z

Young Writers Society

The Boondocks

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:26 am
TNCowgirl says...

Chase

Chase smiled as he walked out the door and jumped into his old ford pick up and drove towards school. It was the first day of the new year, not school year, but they just got back from summer break. He couldn't wait, he had been working on the farm the whole time and his dad hadn't let him leave but a few times. They had a hard time with some of the mares that foaled so he knew he was needed.

When he got to the school he pulled up next to his buddies trucks and jumped out joining them in front of school.

"I hear there is a new girl coming today." One of the guys said.

"Really, we are going to gossip?" Chase shook his head as they headed towards the school. "Y'all are as bad as the girls."

"Yeah well Mary said that she moved in down the street from her. Says for a girl she isn't to bad looking."

"Trevor, I think your girlfriend is gay." Chase said patting him on the shoulder. "Sorry buddy but I think your outta luck on that one."

'No she isn't! I asked her what she looked like so I could tell y'all." Trevor huffed.

"You asked your girlfriend if the new girl was hott? Sounds like such a good idea." Chase grinned as they walked inside the school.

"Hey now that ain't fair! I just wanted to know. Now that I think of it she did sound kinda mad." Trevor frowned and turned and hurried to where his girlfriends locker was.

"Not the smartest one in the bunch." Chase shook his head as the others laughed and they walked towards the cafiteria to grab some breakfast.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:41 am
Chupatoasta says...

Danielle sighed as she stepped out of her Volkswagon bug, complete with zebra print interior and a pale pink exterior. She turned her brown eyes upon the small school before her in slight disgust. This was just the cherry on top. She shouldered her backpack and walked through the front doors, her chest tightening at the picture of her mom and dad's class picture among the many at the front of the school.

This is too much.

Danielle turned to the office and quickly grabbed her schedule and locker combination. She really didn't want to be here. It had been years since she'd been back in town and only a few months since her parents were taken from her. Her eyes stared harshly back at the people that were staring at her. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she wasted no time in pulling it out.

Twitter.

After making about six updates, she followed the crowd into what seemed to be the cafeteria. She looked back down at her phone and suddenly slammed into someone's back, stumbling and catching herself before she hit the ground and looking up at the person accusingly, as if it was their fault.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:58 am
TNCowgirl says...

Chase spun around when someone ran into him and was surprised when she gave him a look like it was all his fault.

"Are you ok?" He asked not recognizing her. She must've been the new girl that had just moved to town.

"I'm fine." She huffed as she glanced back down at her phone. He wanted to laugh, this girl was extremely city, there weren't many people here that she would fit in with.

"I'm Chase." He smiled sticking his hand out for her to shake. She looked at it then back down at her phone. "Ok then, if you need any help finding your way around Mary over there is really good at helping others. So talk to her." He turned and walked towards the table he normally sat at with his group.

"She's...odd." Colt said sitting down across from him.

"What do you think people would think of us if we moved to a big city. Though she is extremely rude." Chase shook his head and took a gulp of his milk. "So we all going out to the Chance Field Saturday? Billy said they built a new four wheeling course over the winter and I really want to try it out."

"That I know of that is what everyone is planning to do. He wouldn't let anyone see it all winter long because he wanted to throw a big party after school started back up." Colt replied. "It's supposed to be wicked! Plus they have the mudding hole back in the back. He said his dad put up some sheds for everyone to crash in that night so we're all pretty well set for when we go."
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 am
Chupatoasta says...

Danielle let out a huff as the bell rang. She looked at the schedule in her hands. AP Biology. This hicktown actually had college level classes? She walked towards the classroom, paper in hand. As she rounded the corner, she missed the first step to the stairs and fell into another broad back. The guy turned around and she noted that it was the exact same guy from before. Well this was embarrassing.

"Sorry," she grumbled and hurried passed him and his friends, her nose stuffed in her phone screen as she read update after update.

One more corner and she walked into the classroom. The teacher greeter her with a wide smile. "Well hi honey! You must be Danielle!" She nodded once.

"Yes ma'am," that last word felt so foreign on her tongue, but after her grandma threatening to taking away her cell phone, she got back into the habit of saying it.

"Well here you go! Here's the syllabus! Pick a lab table!" Danielle opted for one furthest from the door, noting the silver platter with a opaque covering over it. A hint of red was visible underneath it. Her chocolate brown eyes shot back to the board.

Cow Eye Dissection.

No they weren't. As kids started making their way into the classroom, Danielle's stomach started it flit.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:05 am
TNCowgirl says...

Chase was the last one to walk into the classroom and the only seat left was with the new girl that had an odd habit of running into him. He sat down and looked down at the eyeball, this should be fun.

"You know if you didn't have your nose pressed against your phone all the time you wouldn't run into others so much." He said quietly. She looked over at him and frowned.

"Alright class, the instructions are layed out in front of you please proceed." The teacher said.

"Ever dissected anything before?"

"No." She frowned as she looked down at it.

"It's easy." He picked up the scalple and cut the eye open like the instructions said. "Trust me it's way easier to do this then to gut and package a deer."
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 am
Chupatoasta says...

Danielle almost gagged when the scalpel melted into the outside layer of the eyeball. "-gut and package a deer." was all she caught out of his lips. She was too busy trying not to lose her breakfast. If this was really her first period, and if they did this often, she'd be in trouble. Her dad used to hunt, now that she thought about it, remembering a day she sat on the tailgate of his truck, in camouflage, and held the tail of the white tailed deer in her hand.

With a shudder, Danielle brought herself back to what was currently going on. She couldn't even imagine doing something like that no. It was so... gross.

"That's disgusting," she mumbled and picked up the worksheet as she filled it out from the information they were getting as he picked the eye apart.

"It's not that bad," he retaliated and Danielle grumbled to herself. It was that bad. It was absolutely repulsive.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 pm
TNCowgirl says...

When Chase finished disecting the eyeball he looked over at the sheet and then at her face.

"Do you realize your face is as white as that piece of paper?" He smiled looking over at her. "You don't have a strong stomach do you?"

"No." She replied still not looking at the eyeball.

"It's just an eye, the eyes were gotten from the towns vet. When someones cow dies of natural causes they snag the eyes and preserve them. Saves the town money I guess." He smiled. "That isn't going to help you feel any better is it?"

"No."

"Where are you from?" He asked changing the subject.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:44 am
Chupatoasta says...

Danielle sighed and pulled her torso further away from the smell. "Well I was born here," she sighed and looked back at her phone. "But I've lived in Atlanta for the last few years." She turned her nose up once more. "I miss the city. Well, the cell service at least."

She noticed him cough to cover up a small laugh. "I've lived here my whole life."

"That's nice. I don't see how you do it. It's too... redneck." She couldn't tell if he was offended and honestly, she really didn't care. Her phone buzzed again and she found herself on facebook once more.

"It may be that way to you. Are you ever not on that?" Danielle looked up at him with a cocked eyebrow, studying him quickly. He was cute. Definitely built, attractive, nice teeth and he smelled good... but there was just something throwing her off. Oh yeah, redneck.

The bell suddenly ran and she scoffed rather than answering his question, hurrying out the door.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Chase watched her leave and he slowly got up shaking his head and turning in their paper.

"What's her problem, she looked like she was going to puke throughout the whole class." Colt said walking up to him.

"Girl is from Atlanta, what do you expect." Chase smiled as they walked out to the hallway and down to their next class.

**so how are we going to get her to one of the get togethers?**
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:13 am
Chupatoasta says...

**Hmm...**

"You're not very talkative are ya?" A girl beside Danielle leaned over in the middle of their English class. She was pretty. Her dirty blonde hair was braided over one shoulder and she had bright green eyes, wearing short shorts, boots and a flannel button up. Despite Danielle's previous thoughts of the town itself, she had to admit this girl looked like a sweetheart.

"No, I'm not," she sighed and ran her hands through her hair.

"I'm Hannah," the girl stuck her hand out and Danielle took it meekly, shaking her hand.

"Danielle, but a lot of my friends call me Nella." Hannah smiled brightly and then questioned where Danielle was from and what she did for fun. "Atlanta. Usually I went shopping... or I'm on my phone, or something..." She wasn't totally sure what to say.

"Well, considerin' it's a Friday night, how about you come out with me and some of my friends?" Hannah grinned.

"Doing what?"

"Oh you'll see. Just meet us at the cafe at around two-thirty with an overnight bag, okay?" The bell rang as Hannah punched her number into Danielle's phone. "Text me after school, bye darlin'!" And with that she was gone.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:20 am
TNCowgirl says...

Chase tossed his duffle in the back of his truck before jumping in.

"Remember, do not drive tonight, I don't want to have to pull you off the pavement dead." His dad called after him.

"I know I know, I won't do anything you didn't do when I was your age." He yelled back before pulling out of the drive. He had a feeling his dad said something along the lines of that makes me feel better and it would be extremely sarcastic. But the parents out here knew that their kids were going to go out and party and the likes so they would rather make sure that they did it in a safe enviroment then out somewhere that they could get hurt.

He pulled up to the field where alot of other kids had already shown up and jumped out of his truck walking around to the back and unloading his four wheeler. Which was a chore with his truck jacked up so high.

"So Hannah said she got the new girl to come, they are at the cafe right now about to head over." Colt said after he road over on his four wheeler and shut it off.

"She's not a talker and I doubt she will stay long, she is glued to that phone constantly. Plus there is no cell service out here." He smiled.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:32 am
Chupatoasta says...

Danielle grabbed her Pink duffell bag and carefully placed her clothes in the back, unsure of what exactly to pack. She decided on two pair of jeans, her only pair of boots, three tank tops and then a handful or random clothing that she thought would be okay, including her bathing suit. This wasn't like her to just go running around with a bunch of randoms.

Her phone buzzed with a text message to hurry up and she groaned, pulling on a pair of athletic shorts, a tight fitting, red Nike tshirt and her brand new tennis shoes as she pulled her hair into a loose bun with a head band and headed out the door towards the cafe.

"Well hey there honey!" Hannah laughed and handed Danielle a greasy sack. "This is my boyfriend Hunter, Hunter this is Nella." The curly blonde-haired boy nodded in Danielle's direction, seemingly to be disappointed that it wasn't just him and his girlfriend.

"Colt and the others are just waiting on us," he sighed as they drove, suddenly veering off the road and down some dirt path. Danielle's heart began to pace quicker.

"Eat that burger, we won't have anything else until tonight," Hannah ordered and Danielle gingerly took bites, trying to keep herself from getting sick with worry.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:54 am
TNCowgirl says...

Chase saw Hunter pull up an he rode his four wheeler over with Colt behind him. Everyone climbed out an Chase saw the new girl.

"I hope you brought different shoes cause those wont stay clean." He smiled at her. She gave him a funny look than pulled some boots out of a bright pink bag pulling them on. Hannah climbed on the four wheeler behind Colt Hunter jumping on behind her. "Hop on."

"Say what?" She asked looking at the four wheeler.

"Just get on you won't fall off. Just toss your bag on the rack." He smiled at her. "I promise I won't let you get hurt."
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:35 am
Chupatoasta says...

Oh god... what am I doing right now?

He was cute, she'd admit, and those few words made her heart quicken, but this was in no way her kind of fun. Danielle took a deep breath and put her bag on the rack, swinging one leg over the four-wheeler like she used to do with her horse. The four-wheeler lurched forward and she let out a surprised squeak, the three in front of her laughing at her softly. She twisted her face up with a frown and looked at the mud flying beneath then, already finding its way onto her boots.

This was so redneck.

She held onto the back racks, not knowing Hunter enough to hold onto him and kept her eyes closed as they tore through the mud, bumping and rolling around in the water and dirt mixture. When Danielle opened her eyes, she'd wished she hadn't. A huge pool of soft mud was laying before them as Colt revved the engine. He crept forward and then hit the gas, almost making it across before the mud engulfed one of the back tires.

Oh no, this isn't happening.

Danielle grabbed her bag and put it on the other side, standing up on the back of the four-wheeler while the others just stepped into the mud. "Come on Nella, just jump down," Hannah smiled and Danielle gave her head a shake.

"I'm not getting in there." She pulled her phone from her pocket to put inside her duffell bag and it slipped from her hand, hitting the mud with a slap before slowly sinking until the mud had practically eating the phone as well, leaving Danielle to just stand there, mouth agape.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 am
TNCowgirl says...

She is the only one on with Chase everyone else was on Colts to go where the others were. Lol.

Chase bit his tongue trying not to laugh ad he reached in the mud an pulled out her phone. He handed it to her and then picked her up setting her on the other four wheeler an then picking his four wheeler out of the rut it was in. It took a few minutes before he got it back to dry land. He sloshed back over to the other four wheeler and looked at Nella.

"You wanna walk or do you want me to carry you?" He asked with a smile. She huffed and then looked at the mud. He didn't let her reply before he scooped her up an carried her to the four wheeler. The others got theirs unstuck an the drove to where everyone else was. There was a huge bonfire with tons of four wheelers circling it. Everyone was holding a red solo cup with beer in it.

"Hey!" A burnette girl yelled running over and giving them all hugs. "It's about time y'all got here!"

"We missed anything good?" Chase asked her looking down at the girl that everyone in his group had adopted as their little sister.

"Nope, you know the fun doesn't start til y'all show up." Kimmy smiled. "Hi, I'm Kimmy. You must be Nella!" She said giving Nella a hug.
Want a Readers crit???

Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief