z

Young Writers Society

The Boondocks

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 am
Chupatoasta says...

Danielle accepted the hug half-heartedly as she mourned the loss of her cell phone in silence. "Yeah, well it's Danielle, but Nella works." She smiled softly and just tossed her phone onto the grass, beside her bag. She had to admit, the bonfire looked interesting and there was possibly alcohol in the red plastic cups. At the parties in Atlanta they usually just drank out of whatever was in someone's cabinet.

She turned to Hannah, running her fingers through her hair. "Can I see your phone to call my mo-" her throat constricted and it instantly became impossible to finish the word and her eyes pricked. "I-I mean my grandma." She blinked a couple times as Hannah fished out her phone.

After the short phone call, she made her way back over to where Chase and Hannah stood, handing Hannah back her phone.

"Ready for some fun?" Chase looked at her with a wicked grin. "I sure hope you don't mind getting those clothes dirty." Oh god, diirty? Danielle glanced down at the simple outfit she had on, shrugging her shoulders. There was no way she was getting in the mud anyway, so it didn't even matter.

"Ay! Chase, how you been boy? Look, I got this here course set up 'n everything," a thickly southern accent cheered as a guy walked in their direction, a huge amount of dip in his mouth. Danielle bit her tongue to keep from laughing, and simply looked away. "But listen here boy, since we're drinkin' you can't be drivin'" There was a long pause and then the redneck guffawed loudly. "Naw, I'm just kidding."

Oh my god, she thought to herself, looking back at her mud-covered phone helplessly.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Chase smiled and shook his head.

"Your dad coming around for everyones car keys later?" He asked.

"Sure nough, four wheelers on the other hand he don't care." The guy grinned. "Someone told me your phone fell in the mud?" He asked looking at Nella who nodded. "Take it over to Billy J, he's a pro at making those things work after a fall in the mud. He'll clean it up and stick it in rice or something that he keeps in the shed."

"Thanks!" She grabbed her phone and froze. "Whose BillyJ?"

"Hey, Billy J!" Chase yelled and a big teddy bear looking guy walked over.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:21 am
Chupatoasta says...

Danielle looked at her phone, then over at the huge guy who had suddenly emerged, her eyes widening. "You know, I think I can live without it for the night. I've been needing one for a while." She bit the inside of her lip and wiped the rest of the mud off of her iPhone before shoving it in her pocket. Maybe this way she'd actually be able to get the newest one.

"Here Nella! You can use my phone to text your parents if you want!" Hannah handed her her phone. "All my friends are here anyway and my dad rarely checks on us." Danielle nodded and said a soft thank you as Hannah skipped back to her boyfriend's side. She really wasn't sure what to do. She punched in a familiar number and sent a quick text before shoving Hannah's phone in her back pocket.

Chase started to walk towards the rest of the group and then stopped, his eyes landing on Danielle. "Well, are you coming?" She couldn't resist to cock an eyebrow.

"I-uh guess," she sighed and walked behind him towards the four wheelers.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:34 am
TNCowgirl says...

Chase jumped on his four wheeler and motioned for her to get on the back. She hesitantly climbed on the back and he revved it up chasing after the others through the woods and towards the track. He was surprised she had come let alone got on the four wheeler. But this was the town, this was the thing all the teenagers did minus a few outcasts that thought they were too good for all this.

"Hold on." He yelled back at her grinning as he tore towards one of the jumps following the others towards another field that was full of mud, but it was a little shallower. He felt her arms tighten a little right before they soared over the jump her arms tightening even more right before they landed. He didn't even hesitate as he went faster passing the others and doing a circle in the mud coming to a stop and turning around to look at her. She still had a death grip on his waist.

"You can let go now." He grinned.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein