z

Young Writers Society

Gemstone Knights

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:30 pm
KingLucifer says...

Nabaat Graveborn

The moment I found that damned door, I as immediately curious, when I say immediately, I mean an unnatural amount of curiosity. I never felt such a need to investigate before until now. But I would have never have guessed that pull would change my life forever, I feel my hand on the nob and begin to turn it, I open the door and I am pulled in without second thought. I am disorientated as I fly though this place of different colors, swirling and colliding with one another to make these different colors that I couldn't even put a name to. Then I felt the pain in my chest, I suddenly felt like I was about to be torn apart from inside I writhed and placed my hands over my chest, what was wrong? why did I feel like I was about to die? The pain continued and until finally I blacked out thinking I was dead.

"Hey, hey, hey Miss! you okay? miss!" I heard a male voice call to me.

My eyes fluttered open, and there I saw him, him was... handsome. Sharp masculine features, white blond hair, and eye's that seemed to bore into you, he looked tough, but his eyes showed concern.

"Thank the lord, your alive," he said, his voice was deep.

I slowly sat up, groaning in pain as I placed my right hand over my left breast, remembering the excruciating pain I felt as I flew though, whatever that was. The pain was gone and now I was here with some guy who now that eyes focus more clearly, looked more like a man who had to be in his late fifties than anything. "Can you stand?" he asked. I nodded, I slowly got to my feet, dusting myself off seeing the ground beneath me was somehow, different.

"Would you tell me your name please?" he asked.

"I'm Nabaat,"I said finally, "and you are?"

"I am Genesis, I am the Master Knight, and the one who had summoned you here," he said.

"Summoned... me?" I looked around and saw tents, horses, markets, things that seemed straight out of the renaissance era. I turned back to Genesis who I had been walking away from, "so where am I then?" I asked. "You are in the Realm of Knights, you are among the randomly chosen to join us as a Knight," he said. "Please join me with the others that have also been chosen for this task."

I was hesitant at first, but now, knights? horses? I allowed my imagination take over, now I was eager to see just how far this would go.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:20 pm
Redfang18 says...

Angelus Pacis

I was on my way home from having to stay after school for piano practice. It wasn't at all my fault that I had an affinity for piano music, although no one in my family was a musical like I was. I was dedicated and loyal to my musical skills, but nothing prepared me for that one event which turned my whole world over to a brand new leaf. I was about halfway home when I spotted some strange-looking door. Knowing that my folks wouldn't be home until late anyway, I let my curiosity get the best of me and turned the knob of the door.

At first I wasn't sure what was happening, but the next thing I knew, I was being pulled through the door and thrown around like I was a tennis ball as my head started spinning from the many colors that spun and twisted before my eyes. It was happening so fast, I wasn't feeling so good and I thought I was going to hurl. My feet was in midair for some time, then landed on solid ground, falling on my hands and knees as I was started to gag.

A man's voice groaned, "Someone just had to keep their eyes open while answering the call. That's not a pleasant sight."

I gagged more, then hurled violently, coughing up whatever was left behind. I coughed some more, then tried to get back on my feet, my legs wobbling a little bit as I tried to stand tall. As my eyes focused more clearly, I looked around to study my surroundings. It was like I was suddenly brought into the Middle Ages, stone cottages and everything with a castle up ahead that seemed to oversee the village around me. I rubbed my eyes a moment and blinked. I just know I wasn't dreaming. I looked around more and said curiously, "There's no possible way in the world I could've gone through time. Just where did I wind up in this time?"

The man's voice answered, "The Realm of Knights, where you and several others have been randomly selected to become a Knight." When I turned around, I was facing a man dressed in grey and a young woman next to him. The men in grey cleared his throat as I was beginning to stare at the woman beside him and asked me, "What's your name, young man?"

I looked at the man to answer his question. "Angelus Pacis. It's Latin for 'angel peace,' although there's hardly any peace around where I live." As the man headed towards the castle, I followed him without another word. It was hard not to take a quick peek or stare at the young woman beside me. I didn't know who she was, but she looked good enough to steal a kiss and cling against my chest if I was given the chance.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:26 pm
KingLucifer says...

