z

Young Writers Society

Co-Author/Editor Wanted! Fantasy/Horror

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:51 pm
View Likes
LanaBrown says...

Okay, so I had this cool (well I thought it was cool) dream and it keeps popping up in my head so I thought of making it into a story; problem is I have zero experience writing horror stories/death scenes and I need a partner with a twisted mind (or just really good imagination) to help me out. Here is the plot:

Years ago a village was plagued by a terrible drought. The crops died so there was no food to feed the livestock and they died. With hardly no food left for the villagers to eat and desperate, the village leader summons a demon that was supposed make crops grow. But unknowingly released the demon angel of death, Samæl, on the village and everybody is slowly being killed.

I know this probably sounds crazy but that is why I need a partner, to help me work out the details. Anyway, of anybody feels like they wanna take this on with me could you please write a short little scene where the village elder summons Samæl and is killed just so I can see what you have to contribute. Feel free to let your imagination go wild. :D
Last edited by LanaBrown on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We're all in the same game, just on different levels; Dealing with the same hell, only different devils.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:11 am
View Likes
megsug says...

Hey Lana,

I think your idea is awesome. I've been wanting to try my hand at some horror but haven't had an idea that isn't half bad and really cliched. Here's what I wrote. We'll see if I'm up to snuff :wink:

The village elder stood in the center of a dim room, lit by a single flickering candle. The yellow wax had dripped over the candle holder, and only a nub was left, slowly melting into nothing. The elder read aloud from the Great Book in the center of the room. “When we are thirsting, starving, and weak we will call on you.” With chalk, he wrote a circle of runes on the wooden floor, chanting all the while, “We will pray to the darkness and turn our backs on the light.” He grabbed the wrist of a boy with a vice-like grip and pulled him toward the circle, drawing a long, thin blade from within his robe. He slashed the boy’s arm and dragged the sobbing child around the runes, shaking the warm blood onto the white markings. He threw the child away into the arms of a terrified mother and ordered them both to leave. “We sacrifice our children.” He poured the thick blood drained from one of the precious surviving chickens upon the runes and watched as the white chalk seemed to suck up the liquid. “We sacrifice our livelihood.” He flipped ten gold coins into the circle, each at a different rune. “We sacrifice our wealth.” He slashed his own arm, looking away from the wound, and shook his own blood onto the chalk. “We sacrifice ourselves.” He shed his cloak. “And stand before you naked.” He stepped into the circled and raised his arms. “Trusting that you will give us children. You will make it so we can work. You will make us rich. You will save us. You will clothe us.” His head fell back and he cried to the heavens, “Awake, Samæl! Help us as we pledge ourselves to you!”
The candle flickered out, having burned itself into nonexistence.
For many moments, the elder stood blind, his shaking arms outstretched to the heavens. He choked on a gasp as a shadow rose before him. His hands slowly fell to his sides, and he lowered his head in respect. “You have answered my call.”
The shadow, nothing more than a hulking figure in the dark, ran a talon along his mutilated arm and brought that to its mouth. It nodded silently.
“You will help us then?” the elder asked excitedly, “With the crops?”
The beast shook as if with laughter though no sound came from it. Stupid human, ran through the elder’s mind.
He only managed one scream before the demon pounced.
Test

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:07 am
LanaBrown says...

Megsug,

Wow, that was great, I think you'd be a great co-author. Anyways it's late right know, so I'll pm you either tomorrow or Wednsday so we can work out schedules.
We're all in the same game, just on different levels; Dealing with the same hell, only different devils.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein