z

Young Writers Society

Arcacia (Taken)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:17 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Nicholas

I study her before nodding and deciding not to press.

"You can trust me, if you wish for someone to tell," I assure her. "But you don't have to."

Glancing at the window, I stand and walk to it.

"You were saying..." I set my eyes on the forest again.

"Oh," she searches her mind to remember. "Goblins and such are out there. It's dangerous."

"You said you've been?" I glance back at her.

She nods.

"Tell me about it?" I ask, smiling lightly.

Slowly, she matches the smile, blush still slightly resident on her cheeks.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:23 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I smile, standing to move next to him, "Sure. Over by the western side there is a cave. Mother says that there are witches there that can grant your every witch if you can get them the one thing they want. The king's ring that holds his liberty. Though, I don't believe in the legend, I still think it's pretty interesting."

"Ah," He glances at me, "Have you ever been to the cave?"

I shake my head, "No. It's to far; and there are creatures in there that I don't want to deal with. I would if I could though."

He nods, looking back at the forest, "Now your making it sound tempting."

I nod, my thoughts swirling, but don't say anything
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Nicholas

The King's ring... Is that what Father's desire for knowledge on this is about?

Scanning the outskirts of the forest, I wonder how I would fair in a situation like that. Would I fail, or prove James to be less capable than I, as Father fervently believes? Chewing on the inside of my lip, I take a deep breath and glance back at Felicity.

"What other creatures reside in that place?" I ask. "Dragons, demons... What? Have you known someone to go in and come out alive?"

I stop with the questions, scolding myself mentally. Compose yourself, Nick. You sound like an excited child.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:34 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I glance at him befor moving to his front and leaning against the window, "I had another brother. A year younger then me, actually. He uh...Tried going in there. I went with him, all I saw was a crack, and then..his body hanging from a tree. I woke up at home, sick, and then never saw him again," I tell him, "It was...scary."

He stares at me for a few seconds, "Well, atleast your okay," he said, tucking some hair behind my ear.

I study him before nodding, '"I guess, but I'm scared to go in there again. I'm sure it was a demon of some sort, maybe devils, but I don't understand why they would choose him and not me.'

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Nicholas

I watch her, unable to keep from feeling sorry for her. Nodding, I shift my gaze to the forest again and allow myself to slip into thought. Demons in Arcacia? Father would laugh. But... then again... maybe what this is about.

"Sometimes the darkness isn't able to smother the light," I say, looking at her again. "Maybe it saw good in you, too much of it to stomach."

After studying her for a moment, I glance down at the report below me, leaning against the desk. Biting the inside of my lip again, I stand up straight and cross my arms over my chest.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:42 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I study what he does before nodding and looking down. His eyes trace to me, "Sorry though. Do you miss him?"

I nod again, "Very much."

He sighs, pulling me into a hug, and I hesitate before hugging him back. It feels surprisingly warm when we hug, and somewhere deep inside me, I feel...sparks?

I pull back quickly, clearing my throat. I'm not suppost to be falling in love with him. I'm suppost to be killing him.

I look away and bite my lip before looking back at him, "Don't go in there. It's not worth it."

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:47 pm
View Likes

Nicholas

Hugging a maid. What are you doing? Focus on who you are, Nick. Princes don't do such things.

I study her, reflecting on everything, before glancing at the forest again.

That hug though... How much better would it feel if we kiss?

I shake those thoughts away and clear my throat, looking back at her.

"If I do go, I'll go alone," I say. "So I'm the only one at risk. My father has another heir... It won't matter."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:55 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I shake my head, studying him, 'Why would you go if you know that it'd risk yur own life?" I ask.

He thinks, "For the rush, I guess."

I sigh and study him even more before Moving to his side again and looking out over the forest, "I wouldn't. It'd horrible. Not a rush at all."

He studies me and I glance at him, trying to change the subject, "Are you having dinner tonight?"

He nods, "Maybe. Are you?"

I think, "No. Too much on my mind."

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Nicholas

I nod, studying her, before looking out at the forest again. Would it be for the rush? Of course not. It'd be for proof. Proof that I'm ready for my Father's throne.

"If you decide to," I look at her, "you're welcome to join me. I more than likely will be up here instead of the dining room."

Sighing, I walk away from the window and sit at the table again. I slip deep into thought once more and try to figure out Father's riddles and mysteries, hoping this is the last test he'll put me through before I ascend to the throne.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:14 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

Felicity

I smile and nod, watching him strode to the table again. I hesitate before grabbing my stuff, my head spinning in hopes of not getting in trouble by the king that I'm working for. I smile wider before waving a small wave, "I'm heading out."

He nods and smiles back, "Just come if you need anything. I'd be happy to help."

I nod back and head to my room, the triggers in my head moving like I've never known. What just happened in there?

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:20 pm

Nicholas

Once she leaves, I sigh and head back to my desk. Thinking about everything that just happened, I open my window and slip out. I grab my cloak on the way out and latch the window shut behind me.

It won't hurt to scan the outskirts...

I flip my hood up and quickly make it to the edge of the forest, hesitating before walking inside.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:44 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

Once I get in my room, I turn the lights out and lie in bed. I stare at tr ceiling, thinking about everything that's happened today.

I have a crush on the prince. It's never going to happen, Fel. Plus, you have to kill him. Wait! Maybe...

I bite my lip, smirking lightly. I can get the best of both. Make him think that I love him, we can get 'close' and then kill him when I'm close enough or when he's destracted. Easy. But...I don't know if I can.

Sighing, I play with my charm bracelet and think of what he'd do if he found out. If he really loves me, he wouldn't be mad at me because he knows I have no choice. He'd know I'd get punished. I glance around, "It takes time," I whisper to myself, "He'll have to open up to you sometime."

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Nicholas

Every step I take echoes despite the soft grass below my feet. Pulling my cloak tighter around me, I push on and shrug off the sudden chill vibrating up and down my spine. Just as all light seems to cease existence, I stop in my tracks and hold my breath.

Whispers trickle in my ears and cloud my mind. They get louder and louder until I have the control over my body to turn straight around and run back to where I think the exit is. Before I reach the edge of the forest, I come to a slow walk and catch my breath.

I think that's enough for one night...

Swallowing, I sneak back into my room and discard my cloak. I lie on my bed, kicking my boots off, and unbutton my shirt before just setting still. My thoughts trail back to Felicity, how I acted, and I almost burn red with embarrassment of some of the things I said.

She's one big mystery, like Father's orders on this report. Am I crazy, going after a girl of the commons?

Shaking such thoughts out of my head, i close my eyes and allow myself to relax, slowly falling asleep.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:46 pm
PixieStix says...

Felicity

The next morning, my eyes flutter open and I put on my maid's outfit. The sun shines through the windows and I sigh, making my way to the bathroom.

I curl my hair so they bounce in ringlets off my shoulders and do my makeup like always, putting on my boots and making my own bed. My thoughts swift once more and I hesitate before going to the prince's room, knocking on the door in wait for his awakening.

82 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Nicholas

Just as I wake the next morning, someone knocks on the door. I clear my throat and tell them to wait a moment, rising out of bed. Pulling on a dark shirt and buttoning it up, I slip on a pair of lounge pants and my boots soon after. Running a hand through my hair quick, I head for the door and yawn before opening.

Felicity stands there, all dolled up and everything. I suppress my reaction and casually smile.

"Good morning," I greet, stepping aside. "Come in."
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14