Inevitable (Iggy and ReisePiecey)

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:53 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Harvey Amos

Harvey shook his head and traced patterns on Lizzy's waist with is thumbs, more to calm himself than anything. There was some fierce tension on his brow and a pounding pain at his temples.

"He's just a drama queen, always has been. He'll get over it eventually."

"Harvey..."

He didn't like her tone. With a sigh he dropped his head to rest in the crook of her neck. Her skin was perfectly warm and soft. He pressed his lips to the hollow of her collarbone and whispered quietly against her skin.

"Let's go back to my place."

"Amos!"

Harvey rolled his eyes just as he was pulled away from Lizzy by the back of his shirt. He turned around to face Simon, more annoyed than anything. The man was fuming, face red, and a growing black eye from JJ's punch. Harvey just cocked an eyebrow.

"What was your idiot friend talking about, Amos? What are you doing with Lizzy?"

"Fucking her, obviously."

He only just barely dodged the punch Simon threw at him, too occupied with laughing at the look on his face paired with the sound that squeaked from Lizzy's mouth. He was still smirking when Lizzy came between the two of them.

"Shut up, Harvey," Lizzy screamed in his face, but not as malicious as he knew she could have been.

"You didn't tell him."

"I was going to do it today..."

"It doesn't matter. I don't care. Fuck him, let's go."

Somewhere in the background, Simon yelled angry protests, but Harvey had already tuned him out. He reached out towards Lizzy and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear. She leaned, maybe unconsciously, into his touch and he smiled.

"Come on, my head hurts," he pouted, half-joking. "Please babe."

She looked like she was ready to agree, and Harvey was just about to pull her away when Simon shoved past them.

"Screw this, I'm out! Fuck you, Harvey."

Harvey didn't even turn to watch Simon leave, but Lizzy's eyes followed his back.

"Simon!"

She tried to make off towards him but Harvey grabbed her hand, stopping her in her tracks.

"Woah what are you doing?"

"Harvey, I have to."

"Who cares about him? Come on."

He felt himself growing desperate and he didn't like it. His stomach was clenching and only got worse the longer he looked at the expression on Lizzy's face. He knitted his eyebrows and gave her a small tug when she didn't move.

"Lizzy come on. Let's go alright we can ditch this place."

She just shook her head.

"He's my best friend."

"JJ was mine!"

"I'm sorry."

Harvey starred at her in disbelief for a long while before letting go of her hand and searching around in his pockets for his pack of cigarettes and lighter, chuckling in disbelief the whole time.

"Fine," he finally mumbled while sticking one between his teeth. "You're right. Go."

He didn't give her time to reply before walking away.

Spoiler! :
No idea why it took me so long to write him lol I've had this post in my head for days.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:18 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Lizzy Redmon

Lizzy watched Harvey walk back in the direction of the parking lot and sighed. She wanted to go with him, but she needed to straighten things out with Simon. Plus - though she wouldn't admit it - she was afraid of what would happen if they went back to his place. Would they have sex again?

Her feet carried her after Simon and she found his by his locker, angrily shoving things into his backpack. "Simon-" she started.

"Why aren't you with Amos?" He sneered at her over his shoulder.

"I came to find you. I meant to tell you."

"Sure, like after you got pregnant?"

Her face flustered and she stammered, "That's neither here nor there!"

Simon slammed his locker shut and spun to face her, his blue eyes angry. "I don't like you with him."

"That's your opinion."

"He's going to hurt you."

"That's what you think."

"Lizzy, listen to yourself! This jackass has tortured you your entire life. Everyone has seen how he treated you. Everyone that loves you hates him."

"I'm pretty sure Pop doesn't hate him, and Sam-"

Simon's fist slammed into the locker next to his. "He's met Sammy?" he said in a dark voice.

"He's been to my house for dinner." Lizzy said after a moment, blinking in shock at the look on his face.

Simon shoved away from her. "Great. Just great. Enjoy your time with him, Redmon."

Lizzy watched him walk away and felt her frustration build up and she let out a loud "Uggghhhh!"

Turning back in the direction she came, she found Harvey sitting on his bike, smoking a cigarette. He smirked as she approached.

"You cocky bastard." she huffed and flopped down behind him, annoyed that he knew she'd come back for him. "Go buy me breakfast and take me to your place. Then you're holding me while I get some beauty sleep."
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:14 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Harvey Amos

"As you wish, princess."

"Stop calling me that."

He drove them both to the IHop, his favorite place to go out, and they ate in a comfortable quiet for a while until Harvey had to break the silence. The quiet always bothered him, and if anyone bothered to care they'd know that easily simply by his actions.

"So this is like our first date, right," he teased, smirking at her from across the table.

She just rolled her eyes and speared another pancake.

"I should've bought you flowers or something," he continued. "Isn't that what people do?"

"You don't seem the type."

He chewed over the thought for a bit before shaking his head.

"You're right... For a first date this is pretty dull."

Lizzy just rolled her eyes and continued eating.

The only occupants of the IHop, despite it being a perfectly nice and fine morning, were a single couple of elderly people sat by the window. The woman of the duo kept shooting glares at Harvey and because - as Harvey hypothesized - the old had no shame, she didn't even turn away when he caught her starring. For a minute he thought of giving her the finger, just so she'd bug off, but decided to simply glare back.

"Leave that old woman alone," Lizzy said without looking up from her plate.

"She fucking started it starring at me. Hag."

"You are a child."

For a test, the next time the lady caught his eye he did give her the finger. Almost immediately though Lizzy slapped his hand down to the table, but not before the couple both saw the gesture and the old man led them away. He just laughed and though the look on Lizzy's face was vicious, it didn't waver his grin.

"Incorrigible asshole."

"Look who's been reading their dictionary."

With a resigned sigh she began to stand, but Harvey reached across the table to stop her, an apologetic look plastered on his face.

"I'm joking, sit down, enjoy your food."

"We're going to get kicked out anyway."

"No we wont," he laughed. "I'll stop harassing old people, you eat."

"Idiot."

"Love you too."

--

They did get kicked out shortly after, which seemed to worsen Harvey's mood but lighten Lizzy's, who laughed at him all the way out of the door. He drove around for perhaps longer than he had to, to clear his mind, but they were back home soon enough. He was thinking of something to pester Lizzy about to get back at her for laughing at him earlier, but when he saw an all too familiar car in the parking lot his thought process stalled.

"No..."

Lizzy approached his side an laid a gentle hand on his shoulder, already sensing something was wrong.

"What is it?"

He just shook his head and hurried up the stairs, leaving Lizzy to rush behind him.

"No no no no..."

"Harvey wait up!"

His hands shook as he twisted the doorknob. When it turned easily, unlocked, his heart dropped into his stomach and he felt like crying and screaming at the same time. He clenched and un-clenched his jaw, trying to muster up the strength to push the door open, but couldn't move. When Lizzy finally caught up to him, panting and wheezing, he still hadn't moved. A quiet rage was building inside of him but it was kept watered down by the overwhelming fear. The memories...

"What's wrong? What happened? Harvey, talk to me!"

"Who's there?"

Her voice. He could have gone the rest of his life without hearing that voice.

"Who's in your house, Harvey?"

He just shook his head, trying to form the words to tell her, but before he could even organize his thoughts the door swung open. Yvette's face softened when she saw Harvey, but hardened again when she caught sight of Lizzy at his side. Her hard blue eyes were narrowed as she examined Lizzy up and down, sizing her up. Her hair was blonde and fell in soft curls to her chest and Harvey could hear her husband rummaging around in the kitchen. She hadn't changed.

"Harvey," she drawled. "Boy, aren't you supposed to be in school?"

She reached out a hand to cradle his face and he just stiffened more at her touch. Every point of contact seemed to burn a hole through his skin. Lashing out felt appropriate, crying seemed more so. He tried to keep his expression straight and his feet planted.

"And who's this slut you've brought back with you?"

She's not a slut.

"Anyway," she dropped her hand from Harvey's face and placed them on her hips. "Come in, please, we can talk inside."

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:50 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Lizzy Redmon

The look on Harvey's face was scaring her. She's seem Harvey show different and sometimes conflicting expressions before: angry, stressed, pleased, happy, smirky, loving. But one thing she never saw was fear, and what caused his fear was a five-foot woman with blonde riglets and a motherly overview.

But Lizzy was good at seeing through layers, and what she was, she didn't like one bit. This woman was about as motherly as a piece of dog poop. She went from playfully chastising Harvey for not being in school to calling her a slut to pleading with him to come inside so they could talk.

Talk. Harvey's stoic face, for a moment, wavered, and she saw the desperation and fear that laid beneath. Her stomach tightened and she reached forward, grabbing his arm.

"Harvey! I just remembered, I- uh, our project for Civics is due tomorrow. We can do it at my house. C'mon, take us there."

"Harvey?" The woman called from inside the house. "Harvey, get rid of the girl and come inside."

Harvey's body was trembling. Lizzy slowly ran her hands down his arm and leaned up, whispering against his ear, "It's okay. Harvey, I'm here. Whatever that bitch did, she will never do it again. I'll die before I let her touch you."

He blinked a few times and turned to look down at her. Lizzy tugged his arm and led him to the bike. He shook himself and slid on, revving the engine.

"Harvey Lee Amos!" The woman shrieked, now at the door. "Get back here and come inside!"

Piss off, bitch. Lizzy expected to hear him say, but he numbly jerked the handles and sped off towards Lizzy's house, leaving his stepmom behind to scream after him.

After parking the bike in the garage, he waited in her room as she explained to Pop why Harvey would be staying the night, and possibly, for a while.

Pop, you didn't see the look on his face. It's like this woman was the reason he was afraid to fall asleep at night. I've never seen Harvey afraid of anything before. It's just for a while. Please.

He finally gave in, after going up to her room and giving Harvey The Talk. It's the talk he gave Simon when Simon first spent the night. No sneaking into Lizzy's room, no having sex with Lizzy, no closed doors with Lizzy, no showering with Lizzy, no much as a kiss with Lizzy, or else.

Then he gave her the I'm Serious, Elizabeth! and left.

Lizzy rolled her eyes after him and slowly walked over to Harvey, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, hands folded and in his lap. His face was expressionless. "Do you want to talk about it?" she asked gently, standing in front of him.

His hands rose, slowly caressing the back of her thighs as he buried his face into her stomach, but was silent.

"Harvey, Please, talk to me. What did she do to you?"
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:49 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Harvey Amos

Harvey shook his head and gripped her tighter.

"Nothing," he mumbled.

He felt a hand come to rest on his head, and for some reason that calmed him down immediately. His growing panic seemed to quell, just a bit. His breathing, which was going erratic, slowed and calmed. The memories were the worst part, they were falling down like hail inside of is head; everything he'd tried to forget and suppress, tried so hard to store away, came back ten fold. He winced and shook his head again.

"Harvey, you can tell me. It's okay."

"No!"

It came out harsher than he expected it to, and when he felt her stiffen he felt like shit because of it. She was just trying to help. She didn't deserve his abuse.

'What are you doing? Idiot.'

"I'm sorry," he continued, softer, "but no. I don't want to talk about it."

She was quiet for a long moment before whispering a simple "Okay".

--

They stayed in that position for a while - Harvey couldn't bear the thought of moving. Lizzy was such a calming presence, she was more than he could have even thought her to be. She seemed to pick up when things were getting bad again, when Harvey couldn't block out the thoughts, and reacted immediately. It was simple things - nonsense words of encouragement, a calming touch - but Harvey was thankful for everyone one of them. He could have stayed there forever, but they were interrupted by Pop entering and suggesting they come down for lunch and Lizzy had to leave.

"I'll be down in a minute," he told Pop, who was waiting in the door frame for him.

"You okay," he asked, looking genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, I just- Yeah."

He didn't look convinced, but left him alone anyway.

--

"Jene-"

"Oh! So honored you finally decided to return my calls, Harvey!"

"I'm sorry.."

Jene sighs from over the line.

"Don't be, I was just worried. I didn't know she was coming back today. I would have told you."

"Yeah..."

"Where are you now?"

"I'm at... a friend's."

"Hmm. That's good enough for me, I guess."

"How long?"

"I don't know, but it shouldn't be too long. She never stays long."

"I hope."

"I'm going to bring you some clothes and stuff, text me the address of where you are."

"Okay."

"Don't worry, alright. I'll make sure she doesn't come near you."

"Okay..."

"Bye."

Harvey hung up the phone and sat in Lizzy's room for a bit longer before composing himself and going downstairs. He wanted to believe Jene, but Yvette knew how to get things she wanted. He tried to shake off the thought. When he entered the kitchen his phone buzzed in his pocket.

Marco: Y is ur stepmom at my fuckin house?

He just groaned and turned off his phone.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:19 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Lizzy Redmon

Lizzy was in the middle of fixing them some turkey sandwiches when Harvey stumbled into the kitchen. His shaggy brown hair was tousled and falling into his green eyes, and when she asked him to get the mayonnaise, his muscles rippled beneath his shirt. She felt herself slump against the counter and he gave her a questioning look as he placed the jar in front of her.

Lizzy's lips titled into a smirk and it widened as she noticed Pops wasn't inside. She reached out and grabbed his arm, yanking him forward.

"Mmm?" he muttered in confusion before her lips met his and she was kissing him roughly, her hands twisting into his hair.

They broke apart after a few minutes, her cheeks red. He stared at her for a moment, his hands cupping her face. "I love you." he said in a raw voice.

She smiled happily, nuzzling into his touch. "I love you more, idiot."

He smiled for the first time since he saw his stepmom and Lizzy kissed him again, then continued to make their lunch. She grabbed them both sodas and bags of chips, then carried it all up to her room. "Don't make a mess!" she sang.

They sat on the floor and leaned against her bed, chewing in silence. Lizzy gave him time to eat and cheer up, then scooted close to him when he was finished. She took his hands into hers and studied him quietly for a moment, then spoke, "Harvey.. what did she do to you?"
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:09 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Harvey Amos

Harvey laughed out loud, which seemed to startle Lizzy - if the look on her face was any indication.

"You make it all sound so simple," he chuckled, but even as he laughed his voice grew harsher. "Like it must be so easy, right. Yeah, just like that. I can just come out and say that she ra-"

The word got stuck in his throat. He couldn't say it, even after all these years. He still couldn't say it. He didn't want it to be true. When he was a kid, he thought that if he didn't mention it then it meant that it never happened. It wasn't true. If he never thought about it then it didn't happen. He could just block it out. And don't cry, ever. Crying makes it real. It's been so long - Yvette left during his freshman year, he thought for good - but he was still in that childish mindset.

He couldn't say it. The word could not be forced up from his throat.

"I can't," he choked out. "I'm so stupid," he mumbled, more to himself. "Such an idiot. I can't."

He barely registered Lizzy's body against his, or that she'd moved to cradle his head against her chest. Like she understood. She understood.

"Oh Harvey."

Her voice cracked, and for a minute he didn't understand why until he felt her tears dampening his sleeve. Her hands fisted in the back of his shirt and in response he gathered her in his lap. Her body began to shake with her sobs, and she just kept repeating "I'm sorry" over and over again. Harvey grit his teeth and tried to focus on his breathing and the faint rhythm of Lizzy's heartbeat against his chest. The weight of her on him was calming in its own way, and the way her legs had wrapped around his waist. Just her. Her presence.

"I hate her," he forced out. "I hate her so much."

"You don't have to talk about it anymore. I'm sorry."

Just then the doorbell rang. Harvey knew it was probably just Jene, and when he heard muted conversation in the kitchen he knew for sure, but didn't care. Neither of them moved.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:00 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Lizzy Redmon

Lizzy stayed there for a moment, pressed against him, allowing the tears to stream down her face and into his tousled brown hair. Then she reluctantly pulled back and wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry," she mumbled.

Harvey pulled her down and kissed her gently, then grabbed the bedpost and hoisted himself up. "That'll be Jene," he said, staring at her. It took her a moment to realize that he was waiting for her to gather her composure.

She grabbed a tissue and wiped her face, then nodded. "How do I look?"

Harvey smiled at the site of her messy hair and the smudged mascara underneath her eyes, "Fucking beautiful. Now come meet Jene."

He took her hand and she followed him down to the living room and to the door, where Pop and Sammy were chatting with an elderly looking man. When she and Harvey entered the yard, he turned and fixed his wise eyes on Harvey. They seemed to pass some sort of silent communication and she felt her boyfriend relax.

"I take it this is the girl you rant about often?" Jene said coolly, reaching out to shake her hand.

"Jene." Harvey grumbled.

Jene chuckled and handed him a backpack full of stuff. "She nearly tore off my head when I came to get this," he said in a quiet voice. "You better love me, boy."

"Thank you." Lizzy told him, her voice nearly cracking at the fatherly way he smiled at Harvey.

"My pleasure, girl. You take care of him. He's a handful."

"The pot calling the kettle black," Harvey hissed.

Lizzy smiled and rested her head on his arm as Jene shook hands with Pop and hugged Sam goodbye. Then he leaned in and whispered, "I'll call you when she's gone," into Harvey's ear, hugged them both, then left.

"Seems like a nice man," Pop commented, a hand on Sam's blonde head, directing her inside.

"He's done more for me than anyone else has, except my mom."

"The woman he was referring to?"

"No!"

Pop quirked a brow and, oh lord, was Harvey blushing?! Lizzy giggled madly at the glare he shot her, then smiled apologetically at her father. "My mom is dead. Yve- That woman, she isn't my mom."

He didn't seem willing to explain more, and Pop nodded. "Alright." He turned to Sam, who was impatiently tugging on his arm.

"Daddy, can Lizzy and Harvey take me to the park?"

Pop glanced at Lizzy, who was unconsciously staring at Harvey's face, then turned back to Sam. "You should ask them first."

Sam scurried over to her sister and yanked roughly on her arm, causing Lizzy to snap out of it and yell, "Ow!"

"Sorry Lizzy but can you and Harvey take me to the park?!"

"No," was on the tip of her tongue, but she looked down at that pleading face and glanced at Harvey, who smiled. "Sure," he said, more towards Lizzy, who sighed in defeat. "Fine."

"YES!" Sam shrieked and ran around them once, then out to the garage to get her bike.

"Don't lose my daughters. Either of them." Pop said cheerfully to Harvey, then flopped down onto the couch.

Lizzy shot Harvey a frown and he grinned, taking her hand. "Come on. It'll be fun."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:27 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Harvey Amos

Harvey swayed idly on the swings, trying to focus on Lizzy spinning Sam on the merry-go-round, but too occupied with watching every car that happened to drive past the park. A blue one sped by and Harvey tried to distinguish shapes from the blur. Two cars later and he turned away from the street.

"She's not going to be here," he mumbled to himself. "She couldn't possibly know just-"

"Faster, Lizzy!"

Harvey's head snapped his head up towards the girls and allowed himself a chuckle. After dropping his stare to the ground he only had a few more seconds to himself before Sam was crashing into his chest, forcing both of them backwards.

"Woah there, tiger."

"Come push me! Lizzy's too slow."

"Shut up, brat, I was going as fast as I could."

Lizzy plopped down on the swing next to Harvey and pushed off with an angry huff.

"How about you go play on the jungle-gym or something for a while."

Sam began to complain but Harvey ruffled her hair and lifted her off his lap.

"Go play."

"Fine."

Both of them watched her run away and as soon as she began to play again Harvey felt Lizzy's hand sneak its way into his. He turned blindly and received the kiss he knew was waiting for him. He snaked a hand around the small of her back and pulled her to his lap, but as soon as she sat down they both went falling into the sand below.

"Get off of me," Lizzy laughed between gasps of breath. "You weigh a ton!"

"I do not," he replied with a smirk.

"Seriously, Amos, you're killing me."

Harvey laughed and moved in for a kiss but Lizzy turned her head away.

"I would but I can't breathe."

Harvey rolled his eyes and pushed himself up off the ground. As soon as Lizzy stood up he wrapped her in his arms.

"Lets ditch the kid."

"Harvey that's my-!"

"Kidding! Joking, but seriously. Come on. We can drop her off and go do something."

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:27 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Lizzy Redmon

"Give her five more minutes." Lizzy leaned into his chest, her dazed eyes watching her sister half-heartedly as Harvey's lips nipped her ear.

"I like you much better with the brown hair," his voice was hot and a bit breathless in her ear.

Harvey's hands dipped and lightly caressed her hips and Lizzy tore away from him, aiming for her sister. She picked the preteen up and cuddled her against her chest like she was still a baby, her face buried into her sister's tousled blonde hair to hide the blush.

"It's getting late, Sam. Let's get you home so Pop can watch that movie with you."

"Will you watch it with us?" Sam asked as the three of them walked home, the two teenager's footsteps a bit rushed.

"Not today," Lizy smiled, brushing a lock out of Sam's bright eyes as Harvey opened the door. She set her sister down and yelled out to Pop, "Sam's home and we're leaving!"

"Curfew!" Pop managed to shout out as the blonde girl slammed her fac iinto his stomach and the brunette quickly slammed the door shut.

"When's curfew?" Harvey smirked, lacing his fingers in-between hers as they went back to the park.

"Ten thirty," Lizzy grumbled.

"It's already eight," he mused aloud.

"That's normally when I'm alone. Curfew with boys is nine."

Harvey groaned, leading his girlfriend through the blanket of trees until they reached a nice, dark spot. "Guess I'll have to make it quick, then.."

"Make what quick?" Lizzy questioned before she was slammed against the closest tree, Harvey's hands pinning hers high above her head. His lips attacked hers and she gave in, enjoying it greedily until he moved them to her neck. "I'm not having sex with you in a park," she murmured dreamily as his teeth nipped her skin.

"You sure?" Harvey groaned quietly, burying his face into the nap of her neck.

"No," she admitted and his deep chuckle shook her body.

His hands dipped again, this time farther, grasping the button of her jeans and yanking them open. Lizzy's breath caught in her throat and, as bad as she wanted him, she was about to beg him to stop when a laugh broke through the darkness.

"- good place to-"

She caught that much from the voice that was approaching, a small light flickering on and odd, and she assumed it was a couple of potheads looking for a place to blaze it.

"Harvey," she whispered, taking his hands.

Suddenly, their faces were aglow from two phone screens. Standing before them was J.J. and some guy who, as quick as he was to retract it, had his arm looped around J.J.'s waist.

The silence was thick for a moment before Harvey shot J.J. a grin. "Blazing it?"

"You're with her again." J.J. said, his voice cold.

"She's my girlfriend, bro," Harvey said smoothly, but she heard the hard edge to his voice as he tightened his grip on her hand. "If you'll excuse us-"

J.J. suddenly laughed again, this time loudly, and took a drink from the beer bottle he had in his hand, something she hadn't seen until now. "Hey, man, it's cool. Go get AIDS."

"J.J." the guy beside him hissed as Harvey's green eyes darkened.

"Harvey." Lizzy pleaded, trying to lead him away.

"You may be my best friend, but you better not say another fucking word against her, or else I'll make you eat your own dick. Got it?"

J.J. stormed forward until he was a few feet from Harvey, eyes blazing. "Don't you fucking dare. You'd call her worse insults than that."

"Not anymore," he growled, letting go of her to get in J.J.'s face. "I don't know what your problem is, but you better back it up. Now."

When J.J. didn't move, Harvey grit his teeth, but stepped back and led Lizzy away. "So much for that-" he began to say, before crumpling as a beer bottle smashed against the back of his head.

Lizzy's scream pierced the air as he crumpled, turning towards J.J. He was grinning maliciously as his friend stared at him in shock.

"You got something to say, bitch?" he sneered at her.
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Harv

Harvey scrambled to break his fall. His palms pushed past the damp grass and dug into the hard earth, but that still didn't stop his head from bouncing and crashing to a stop. Groaning, Harvey turned over and starred at his - former? - friend in shock through a cloud of white dots and hazy lines that danced in front of his eyes.

"You got something to say, bitch?"

Harvey's shock quickly turned to anger at JJ's words and he stumbled to his feet, perhaps too quickly because his world started to tumble and turn. The thought arose to vomit, and with it a sharp foul taste rose to the back of his throat, but he swallowed it back and steadied his feet. He was only just barely able to keep himself from tumbling down. Vaguely he registered Lizzy pressing into his side, a defensive arm holding him up.

"Fuck you, JJ," she screamed.

Harvey squeezed his eyes shut, drowning out the argument that continued to roll on, and explored the back of his head with careful fingers. He skimmed shards of glass and damp, matted hair. His teeth ground against each other and his mind tried to convince himself that it was beer, but a steady trickle of something warm down the back of his neck made him think otherwise. A few steady breaths later he opened his eyes and took a look at his hand. Blood.

Instantly his conscience frantically began to try and reason with him - "JJ's your friend", "Just walk away", "Don't do it Harvey don't fucking do it" - but as soon as Harvey saw JJ take another menacing step forward, his eyes narrowed at Lizzy, spouting some bullshit, all reason flew out the window. Harvey charged forward and tackled JJ to the ground. He felt his fist smashing into flesh but registered nothing else. And then arms tugging his shoulders, pulling him back. He heard Lizzy yelling, JJ's friend yelling, JJ groaning, but mostly just Lizzy. Her hands grabbed his arms, pulled at his shirt, wrapped around his waist and tugged him backwards.

"Harvey, stop!"

He paused and starred down blankly at JJ's bleeding face. No one spoke for a long time.

"Hey..."

Lizzy's hand landed on his shoulder and began to coax him away.

"Let's go."

He nodded numbly and rose. The two started to walk off before Harvey turned around and helped JJ back to his feet.

"Fuck you, JJ," he sighed when he was face to face with the blond.

JJ wiped the blood off his lip and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, fuck you too."

"If you ever talk to me or Lizzy, hell let's throw Marco in there too, I'll fucking murder you. Got it?"

JJ nodded and bowed his head. Harvey smiled and moved in to ruffle JJ's hair like he always did and walked away.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Lizzy

Once Lizzy was able to hook Harvey's arm around her neck and her arm around his waist, she started to lug him home. "Heavy ass," she grunted, her voice lacking its usual bark due to her worry for him.

JJ's cruel laugher was ringing in her ears.

Thankfully, her house wasn't that far, and by the luck of the gods, Sam and Pop had went to bed early. She was surprised with her father but decided to question his sudden faith in her later. She dragged her boyfriend up the stairs and flopped him onto her bed, then dashed into her bathroom. She quickly found the peroxide and Q-Tips, then placed them on her dresser.

Lizzy's eyes examined Harvey and she couldn't help but smirk. "Shirt off," she ordered.

He flashed her a confused look. "Why?"

"There's blood on it. Off." she demanded, hands on her hips, and didn't move until he was bare in the light of her lamp. Then she smiled in approval and walked over to him with a comb and a soaked Q-Tip.

She gently detangled his hair and then used up many cotton sticks trying to clean his wound, grabbing his shirt and using it to keep the blood from getting onto her bedspread. The first sting of peroxide had him jumping, his large hands grasping her bottom, and she jerked away from him with a shocked expression. He rushed to apologize and so she continued cleaning it, cheeks still red, but smiling evilly as he groaned from the pain.

Once she was sure the bleeding had stopped, shd gently stroked his cheek and looked down at him, silently for a moment, then climbed on top of him and straddled his waist.

"You like me shirtless?" he teased, his lips curling into a smirk.

Lizzy's lips smashed against his, and they kissed fiercely, his hands grasping her t-shirt and holding her close against his chest.

After a minute, Lizzy pulled back and dreamily sighed, "Harvey."

"Hmm?" he grunted, head resting on her chest. "You're soft."

She giggled and eased him onto his back, then flipped the lights off. "Sleep now. We'll kick his ass tomorrow."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:38 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Harvey Amos

Morning found Harvey's face and immediately roused him from slumber. He'd always been a light sleeper. He tried to stretch the sleep from his bones but a whisper of protest and the nuzzling of Lizzy's face into his neck kept him still. A throbbing ache at the back of his head reminded him of the night before and he groaned out loud. Carefully, as not to upset the sleeping body on top of his, he explored the damaged. 'Nothing too bad,' he thought. 'Shouldn't need stitches.' He's survived much worse.

The scent of breakfast wafted up under the closed door and filled the room. Suddenly, he remembered where he was, and why. The sound of feet rushing up the stairs brought him to full alertness and, having made the decision to apologize later, pushed Lizzy off his chest and hurried to put on his clothes.

"Harvey," Lizzy groaned as she picked herself up from the floor. "What the hell."

Harvey spared her a glare and finished zipping his pants just as Sam burst into the room.

"Pop said breakfast, Lizzy," she sang.

"We'll be right down," Harvey answered for her.

Sam seemed satisfied with his answer and closed the door. Harvey sighed in relief and grabbed his shirt that was trapped under Lizzy, who still lay in a ball on the floor. He rolled his eyes at her and scooped her up after slipping back on his shirt. She struggled and groaned but he carried her out the door and into the bathroom anyway.

"Put me down, Amos!"

"Lazy ass."

He dropped her into the bath and went to the sink to wash his face. Only barely did he dodge the bar of soap she hurled at his head.

"It's too early to be so violent," he teased.

This time, the shampoo bottle caught him in the rib.

--

JJ had always been a horrible drunk, and while Harvey was used to his friends drunk texts they usually stopped when the sun came up. Everyone was sat at the breakfast table eating but Harvey's phone wouldn't stop buzzing in his pocket.

"im sorry harv"

"text me bck"

"answer my fuckin call"

"r u mad"

Finally Harvey stood and excused himself from the table. He didn't even make it to the front door before his phone was ringing again.

"What, JJ," he snapped. "Did you not get my message last night or do I have to remind you?"

"I know. I'm sorry."

"You're fucking weak."

"Please, can you just meet me in the gym?"

"You sound pathetic."

"Harvey come to the gym and I won't bother you anymore."

Harvey sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. JJ was obviously still drunk. His words were slurred nearly to incomprehension, and Harvey doubted he slept through the night. Harvey heard someone enter the room, shout a few commands, and then there was a small scuffle of the other end. JJ yelled something but then it was quiet.

"Hey, Harvey."

"Marco? It's a good thing you're there."

"Told that idiot to stay in bed."

"What's this about meeting him at the gym?"

"Especially told that idiot not to call you."

"Just take him there. I'm on my way."

Harvey hung up and then ran inside to grab his shoes and keys. He stopped briefly at the breakfast table to say his goodbyes.

"Where are you going," Lizzy asked while rising from her chair. He kissed her on the forehead and softly pushed her back into her seat.

"School gym."

"It's Sunday..."

Harvey smirked and shook his keys before leaving.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:30 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Lizzy Redmon

"Haaaarvey!" Lizzy groaned, slamming her fist against the door that closed afte rher boyfriend. He was up to something, she was sure of it. As much as the idiot loved working out and showing off, she knew he wasn't the type to try physical training after getting himself injured last night. In fact, he wouldn't even go to the school unless he was desperate, or meeting someone... her eyes narrowed.

But with a sigh, she decided to let it go. Lizzy made her way to the kitchen and sat down with her family, quietly eating the pancakes Pop made for them.

"I suppose he won't be back for breakfast?" Pop questioned.

"Nope," Lizzy muttered.

"Well, I guess that means you get seconds, Sammy!"

[*]

After breakfast, Lizzy went up to her room and fell, face-first, into her bed. Groaning loudly, she kicked her feet in the air, uselessly. She didn't know what to do. She wanted to be with Harvey and help him with his problems but he never talked to her. It was so frustrating.

Like his step-mother. Why on earth was he still leaving with that bitch? She raped him; Lizzy didn't know when or how many times until she remembered the time during sixth grade when he was gone for a week and she had never had so muxh peace and quiet on campus. Thinking back on her enjoyment at his happiness, Lizzy felt sick.

