z

Young Writers Society

David's Eyes (CactusGirl & Lumi)

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 am
Lumi says...

This is where the awesome story of David, the psychotic antihero, will be told. As a gentleman, I will let CactusGirl lead us in!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 pm
View Likes
CactusGirl says...

To the world, it was another busy day in Manhattan, as normal as any one day could be in the city that never sleeps. Car horns rang over the loud chatter of people on their phones as marketers yelled out prices, praying on naïve tourists. It appeared as though all was the same and all was normal.

To David, the world had changed drastically with the statement, 'You have been deemed stable enough to be released.' He almost laughed at the happiness of getting to breathe the smog of freedom before changing his mind. The caretaker had not left him alone yet, and could still him back. He wasn't insane anymore- the change had not been instant, nor had it been like a burden was released from him. It was more like they had effectively covered what he was behind a curtain of darkness. Still, he felt more free from the confines of his mind than he had ever been before.

It was amazing to be able to walk the streets of bustling city, something he had not done in a long time. The caretaker walked next to him, though whether it was the sign of showing equality or that he was being watched was not clear. The caretaker gestured for David to follow him across the street, where they walked into a dreary apartment building.

"You are aware of the terms on which we have set you free?" the caretaker asked, turning to face him inside of the cheap lobby.

David nodded, but the caretaker squinted at his face before continuing.

"Your rent will be paid for the first month, in which time you are expected to find a job. Throughout this month-"

"-I'll will be under surveillance until you can verity that I am completely stable and have no fear that I will revert to my previous state," David finished for him. "I am aware, as we have gone over this multiple times since the discussion of my release was brought up."

The caretaker sighed, obviously annoyed. "I am to help you get situated before leaving you in your new apartment."

David nodded, though he knew this already too. As the caretaker punched the button on the elevator for the second floor, he allowed himself a small smile. Finally, he was permitted to be free.

If you receive a bribe, you must report it in your income.
— John Oliver