z

Young Writers Society

Irrevocable Love (TaylorLove and TheLostOne)

Reviews: 4
Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:30 am
thelostone says...

Logan

The town buzzed with excitement about the wedding. I grinned at Zoey. Maybe we really can turn this kingdom around. Zoey and I walked back to the castle and we found Lia in Zoey's room.

"Have you heard?" Zoey gushed. "We changed the law." She held out her hand and Lia admired the ring.

"It's beautiful, Zoey. I'm happy for you two." She smiled sadly.

"What about you and Edward? Has he proposed yet?" Zoey asked.

Lia looked down at the unfinished dress on her lap. "Edward and I aren't getting married."

"Why not?"

"The law may have changed in your favor, Princess, but it's still illegal for me to marry Edward." She concentrated on her sewing rather than looking at us. "He's a prince and I'm just the help." She must've seen our faces because she added, "I'm okay, though. We weren't ready to get married anyways. Look at me, I'm not fit to rule a kingdom. Eventually, the law will change again and we will get married. Until then, we'll just keep relying on our midnight trips to the laundry room."

"I'm sorry, Lia." Zoey mumbled.

"It's okay, really it is." She smiled but it looked forced.

"Well, Zoey thought you looked bored so she's counting on you to make the whole kingdom dresses in less than a week." I joked but Lia didn't think it was funny. Her face went sheet white and she panicked.

"A week to make the entire kingdom formal wear?" She gasped.

"We'll help you." Zoey said. "They don't have to be as ornate as the ones you make me, I just want them all to feel like royalty while they're at our wedding. Please, Lia?"

Her blue eyes darted from me and Zoey then she gulped and nodded. "I better get to work then. Can you tell Edward no more laundry room visits for a while?"

"He can come and help us too." I suggested. "I'm sure he'd be glad to see you."

She shook her head. "I love him, I really do, it's just I don't love pretending I don't every time we're near each other. It hurts less if I just don't see him. When he's here it's like everything I've ever wanted is right in front of me but the only thing stopping me are a couple of words on paper."

Zoey and I look at each other. We both desperately wanted to help her but we already bothered the congress today and going back in demanding it to be changed further seems near impossible.

"Don't look at me like I'm broken." Lia said. "Edward and I will be together eventually when the time is right. We'll be okay until then." She tossed us some silk and paper patterns. "Okay, all I want you two to do is lay the pattern on the silk. Pin them together then cut on the dotted lines. Let's make all these dresses."
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

Reviews: 1
Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:10 pm
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
After a while I slip away to go get everyone food. I bump into Edward and I smile, but then frown. "I am so sorry."
"It's not your fault, there's nothing you can do about it now." He tells me.
"I wish I could, because this would look beautiful on Lia." I tell him, handing him the ring.
I nods. Logan has already told him all that Lia said. "I got a new room. It is down the hall, very nice." He says, changing the subject.
"I am glad." I tell him. "Well, I am going to go grab a bite to eat."
"See you later." He say.
I run to the kitchen to get food and bring in back for Lia and my future husband. "Sorry it took so long." I say. I eat a few bites and do all that Lia says.
I never knew how much effort went into this. Lia was so talented. Logan sits closer to me and I lay my head on his shoulder. He kisses the top of my head and I smile. We get a lot done, but there is still so much to do.
As we go on, my eyes being to close and I slowly begin to drift off. Logan catches my head before I fall to the table. "Whoa, I think we are done for the night." He laughs. I nod and stand.
"Goodnight Lia." I say. I go into the bathroom and change. I put on a gown and walk out to see Logan not there. I frown and sigh. Then, he walks back in and I smile and go over to him. I wrap my arms around him and kiss him. "You get to sleep in here tonight." I smile.
He scoops me up. "I know, babe. It is nice."
He lays me down and gets beside me. I curl up to him. "I cannot wait to be your wife." I say.
"I cannot wait either." He says. I lay my head on his chest and fall asleep.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:37 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

Lia rushed into our room waking us up bright and early. "Wake up, love birds. We have much to do today." I groaned as she pulled Zoey away from me. She shoved her into the bathroom and looked at me. "You're next." She grabbed a bunch of tape measures and threw them in a basket. "We need to go into town to get measurements."

I rolled out of bed and cracked my knuckles. "I don't know how to take measurements."

"All you have to do is write down what I tell you." Lia handed me a pad of paper and a pen. "Can you handle that?"

"I think so." I yawned. Lia banged on the bathroom and told Zoey to hurry up. She handed her a dress and soon she came out. Her hair was in a loose ponytail and it made me smile because that was the only part of her that looked casual.

"Your turn." Lia grabbed me and closed the bathroom door behind me. "Be fast!"

I took a quick shower and changed right before Lia began to knock again. She picked the basket off the ground and we walked into town. She handed Zoey a tape measure and I took out my pad of paper. She peeked her head around one of the tarps and asked if we could come in. We walked in and three little kids were sitting around a small fire. A lady was cutting vegetables with a sharp piece of glass.

"Hey, Holli." Lia waved to the older lady. "We're here to get your measurements for everyone's dresses." She wiped her hands off on her torn apron.

The smallest child, a boy, got up and pulled on her apron. "Mommy, I don't want to wear a dress."

"You don't have to, Evan." Lia scooped up the boy and spun around. "I'll make you a tuxedo." The little boy's face lit up even though I'm pretty sure he had no idea what a tux was. Maybe it was just Lia.

"You will make us dresses, right Lia?" The oldest girl stood up.

"Of course." Lia smiled and set the boy down. "Mommy goes first though." Holli walked over and hugged Lia.

"Last time I saw you, you were begging to make socks for Clea and now you're designing for the princess." She began to curtsy in front of Zoey but she stopped her.

"Really, that's not necessary." She said.

Lia pulled out the tape measure and wrapped it around her waist. As she called out numbers I tried my hardest to keep up. When we finished measuring all of them Lia hugged them then we left. "Holli, Clea, Annie, and Evan." She explained. "I used to make their baby clothes. Her husband died of pneumonia last year." We walked to another shack and Lia politely asked if we could come in again. This lady was younger than Holli. She had to be in her late twenties. When she turned around to meet us her stomach was large and swollen with her unborn child.

"Nice to meet you all." She curtsied before Zoey could stop her. "I'm Elizabeth. My husband, Tom, just went out. He should be back soon."

Zoey took her measurements and they talked about Elizabeth's baby. When Tom arrived we took his measurements too. We continued through the town trying to get as many people as we could. When it was dark out we went back to the castle to cut out more patterns. "Did we get everyone?" Zoey asked.

Lia nodded and smiled. "They're going to be so happy when they get their clothes. For most of them it will be the nicest thing they've ever owned."

Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:16 pm
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
Pembleton finds Logan and I and he bows. I hate all the bows, I really do. "The King and Queen would like to see the two of you." He says.

We nod and follow him to the throne room. Logan and I walk down the carpet leading up the the thrones and stand before them. "You have requested to see us?" I ask.
"Yes, there has been some talk about towns people coming to the wedding at your request. Is this true." My father asks.

"Yes it is. Some will be in the wedding as well." I tell them.

"That is not allowed." My mother says. "They are not in our circle. Your wedding is planned already."

"It is our wedding. I don't understand why you are not allowing our wants on the day of our wedding day." Logan says.

"It is tradition that the upper class come. Anybody who is anybody comes." They queen says.

"Well the people in the town are important to me. I am sorry that you do not feel the same, but these people are going to be attendece at our wedding. This wedding is about unity and leaving these people out will not fix the problems we have. You keep covering up the fact that there are starving people and you are doing nothing to fix it." I tell them sternly.

They both look at each other and my dad smile. "Now that's a princess." He says. He laughs and my mother smiles too. "Who knows, breaking away from tradition could be a good thing."

Logan looks at me. "It will be." He says
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:12 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

We walk back to Zoey's room and Lia was working hard on her dresses. She noticed us come in and she held up a tiny dress. It was white with a light pink sash wrapped around the waist. The bottom flared out in tulle. It looked beautiful. "Look," She sounded exhausted. "This one is Annaliese's." Zoey rushed over and fawned over the dress.

"Lia, it's gorgeous!" She gasped. "She's going to love it."

Lia smiled and turned back to the other silk dress she was sewing. "I was thinking that you two could gather flowers from the garden and make them into little wreaths to go in all the little girls' hair."

"That's a great idea." I said.

Zoey gently took Lia's hands off of the dress. "Why don't you take a break. Edward's in his room."

"Are you sure?" She asked, hesitantly standing up.

We nodded and she hugged us. "I'll be back soon. Don't touch my dresses! Just go gather flowers." She cried before closing the door.

Zoey started walking out but I took her wrist and pulled her back into me. I kissed her soft and long then let her go. "Come on, let's get flowers for all the little princesses." I smiled.

"No, wait." Zoey stuck out her bottom lip. "Come back, I want more."

I smirked then kissed her again quickly. "I love you." I said as we walked to the garden.

"I love you more." She said back.

"Doubt it." I smiled then starting cutting flowers from their beds. Soon we had armfuls of daisies, roses, carnations, and every other type of flower that grew in the garden.

"These are going to look amazing." Zoey grinned. "I hope they all feel like princesses at our wedding."

"They will," I assured her. "We'll make sure of it."

"Your highness!" Pembleton ran towards us. "The Queen has requested to see you. It is time to pick out the royal wedding dress."

Zoey looked at me and her eyes sparkled with excitement. She handed me her flowers and I kissed her forehead. "Have fun, beautiful."

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:14 pm
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
I go to my mother and she hugs me. "Are you ready to find your wedding dress, princess?" She asks.

"Yes." I smile. This is a moment I always wanted to have with my mother. We head to the dress shop and all I can see is white. "Wow."

"This is where I got my wedding dress." She said. "Why don't you try on some?"

I smile and nod. I pick out a few I like and try them on. When I walk out to show my mother, she does not say anything. I look in the mirror and frown. It is not me. It is too plain. "I am not a fan." I tell her.

"You need a dress that fits your beautiful self." My mom says.

I smile and try on more. One after another, they don't work. I sigh. "Maybe I should just give up." I say.

"Don't talk like that." She says. "We will find something. Let me try to find you something." She gets up and walks away. She is away for a long time and I was worried for a moment that she would not come back.

She comes carrying a dress that was off white. It was so beautiful. I went to try it on and I walked out smiling. This was it. My mother covered her hand with her mouth and teared up. "It is beautiful on you." She says.

"This is the one." I say. She puts a a veil in my hair and I look in the mirror. I feel like a beautiful bride. I cannot wait to get married. I change back into my clothes and my mother paid for the dress.

Before we go back to the castle, I get a ring for Logan. It did not take long to find the perfect ring. I was so, so happy with the choice I made. My mother and I headed back to the castle. I said goodbye to my mother and she took my dress. I ran to Logan. It was not fun being apart from him. I run and find him. "Logan?" I shout, running down the halls.
Attachments
ring.jpg
ring.jpg (6.95 KiB) Viewed 243 times
Beautiful-wedding-dresses-3.jpg
-Winnie the Pooh

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:52 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

Lia soon came back and she showed me how to weave the flowers together. I made the wreaths while she continued working on the dresses. Pembleton shuttled his way across the room and stood in front of me. "King Charles would like to talk to you in the throne room."I put the flowers down and told Lia I'd be back soon then followed the tubby little man to the throne room.

"Ah, Logan." Charles rose from his throne and came over to greet me. "I called you down here to apologize."

"Apologize, sir?"

He nodded and put his arm around my shoulder. "You see, I do like you, son. I think you will be great for my daughter and I apologize for any rudeness on my part."

"Apology accepted." I turned to leave but he stopped me.

"I really do believe you and Zoey will benefit the kingdom, but I often have a hard time adapting to change. Arranged marriages have always been around, in fact Haven and I were paired when we were infants. Fortunately, we grew to love each other and we have a healthy relationship. However, Zoey was right about true love. It's easier to make the world a better place with the one you love standing by your side." Charles sat back in his throne and smiled at me. "You are a great boy, Logan. I will be most honored when I meet your family at the wedding."

"I don't have any family, sir." I mumbled. "They're all dead."

Charles cleared his throat. "I'm sorry to hear that. You can call me Dad any time you would like." He stood up again to hug me before I left. "Welcome to the family." He said.

"Thank you, sir." I bowed and went back upstairs. When I got to Zoey's room, Zoey was back from her dress shopping and she was helping Lia cut out more patterns. "I guess your dad likes me now."

She beamed and hugged me. "That's great! We'll all be a family now. I love you."

"I love you more." I whispered into her ear. I sat on the bed and grabbed more flowers to tie together.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:34 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
We finish sewing the dresses and Lia looked so tired and I hugged her. "Go get some rest." I tell her.

She nods and leaves, I am guessing she is going to Edward's room. "Let's bring these dresses to the people." I tell Logan.

"The flowers too?" He asks, gripping my hand.

I think then shake my head. "Let's suprise them the day of the wedding." I say.

He nods and we load the all of the beautiful clothes into the cart. They are going to love this. We hurry into the city, too excited to walk slow. I almost fall a few times, but some how manage to stay on my feet.

"Don't fall, princess." Logan laughs.

"I am trying." I tell him. We get into town and I smile wide.

We delieve each outfits to each house. Every single person is so greatful and happy. They cannot wait to come to the wedding. I cannot wait to either. Logan and I were going to get married, we really are. I don't really know how I got so lucky to have someone so wonderful. I have done nothing to deserve anyone so wonderful.

Annaliese was our last stop. I wanted her's to be the special. We knock on the door and she answers. She wraps her arms around me and I pick her up, hugging her. "We have a suprise for you." I tell her.

I put her down and hand her the dress. "It is beautiful." She gushes. Logan gives her mom and brother there clothes. "Do you love it?" I ask her.

"Yes, princess." she hugs me and I hug her back. "Your the best, princess." I laugh and kiss her forehead.
-Winnie the Pooh

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:36 am
thelostone says...

Logan

The next few days went by fast and I started to feel anxious about the wedding. As usual, Lia woke me up bright and early. "Today's the big day!" She squealed. "Come on, I only have so much spare time. I need to make sure your soon to be bride looks perfect."

"She always looks perfect." I said while I stretched out of bed.

"Well today she's going to look even more perfect." Lia grabbed my arm and pulled me into the bathroom. "Shower fast."

"Geez, Lia, slow down." I said. "The wedding isn't until four anyways."

"I have lots to do!" She closed the door behind me and I took a quick shower. When I got out Lia squirted a bunch of crap into my hair. "Don't worry, it's all natural. We make it ourselves."

"I wasn't worried if it was all natural or not." I laughed. When she finished slicking my hair back she handed me a tux.

"You can put it on later but you have to be ready an hour before the ceremony, understand?" I nodded and she continued. "I'll be back to make sure you look perfect too at two-thirty." She closed the door behind her and I went back to look in the mirror. My hair looked like someone in the eighties. I held my head under the sink and washed the gel out. I towel dried it then shook some water out and went back to sleep.

"Logan!" A small hand shook me awake. "Logan, seriously? I told you to be ready by now."

I rubbed my eyes and saw Lia. I bolted up, realizing that I was getting married in an hour and a half. I quickly changed into the tux and Lia groaned. "I can't believe you messed up your hair."

"Lia, it'll be fine." I assured her. "Can I see Zoey?"

She shook her head. "It's against the rules to see her before the wedding. It's bad luck! Although, I do have some spare silk."

I followed Lia as she grabbed a small piece of fabric. She wrapped it around my eyes and I was blind. "What are you doing?" I reached up to take it off but Lia's hands swatted me away.

"Do you want to see Zoey before the ceremony or not?" She asked and gently lead me to the door.

"Of course I want to see her, but with this stupid thing I won't be able to." I mumbled.

"That's the point." Lia's hands left my arm and I was suddenly alone.

"Hello?" I called out. "Lia? Hey where-" Lips crashed against mine cutting my sentence off. I knew they were Zoey's but I decided to tease her a little bit. "This better be Zoey," I said. "Because I'll have you know I'm an almost married man."

Fingers crawled up my arm. "Oh yeah? Well I'm an almost married woman." I grinned and wrapped my arms around her waist. The fabric of her dress rubbed against my forearms. I kissed her deeply then rubbed her cheek with my thumb. "You look sexy with your blindfold." Zoey giggled.

"Wait, you're not wearing one? How is this fair?" I cried and Zoey laughed.

"Come on, babe. It's time to get this show on the road." She kissed my cheek then left and shortly after Lia came in. She took off my blindfold and we walked out to the huge courtyard. Tons of people watched me as I walked down the isle towards the preacher at the end. I smiled to the preacher and nervously chewed on the inside of my lip. Little Annaliese skipped down the isle throwing petals onto the ground. Her wreath sat on top of her head and she looked like she was having the time of her life. The music began to play and I anxiously waited for Zoey to turn the corner. When she came into sight, her arm through her dad's, she looked stunning. The dress showcased her features and Lia made her hair look amazing. She is definitely the most beautiful, exquisite, gentle woman I have ever met and soon she's going to be mine forever. I couldn't stop from beaming as she kissed her father goodbye and joined me in front of the preacher. She glowed under her veil and squeezed my hands.

"Hello, everyone!" The preacher greeted the guests. "We are honored to be here today to witness this man and this woman be joined together in holy matrimony." He looked over at Evan and waved him over. "Rings, please." Evan toddled over and shyly handed us the box of rings. I took Zoey's and looked at the preacher. "Logan and Zoey have prepared their own vows for us today. Logan.." He left it to me.

I looked into Zoey's eyes and slipped the ring band on her finger. "With this ring I give you my heart. I promise that from this day forward you will never walk alone. I take you to be my faithful partner, and my one true love. I promise to encourage you and inspire you and to love you with all my heart through the good times and the bad. I will forever be there to laugh with you, to pick you up when you fall down, and to love you unconditionally through all of our adventures in life together. Zoey, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me and with this ring I promise to be with you for all of eternity until death do us part. I love you more than you could ever imagine and I can't wait to tell the world you're my wife."

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:09 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
Logan's vow brings tears to my eyes. I don't cry though. I know I need to get through mine. I just want to kiss him, but I know I have to wait. The preacher looks at me and smile. "Now for Zoey's."

I look at Logan and smile, slipping his ring on. "With this ring, I give you my all. I promise to always share your joy, heartbreak and burdens with you. I promise to put a smile on your face everyday. I promise to be the first thing you see in the morning and the last at night. I take you as my love and my life. I will always be there to lift you up when your heart is broken and I promise to pick up all the pieces. You will never be alone. I promise to give you all of me and to be faithful the rest of my days. You are the love of my life and I promise to keep falling in love with you everyday. I will love you infinitely until death do us part. I cannot wait to be your wife." I tell him.

"I am proud to announce you, husband and wife. Logan, you may kiss your princess." The preacher says.

Logan pulls me close and kisses me sweetly. It was full of passion and love. My knees go weak every time, but he holds me up. It is the first kiss as husband and wife. The crowd claps and we walk down the isle, arms linked.

We head to the ballroom and the quests are swarming in. They all look so beautiful and happy. The music starts to play and my father speak. "This is the Bride and Goom's first dance."

Logan and I walk out onto the floor and begin to slow dance. "I love you." I tell him.

"I love you more." He says. I was about to say no, but he cuts me off by kissing me. He pulls me close and I sets his forehead against mine. "How did I get so lucky to marry someone as wonderful as you?" He asks.

"I got lucky too." I smile. "I am so glad that I am your wife." I tell him.

"I am so glad I am your husband." He tells me. He puts his hand on the bare part of my back, sending chills down my spine. "You look beautiful." He tells me.

I smile and blush. "I am so glad you think so, I was so worried you would not think that." I sigh.
-Winnie the Pooh

Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:57 am
thelostone says...

Logan

Our dance ends and we go over to cut the cake and eat dinner. Once everyone ate, Charles and Haven toasted us then lead everyone in another traditional waltz. I kissed Zoey's cheek as she went to dance with Edward and so I took Lia out to the ballroom floor. We danced in circles for a while then Edward asked to step in. I winked at them and Lia blushed beet red. The wedding comes to a close and we wave goodbye to everyone as they leave. I scoop Zoey up and carry her up to our room.

"I'll be right back." She smiled then went into the bathroom. I took off my suit and threw on a pair of sweatpants. I didn't bother putting on a shirt. Zoey emerged from the bathroom wearing one of my shirts that fell to the middle of her thighs. Her hair was back up in a messy ponytail but she still looked as beautiful as she did in the wedding dress. She walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"That's my shirt you know." I mumbled into her lips.

"I know," she whispered back. "I'm not giving it back."

"Well, I don't want it back." I teased. "You look better in it than I do anyways." I snaked my arms around her small waist and squeezed her closer against me. I kissed her softly. "My wife. I love saying that."

"It does have a nice ring to it." Zoey bit her lip. I swung her around and lightly tossed her on the bed. She collapsed into a fit of giggles and I crawled over her, pinning her to the bed. I bent down to kiss her and she ran her hands down my chest. "Have I ever told you I like you better without a shirt on?"

"Oh yeah?" I wiggled my eyebrows and she laughed. With a loud bang the door swung open to reveal a disheveled Edward.

"I don't mean to ruin your first night as husband and wife but something happened." He panted. I rolled off of Zoey and we stood up, concerned.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"It's Lia." He said. "They caught us and arrested her. She's sentenced for death."

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:41 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey

"What?" Logan asks. He jumps out of bed and throws a shirt on, throwing me a robe.

"Why her?" I ask, putting it on and standing near Edward. Lia was the only friend I had that was a girl in the castle, of course I was scared out of my mind.

Edward pulls us down the hallway and I can hardly keep up. My little legs cannot carry me. Logan stops Edward. "It is going to be fine." Logan tells him. "We will not let this happen to her."

He sighs. We go to where Lia was beginning held and I frown, seeing that it is true. I walk over to her and see tear stains on her eyes. "Lia, you are going to be fine." I tell her.

"Please get me out of here." She cries.

"I promise you, we will. Tell me what happened."

"Edward and I were on the elevator down to the laundry room and the king caught us. He knew we were not going down there to clean." She chokes on her words.

"We will go get this fixed." Logan says. The guards stand between Lia and I. I am not a fan of that.

"Please move." I say to him.

"I cannot do that." He says.

"I don't think you understand. This is how these things are suppose to work. I tell you to do something and you do it." I say.

"Who are you to say that?" He asks.

"Um, the newly married princess." I say.

He clears his voice and moves to unlock the door. She hugs Edward and all of us. "It is going to be okay." Edward tells her.

We hurry back to my room and she goes to the bathroom. She hurt herself and was going to clean up. My father bursts through the doors and I can tell he is full of rage.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:41 am
thelostone says...

Logan

As soon as Zoey's father came in I slowly slid over to stand in front of the bathroom door. I silently prayed that Lia would be quiet.

"Zoey, are you out of your mind?" Charles fumed. "I go down to check on the prisoner and she's not there. When I ask the guard he says you demanded she be let free. Zoey, I am still and will still be the King until I die. Until then, I make the decisions and you are to obey the laws of the kingdom. You have no right to release a convicted felon."

"You sentenced her to death." Zoey said anger dripped through her words. "You're going to murder the best seamstress and the kindest person I know because she fell in love? Lia will live free or I will die trying."

"We." I corrected her. "We will die trying."

"She's a princess to me no matter what her social status is." Edward said.

"Your determination is admirable, but laws are laws. I've already changed one law for your benefit and I am not going to change it again. Lia is unfit to marry a prince like Edward and-"

"Bullshit." I spat. "That's complete bullshit. If anyone is fit to marry Edward it's Lia. She cares more about this kingdom and it's people than you do and I'm positive she'll care just as much about Edward's kingdom."

"Laws are laws and I will not bend them any further." Charles glared. "The execution is scheduled for the twenty second. The guards are searching the kingdom for Lia Mendez as we speak. She will be found and her sentence will be carried out." The king gave us one last look then left. Edward collapsed on the bed and groaned. Lia peeked out of the bathroom and sat down next to him her head on his shoulder.

"We need to do something and we need to do something fast." Zoey paced.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:28 am
TaylorLove says...

Zoey
Logan stops me and rubs my back. "It is going to be fine, we just have to think." He tells me.
I nod and sit down in the floor. "Okay, the law says that a prince cannot marry the wealthless." I say. I bring my knees to my chest and think. How can we get around this? How can we fix this. Changing the law is out of the question. We cannot mess around, we have to do this now.
I spend a lot of time in thought and then a huge lightbulb goes off in my head and I jump up. "What you are thinking in that head of yours?" Logan asks.
"We need to get Lia some money. If she can sell some of her dresses then she can marry Edward. If she makes the money then she will no longer be considered wealthless." I say.
Lia smiles. "Perfect, let's make some dresses. You still have some stuff in your room so I can make them."
"Then we can sell them to the rich people and bring in cash." Edward hugs her.
"They we can be together." Lia says. She kisses him and they don't pull away for a while.
"Okay you too." Logan says. "We need to get to work.
We pull out the fabric and do what Lia tells us to do. We do the cutting and the sewing. Then she adds all the little details. She makes them all the perfect and worth so much. She is the best I have ever seen. Her talent was like nothing I have ever seen.
She makes me get in the first one so she can fix everything. She stabs me in the leg and I jump. "Ouch." I say.
"Don't bleed on the dress." She tells me.
"I will try my hardest to keep my blood in. It is not really something I can control though." I say.
She does it again and I grunt. "Ouch Lia. Watch where you are sticking that thing." Logan keeps jumping every time I grunt. I love how he worries about me.
"Sorry, I want it to be perfect." She tells me. She does a few more things and then steps back. "Perfect." She say.
We needed to get this done and fast. Lia needed to be saved. We worked all night, trying to get all of this done. I have a lot of stickes pretty much everywhere on my body, but it was not a problem. Lia was more important than just a little stick. "Okay, we need to call in a night before my wife looses all her blood." He jokes. He was right though. Lia lookes dead tired.
-Winnie the Pooh

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:01 pm
thelostone says...

Logan

"Where is she going to stay? Where is she going to stay?" Edward asked. "She can't be found. I won't let it."

I sighed and watched as Lia fell over onto the bed, clearly exhausted. "I don't know but we'll figure it out. She'll be okay, man. Promise."

He takes a deep breath and nods. He kisses Lia's forehead then leaves. I look at Zoey but the look on her desperate face mirrored mine. "Logan, I don't know what we're going to do." She buried her face in my chest to keep from crying. "They can't find her." her voice muffled through my shirt. "She won't die."

"It's going to be alright, Zo." I said. "It's going to be alright." I think I repeated myself more to comfort me too. It didn't work but I kept my facade up for Zoey and Lia's sake. "She can sleep in the closet for now. It's big, I'm sure she'll be fine."

"What about if she stays with Annaliese and Nathaniel or Holli, Clea, Annie, and Evan?" Zoey looked up at me. "I don't want her to get caught before her money comes in, that's all."

"Hon, she can't stay in the town." I whispered. "The guards are ransacking the houses looking for her, remember?"

She groaned and put her head back on my chest. I rubbed her back and then grabbed some pillows off of Zoey's bed. There were so many pillows they can't notice a couple missing ones. I tried to set them up nicely in Zoey's giant walk in closet but there's only so much you can do when you only have three pillows. I snatched a blanket too and threw it in with the pillows. I scooped the sleeping Lia up off of the bed and carried her to the closet.

She rubbed her eyes and squinted up at me. "Edward?"

"No, Logan." I said. "Sorry to disappoint. You're going to have to sleep in Zoey's closet for right now, okay? It's the best way to keep you hidden. Be silent and don't come out until we tell you it's safe."

She nodded lazily to my instructions and I set her down in the pillows. "Thank you." She mumbled before drifting off to sleep. I closed the closet door and held on tight to Zoey. I needed her. Whenever she's around I feel like I can't do anything wrong because if this little beauty believes in me then what else do I need? As long as I have her I can be the person I want to be. As long as I have her I don't need anything else.

I hugged her tighter and then lied down on the bed. "Come on, princess." I patted the spot of the bed right next to me. "We have a long day of hiding and selling dresses tomorrow." She happily crawled next to me and drifted asleep.

In the morning we had a drawn out awkward breakfast with Haven and Charles then went upstairs to check on Lia. We had given her all the supplies she needed to make the dresses inside the closet. She gave us a tired smile then hunched back over to sew. I had Zoey get me a screw driver and I switched the doorknobs so that there was a lock on the closet door now. Lia would be able to lock herself in and stay hidden in case someone came in.

Zoey, Edward, and I hauled the dresses into a car. Pembleton came along in order to be our guide through the rich part of the kingdom. "Let's get this show on the road." I said and started the car.

"Please tell me again, Princess, but why are we going to the estates?" Pembleton asked nervously.

"Because I am your princess and you will do what I say." She said. "No more questions, alright?"

"Understood." He squeaked. I drove through the dirt roads of the kingdom until we reached a beautiful patch of green land. The streets were paved and elegant lamp posts lined the roads. Houses were spread far apart and they were almost the size of the castle. "Here." He pointed to a mansion. "This is where Lord Christopher and Lady Evangeline live." I pulled through the open gates and we walked into the house, leaving Pembleton in the car. Zoey rang the doorbell and a lady in her sixties answered the door.

"Why, I would've never thought I'd live to see the day when Princess Zoey and Prince Edward would arrive at my doorstep." She opened the door wider and ushered us in. "Come in, come in. My husband is out playing polo with the Dutch and should return at seven."

"That's fine." Zoey held up a white lace dress with long sleeves and Lady Evangeline gasped. "We're selling these to help my friend. She made this and the one you wore for the wedding."

"Lia Mendez?" She asked running her fingers across the lace. We nodded. "It's gorgeous."

"Unlike the ones she made for the wedding, these ones have a price and I'm sure you won't have a problem paying it." I explained.

"Of course not." The lady took the dress and hung it up. "I'll give you one grand."

Our faces lit up and she went to get her check book. "Make it out to Lia Mendez!" Zoey called as she hurried away. She turned to me and Edward and squealed. "This just might work."

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell