looking good."

"Decker said we just need to put the last coats on and then it'll be ready to be furnished." I handed her a roller. "Thanks for coming to help, by the way."

"Oh, no problem." She smiled, dipping it into the paint. I turned on the battered radio Decker had propped up on a stool and mainstream pop filled the room. We painted the walls silently until there was nothing left to paint anymore. "I should, uh, go-"

"Sky, wait." I grabbed her gently as she turned to leave. "We should talk about what happened last night. Where does that leave us?"

Skyler took a deep breath and shrugged. "I don't know, Isaac. You were the one who decided we should break up. So you tell me."

I took her face in my hands and ran my thumb over her cheek. "That was the dumbest mistake I ever made."

She blushed and shyly looked away. "Yeah, it was kind of dumb, wasn't it?"

"Very dumb." I laughed, bringing her mouth to mine. Kissing her again felt like coming home.

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes