z

Young Writers Society

Irrevocable Love (TaylorLove and TheLostOne)

Reviews: 4
Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 am
thelostone says...

Spoiler! :
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History (basics):
Power:
Other:

Spoiler! :
You start on your profile and I'll start on mine :)
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:15 am
TaylorLove says...

Name: Zoey Gordon
Personality:Zoey is a very interesting person. She is very fiesty and scarcastic. She is very senstive, so she gets mad and upset really easily. She will not put up with crap. If you get on her good side she is a lot of fun though. If you are a person Zoey loves in any way, shape or form, she is a totally new person. She is loveable and loves to be near you. She may not seem that way at first but if you take the time to get to know her, you will never want to leave her.
Appearance: She is very fit and lean. She always looks nice. She is about 5'8.
History (basics):She was born with the power to move objects with her mind. It goes crazy when she gets mad and that makes her really upset. She was adopted because both of her parents died in a car crash. He adopted family is pretty normal. She is very close with her older sister and older brother. She was born in a very safe house hold.
Power: Move objects with mind
Other: She has never seen snow or the beach. She has always wanted that. Zoey needs a guy that can break her walls down and just love her.She is not the kind of person that likes space. When she is upset she wants someone there. she hated being alone. She is also amazing at ballet.
Attachments
blair.png
blair.png (60.48 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:34 am
thelostone says...

Name: Logan O'Hara

Personality: Logan has a tough exterior but on the inside he's very kind and gentle. He doesn't like to talk much about emotional topics so he usually avoids it and pushes his real feelings back down. He's fun but only after you break the surface. He keeps to himself so he won't be the first to talk. After he warms up he loves to joke around and he tries really hard to not let his emotions get the best of him. He is scared of loving or getting close to anyone because he's seen what love does when it goes wrong.

Appearance: Messy kinda shaggy brown hair and matching brown eyes. Not super buff but enough to see his muscle definition. Tall (6'2) and sorta lanky. He has little scars all in his back from when the bottle smashed against his back, embedding it with glass.

History (basics): Up until Logan was eleven, his parents had a pretty good relationship, they kissed each other after work and they were usually always laughing. Slowly, Logan watched it crumble. Family dinners got silent, he often woke up to an empty house, he lost sleep because of all the screaming. His parents would often throw things whenever fights escalated and Logan usually hid up in his room and tried to drown out their screams. This vicious cycle went on until he was seventeen, but by then he had become a master at being invisible. He stays out of the house as much as possible to avoid the fights. When he was seventeen his mom left and he never saw her again. His dad became dependent on alcohol and once threw a bottle at Logan.

Power: Able to control water, make it into a solid, liquid or gas. Can make it do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Other: Logan is very good at playing the piano because his mom taught him but he hasn't played since she left. His dad put their old grand piano in their basement with boxes piled on top.
Attachments
Logan O'Hara.jpg
Logan O'Hara.jpg (39.42 KiB) Viewed 498 times

Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:57 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I go into the shower room to shower after a hard pratice. I let the cool water cleanse my skin and my hair. After I wash my hair I get out and wrap the towel around my. Heading to my locker, I get out my clothes and sigh. I hear girls talking , so I turn around. "I have no idea why she is the top, she not even that skinny." I hear one of them say.

"It just proves you don't have to starve yourself to get to the top. " I chirp. I walk into the changing area and change into skinny jeans and and black and white polkadot shirt. I let my hair air dry and begin to leave.

"She does not even deserve to be here." One of the girls say behind me.

"You know I was just thinking about the fact that your rich daddy have to pay a bucket full of money to get you in this school and mine did not have to pay a cent. But I have no talent." I say over dramatically.

"Well he is not even your real dad." She spits back.

"Oh, your smart too. I am so glad that you noticed that he is black and I am white as a ghost. Brilliant observation." I yell. I walk out of the studio. I cannot stand those girl they are not lucky I do not send them flying across the room. I would get a kick out of they.

I walk till I can walk in the cross walk and begin to cross the street to the little cafe I go everyday. A car slams on breaks right before it runs over me. "Um, I do not think you should be driving if you cannot see. See that light?" I ask. "IT IS ON RED. IT MEANS STOP." I yell. I change my mood and smile. "Have a nice day." As I walk to the other side of the road, I make his tire go flat and smile.
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:37 am
thelostone says...

Logan

"I'm going out." I grumbled as I walked past my dad.

He nodded, his eyes hazy and brought the bottle of whiskey back up to his mouth.

I rolled my eyes and tried to keep my anger under control. I hopped into my car and started it up. I didn't know where I was going but I was damn sure getting there fast. I turned on the radio and let it fill my pick up truck with whatever song it was playing. I glanced down to grab my phone when the light switched red and a girl crossed the street. I slammed on my brakes to avoid hitting her and took a deep breath as she yelled something from outside of the car. She walked away and the light turned green. I pressed the gas pedal and knew immediately that my tires were flat. I clenched my teeth together and slammed the door as I got out.

"Hey!" I ran after the girl who crossed the street but she ignored me. "HEY IM TALKING TO YOU." I said louder and grabbed her wrist. "Did you do that to my car?" I asked, out of breath.

She shrugged.

"I-I could get you arrested for that." I threatened.

"For what?!" She laughed. "That I was crossing the street and you hit me?"

I took another deep breath and let go of her wrist. "Look, whoever you are-"

"Zoey," She cut me off. "My name is Zoey."

"Everyone has bad days but that doesn't mean you have the right to make other people's worse." I gritted my teeth and walked back to my car. I sat in the drivers seat and held my head in my hands

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:30 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey

"It's not like I knew your emotional stand point when I crossed the street." I say. I do feel a little back, I should at least fix the tire. "Don't get your panties in a wad, I will fix it." I go the back tire and take it off with my mind. Thank God for this town. We don't have busy streets, so I can openly use my power at this moment. I make sure he is not looking as I do so. I make sure I keep everything steady as move to tire. When I am done I hit on the back of the truck. "Hey, it's done."

He turns around, looking all to much surprised. "Yeah, right." He gets out and looks at it and then looks at me. "You did not get dirty at all."

"Nope. Now I am sorry that I made your day worse, hope that it gets better, bye." I say and walk away. I have no desire for food anymore so I was just going to go home. It's a long walk, but oh well. My car is broken down, so I have no choice. I begin my walk home and it goes from clear skies to raining cats and dogs. "Great." I say. Up ahead I see a car that is stopped and I run to get into it. If it was any other town than this, I would never get into someone's car.

"Where too?" The same guy from before asks.

"Wickers drive." I say. "Thanks for the ride."
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:10 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

"Thanks for the ride." Zoey grimaced.

"No problem." I said, shifting the car into gear. "My name is Logan by the way."

"Nice to meet you." She squeezed some water out of her hair and I stifled a laugh.

"You think that's funny, huh?" She asked.

"Just a little." I admitted. The rain began to pour and I pulled over on the side of the empty road.

"What are you doing?" She snapped.

"We can't drive in this." I said simply. "We'll just have to wait until it clears up a little."

She sighed and looked out of the window. "So, what made your day bad?"

"Got a bad grade." I lied. She didn't need to know about my dad.

"Oh." She said softly.

"What about you?" I added.

"Just some bitches at practice." She said.

We sat in silence for a moment just watching the rain. Should I show her my ability? She's got to be special too I mean she fixed my tires without getting dirty. She'll think you're a freak. Whatever I probably won't see her again anyways.

I held out my hand and the raindrops on Zoeys window started to move at my will. I smirked a little as she watched the drops in fascination as they spelled out: hi.

She whipped around to me, her eyes were wide. "Did you do that?"

I nodded. "Roll down your window."

She did what I said and I quickly made the rain into a ball and brought it into the car. She closed the window and watched closely. I made the ball of water form the shape of a Z. With the small flex of my hand it froze solid and dropped onto her lap.

"Uh, I don't know what you're gonna do with that," I laughed nervously. "But maybe it'll make your bad day a tiny bit better."

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 pm
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I smile and turn to face him. "Thank you." I sit there and think for a while, should I show him my gift. I mean he just froze water. I look at the Z in my hand and move it with my mind over to him. It floats in mid air about a foot from his face.

"So that's how your changed my tire." He smiles.

I nod and laugh. "Yep." I say. "I have not met someone that has powers like I do before. It is nice to know I am not the only one." I tell him.

"It is. Do your parents know?" He asks.

I nod. If I did not have a temper they would not know. "Yes, they do. They admire differences and I am glad they do."

"It would not be good if they did not accept diffent people." He says and I laugh. "What?"

"My power if one thing, on the other hand if they did not accept different people, my life would be pretty awkard." I explain.

"What do you mean." He asks, confused.

"I am adopted and my whole family is african american." I tell him.

"Oh, that would be pretty awkard." He admits.

The rain get more heavy the more we sit their. I take my jacket out of my bad and cover up. "Well, since we are sitting here in this car, tell me about yourself Logan."
-Winnie the Pooh

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:40 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

"Tell me about yourself, Logan." She turned towards me and I gulped.

"Ahaha," I laughed dryly, avoiding eye contact. "Uh, my favorite color is blue and I'm an only child."

She nodded along, expecting me to say more.

"What about you?" I asked so I didn't have to answer anymore.

"I just told you." She put her legs up on the dash board.

"Not really." I protested. "What sport do you play?"

"Sport?"

"Yeah. You said you had practice today."

"Oh. Ballet." She answered.

I nodded. A dancer. I glanced at her legs which were still propped up on the dash. They were lean and long, just like a dancer's.

"Do you play sports?" She asked.

A small voice in my head told me to lie, to tell her I did play and that I was, in fact, the best on the team. But then again, I have no knowledge of sports and therefore I decided against it.

"Uh, no." I said. "I don't have time."

"Oh yeah? Too busy running over girls with your crap truck?" She teased.

"Okay, one, it's not crap and if you insult my baby like that again I will hit you next time. And two, well I'm not really busy I'm just not into sports."

"So you're a liar." She raised her eyebrows and I held my hands up in surrender.

"No! No, I just said-"

"You said you were busy then told me that you weren't actually busy which makes you a liar and I don't know if I should trust you to take me home. You might lie and take us to the woods where you could murder me." She joked, her pretty dark eyes sparkled as she talked.

"Hmm, then I guess you should get out and walk home." I leaned over and opened the door for her. The rain came pounding into her side of the car, splattering her with water.

"Stop! Stop!" She squealed. "I was kidding! Geez."

She closed the door and I flipped on the radio.

Zoey's face crinkled in disgust and she fumbled with the station.

"Hey, driver controls the radio. Ever heard of that rule?" I laughed.

"You're not even driving!" She cried and finally settled on a station.
"

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:37 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey

I take a moment and just look at him. I smile and shake my head. There is just something about him that I like about him. I look down at my lap and sigh. I can't get hurt again, not after that last relationship. I can still be his friend, right?

The rain lights up and the sun goes up. "Look at that." I say.

"That is a change." He says, looking at the sky.

"Yep, weather is so bipolar." I say. He begins to drive and I give him directions and we drive to my house. Right as he pulls into the driveway, it starts to rain again. I laugh and role my ear. "Come on in."

We get out of the car and run into the house. We take off our shoes at the door and I laugh. "Are your parents home?" He asks.

"No, they are visiting my sister at her college. She need my dad to fix her car." I say.
He looks around our house and sees all the decorations. "Getting an early start this year?" He asks.

"Hey, Christmas is right around the corner. If we shrug it off, then we will have nothing done." I say.

"I guess that is true." He says.

I smile and hop up in the counter and smile. "What did you laugh when I asked you about your past?" I ask him
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:56 am
thelostone says...

Logan

Back to talking about me. Awesome. "In the wise words of Emma Watson, 'The less you reveal the more people can wonder'." I grinned.

Zoey rolled her eyes. "I think she meant clothes."

"It's still a good quote." I said. "Uh, how long until your parents come back?"

"A little while. Why? You need to get home?" She asked. "Does your girlfriend wonder where you are? Oh, does your mom want you home for dinner?"

I chewed the inside of my cheek when she said the word 'mom'. "She left." I took in a deep breath. "So, no. She doesn't want me home for dinner." I leaned against the counter. "Also, I don't have a girlfriend."

"Oh. I'm sorry about your mom." She said softly. "Is that what you didn't want to tell me?"

I glanced around the room, looking anywhere but her eyes. "I dunno. I-I'm not good at this sort of stuff.."

"What stuff?" She laughed. "Talking?"

I finally brought my eyes to meet hers. "Yeah." I said sheepishly.

"I'll get it out of you, don't worry." She teased. "What is it? Did you kill someone? Oo, or did you steal something?"

"Definitely the first one." I laughed. "Don't turn me in, okay? I promise, I'm a changed man!"

"Hmm.. We'll see about that." She hopped off the counter and ran to the pantry. "I'm starving. Do you want to make something?"

"How about you make it and I cheer you on." I smiled.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey

I laugh and roll my eyes. "I guess I owe you for giving me a ride." I say. I quickly make some mac and cheese. I pour it into two bowls. I hand him his and a glass of water. He looks at me and tilts his head. "What?" I ask.

"Spoons?" He asks.

"Oh, sorry." I say. I get two spoons and walk back over to him. We sit on the stools of the island.

"Thanks." He says. He looks at the counter and sees a piece of paper. He grabs it and begins to read.

"No don't read that." I say trying to grab it but he pulls it away. I sigh and sit back on the stool.

"So you still believe in Santa?" He asks, laughing.

"No, I have a little sister and she wanted me to write one. I did not want to ruin it for her." I say.

"Oh, how kind of you." He jokes. "Dear Santa, My one Christmas wish is to see snow for the first time." He reads. "You have never seen snow?"

I shake my head. "No." I say.

Lighting bursts and I just and scream a little. He laughs and shakes his head. "Jumpy?" He asks.

"Very much so." I laugh.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 am
thelostone says...

Logan

We finished eating and she glanced at the clock. "Oh my god, I forgot." She murmured.

"What?" I asked.

"Dance. Uh, I have to go to the studio. I was supposed to be there thirty minutes ago. I'll see you later okay?" She ushered me to the door and I said goodbye. I drove home and Dad was sprawled out on the couch, passed out.

I went upstairs and tried to occupy myself but for some reason I couldn't get Zoey out of my head.

I have never been spontaneous before in my life but something inside me needed to be around her all the time. I gave in and drove to the only dance studio in town. I parked and walked towards the front door but when I pulled on it, it was locked.

"Dammit." I mumbled and checked the windows for the hours. 9AM-6PM. I looked at my phone. 7:18PM. They were closed. They can't be closed. Zoey said she was in there. I walked around to the side of the building and I heard a couple notes of Swan Lake drifting from inside. I found the back door and thankfully it was unlocked. I tip toed inside an auditorium. The soft piano music filled the room and a girl which I presumed to be Zoey was on the big stage. The lights were directed onto the stage and the rest of the room was dark so I crept into one of the seats towards the back and sunk down. I noticed a grand piano at the bottom of the stage but I turned my attention to Zoey. I watched in awe as Zoey twirled and leaped across the sage. Her long legs were gorgeous and I loved everything about watching her. Occasionally she'd take a break and drink from her water bottle or stretch but even when she did that, she looked like the most delicate thing I've ever seen.

I had to get closer.

I slowly moved a couple rows further up but I tripped and Zoey snapped out of her trance.

"Who's there?" She called, the music still playing.

"Uh, that would be me." I raised my hand awkwardly. "Do you know this place is closed?"

"Logan? What are you doing here?" She asked and I walked onto the stage.

"Good question. Uh, I don't really know. I uh, just wanted to see if you made it here okay and then I saw you dancing and uh, you're really good." I rambled.

She laughed. "Thanks."

"Don't stop. Keep going." I encouraged her and backed away. "I'll behave."

Her cheeks turned a light pink. "If you insist."

She walked back over to the CD player and started Swan Lake over again. She started to dance again and I tried really hard not to look stupid while I was watching her.

In the middle of one of her turns, the CD player shut off, cutting her dance short.

"Shit." She murmured and ran over to the player. "Well it looks like that's all you're going to see today. It's broke."

I eyed the piano and took a deep breath. "If I play it for you will you still dance?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"The piano. I haven't played in a while but Swan Lake was one of the first songs I learned." I got off stage and pulled the cover off the piano. It's glistening keys called for me to press them. I resisted the urge to run my fingers over all the keys. "If I play it, will you dance?"

"I didn't know you played the piano." She smiled and sat down on the edge of the stage. "Play something else first and then I'll dance. I need a break."

My hands trembled a bit as I rested them above the keys.

The way you hold your hands is very important, Logan. Pretend there's glass underneath your palms. Keep them high so they don't smash it.

My mom's voice ran through my head and I twitched my head to the side as if I could shake her voice out. This is why I haven't played.

I swallowed and gently pressed on the keys. The music rang through the auditorium. My hands moved across the keyboard pressing each one. I kept my eyes open but unfocused, reading the music sheet off my memory. I didn't need my mom's voice to tell me where to put my hands and how to play, I knew it by heart. My breathing was shallow but steady. It brought chills to my arms. The ringing high notes and the deep low notes. Somehow when I played they came together perfectly, like they were made for us to hear and only us. The music danced around us, telling the story. The notes grew louder then softer, and then finally they came to a stop.

"Wow, Logan." Zoey breathed.

I cleared my throat and smiled. It felt so good to play but just like I feared, now that I started to play again I never want to stop.

"Now will you dance?" I asked.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:11 am
TaylorLove says...

I nod and smile shyly. I go to the center of the stage and nod to him. He starts to play and I begin to dance. It sounded so beautiful. Before I could not get my mind straight, but now that Logan is hear I can. I spin across the stage as deciatly as I can, but it feels effortless. I smile to myself as I finish the dance and I take a deep breath. Logan claps and I smile. "That was amazing.” I say. “It was perfect.” I walk over to him and take a sip of my water.

“It really was.” He says.

I blush and look down at the ground. What is wrong with me? I know know what happens next. I am going to give in and get hurt. It always happens. I fake a smile and walk over to my stuff. I pull my yoga pants over my leotard and the take my tutu off. “Are you okay?” He asks.

I nod and lie. “I am fine.”

“You know, I just met you and I can already tell you are lying, what’s wrong?” He asks.
I sigh. “I am just thinking about stuff that does not even matter.” I say. “Thank you for playing. It helped a lot.”

“Anytime. Zoey, that really was amazing.” He tells me.

I blush again. Maybe he is not like the others. Maybe I realy found a good guy. I try to push all of my fears aside. Maybe I am just jumping to conclusions.

“Thank you. It felt amazing to dance like that. Don’t even get me started on your playing, not that was awesome.” I say.

He just looks and me and I bite me lip and blush. This is the first guy I have ever met that can make me blush just by looking at me.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:37 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

"So." I said, shoving my hands into my pockets. "How did you get here? I thought you said your car was broken."

"I walked." She answered. "It's not too far from my house."

"Too far?" I laughed. "It's like three miles."

She shrugged.

"No." I said and shook my head. "Nope. I'm driving you home. You don't have a choice. You're not walking."

"Logan," she laughed slightly. "I'll be fine walking. Really, I will."

I shook my head and grabbed her bag, slinging it over my shoulder. "Nope. Now come on or I'll keep your ballerina stuff hostage and I don't think you want that."

"Logan!" She laughed louder and jumped up to try and grab her bag. "Stop it! Give it back!"

"Nuh uh." I smirked and held it higher out of her reach. "Now come on it's getting late. Just because it's almost Christmas break is no excuse for going to bed late on a school night."

"Aww." She scrunched her nose and pouted. "But break is tomorrow! We won't even do anything at school!"

I scooped her up and carried her outside to my truck. I opened her door and set her inside.

"You're no fun." She whined.

"Babe, I'm the most fun person you'll ever meet." I winked and drove to her house.

We were quiet the rest of the ride but I kept stealing glances of her while I was driving. She'd blush as soon as she caught me looking.

I dropped her off and she waited a minute before getting out.

"I'm really glad you ran me over today." She smiled.

"Me too." I whispered

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec