z

Young Writers Society

The Way The Cookie Crumbles

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:01 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Austin took a deep breath as Tabby ran back over grinning from ear to ear.

"She's coming." She beamed. "So now I'm going to go get everything ready for the party, see you tonight!" She grabbed the other girl that was with them and they left.

"I gotta go home for a little bit, I'll see you tonight." Austin said slipping out to his car before Chandler could protest and driving away. He said Arizona and her little brother walking and he slowed down. "Want a ride?"
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:54 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Arizona turned slightly to look at him, walking backwards while holding Houston's hands. "It's okay, wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself by hanging around the slut of the town," her gaze turned accusing. "It's funny how you can act the same way everyone else can without knowing the actual story. I know what y'alls conversations are about." She looked back towards Houston as Austin rolled beside them.

"Hey, Zona, isn't that the boy in the picture beside your bed?" Houston chagrinned and Arizonna bit the inside of her cheek, groaning inwardly. She didn't answer and instead, turned to face Austin, stopping Houston mid-roll.

"You still like off of Scenic Drive, right?"

Austin looked up quickly, like he'd been pulled from his thought.

"Yeah, right down the street from your uncle. Is that where y'all are staying?" Arizona nodded once and lifted Houston off the longboard before popping it up into her hand.

"Hurry up Zona!" She smiled at the five year old in her arms before making no cars were coming.

Don't want his friends to see. She mused to herself before opening the back door for Houston and then sliding in the front.

"So, how are your parents?" She smiled and gently rubbed her arm, which was covered in chills from the AC already.
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:47 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"They are just fine." Austin said turning the AC down. "Dad opened up his surf shop and mom is still growing and selling produce and plants. She started growing flowers and the like so they added on a new greenhouse for that."

"That's cool." Arizona replied.

"You know you don't have to go to that party tonight, in fact I don't know if it's such a great idea." He replied as they pulled down their road and up her Uncle's drive. "How is your family?"
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:49 am
Chupatoasta says...

Arizona's small smile faltered. "They're good. It's just me and Houston here. Allison is here every other week, then at her mom's when she's not here. My uncle stays cooped up in his room all the time. Mom and Dad," she paused for a moment thinking about the day her mom told her she didn't want to be living under the same roof as a 'little slut'. "-well, they're still in the other house." Austin's car came to a stop and Houston jumped out and ran his small self into the house after saying a thank you to Austin.

"Is he okay?" Austin looked in the direction Austin disappeared to.

"He doesn't really like to talk about our parents. They figured if I was old enough to... do what I did... then I was old enough to take responsibility of a five year old. I think they just wanted to clear out the house." Arizona glanced over at Austin and gave him a soft smile as she leaned to the back and grabbed her long board and then her backpack.

"Bye Aussie," Arizona gave him a friendly wink before stepping out of the car.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:22 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Bye Zona." Austin smiled back at her as he watched her walk up to the house. Had she really changed all that much, it didn't seem like it. Houston had said that she had a picture of him still. Maybe she was still his Zona, that it was just a one time freak thing that happened to her.

Yeah, like that is likely A snide voice said in his head.

It's possible! He growled back.

"Great, now I'm talking to myself." He sighed as he drove down the road to his house to get ready for the party. Now he wasn't so sure he wanted to go, because he would be torn between Zona and his new friends if something did go down at the party. He wasn't exactly sure how he would be able to handle that. What was he going to do? Was Arizona still his Zona, or was she nothing like the girl he used to know.

"Guess we will have to see." He said to himself as he got out of his truck and ran inside to get ready.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:20 pm
Chupatoasta says...

Arizona sighed as she opened her closet doors and took out her belly button ring, looping it through the jewelry holder. She pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and tossed them on her bed. "Well there's the start of it," she sighed, still unsure of whether or not she should go. She pulled out her favorite shirt, a crop top of the American flag and smiled at how cute it looked. The fabric stopped right above her belly button, but cut, braided strands ending in silver beads went all the way down to the start of her jeans. She paired it with an American flag belly button ring and then her Toms.

"You look pretty sissy!" Houston ran into the room just as Arizona was pulling her shirt over her head.

"Thank you Hou!" She smiled and picked the five year old up before walking to the bathroom. "How should I do my hair, buddy?" Houston was playing with on of the beads on her shirt as she looked in the mirror to assess the damage.

"Curl it!" And so she did. She slid red studded earrings in and finished off with a little bit of make up before running Houston down the stairs. "I want Mac and Cheese!"

"You always want macaroni and cheese," she teased him playfully.

"Mac and cheese!"

Arizona threw her hands up in defeat before starting Houston's dinner. She heated up some chicken from the night before along with some sweet peas. Allison was sitting at the table with one of her friends, talking loudly while looking over her shoulder at Arizona. Maria, the maid, soon took over the kitchen and sent Arizona on her way.

"Go have fun bonita," the Hispanic woman winked, "and take your car. It's dark and riding that board could get you hurt."

"Yes ma'am," Arizona cheesed and kissed Houston on the cheek. He groaned out his disgust as the door shut behind her.

342 Mocha Circle

With a nervous breath, she backed out of the drive way and went on her way.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Austin walked into Tabby's house and looked around. There were a good bit of people already there drinking and messing around.

"Hey, Dude." Chandler grinned walking over and looking around. "Looks like the slut didn't show." Austin's jaw involuntarily clenched and he just shrugged.

"Heeeey Austin!" Tabby slurred walking over and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Tabby." He replied his eyebrows raised. "How much have you drank already?"

"Just a little." She smiled. "Wanna dance?"

"No, but Chandler does." Austin said slipping free of her grasp and pointing her towards Chandler who went and danced with her. Austin watched for a few minutes before turning to go outside. He saw the front door open and Arizona walked in. He wanted to rush over and get her out of the house before anyone saw her, but it was too late.

"Lookie whose here!" Tabby laughed. "Hey new girl!"
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:16 pm
Chupatoasta says...

"Hey new girl!" The girl who had invited Arizona over smiled maliciously as she stopped dancing with Chandler. Arizona smiled nervously and bit the inside of her cheek. Tabby trumped toward her, her hand holding a strong smelling, bright pink alcoholic drink in a red plastic cup. "Drink up!"

Arizona looked between her drink and the group before her. She put the drink to her lips and tilted her head back, keeping her lips tight against the plastic so the liquid didn't seep into her mouth. Tabby was obviously drunk as she grabbed the cup and took it from Arizona and poured it onto the white carpet below them, giggling as she walked back to the kitchen. Arizona wiped her mouth and made her way past the multitudes of people, the majority of which were staring at her.

Whispers of whore, slut and more filled her ears as she walked past girls and their dates. The music started up again and once more, the house was filled with grinding teenagers.

And I'm the slut.

"Guys are just worried she's got HIV or something," some lanky guy voiced as she passed him. She took a deep breath as she got to the kitchen, seeing Austin and Chandler, who of course, was laughing at the lanky boy's comment.

That's all they are. Boys.

"Hey Austin," Arizona smiled at him, not expecting a reply since he was around his friends. He had a reputation to think about, she knew that.

"Here Arizona-a," Tabby sang as she refilled the cup and handed it to her. Before Arizona could get the correct grasp of it, the cup flung forward and covered her white top with pink slush. With a gasp, she jumped back and her foot slid into the spilled drink on the floor which sent her crashing to the ground and the eruption of laughter to insue.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:43 am
TNCowgirl says...

Austin clenched his jaw and walked out of the room. He was torn between helping Arizona and joining his friends.

"Where are you going, Austiin?" Tabby called after him.

"To get a drink." He called back walking over to the drink table that was in the living room and grabbing a beer chugging it down before he grabbed another one. He heard more laughter from the kitchen and it took everything inside of him to keep from charging in there and telling them all to leave his Zona alone.

But she's not your Zona anymore. A voice in his head reminded him.
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:27 am
Chupatoasta says...

Arizona sat there for few moments after watching Austin walk out on her. Chandler grabbed a beer bottle and finished it off by emptying into her blonde hair. Anger bubbled up as she stayed stock still. Her eyes quickly surveyed the room until she found the most expensive-looking item around. Within minutes she was on top of table the vase sat on and smiling childishly.

"Put it down you slut!" Tabby screeched and Arizona just laughed softly.

Oh I'll put it down alright.

She dropped it from eight feet above the ground, the porcelain shattering. The room was quiet. "That's destruction of property." Chandler growled and was across the room, in her face in seconds.

"No it wasn't. You party goers knocked it down while getting drunk and illegally having alcohol. Who do you think would get in more trouble?" To that he had no answer. Arizona snorted and stepped off the table.

"Thanks for the help, Aus." She growled at him as she hurried out the door and slammed it behind her.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:02 am
TNCowgirl says...

Austin watched her leave as he drank down another beer. She was never going to talk to him again. He quickly followed her out the door and grabbed her arm.

"I'm sorry, alright." He slurred. "But what did you expect would happen? You honestly should have thought of the repercussions before doing something like what you did. I don't even recognize you anymore, Zona. To honestly think that I was so in love with you that I waited years for you to come back and to have the same feelings for me. When in reality you were whereever you were sending pictures to whoever you got the whimsy to send them to. God knows what else you did!" He turned around on his heel and stormed back to the house grabbing another beer.

He felt like crap inside, all he ever wanted was her, and the girl the thought he loved, had never dated anyone else in hopes she would come back was no more! He had wasted years of his life waiting for someone that no longer existed and it infuriated him. He hadn't realized that he felt like this before now, but now it was all making sense!

**By the way he won't remember any of this the next day. :P **
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:17 am
Chupatoasta says...

Arizona leaned against the hood of her Challenger, her heart slamming. He was slap out drunk, she could smell the alcohol seeping from him even after he had left. With a sigh, she scooted back and pulled her legs to her chest, remembering the first time he'd confessed his love for her. He didn't remember that day either, considering he had had a concussion. They were about nine and he was teaching her how to bat in a game of baseball between him and the neighborhood kids.

"No, Zona, hold it like this!" He turned her hands and wrapped his arms around her, grabbing the bat too and swinging it down. "Okay. Tommy, throw the ball!" The fourteen year old boy pitched the ball slowly and Austin let go, stepping back.

Arizona took a big step towards Tommy and swung the bat, the metal making a sickening slam against something other than the ball, which went soaring. Austin began to groan from behind her, confirming her fears.

Tommy had already started running back to their houses, the other boys following to get Austin's parents. "Zona," he groaned, "that wasn't nice."

Arizona was on her scabbed up knees from a previous skateboarding accident, and Austin's head was on her lap. "I'm really sorry," she was sniffing and her cheeks had paths carved already from the tears.

"It's okay," his eyelids were fluttering. "I like you Zona, I like you a lot. When we grow up, we're getting married... unless you don't know how to play baseball, then I don't want to get married yet because I'll still have to teach you."

Arizona laughed softly to herself and pulled her phone out of her pocket. No text messages, emails, Facebook notifications, nothing. Not that that was anything new, though. Her phone suddenly buzzed, making her jump slightly.

Hey gorgeous.

It was him. The same person who turned her life into a living hell. Names like gorgeous and beautiful had no meaning coming from him anymore. She ignored his text and slid her phone back into her pocket.

Arizona sat there for another half an hour or so before the front door swung open and Austin stumbled out, his eyes half open as he pulled out his key ring and started his way towards his car. Was he about to drive? "Austin," she warned and hopped off the hood. "Austin, give me your keys."

"No, I've got to go home," he slurred. Arizona put her hand on his keys and started to tug on them.

"No, you don't. Not like this. You can come over to my house or stay here." She snatched his keys from him and started her way towards her car.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:41 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"I really don't want to stay here with these a**holes." Chase slurred walking towards her car. "They seriously have no life, I mean honestly! Everything they think they do is wrong they want to blame on everyone else."

"You're telling me. Thus the reason they are picking on me for no damn reason." She growled.

"They need a life." He said laying back on the seat closing his eyes. "I missed you, Zona." He slurred before falling asleep.

((Oy vey))
Want a Readers crit???

23 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:02 am
Chupatoasta says...

Arizona sighed and looked over at him as he dozed off. She pulled out of the driveway and started down the road back to her house. "I missed you too Aus," her mouth twisted and she bit her cheek to keep tears from filling her eyes. It just wasn't fair.

Turning onto the main road, her stomach grumbled in detest. With a sigh, she pulled into a Sonic, ordering both her and Austin a hamburger meal and a vanilla coke, in case he decided to wake up. "You know," she started, knowing he wasn't conscious enough to know what she was saying, "I've never done anything. IT was a stupid mistake. I didn't want to have sex so he said he'd stay with me if I sent it." She took a bite of her burger, studying his sleeping form. "He was the first guy to show interest in me so I didn't want to lose that."

"Mmm, Zona," Austin mumbled in his sleep and her heartbeat quickened. His eyelids fluttered open and he gave her a crooked smile.

"U-uh I got you something to eat." She stuttered and motioned down to the ground. Austin smiled at her and ate a few fries before passing back out. Arizona let out a small laugh as she pulled into her drive through. She rolled her windows down to let the alcohol air out and walked to Austin's side of the car. She put his arm over her shoulders and helped him stumble into her uncle's bedroom and then up the stairs.

"Zona-a," he sang and she laughed softly as she rolled him onto her bed, taking his shoes off to keep dirt off her blankets.

"Go to sleep, Aus," she laughed softly and grabbed herself a blanket and made her way to the loveseat in the corner of her room.
George Bernard Shaw

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:10 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Austin woke up the next morning with a horrible hang over. He rolled over in the bed wanting to go back to sleep when he realized he wasn't in his own bed. He sat up quickly and looked around seeing Arizona sleeping on a loveseat. He slowly stood up and walked over as she opened her eyes.

"Why on earth did you put me in your bed while you had to sleep on a coach. You could've just made me sleep in your car and I would've been fine." He growled rubbing his sore head.
Want a Readers crit???

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb