Arcacia (Taken)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:29 am
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Chapter One: First Meeting

Felicity

My king's orders, I strode through the unknown kingdom to me. The floors a shiny marble, my eyes wonder up to the silky red curtains. On a job to kill the older prince of Arcacia, I keep a hidden dagger in my 'maids' pocket in case I get a good chance.

I've never met the prince, which makes me wonder even more if he's worth killing. The Neice of the princess to my kingdom, I head to my room and find there is a note on the bed, waiting for me. It's written in deep, calm, cursive, telling me that the king probrably wrote it. I hesitate before slowly unrolling the script and reading the fragile note in my hands.

Felicity,

I hope you found this room to your likings. Please meet my sons in the ballroom at once. No need to wear your outfit just yet. Wear what you feel comfortable in.

Best regards, King Casper.

I put the note down and change into my uniform before heading there, my eyes wondering to the doors as I find the ballroom and walk inside.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 am
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Nicholas

Standing in the center of the ballroom, I wait for this new maid Father hired. My younger brother James stands five or six feet away, his hands joined behind his back. Unlike me, his dark brown hair is slicked back and his face is freshly shaven, though he only has sixteen years behind him. His eyes are hard and, frighteningly so, he resembles Father more than I do.

Mother always said I had her eyes.

The sound of footsteps breaks me from thought, one of my hands running through my tousled chocolate hair in habit. With a sigh, I straighten my posture and thank the Divine that I have no need to wear my crown today, though I sense James feels differently.

A young woman, perhaps my age, enters the ballroom, and almost immediately am I stricken by her beauty.

This? The maid? Cannot be so!

James has the opposite reaction, studying the girl as if he can read her deepest secrets off the facade of her face.

"Forgive us, for our father failed to mention a name," I break the silence. "What shall we call you?"
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:46 am
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I flash a friendly smile when I see them, My hands kept securely behind my back as if I was a helpless little school girl. I study both of them before answering in my british accent, "Felicity..." I reply, one of them not taking their eyes off me and the other looking at me like I was his worst enemy.

I glance around again, My collared red shirt going perfectly with my ruby red lips, and my short skirt making a blonde look smarter then she already is. One of my curls hangs infront of my crystal blue eyes. Just wearing my flats, I hesitate before commenting, 'Your kingdom is very beautiful," I smile, "And your names?"

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:58 am

Nicholas

Glancing at James, I nonchalantly elbow him to tear his eyes off of Felicity. What's his problem? Clearing my throat, I focus back on Felicity and keep my chin up.

"Thank you. I am Prince Nicholas, eldest," I introduce myself before motion to my brother. "This is my brother, Prince James."

I study her before deciding to be polite and relaxing my gaze, setting it somewhere else. As I scan over the rest of the ballroom, I put aside all thoughts of anything more than the necessities and take another deep breath.

"You are to serve me, yes? As my handmaiden?" I return my gaze to her.

She simply nods.

"You will be subject to everyday tasks," I inform her. "Nothing too harsh; you aren't a servant or slave. I am morally just in more ways than most. I try to be fair."

Looking at her again, I study her once more before taking a step towards the exit.

"I take it you've seen your quarters," I say. "Follow me and I will show you where you'll be working."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:10 am
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I follow him when he leads me out, glancing at his brother as I do. A slide wind blows across the hallway and I glance at him, not understanding why the king wants him killed after all.

He leads me to his room first and I hesitate before walking in after him, "So what shall I do here?"

"Clean once a week," He answers, "Not everything, don't move anything," He tells me, eyeing me curiously. I nod and bite my lip.

"Of course. When are my times to report?" I ask.

"At noon when I am at lunch," He replies, "When I am not in this room." I can tell by his voice that he doesn't want me for this. That he wants me for something else. I swallow and nod again.

He leads me out again and to the main quarters where other maids get their supplies, "Here, you will get the cleaning supplies."

He walks through that and to his closet on the other side of his room through the double doors, "Here is my wardrobe. Wash evey outfit after I wear it."

I nod slowly and he turns to me, looking in my eyes before clearing his throat and looking away again, "That is all. If there may be anything else I shall remember I will request to meet with you."

I hesitate before noddingc not saying anything as he flashes a soft smile, "Dissmissed."

I flash a smile back before heading back to my room, running a hand through my hair.

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:21 am

Nicholas

I remain where I stand while she leaves, chewing on the inside of my lip. Shaking my head at myself, I sigh and sit at my desk before a window overlooking the kingdom. I shift the papers around, focusing on the project Father asked me to work on over the next few days.

Dragons and other legends...

Nearly rolling my eyes at the thought, I set the report down and look out at the rolling hills leading to the dark forest. Why would Father ask me to look over mythology? What is the hinting of this?

Without coming to an answer, I stand and walk down to the throne room. James stands beside Father, quietly discussing some matter I assume I'll never get to the bottom of. When they notice my presence, they hush up and warmly usher me over.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:05 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

As I'm walking back to my room, I glance out the windows at the valleys before us. The sun setting, I decide to not go to dinner and unlock the door, walking in as I shut it beside me.

My blue eyes trace to a mirror in the back of the room by the bathroom and I take my time walking over to it. I look at myself for a couple minutes, not knowing any better, and hesitate before looking at the knife on the bed. I swallow, realizing that I don't want to do this at all, and sit on the side of the bed. I pick up the dagger and trace my fingers along the blade, my hair still covering one of my eyes.

You have to Fel. It's the only way to get our kingdom back in rule. I can't stand another minute being the one that has to fight for rule. You have to 'enforce it'.

I look up at the windows once more before leaning against the bed frame, thinking about what Prince James' problem is with me. Was I really that obvious? Pushing aside the thought, I just look at the ceiling. Guess we'll find out...

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Chapter Two: Closer

Nicholas

Departing from the throne room, I walk almost in a daze down the hallways and reflect on what Father said more about the project, or rather what he failed to say. Halfway to my room, as my eyes lock on the tile below my feet, I run smack into another person and nearly curse myself when I fall to the floor and find Felicity in the same state.

"I'm so sorry," I say, standing and brushing myself off.

I stretch a hand towards her and pull her up, releasing her hand as soon as she's vertical.

"I should have been paying attention," I admit. "I apologize."

"S'fine," she says plainly.

Nodding, I bite the inside of my lip and allow the gears within my head to turn.

"If you aren't to tend to anything, might you join me in my quarters?" I ask. "I could use the company as of now."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:22 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

This would be a perfect time.

I hesitate before nodding at his question, noght blanketing the sky. My eyes wonder back up to his eyes and I hide the dagger in my side bag. He keeps looking at me, not moving or saying anything, before he snaps out of it and his face burns a shade of red, "Uh," He clears his throat, "Follow me."

I flash a weak smile before doing as he says, my bag heavier then before, and turn to him when he closes the door. Something about him making me feel safe, I smile wider he does the same, "Your um...your welcome to put your bag down if you'd like."

I shake my head almost too soon, "No thank you, your highness. I believe I should keep it by my side."

He studies me before nodding, glancing around before sitting at one of the tables in his room, motioning to the spot next to him, "Come sit."

I nod and do so, sighing as I keep my bag by my side.

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Nicholas

Control, Nick. You aren't acting yourself.

I watch her sit down before glancing away, chewing on the inside of my lip again. My mind reels for something to say, some form of a start of conversation. Clearing my throat, I glance back at her and release a sigh.

"Are you settling in well?" I ask.

She nods, but stays quiet. I wonder why that is, almost noticing a flicker of negatively flamed anticipation in her eyes. Shaking the thought away, I nod and face forward. My fingers tap the wood of the table for a little, searching for something more.

"Since you will be a part of my staff for a while," I start, "perhaps we should gain a better understanding of each other. After all, you will be in and out of here often, and it is better to put at ease thoughts of distrust towards someone than to live with its seed."

Looking at her, I study her again.

"That said, mind enlightening me? Where are you from?" I ask.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:37 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I swallow at his question before fingering the knife, "Yonder," I answer, "I lived...In your kingdom's village."

He nods, "Any family members?"

I nod back, "A younger sister and older brother, your highness," I move it behind my back and glance out the window, wondering why of all people he would bring me in his very room.

He studies me, "I'm sorry about how my brother acted earlier," He flashes a soft smile, "That isn't like him. If anything I thought he'd li--"

He stops mid-sentence, clearing his throat, before thinking twice, "Nevermind. How old are you?"

I hesitate, "Eighteen, sir," I reply, actually wondering for myself, "And you?"

"Nineteen," He says confidently.

I nod again and move the knife to my lap before he gazes into my eyes. I can't help but gaze back and hands tremble slightly from the thing I'm about to do before I lift my hand a little. I glance at him and his kind face gives away his innocence. I shake my head at myself and find I can't do it this time. What's wrong with me?

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:44 pm

Nicholas

A battle wages in her mind, one I can see through her pale blue eyes. In wonderment of what it is, I study her again and watch her shake her head at something.

"You alright?" I ask.

She nods again, not speaking still. Her gaze sets in her lap, and I decide to shift mine elsewhere as well. I wonder if I make her uncomfortable, but push away the thought in pursuit of something else to say.

"I just have my brother, father, and mother," I decide on. "I've never been outside the castle either..."

I return my gaze to her.

"Have you been to the forest?" I ask. "What's in there? I've always wondered."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:00 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I sneak my dagger back into my bag and hesitate before answering truthfully, "Yes. It's very dangerous. Goblins and such live there..." I answer.

He studies me, "Wow. Anything happen to you?"

I look down at myself, chuckling, "I don't think so."

He smiles back and I bite my lip, glancing up at him once more as I do. I smile even wider and blush a little, tucking some of my hair behind my ear. I hear footsteps outside the door, and then a faint knocking. The Prince hesitates before exusing himself, glancing back at me every once and a while until he gets to the door.

I zone out a little bit afterwards but glance back to find his brother there, studying me before pulling Nicholas aside.

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Nicholas

My heart drops and I have to bite my tongue to keep from groaning when someone knocks on the door. Hesitating, I excuse myself and walk towards it. Every so often, I glance back before realizing it makes me seem like an idiot. I stop at once and wrap my fingers around the door handle, pulling it open.

James stands there, looking past me at Felicity before pulling me out of the room and shutting the door behind me.

"What are you doing?" he whispers.

"Talking. I didn't realize it was such a crime," I respond.

"Don't trust her," he says, glancing at the door for a moment. "Something is off about her. I sense it."

"She is harmless," I assure him. "Just a maid. Father wouldn't have hired anyone who would pose a threat."

"Don't be so sure," he grumbles before turning and walking away.

Confused, I stand there for a moment, watching him walk off, before turning and heading back inside.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:12 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

He comes back, sitting beside me, and I sigh before grabbing my stuff, "I'm sorry If I made the wrong impression."

He shakes his head, "No, No... as I said, he's just a kid. He's not good with new people."

I nod, "Oh."

He sighs, "Stay?" He asks, "I'm still lonely."

How can a prince be lonely? Eh...

I glance back at him before sitting down again, looking down. He tilts my chin up to look at him and I blush even more as he speaks, "You look worried."

I shrug and he pulls his hand away, "What's wrong?"

I sigh, "S'complicated," I respond.

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women