Fumbling open her phone, she made to call him before her phone started buzzing with a call of its own. Seeing that it was Simon, she groaned and jabbed her thumb against the green button.

"What do you want?"

"To see you."

"Piss off!"

"Lizzy, please! I really need to talk to you."

His voice was shaky, as if he'd just been crying or was holding the tears back. Lizzy sighed. "Fine. Hurry up. Harvey will be home soon."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:57 am
Sassafras says...

Harvey Amos

Harvey pushed open the gym doors and stalked in, muscles all tense despite his efforts to calm his temper before reaching the meeting spot. He thought the trip to the school would help his nerves, but the usual thrill of the ride was dampened by his constantly beeping phone and the absence of Lizzy and the early morning migraine that seemed to be a given these days.

He rubbed his temples then as JJ stepped out from the locker rooms, or was rather guided out of the locker rooms by Marco, whose hand was clasped firmly around the back of the smaller man's neck. Harvey barely had time to sigh before JJ was barreling into his arms, a mess of sobs and incomprehensible statements that Harvey could only guess were apologies.

Still, Harvey's face screwed up tight enough to stick as he pushed JJ off of him. Marco barely reacted in time to keep the boy from crashing into the ground. He met Harvey's eyes - a glint of something sparked in that dark abyss -, proclaimed "I'll wait outside", and then walked out of the gym. Harvey watched his back all the way up until he felt JJ trying again to drape himself over his shoulders. Again, he pushed him away.

"Watch who the hell you're touching, James! We're not fucking friends."

"'M so sorry, Harvs," JJ slurred as he tried to raise himself off the ground. "Ah didn't mean nothin much by it."

Harvey scowled at his friend in disgust as he tried to find his footing on drunken legs. Finally, pity took over and Harvey offered him a hand he seemed too eager to take. Once upright, however, he only flopped back into Harvey's arms. Harvey was just tensing for a fight when JJ found his common sense and took a step back, blond curls and his head both hung limp.

Without his permission, Harvey's heart tugged.

"What did you need, James? I don't plan on spending more than five minutes here."

"No, you gotta listen, yo," JJ slurred back in reply. "I'm so sor- sorry! I was jus-"

"Four minutes."

JJ's head raised quickly, and it was then that Harvey saw the knitted brows, wrinkled nose, and-

"Oh god, don't cry."

"I don't want you to be mad at me."

"If you start crying I'm walking out."

"It's just you're with that bitch and- Wait! I'm sorry. You're with Redmon and I... I don't understand."

"I don't need to explain myself to you, James," Harvey sighed. "I'm done with this conversation. There's nothing more to discuss! I don't even know why I wasted my time coming here."

Harvey laughed, but nothing about the gesture made him happier. He allowed himself no second thoughts before turning.

"Harvey, wait!"

"Get a fucking hobby, dude."

Nothing could have prepared Harvey for the sudden pair of lips pressing against his. You could have told him that morning and he still wouldn't have been ready. Surprise yielded his mouth to JJ's for long enough to allow the younger boy to become bold, start to press forward. However, instinct kicked in just as effective as surprise had, and his fist was crashing into JJ's jaw before he could even refute the idea of a fight as the best course of action. The boy didn't even try to block the punch, or the others that followed suit. He just crumpled to the ground, crying fresh again, and tried to hide his head. Harvey gripped the boy by a fistful of blonde curls and yanked him to his feet again.

"What the actual fuck is your problem?!"

Harvey was afraid to do anything else but yell. Despite all that had happened, he didn't really want to hurt JJ, but knew he would if he wasn't careful.

"I love you so much, Harvey-"

"Oh my god are you fucking kidding me."

"- I do. More than that stupid whore you're with, I swear!"

"You're fucking sick! Stay the hell away from me you fucking freak!"

"I mean it. I've been in love with you since elementary school-"

"Marco! Come and get your trash!"

The gym doors banged open and in strolled Marco, showing more emotion than either of the two other boys had seen. Without a word still, though, he came and threw JJ over his shoulder. He tried to meet eyes with Harvey again, but the latter was already pushing past the both of them, out towards his motorcycle. Marco waited until he could no longer hear the screech of rubber on asphalt before putting JJ back down.

The blonde simply cried, for a very long time, until Marco eventually picked him back up again and carried him home. It wasn't the first time JJ had been reduced to a blubbering ball over Harvey, and Marco was sure it wouldn't be the last. Marco figured then and there that he needed new friends, or had to fix the only two he had. Either way, something had to change.

"Thanks, Marco."

"Shut the fuck up, JJ."

NO U
— Carina