Nabaat Graveborn

We were lead to the Castle that seemed to overlook the entire village, with Angelus in tow who seemed to stare at me every time I turned around, which was creepy. We went up the hill in which the castle was perched, I had seen castles before, but this was unlike anything that I've seen. There was a moat around the castle and towers, and everything that seemed to be from a a little girls dream of being princess. Then the drawbridge of the castle began to lower ever so slowly, until finally it touched down.

We walked in as the drawbridge started to close behind us the placed seemed void of people and slightly chilly on the inside. I cursed beneath my breath, wishing I had brought my jacket, but all I had on was a short sleeve white shirt, belted form fitting jeans and glasses. I hated the fact that I had glasses and that I couldn't see a long distances, which is why I needed the glasses to improve my sight. "Upstairs you two, my comrades at arms will take over from here," the Master Knight said.

"Comrades?" I questioned looking at the Master Knight.

"You'll see, go on you two," he said.

We went up the winding stairs that twisted upwards to a second floor then two hallways and at the center between the stairs and hallways was an iron gate. I wondered if we're supposed to go into the iron gate, Angelus seemed to somehow know because he went straight for the iron gate. He opened it and then waited for me, I quickly moved not entirely certain which way to go, might as well follow. We soon found ourselves in a long hallway with torches lighting the way, I stayed just behind Angelus until we came to a big wooden door.

We moved inside and inside we saw others that looked about my age, maybe a little older they stood together, as suits of armor stood just behind pedestals. There were two suits of each color, one was smaller than the other, in the middle of the suits and pedestals stood just one gray suit of armor and one pedestal.

"Welcome, recruits," a voice boomed, it wasn't the Master Knight's voice.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:20 pm
Redfang18 says...

Angelus Pacis

Just by looking at the pedestals, I knew the small ovals in the center were gems. I knew each pair on sight - the deep amethyst, dark emerald, bright topaz, cloudy opal, clear diamond, and silk-like pearl. Six pairs of gems, one gem per suit of armor, save for one suit that was grey as old armor. I couldn't put my finger on who the thirteenth suit of armor belonged to, but I had the feeling that it was meant for someone rather special.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone smacked me upside the head and snapped, "Quit goggling at the armor, rookie. You won't progress in your development as a Knight if you do that."

I turned around and saw a man wearing a green cloak, the clasp of the cloak just a small thumbnail-sized emerald. I swallowed hard. If I was going to be in training, I guessed I had to man up. I took an uneasy breath and asked, "I suppose you're one of the comrades in arms that I was told about?"

The cloaked man gave me a hard glare with his bright green eyes and growled, "Don't cock an attitude, rookie-boy. Here in the Realm of Knights, training is essential. You mess up in battle, the price is on your head. Don't even think about trying to get out of here either. Once you enter this place, you're not leaving unless you were ordered to." He looked around and raised his voice. "All you rookies, listen up. Here in this room, you will be chosen by one of the gemstones on the pedestals. You don't choose the gemstones, they choose you. The armor comes with the gemstone that chose you, along with the specific weapons and abilities. As there are twelve of you, there are twelve of us experienced Knights - eleven of us as well as the Master Knight.

"Once you've reached your full potential, you will compete against one another for the title as your generation's new Master Knight. The last one standing will compete against the current Master Knight to prove their worth. If you stand victorious, then you've earned the right to hold and bear the Grey Crystal until it is your time to select potential successors of your own. If you stand in defeat against the current Master Knight, then the one you defeated will take their shot." He turned his attention to the pedestals. "Let the ceremony commence."

No sooner did he speak those words, one of the emeralds levitated from its pedestal and came towards me. Without hesitating, I took the emerald in my left hand. A word escaped my lips: "Esmeralda." The Spanish word for "emerald." The gemstone felt warm in my hand, almost like it welcomed me openly.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria